Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,448 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

How Akpabio Became PDP Governors’ Forum Chair - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Akpabio Became PDP Governors’ Forum Chair (824 Views)

How Akpabio, Udom Procurred Controversial Judgment- Sahara Reporters / fayose Rejects Mimiko As PDP Governors’ Forum Chair / Court Strikes-Out Fashola’s Suit To Stop Jang As Governors’ Forum Chair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Akpabio Became PDP Governors’ Forum Chair by Nobody: 6:28pm On Feb 26, 2013
** President Jonathan Declares War On Governor Amaechi

President Goodluck Jonathan declared a “war” against Nigeria Governors Forum (NGF) Chair Rotimi Amaechi at a session with the governors of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) on Sunday night, it was learnt yesterday.

He told the governors that he could not work with Rivers State Governor as the chairman of the NGF because the governor had not been fair to him as the nation’s number one leader.

According to sources who know what transpired in House 7 at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, the President was visibly angry that he had been allegedly maligned by Amaechi over the oil wells dispute between Rivers State and Bayelsa State.

It was gathered that the President said in view of the attitude of the governor, it would be difficult to work with Amaechi.

It was also learnt that a video clip of an event in Calabar was shown to the governors to strengthen the President’s case against Amaechi.

A source said: “The President made his point that no one can hide under the NGF to rubbish him in any manner. He told the PDP governors that he had had enough.

“At a stage, the President said he was prepared for the worst, rather than allow Amaechi to tarnish his integrity. He asked the PDP governors to call Amaechi to order.

“Those at the session saw a video clip of an event in Calabar in which Amaechi purportedly indicted Jonathan on the rift over oil wells between Bayelsa and Rivers states.”

It was also learnt that the President got angry and said: “I cannot work with Amaechi as the chairman of the NGF.”

Another source quoted the President as saying: “If there is any issue, let us sort it out physically, man-to-man, instead of someone hiding under the Governors Forum to score cheap points.

“At that point, a pin-drop silence enveloped the venue because it was an open declaration of ‘war’ by the President.

Asked how the governor responded to the President’s speech, the source said they were all speechless at the session which had the National Chairman of PDP, Alhaji Bamanga Tukur and acting National Secretary,Barrister Onwe Onwe in attendance.

With the comments of the President, the governors were boxed into a corner when the idea of a PDP Governors Forum was broached.

“I think the plot was already hatched before the President called for the meeting. That was how Governor Godswill Akpabio emerged as the chairman of the PDP Governors Forum,” the source said.

Asked why no governor could make any input, the source, who pleaded not to be named, added: “The fear of backlash accounted for it. With the vituperations against Amaechi, no governor needed to be told to keep quiet.

“The mood at the meeting suggested that the Presidency could clampdown on any of the governors. So, it was better to beat a tactical retreat.”

But barely few hours after the forceful emergence of Akpabio, Northern governors in PDP regrouped to reject the “imposition”.

They said the North ought to have produced the chairman of the PDP Governors Forum, going by the fact that 15 out of 23 members of the newly formed Forum are from the North.

Another source added: “The governors are insisting that the election of the chairman of the PDP Governors Forum ought to be thrown open.

“They want the choice of Akpabio revisited because it was not democratically done. Thatis another challenge facing the NGF.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/news/how-akpabio-became-pdp-governors-forum-chair/
Re: How Akpabio Became PDP Governors’ Forum Chair by OkikiOluwa1(m): 6:47pm On Feb 26, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Another source quoted the President as saying: “If there is any issue, let us sort it out physically, man-to-man,
as in exchanging blows? So GEJ is also a fighter.
Re: How Akpabio Became PDP Governors’ Forum Chair by Nobody: 7:20pm On Feb 26, 2013
Governor Amaechi is so arrogant and full of himself. He'll soon get into trouble.

I have NEVER heard him say kind words about the administration of president Jonathan, despite the fact that they belong to same political party.

1 Like

Re: How Akpabio Became PDP Governors’ Forum Chair by solopumpy227: 10:36pm On Feb 26, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Governor Amaechi is so arrogant and full of himself. He'll soon get into trouble.

I have NEVER heard him say kind words about the administration of president Jonathan, despite the fact that they belong to same political party.

Bro reno you dont have to always walk with your head. Amaechi is not answerable to your master, only to the people of Rivers state. Your master believes Presidency is kingship that is why he expect 'respects' from all and sundry. You, Abati, Okupe, Douglas and Orubebe remind me of AGF Aondoaka, where is he today? You can continue enjoying your fake 'victories' over OBJ and PDP-GOVS. Like I told you before you ran away wink

[b]Oga Reno stop debating yourself what happened will not surprise any intelligent follower at all. This can as well be achieved by a ward Chancellor without qualms.. The political space is chocking-up and Oga Jonathan needed to take decisive, albeit, undemocratic steps to secure his political future. We all know Akpabio was imposed on PDP Govs, just, by announcement/suppresion of the Party leadership, we also know Anenih was imposed in the same manner. That is not victory for Jonathan (over OBJ as you wish). On the contrary Jonathan has, probably, just won a battle and may loose the war latter. He has been forced to play his Jokers. All oppositions to his 2nd term now know (too early) they cant win him within PDP and its left for them to choose if/how and where to fight him. You can force a horse to the river but you can force the water down its throat. The ultimate power of a Leader is the one voluntarily bestowed by the followers not victory by announcement and suppression.

Let me educate you on how your Master can achieve a true victory over OBJ and others:
1. Let all the Northern Govs start showing open allegiance to him and supports for his course
2. Let his choice Gov become the Head of the NGF first showing the world how popular he is
3. Let the general public opinion about him as a failure change into a new song

OBJ sowed these seeds before and he is still reaping the bitter fruits till tomorrow. Your master could have his way in PDP but the bigger picture doesnt show he would have his way in 2015. The votes he had in the North in 2011 were 'bought' by the indefatigable Northern Govs that are now his sworn enemies. The only way he can have votes in the south-west again is to become people's President overnight. On the other note if Jonathan's plan is to become the last Nigerian President I think the plan is working well.[/b]
Re: How Akpabio Became PDP Governors’ Forum Chair by Nobody: 11:05pm On Feb 26, 2013
solopumpy227:

Bro reno you dont have to always walk with your head. Amaechi is not answerable to your master, only to the people of Rivers state. Your master believes Presidency is kingship that is why he expect 'respects' from all and sundry. You, Abati, Okupe, Douglas and Orubebe remind me of AGF Aondoaka, where is he today? You can continue enjoying your fake 'victories' over OBJ and PDP-GOVS. Like I told you before you ran away wink

[b]Oga Reno stop debating yourself what happened will not surprise any intelligent follower at all. This can as well be achieved by a ward Chancellor without qualms.. The political space is chocking-up and Oga Jonathan needed to take decisive, albeit, undemocratic steps to secure his political future. We all know Akpabio was imposed on PDP Govs, just, by announcement/suppresion of the Party leadership, we also know Anenih was imposed in the same manner. That is not victory for Jonathan (over OBJ as you wish). On the contrary Jonathan has, probably, just won a battle and may loose the war latter. He has been forced to play his Jokers. All oppositions to his 2nd term now know (too early) they cant win him within PDP and its left for them to choose if/how and where to fight him. You can force a horse to the river but you can force the water down its throat. The ultimate power of a Leader is the one voluntarily bestowed by the followers not victory by announcement and suppression.

Let me educate you on how your Master can achieve a true victory over OBJ and others:
1. Let all the Northern Govs start showing open allegiance to him and supports for his course
2. Let his choice Gov become the Head of the NGF first showing the world how popular he is
3. Let the general public opinion about him as a failure change into a new song

OBJ sowed these seeds before and he is still reaping the bitter fruits till tomorrow. Your master could have his way in PDP but the bigger picture doesnt show he would have his way in 2015. The votes he had in the North in 2011 were 'bought' by the indefatigable Northern Govs that are now his sworn enemies. The only way he can have votes in the south-west again is to become people's President overnight. On the other note if Jonathan's plan is to become the last Nigerian President I think the plan is working well.[/b]
Save those advice for yourself. You may use them to improve your own life

1 Like

Re: How Akpabio Became PDP Governors’ Forum Chair by Nobody: 11:12pm On Feb 26, 2013
Hhmmmm ....Sorry O, Dr Effeanyi AKA Sincere9gerian,I know you are very busy with this your 40 laptop work now,so I dont want to disturb you much,but can you sincerely help me with a fast cure for Gonorrhea,something in form of tablet or anything apart from injections. cool

1 Like

Re: How Akpabio Became PDP Governors’ Forum Chair by solopumpy227: 11:24pm On Feb 26, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Save those advice for yourself. You may use them to improve your own life

We are ridding on this same boat and you are drilling a big hole on it. I know you are drilling from your side but could you, please, stop drilling.

Truth is bitter and it always makes the evil ones uncomfortable. Mr Reno Omokri would be going down in Nigerian history as one of the young men that were given opportunity to serve patriotically but chose th black book like Daniel Kanu, Bankole, Aoandoaka, Abati, Orubebe

(1) (Reply)

Obasanjo, Cause Of Yoruba Marginalisation – Alaafin / BREAKING: Nscdc’s Mysterious “oga At The Top” Finally Revealed / PHOTOS: Shell Exposes World’s Largest Illegal Oil Refinery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.