Stats: 3,152,335 members, 7,815,662 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) - Properties (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) (167239 Views)

My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project / The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House / Building My Three (3) Bedroom Flat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 11:09pm On Nov 06, 2013
[quote author=Divine touch][/quote]

That happiness will never depart from you now and always sir smiley
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 11:20pm On Nov 06, 2013
Dereformer: Op congrats.
Pls i need your advice on this:

I started a 4 bedroom bungalow in my village in Abia state. The project is presently at window level.

But the issue is that i did not do german flooring and there are no provisions for pillars except 2 at the front sit-out.

The land where the building is situated is dry land.

Is my not having german flooring and enough pillars likely to affect the building?

I have seen bungalows built without german floor and pillars still standing after many decades.

Please, professionals, i need your responses on my question. To get money to start building project no be beans oooo.

Pillars are very important factors in a building. It forms a binding effect, more like when you wrap your hands tightly round a lady, you know obviously she is going nowhere because she is tightly within your grisp. That's what a pillar does to a building. But since you said its very dry land then you have nothing to worry about. However, if the area is not fully developed and development like road it drainage construction wants to come in, the moments caterpillars and all those heavy machineries starts rumbling the ground, it is usually those without pillars that suffers the after effect. As for the German floor which u didn't do initially, just make sure your concrete to sand mixture for the flooring should be at least 4 inches thick, you should have no problem. The pillars can still be applied at the present stage should you care to do so sir, remain blessed. smiley

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Eyop: 11:21pm On Nov 06, 2013
Muyesk, congratulations. So what it means is that with #7million i cannot build a 4 or 5Bedroom duplex?
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 11:23pm On Nov 06, 2013
mufutau55:

There are different quality of PVC, those poorly Chinese made will sag with time.. but better made one never sags. Muyesky got a very good quality one and I got the same PVC too, so I know.

Hajji Mufutau

You van say that again sir smiley
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 11:24pm On Nov 06, 2013
Holly b: Congrats bro you've done a very good job and may God grant you d grace to finish this and other projects lyk dis. Amen

Amen, thanks a lot madam smiley
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by joyfun: 11:27pm On Nov 06, 2013
[quote author=Muyesky][/quote]
Thanks so much for sharing this information. very encouraging and educative.
please can you give me number of person that did your aluminum roofing, material and labor.
also could you send me your contact number, i would like to engage some of your laborers at a site in Lagos .thanks
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 11:28pm On Nov 06, 2013
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 11:32pm On Nov 06, 2013
biting cool: hello Muyesky, pls before you go. this PVC roofing, wont it cause heat..? cos i was told it causes unbearable heat. that its not good. pls whats ur opinion.

Heat is very relative sir, ceilings and other vent openings like the number and sizes of windows are also major determinant. The usual pvc that causes heat is 5mm thick. This one is 10mm thick so heat tendency has been considerably reduced to the nearest minimum. smiley
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 11:33pm On Nov 06, 2013
tlops: came late on this thread, but its been worth the time,,, congratulations to the OP!

Thank you so much sir smiley
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 11:41pm On Nov 06, 2013
delpee: Just seeing this and I am really impressed. I always advise younger people to rent wisely and have a time frame within which they should own their own homes. Those who rent 2mill p.a flats can now see that they will build faster if they get a cheaper place to stay. Ladies can also learn how many blocks/bags of cement they can buy from their brazilian hair and italian designer bag budget.
Well done guys! More grease to your elbows.

Thank you so much madam, determination and prayers are the factors that guided the apocalypse story and I thank God that it has been able to inspire and motivate others. smiley
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 11:43pm On Nov 06, 2013
Eyop: Muyesk, congratulations. So what it means is that with #7million i cannot build a 4 or 5Bedroom duplex?

That should be able to move it a long way but may not be able to completely. However, your house plan is also a major prerequisite in determining your cost smiley
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 11:46pm On Nov 06, 2013
joyfun:
Thanks so much for sharing this information. very encouraging and educative.
please can you give me number of person that did your aluminum roofing, material and labor. thanks

My company did all those madam. I am into general building constructions. If you check my other threads, you will understand where I am coming from. 08035757416 or muyiwaolakunde@rocketmail.com smiley
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 11:49pm On Nov 06, 2013
funtanherb: please what is the cost of land in that area,did you know a reliable person that i can buy from

Please, call 08035757416 smiley
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 11:51pm On Nov 06, 2013
WebSurfer: @op, can you tell me how much you have spent so far and the level you have reached?
Am currently also building and I just finished foundation level hoping to take to the roofing level, please kindly give me the estimate you think I can use to achieve this..
I spent an estimate of around 550-600k to get to this level.
below is an attached picture of its current status.
Am building a standard 3 bed room bungalow

thanks

Please call 08035757416, I need to get some facts right before I can speculate for you sir
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Nobody: 11:55pm On Nov 06, 2013
Muyesky:

Please call 08035757416, I need to get some facts right before I can speculate for you sir

What is with all this call, call? u learnt this free of charge ON NAIRALAND from people like spyder and barbus and u are asking someone to call.

Don't you know someone else might be interested in the answer, mtchew

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 12:00am On Nov 07, 2013
tolsee: Wow, you have inspired me! Now I'm thinking of building a "safe house" in the suburbs of Lagos, Nigeria..

The land is big enough for us all sir smiley
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by WebSurfer(m): 12:01am On Nov 07, 2013
ok thanks, will call you tomorrow
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 12:07am On Nov 07, 2013
Promhize:

What is with all this call, call? Nigerians are very funny people, u learnt this free of charge ON NAIRALAND from people like spyder and barbus and u are asking someone to call.

Don't you know someone else might be interested in the answer, mtchew

Well, I want you to to understand that there are questions that can be answered only if you get the true fact. I can't answer questions about how many blocks will complete a building when I don't know the size or dimentions. If you have ever been following my thread, you will know that I don't answer something I am not sure about so I don't mislead others. You nee d not be harsh in your complaint sir if at all there should be any. I answered those that were straight easy to answer and those that needs further clarification will most definitely have to cal so we can share idears sir. I am a professional and not a magician. I don't know what you have against me sir but that definitely was not a very polite way to go about it. It is well with you and your household.

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by ejiyke2007(m): 12:15am On Nov 07, 2013
nice topic
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 12:18am On Nov 07, 2013
ejiyke2007: nice topic

Thank you so much sir
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Nobody: 12:23am On Nov 07, 2013
Muyesky:

Well, I want you to to understand that there are questions that can be answered only if you get the true fact. I can't answer questions about how many blocks will complete a building when I don't know the size or dimentions. If you have ever been following my thread, you will know that I don't answer something I am not sure about so I don't mislead others. You nee d not be harsh in your complaint sir if at all there should be any. I answered those that were straight easy to answer and those that needs further clarification will most definitely have to cal so we can share idears sir. I am a professional and not a magician. I don't know what you have against me sir but that definitely was not a very polite way to go about it. It is well with you and your household.

Sorry, just went through the thread, problem was I saw like three "call so so and so" on one page

Nice work, my sincere apology.

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 12:31am On Nov 07, 2013
Promhize:

Sorry, just went through the thread, problem was I saw like three "call so so and so" on one page

Nice work, my sincere apology.

Duly noted sir, its a forum to learn from and I am still learning too smiley. Thank you very much for your understanding, I feel highly relieved now.

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Venchy: 12:46am On Nov 07, 2013
Really nice.
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by dozymars(m): 12:48am On Nov 07, 2013
You can order for your building materials online.

Go to www.dozymars.com and make ur order.
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by profedet: 1:53am On Nov 07, 2013
The Lord that has been helping you from the beginning will ensure that you finish strong in Jesus name. This is quite an inspiration to a lot of us on Nairaland, Keep it up.

So, when are you inviting us Nairalander for the house warming. We would like our own canopy if you don"t mind. cheesy
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by jerryben12: 3:48am On Nov 07, 2013
dozymars: You can order for your building materials online.

How are you different from a photo book? You put out a website with bunch of pictures and advertise yourself as an Ecommerce merchant. Nonsense. How many Ecommerce sites have you seen without prices of items listed on the sites?

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by mufutau55(m): 4:13am On Nov 07, 2013
dozymars: You can order for your building materials online.

Dozymars. How does one knows the prices on those items before someone place an order? You need to put prices.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Blackskin: 5:15am On Nov 07, 2013
How much dd u get d land?
Muyesky: all thanks to mr spyder who gave me the inspiration to begin this, he made me realise that with determination, dedication and God by your side, anything is achievable smiley
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by donbuchi1(m): 5:18am On Nov 07, 2013
Congrats
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 6:10am On Nov 07, 2013
don buchi: Congrats

Thanks a lot sir
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Sike(m): 7:18am On Nov 07, 2013
YAY! House cost o. But i believe i will build one - against all odds.
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 7:22am On Nov 07, 2013
prof edet:
The Lord that has been helping you from the beginning will ensure that you finish strong in Jesus name. This is quite an inspiration to a lot of us on Nairaland, Keep it up.

So, when are you inviting us Nairalander for the house warming. We would like our own canopy if you don"t mind. cheesy

A special invitation will definitely be sent to you sirand a special seat reserved just for you grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (27) (Reply)

Noisy Sex: The Notice A Landlord Pasted At His House / Aloysius Nnamdi Ikegwuonu "Bishop" Building House In This Recession! / The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs)