Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,728 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:10 PM

Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) (167191 Views)

My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project / The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House / Building My Three (3) Bedroom Flat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by mufutau55(m): 2:09pm On Mar 23, 2013
Muyesky:
Why would you need metal doors throughout the house? Never heard of or seen that........unless you are actually trying to build a vault or a strong room. Believe me, it has no advantage at all..........once again, never heard of it but you could be the first but please find other reasonable avenues to channel your hard earned cash........just a piece of advise.

Good advise at that. Metal doors inside is like prison.. we are already inprisoned with those iron window guards and entrance/exit metal doors.. If the security in Nigeria is still as good as when I was living in Nigeria, we shouldn't even be needing all those prison guards and doors. Good advise Muyesky.

Mufutau
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by skimanski(m): 3:06pm On Mar 23, 2013
Area-Fada:

@muyesky,

My builder is recommending metal doors throughout the house. This should start after Easter God willing. But is there any real advantage of metal doors inside the house? The internal doors should be about 16 or so, not sure until I have a look at the plan again.

lol Very funny. Metal Doors (Security doors mostly with peepholes all inside your house) your entry door and Kitchen exit door should be enough for metal doors, or maybe if you have any other door like verandah doors or doors that leads directly outside. Please don't waste your money ooo on metal doors oo. First they aren't as beautiful and internal wooden/panel doors except d very expensive ones.
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Schynam: 4:14pm On Mar 23, 2013
mufutau55:

Good advise at that. Metal doors inside is like prison.. we are already inprisoned with those iron window guards and entrance/exit metal doors.. If the security in Nigeria is still as good as when I was living in Nigeria, we shouldn't even be needing all those prison guards and doors. Good advise Muyesky.

Mufutau

You have to be kidding me. What security?
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Schynam: 4:18pm On Mar 23, 2013
Muyesky:

In doing the proper estimate of a building, certain things aree always overlooked but when you sum them together, they tend to matter a lot financially.
Schnapps: I actually bought some for the land owners for prayers while working.

Ojagba: aka wood binder, that's what is used to bind the roofing wood to the building itself for tightness and firmness. Every house carries it.

Family: some unaccounted for money spent or given to the land owners, u really cannot escape things like this once in a while. Its all for the greater good.

I hope this answers your questions?

Yes thanks. I was thinking of Ojagba as "Snatching". Like Area Boys fees or something.

I guess Ojaagba would do.

1 Like

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by mufutau55(m): 10:02pm On Mar 23, 2013
Schynam:

You have to be kidding me. What security?

Well, at one point in the past we did not have all those metal doors.. the thiefs and rogues were limited.
At least I remember that much.. go back 40/45 years... or may be I am just too old.smiley

Mufutau
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by AreaFada2: 11:52pm On Mar 23, 2013
skimanski:

lol Very funny. Metal Doors (Security doors mostly with peepholes all inside your house) your entry door and Kitchen exit door should be enough for metal doors, or maybe if you have any other door like verandah doors or doors that leads directly outside. Please don't waste your money ooo on metal doors oo. First they aren't as beautiful and internal wooden/panel doors except d very expensive ones.

I have never used any internal metal doors in the past either.....but you know when you are away, you start to hear different things, like how security is worse these days. Wooden doors have done very well for me.
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by AreaFada2: 11:58pm On Mar 23, 2013
mufutau55:

Mufutau

You're right.....my madam always complains about lack of fresh air and breeze due to high fence whenever she visits home. Only God can save one in emergency. Apparently some people are now using metal doors throughout......he said that he used it in his own house just recently built..........I will ask him to send pictures of his own via BBM.
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by AreaFada2: 12:08am On Mar 24, 2013
Muyesky:

Why would you need metal doors throughout the house? Never heard of or seen that........unless you are actually trying to build a vault or a strong room. Believe me, it has no advantage at all..........once again, never heard of it but you could be the first but please find other reasonable avenues to channel your hard earned cash........just a piece of advise.

I certainly have lots of things to spend money on......it's good to seek advice from many sources. I have already saved quite a bit of money by taking my time to make enquiries so far.

I think we overbuild houses in Naija. From elaborate pillars that serve no real function to all kind of tacky additions.
That's what I like about the simple but functional design of your house.
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Nobody: 1:11am On Mar 24, 2013
Area-Fada:

I certainly have lots of things to spend money on......it's good to seek advice from many sources. I have already saved quite a bit of money by taking my time to make enquiries so far.

I think we overbuild houses in Naija. From elaborate pillars that serve no real function to all kind of tacky additions.

I have been saying this for so long that we over build in Nigeria with most of these pillars and German floors that are so common in even bungalows. We tend to waste money unnecessarily.
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 9:23am On Mar 24, 2013
Area-Fada:

Thanks a lot.........inspiration is everything. I gathered lots of them from this forum it enabled me fashioned out a design that will not cut deep into my pocket. I have many friends that paid heavily for very complex designs without considering the cost effect and as at today, I have gone way past them evn though they've spent more than I have just cos of flashy pointless designs. I simply learned to cut my coat according to my material.
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 9:30am On Mar 24, 2013
payless:

I have been saying this for so long that we over build in Nigeria with most of these pillars and German floors that are so common in even bungalows. We tend to waste money unnecessarily.

That is the essence of this forum, to enlighten and make us realize that simplicity is key. Fresh air even encourages it, so you really have a point my brother. I have saved a lot thus far............thanks
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by tunde57: 12:08pm On Mar 28, 2013
Muyesky:

Pvc guy was recommended by amoula and yes, he travels to even as far as the north to install so Abeokuta is a stone throw. The front entrance door cost 45k, a complete wondow aluminium with net(4ft x 4ft)will be 5k then u multiply by the numbers of windows you have. Internally, I have 10 doors nd the frame already installed for them is mahogany wood so that's what I will be using to complete them, each door at the rate of 12k, but there are cheaper ones depending on your taste and quality. When ever you are ready, the PVC guy will be on standby. Thanks

Once again thanks for your wonderful enlightenment, I have since copied your burglary proof but my welder is insisting that the material used and produced for N4,500.00 is 3/4 inch square pipe and not 1 inch pipe. He is claiming that the cost of the burglary proof made with 1 inch square pipe could only be produced at N5,000.00.
Please kindly confirm the size of the square pipe so that I will know that he is not trying to rip me off.
Best Regards
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 12:47pm On Mar 28, 2013
tunde57:

Once again thanks for your wonderful enlightenment, I have since copied your burglary proof but my welder is insisting that the material used and produced for N4,500.00 is 3/4 inch square pipe and not 1 inch pipe. He is claiming that the cost of the burglary proof made with 1 inch square pipe could only be produced at N5,000.00.
Please kindly confirm the size of the square pipe so that I will know that he is not trying to rip me off.
Best Regards

1 inch pipe was used for me, that I can tell u authoritatively but if he insists on 5k and u trust his hand work then give it to him. The essence of this forum is to give a price range and also guide against unnecessary rip off but you can always expect a slight or unnoticed price variation.....at the end of the day, we all require very quality work that is reasonably priced............all the best.
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by mufutau55(m): 3:09pm On Mar 28, 2013
@Muyesky
I beleive you are right, because a variation of 500 Naira is not that much of a difference.
That is why it's called estimates..

Mufutau
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by sholasys: 3:30pm On Mar 29, 2013
OP!!! I admire your building. I pray God will make it a success.
pls how many cement did you buy to lintel level ?
what is the total cost of labour to lintel level ?
and how many blocks did u use to lintel level ?
Thanks
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by payoski: 1:07pm On Apr 10, 2013
[b][/b]
doctorgold: @ OP, this is a job well done. God will continue to provide for you. I wish to point ur attention to the fact that it is bad practice to construct a building without oversite concrete. If your architect included the sections in the drawing document, that means you chose to ignore it. The wall of your building tends to draw water frm the ground with time and it may lead to peeling of the paints at the base of the wall in the rooms. That is what oversite concrete prevents. Weldone all the same. God will build you a bigger one .
my is block without hole and I will do German floor room by room later and tile every where hope is ok? Pls do educate me thanks
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by AreaFada2: 4:30pm On Apr 10, 2013
Mr Muyesky, no abandon your thread o! Abi you done go holiday for Miami after hard work on this house? grin

We still need your inspiration.

I have got a quotation of 4k for the same tiles you bought for 2k300. But mine is in South-South. I need about 60sqm of fascial tiles, so it will be much. I am considering sending someone to Lagos to buy both the fascial, wall and floor tiles. Maybe even PVC (if I don't use POP)at the same time when I am ready. The price difference is too big.

The floor & wall tiles you are using/going to use, how much per square metre?

Thanks.
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 9:51pm On Apr 10, 2013
Area-Fada:
Mr Muyesky, no abandon your thread o! Abi you done go holiday for Miami after hard work on this house? grin

We still need your inspiration.

I have got a quotation of 4k for the same tiles you bought for 2k300. But mine is in South-South. I need about 60sqm of fascial tiles, so it will be much. I am considering sending someone to Lagos to buy both the fascial, wall and floor tiles. Maybe even PVC (if I don't use POP)at the same time when I am ready. The price difference is too big.

The floor & wall tiles you are using/going to use, how much per square metre?

Thanks.

Well, tanx a lot brother. i didnt abandon my thread o! av just been busy of late with work jare. Abi, i have to work to get more money to complete the building naa! grin. Well, as per your request, please do give me a call then we can discuss further on what form of help i can render, 08035757416 is my number.
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by doctorgold(m): 9:13am On Apr 11, 2013
Schynam: I need affordable bungalow house designs/plans. All en-suite(Whatever that means).
I want to congratulate you on your intention to build your dream house. Please be aware that vital issues like this should be left in care of professionals and not quacks. That is why I advise that you get in touch with us at Viewscape Studeos. 08065700664
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by AreaFada2: 8:11pm On Apr 11, 2013
Muyesky:

Well, tanx a lot brother. i didnt abandon my thread o! av just been busy of late with work jare. Abi, i have to work to get more money to complete the building naa! grin. Well, as per your request, please do give me a call then we can discuss further on what form of help i can render, 08035757416 is my number.

Thank you Sir Muyesky,

I will surely be getting in touch soon. I have to get busy with working to raise this dough.
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by jerryben12: 4:36am On Apr 14, 2013
Muyesky, thank you for this thread. Please kindly provide the labor cost for doing the whole plastering work (inside and outside). Also, what was the cost of labor you paid to the guy that did the designs around the windows and the stripe boundaries on the stone tiles? Will the guys that did the plastering be interested in working in Owode Onirin before Ikorodu? I will provide them with accomodation and three square meals daily. I am not forgetting beer, gin and wine smiley.

Additionally;
1. How much did you pay for the installation of the PVC (labor cost)?
2. How much was each door frame?

Thank you!
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 11:15pm On Apr 14, 2013
jerryben12: Muyesky, thank you for this thread. Please kindly provide the labor cost for doing the whole plastering work (inside and outside). Also, what was the cost of labor you paid to the guy that did the designs around the windows and the stripe boundaries on the stone tiles? Will the guys that did the plastering be interested in working in Owode Onirin before Ikorodu? I will provide them with accomodation and three square meals daily. I am not forgetting beer, gin and wine smiley.

Additionally;
1. How much did you pay for the installation of the PVC (labor cost)?
2. How much was each door frame?

Thank you!

Thanks a lot, i actually paid 40k for the installation of the PVC and 14k for each complete door with frame. The boys can work anywhere in Nigeria as long as the price is okay. All you need to let me know how soon you intend to start. The wine ofcourse ia an added incentive which they can never ignore grin

1 Like

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 2:59pm On Apr 21, 2013
preparing for tiling and wiring smiley
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by mufutau55(m): 3:38pm On Apr 22, 2013
Muyesky: preparing for tiling and wiring smiley
Please keep us posted.. Thanks.

Mufutau
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 4:43pm On Apr 22, 2013
mufutau55:
Please keep us posted.. Thanks.

Mufutau

smiley
Only the best is good enough, that is why i have decided to go for Nigerchin. though expensive but the quality is in it

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by mufutau55(m): 6:49pm On Apr 22, 2013
Muyesky: smiley
Only the best is good enough, that is why i have decided to go for Nigerchin. though expensive but the quality is in it

Thank you. Please don't forget to give us costs for materials and labor.
I am about to start this on my project too.. Thanks.

Hajji Mufutau

1 Like

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by sucessful1: 8:08pm On Apr 22, 2013
Muyesky:

Pvc guy was recommended by amoula and yes, he travels to even as far as the north to install so Abeokuta is a stone throw. The front entrance door cost 45k, a complete wondow aluminium with net(4ft x 4ft)will be 5k then u multiply by the numbers of windows you have. Internally, I have 10 doors nd the frame already installed for them is mahogany wood so that's what I will be using to complete them, each door at the rate of 12k, but there are cheaper ones depending on your taste and quality. When ever you are ready, the PVC guy will be
on standby. Thanks

Hello my broda,
Nice thread,pls bros where did u buy yr Aluminium windows and is it imported or tower?
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 8:25pm On Apr 22, 2013
mufutau55:

Thank you. Please don't forget to give us costs for materials and labor.
I am about to start this on my project too.. Thanks.

Hajji Mufutau

Duly noted sir wink
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 8:27pm On Apr 22, 2013
sucessful1:

Hello my broda,
Nice thread,pls bros where did u buy yr Aluminium windows and is it imported or tower?

Pls, ignore the price i quoted for the aluminium window, that was an error, I actually paid 10k each for them (4x4)
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by remcoface: 8:44pm On Apr 22, 2013
Muyesky:

Duly noted sir wink

Hello there,can you please fill out the cable prices for us?

(1)1.5mm red.
(2)1.5mm black.
(3)1.5mm green.
(4)2.5mm red.
(5)2.5mm black.
(6 )4.mm red.
(7)4.mm black.
(8 )6.mm red.
(9)6.mm black
(10)16.mm red.
(11)16.mm black.
(12)Antenna wire.
(13)35mm armoured cable
(14)25mm armoured cable

Thanks as you do.
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by mufutau55(m): 9:49pm On Apr 22, 2013
Muyesky:
Pls, ignore the price i quoted for the aluminium window, that was an error, I actually paid 10k each for them (4x4)

Muyesky, can you please post the pictures of the windows.
And also is this Imported and TOWER?
And Casement or Sliding windows?
Please I am looking to do windows for my project now and that price is reasonable if it is Casement window.
Thank you.

Mufutau
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 12:16am On Apr 23, 2013
mufutau55:

Muyesky, can you please post the pictures of the windows.
And also is this Imported and TOWAL?
And Casement or Sliding windows?
Please I am looking to do windows for my project now and that price is reasonable if it is Casement window.
Thank you.

Mufutau

I only av the window frame installed. I specifically asked the installer to hold on a while so I'll fix the window immediately after painting. Its tower nd its sliding nd not casement. A typical casement wld generally cost more.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

Noisy Sex: The Notice A Landlord Pasted At His House / Aloysius Nnamdi Ikegwuonu "Bishop" Building House In This Recession! / The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.