Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,123 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

The Assumption Of A Relationship That Does Not Exist - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Assumption Of A Relationship That Does Not Exist (1335 Views)

"love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! / What Is Ur Assumption Of The Word "missing" / The Many Erroneous Assumption Of Most Nigeria Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Assumption Of A Relationship That Does Not Exist by Orikinla(m): 11:15am On Feb 27, 2013
The assumption of a relationship that does not exist is common among young men and women.

You see a guy claiming that a girl is his girlfriend, whereas the girl does not say so.
Or a girl assuming that she is in relationship with a guy, but the guy does not think so.

It is most common among naive, immature and insecure people.
Small boys and small girls have fought over their assumptions of relationships with others.

"She is my babe o," a local guy here will brag to his peers on campus or in the neighbourhood referring to a particular girl he likes. But he has no proof.
In most cases, he cannot even kiss her. grin
He is only day dreaming.

Others think having a fling means you are dating, but hello! Having a fling does not mean you are having a relationship.

If a girl likes you, that does not make her your girlfriend until she has agreed she is.

[size=18pt]There is a mutual agreement in a relationship and if there is no agreement, there is no relationship.[/size]
Even a dalliance of romance does not mean a girl is your girlfriend or a guy is your boyfriend.

I have seen many scenarios of these ambiguous and erroneous assumptions among impressionable and vulnerable youths.
A mere peck, a casual hug or even sharing a bottle of drink is often mistaken for a love affair that does not exist.
I have seen even a guy killed over a girl he claimed to be his girlfriend and lost his precious life in a bloody fight with another guy. But her boyfriend was another guy far away from town.

I have seen a man spending lump sums of money on a girl he claims is his girlfriend until she tells him, "I have a boyfriend." grin

I have seen foolish girls on campus fighting over a guy who belongs to another girl off campus. grin

It is wise before asking a girl out to find out if she is already in relationship.
Even if she agrees to go out with you, beware of the consequences.
I have seen a man shot dead for sleeping with the estranged girlfriend of another man.
It is dangerous to fish in troubled waters.

I have seen a girl pour dangerous acid on another girl for dating her assumed "boyfriend".

Don't waste your life and time on the assumption of a relationship that does not exist.

[size=18pt]A very wise young woman boldly asked a man to come out and say if he wanted to date her or out after he kept on sending her romantic text messages.[/size]
"Are you asking me to go out with you or what?"
The guy who was afraid of her refusing him was beating around the bush and she knew it.
Therefore, PLEASE, avoid and stop beating around the bush if you want to see the girl in the garden.
Be a MAN! Be bold enough to go straight to the point and let her know.
It is either YES or NO.
Don't be scared of rejection.
A rejection is better than an assumption.

It is foolish and not wise to waste your time and money on a relationship that does not exist.
While you are here day dreaming about her even on Nairaland, she is having multiple orgasms with her REAL G(real guy.) grin
I have seen it happen here on Nairaland Romance Board.

Photo Credit: http://jolamble.com/2012/01/27/letting-go-of-a-bad-relationship/girl-drawing-a-heart-shape/

Re: The Assumption Of A Relationship That Does Not Exist by ovalrose(f): 11:37am On Feb 27, 2013
Poster,pls may i have your address? I need 2 send u a crate of beer 2 u 4 this eye opener cheesy. Thumbs up!
Re: The Assumption Of A Relationship That Does Not Exist by Slimzybaby(m): 12:05pm On Feb 27, 2013
hahahahaha.....u are on point bro,abeg help me warn SEXKILLZ to leave my sister alone cos my sister no go marry ALBINO
Re: The Assumption Of A Relationship That Does Not Exist by engrtee(f): 1:27pm On Feb 27, 2013
Slimzy baby: hahahahaha.....u are on point bro,abeg help me warn SEXKILLZ to leave my sister alone cos my sister no go marry ALBINO
serously, is sexkilz na albino
Re: The Assumption Of A Relationship That Does Not Exist by dmcdad: 1:46pm On Feb 27, 2013
ovalrose: Poster,pls may i have your address? I need 2 send u a crate of beer 2 u 4 this eye opener cheesy. Thumbs up!
Are u insinuating you didn't know this before now?

1 Like

Re: The Assumption Of A Relationship That Does Not Exist by dmcdad: 1:46pm On Feb 27, 2013
Nice piece you've got there...
Re: The Assumption Of A Relationship That Does Not Exist by Orikinla(m): 1:55pm On Feb 27, 2013
dmcdad: Nice piece you've got there...
Merci.

Re: The Assumption Of A Relationship That Does Not Exist by Orikinla(m): 1:56pm On Feb 27, 2013
engrtee: serously, is sexkilz na albino
grin
Re: The Assumption Of A Relationship That Does Not Exist by ferhyntorlah(f): 2:39pm On Feb 27, 2013
Orikinla: I have seen even a guy killed over a girl he claimed to be his girlfriend and lost his precious life in a bloody fight with another guy. But her boyfriend was another guy far away from town.

I have seen a man spending lump sums of money on a girl he claims is his girlfriend until she tells him, "I have a boyfriend." grin

I have seen foolish girls on campus fighting over a guy who belongs to another girl off campus. grin

I have seen a man shot dead for sleeping with the estranged girlfriend of another man.

I have seen a girl pour dangerous acid on another girl for dating her assumed "boyfriend".

As it is said, experience is the best teacher. Mr Orikinla, you've seen it all; I doff my hat for you sir!
Re: The Assumption Of A Relationship That Does Not Exist by ferhyntorlah(f): 2:42pm On Feb 27, 2013
engrtee: serously, is sexkilz an albino?

No he isn't. He's just very fair; you know that kind of fairness that make a person resemble an Albino.
Re: The Assumption Of A Relationship That Does Not Exist by Slimzybaby(m): 3:42pm On Feb 27, 2013
ferhyntorlah:

No he isn't. He's just very fair; you know that kind of fairness that make a person resemble an Albino.
shockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshocked
Re: The Assumption Of A Relationship That Does Not Exist by tpia5: 4:01pm On Feb 27, 2013
i do hope these people will listen to their oga since he's saying it loud and clear on this thread.

it is SO annoying when some multiple id crooked fellow who you dont even pay attention to, suddenly jumps up, quotes your posts, spends significant amount of time waiting for you to log into nl, then mistakenly says something like "I was warned to stay away from you" blah blah.

what the heck?

1. I do not spend my time here following you

2. who are you?

3. post links (if any) to where i interacted with you, let me examine them

4. you were warned to stay away, yet you clearly disobeyed that order- did i beg you to quote me or read my post? You dont know the meaning of ignore?

5. who are you?

6. did you take your medication?

7. the ones also who i opened my "caveat emptor" thread for, who in their minds have been in a relationship with me since before time began, hope you are reading from your boss here.

8. the fools who think their own worst fears are shared by everybody else, get help. If they say make una forgo witchcraft, fetish and lunacy and turn to Jesus una go say na mumu dey talk, dey pose say nothing fit touch you. We shall see!!!!!!

9. can anybody here give me a good reason why i should be interested in you instead of my own problem/s! Make I add you join my issues abi? In your dreams!!!!!!

10. i cant control who you decide to waank to, no be me get your keyboard!!!!! The most i can do is pray for you when I'm asking God to touch unknown people!
Re: The Assumption Of A Relationship That Does Not Exist by aaliyaSA(f): 6:51pm On Feb 27, 2013
Mhhmmmm..makes me wonder.
@op....so is there no such thing as an unspoken agreement tht u r together? Does this kind of agreement not exist?
Re: The Assumption Of A Relationship That Does Not Exist by Orikinla(m): 7:00pm On Feb 27, 2013
Lest I forget, there are those who don't assume a relationship, they simply hijack it. grin
Most guys are hijackers of relationships.
Especially Aristos hunting on campuses or buddies who are flatmates.

A girl is coming to see a guy sharing a flat with his buddies and she sooner or later turns her attention on one of his buddies.

"Are you not Temi's girlfriend?"
"Not really. We're just close friends."
"Hmm?"
"Yes."
"But Temi said you are his chick>"
"Just boys talk. You should know now. Or are you a learner?"
"But..."
"I am not Temi's girlfriend!"
"Okay. I just want to be sure before asking you out."
"I am cool with you."
Then before Temi knows what is going on, his buddy is banging the babe he brought home.
His chick has been hijacked. grin

1 Like

Re: The Assumption Of A Relationship That Does Not Exist by Orikinla(m): 7:04pm On Feb 27, 2013
aaliyaSA: Mhhmmmm..makes me wonder.
@op....so is there no such thing as an unspoken agreement tht u r together? Does this kind of agreement not exist?
No.
You had better spell it out before making your claim.

I know such situations are common, but to be sure and secure, don't assume that you are in relationship until you have confirmed it to avoid embarrassment.

(1) (Reply)

Seven(7) Things That Make Ladies To Be More Happy & ... / Ladies, Can You Tell If A Guy Is Still A Virgin? / What A Guy Should Do For A Lady By Genevieve Nnaji

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.