Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,759 members, 7,809,924 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:18 PM

One Of My Less Than 30 Yrs Old Friend Has Just Died! !! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / One Of My Less Than 30 Yrs Old Friend Has Just Died! !! (3034 Views)

4-year-old Child Blinds 5-year-old Friend With Needle / Divorce: He Claimed To Have A Degree In Mass Comm But He Has Just A Sch. Cert. / Whats The Worst Thing A Friend Has Done To You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Of My Less Than 30 Yrs Old Friend Has Just Died! !! by Nobody: 11:36am On Feb 28, 2013
What's going on that people as young 28 years old die of heart attack? I am officially scared and devastated by the sad news.
Heart attack can't you stick to people who have lived part of their lives? Did you have to take this young man who has just graduated? cry
People somebody talk to me! !!
Re: One Of My Less Than 30 Yrs Old Friend Has Just Died! !! by Gloriagee(f): 12:07pm On Feb 28, 2013
I lost an ex classmate too in Jan. So sad! No kids, no hussy! n she's gone. 2 sad angry Re ur friend, r u sure he had an heart attack? How can you be so sure? Take heart all d same.
Re: One Of My Less Than 30 Yrs Old Friend Has Just Died! !! by Moyola(f): 12:26pm On Feb 28, 2013
sad sorry 4 ur loss! may he RIP!

They dat feel eet, know eet embarassed

People come n go buh wen ur luvd one goes itz d hardest eva!#rip sis cry
Re: One Of My Less Than 30 Yrs Old Friend Has Just Died! !! by Nobody: 12:31pm On Feb 28, 2013
Gloriagee: I lost an ex classmate too in Jan. So sad! No kids, no hussy! n she's gone. 2 sad angry Re ur friend, r u sure he had an heart attack? How can you be so sure? Take heart all d same.

Yes heart attack, they try to revive him but he was already gone .I am sorry for your friend too .
Re: One Of My Less Than 30 Yrs Old Friend Has Just Died! !! by Nobody: 12:34pm On Feb 28, 2013
Moyola: sad sorry 4 ur loss! may he RIP!

They dat feel eet, know eet embarassed

People come n go buh wen ur luvd one goes itz d hardest eva!#rip sis cry

Thankyou, it just feels so weird and I can't even understand how and why it happened .sorry fr ur sis that's even worse cry
Re: One Of My Less Than 30 Yrs Old Friend Has Just Died! !! by greatgod2012(f): 12:37pm On Feb 28, 2013
Sorry for your loss, may God give you d fortitude to bear d loss, and as regard d cause, always remember that death must come via any source or cause.
May God help us all.
Re: One Of My Less Than 30 Yrs Old Friend Has Just Died! !! by biolabee(m): 12:46pm On Feb 28, 2013
death is no respecter of persons

Live this life to the best of your ability cos this is the life we know for now
God will sort the rest
Re: One Of My Less Than 30 Yrs Old Friend Has Just Died! !! by Gloriagee(f): 1:05pm On Feb 28, 2013
@kenyattaMoore:

Yes heart attack, they try to revive him but he was already gone .I am sorry for your friend too .

Wow... It makes one realize how vulnerable one is. Heart attack n BP in peeps under 30 typically baffle me, sha. I guess, God's left us alive for a reason. Cheer up.
Re: One Of My Less Than 30 Yrs Old Friend Has Just Died! !! by Nobody: 1:31pm On Feb 28, 2013
Sorry bro,take heart.Youths should please limit the way they consume energy drinks,its not juice.Energy drinks is one of the main causes of heart attack among under 30s.

1 Like

Re: One Of My Less Than 30 Yrs Old Friend Has Just Died! !! by meexteriox(m): 1:31pm On Feb 28, 2013
The deep pain that is felt at the death of every friendly soul arises from the feeling that there is in every individual something which is inexpressible, peculiar to him alone, and is, therefore, absolutely and irretrievably lost.
May the soul of the departed RIP.
Re: One Of My Less Than 30 Yrs Old Friend Has Just Died! !! by Nobody: 3:08pm On Feb 28, 2013
byvan: Sorry bro,take heart.Youths should please limit the way they consume energy drinks,its not juice.Energy drinks is one of the main causes of heart attack among under 30s.

What kind of energy drinks? You mean coca cola?
Re: One Of My Less Than 30 Yrs Old Friend Has Just Died! !! by Nobody: 3:11pm On Feb 28, 2013
@everyone, thankyou very much for your nice words, they make me feel nice in a way .
Re: One Of My Less Than 30 Yrs Old Friend Has Just Died! !! by Nobody: 3:32pm On Feb 28, 2013
Like my friend will say, Churches have not helped, giving people a false sense of immoratlity "it is not my portion" "I cannot be sick", "don't believe the Doctors report", so what we have now is people walking around not knowing or wanting to know how healthy their internal organs are.
We have headache we take panadol. God himself gave us Doctors and Medicine but we refuse to utilise it till its too late.
We go to the hospital only when our conditions have worsened.
Poster sorry about your friend may he rest in peace but if I were you these are the lessons I would pick up
1. Cultivate a habit of routine check ups twice a year, this doesn't mean you don't have faith it means you are backing our faith with works.
2. Blood pressure and blood sugar tests are very important for our generation
3 for women, Routine br3ast and Vag-nal checks for breast and cervican cancer, don't take for granted pains below your abdomen and discharges, almost all diseases are treatable when discovered early
4. Develop healthy habits: pizza, shawarnma, 10 pieces of meat, oil filled soups and assorted drinks are not signs of enjoyment, it is a slow way of destroying your organs, when you get to 27 it will start to show on you. Eat healthy fresh vegetables, fish, fruits and freshly squeezed juices
5. Get some exercise, most people in lagos sit for hours in traffic and get home too tired just eat and sleep, try taking a shower and strech your joints even for 2 minutes.
6. As someone said avoid excessive intake of energy drinks
7. Pray to God for mercy, I added prayer last because prayer alone without all the necessary steps won't work, faith without works is dead

Everyone would die one day but some lives can be saved when we live right and stay in touch with the reality of our body

6 Likes

Re: One Of My Less Than 30 Yrs Old Friend Has Just Died! !! by biolabee(m): 3:48pm On Feb 28, 2013
As usual always on point madam debrief

Some people quest to obtain certificates but never get educated
Now energy drinks cause heart attack

undecided
Re: One Of My Less Than 30 Yrs Old Friend Has Just Died! !! by Nobody: 4:07pm On Feb 28, 2013
biolabee: As usual always on point madam debrief

Some people quest to obtain certificates but never get educated
Now energy drinks cause heart attack

undecided

Why be condescending about something you don't know much about? Yes the poster is wrong in saying energy drinks are the most common cause of heart attack in young people. It is actually rare. However they can possibly trigger heart attacks in people who have an underlying heart problem, f they take excessive amounts of it. Excess caffeine would be the trigger in these cases.

Sorry for your loss OP. Unfortunately early cardiac death is probably one of the most difficult things to prevent unless there was a specific reason to do special tests on the heart. Many of the causes in the young are not detected by routine check ups.

3 Likes

Re: One Of My Less Than 30 Yrs Old Friend Has Just Died! !! by Nobody: 4:11pm On Feb 28, 2013
debrief08,you are so right! !! I need to incorporate medical check up in my lifestyle too. Thankyou!
Re: One Of My Less Than 30 Yrs Old Friend Has Just Died! !! by biolabee(m): 5:20pm On Feb 28, 2013
ileobatojo:

Why be condescending about something you don't know much about? Yes the poster is wrong in saying energy drinks are the most common cause of heart attack in young people. It is actually rare. However they can possibly trigger heart attacks in people who have an underlying heart problems, if they take excessive amounts of it. Excess caffeine would be the trigger in these cases.

Sorry for your loss OP. Unfortunately early cardiac death is probably one of the most difficult things to prevent unless there was a specific reason to do special tests on the heart. Many of the causes in the young are not detected by routine check ups.

condescension
Someone posted sth which is obviously a myth or at best unproven voodoo science and you humor the post
So looking at your post what is your point
You agree the poster is wrong with his or her assertion yet u call me condescending

The point is that there is an underlying condition which may have been undiagnosed or undiscovered and thus why i commended debrief on her post

Calm down..
Re: One Of My Less Than 30 Yrs Old Friend Has Just Died! !! by biolabee(m): 5:24pm On Feb 28, 2013
@kenyattaMoore:
debrief08,you are so right! !! I need to incorporate medical check up in my lifestyle too. Thankyou!

Please do

Under 40 Two or three yearly checkups are recommended
Over 40: Annually

NOT EXHAUSTIVE but i feel these are the key tests

Women: b.reast, BMI, ECG, blood test, blood sugar and cholesterol type (Low/High density), x-ray, eye, ENT, urine and stool analysis
Men: BMI, ECG, blood test, blood sugar and cholesterol type (Low/High density), x-ray, eye, ENT, urine and stool analysis

prostate checks can be done for men above 40
Also Dental checks can be done for holes and build up of bacteria which can damage gums and lead to tooth loss

This way you can manage yourself till you go yonder

Redington used to do this for about 150k about 4 years back
I dont know how much it is now but i am sure there are moderate hospitals that can do this

House, please any ideas of any good place and possible costs
Re: One Of My Less Than 30 Yrs Old Friend Has Just Died! !! by Nobody: 5:28pm On Feb 28, 2013
You go and ask for all those exams or you just ask for a check up and the doctor will know which ones are important?
Re: One Of My Less Than 30 Yrs Old Friend Has Just Died! !! by Nobody: 5:36pm On Feb 28, 2013
@biola you forgot dental check ups too... check this out:-

The Effects of Oral Health on Overall Health

Oral health is not only important to your appearance and sense of well-being, but also to your overall health. Cavities and gum disease may contribute to many serious conditions, including heart disease, diabetes, respiratory diseases, and premature and low weight babies. Untreated cavities can also be painful and lead to serious infections.

Background

Maintaining good oral health includes keeping teeth free from cavities and preventing gum disease. Poor oral health can affect your appearance and self-esteem, and has been linked to sleeping problems, as well as behavioural and developmental problems in children. Poor oral health can also affect your ability to chew and digest food properly.

Good nutrition is important to helping build strong teeth and gums that can resist disease and promote healing.

Smoking is a major risk factor for oral and dental disease, including oral cancer. Tobacco reduces blood flow to the gums; therefore, the gums do not get the oxygen and nutrients needed to stay healthy and prevent bacterial infection.

Oral health needs to be a priority throughout all stages of life, especially since older adults and seniors are keeping their teeth longer than ever before. However, older adults may have less access to oral care services and dentists because of lower incomes and/or a lack of dental insurance.

Besides pain and discomfort, poor oral health can also contribute to a number of serious health issues.

Health Risks Of Poor Oral Health

Gum disease is an inflammation of the gums, which may also affect the bone supporting the teeth. Plaque is a sticky colourless film of bacteria that constantly builds up, thickens and hardens on the teeth. If it is not removed by daily brushing and flossing, this plaque can harden into tartar and contribute to infections in the gums.

Left untreated, gum disease can lead to the loss of teeth and an increased risk of more serious diseases, including heart disease and stroke. The bacteria in plaque can travel from the mouth into the bloodstream, and has been linked to the clogging of arteries and damage to heart valves. The same bacteria can also travel to the lungs, causing infection or aggravating existing lung conditions.

There is also a link between diabetes and gum disease. People with diabetes are more susceptible to gum disease, and it can put them at greater risk of diabetic complications.

Oral health is also extremely important for pregnant women. Studies show that pregnant women with gum disease are at higher risk of delivering pre-term, low birth weight babies than women without gum disease. This is a concern because such babies are already at increased risk of many ailments, including developmental complications, asthma, ear infections, congenital abnormalities and behavioural difficulties, such as attention deficit disorder. They also have a higher risk of infant death.

Minimizing Your Risk

To maintain good oral health, you should take the following steps:

-- Brush and floss your teeth daily.

-- Visit your dental professional regularly to have your mouth examined. See your dental professional immediately if you notice any problems.

-- Eat a healthy diet according to Canada's Food Guide to Healthy Eating.

-- Do not smoke. If you do smoke, make sure to visit your dental professional regularly.

-- If you are pregnant, be sure to eat healthy foods and maintain good oral health.

-- Brush your children's teeth for them, until they have the dexterity to write their own name (not print).

They should then be able to brush their own teeth with your guidance.

You're welcome. grin
Re: One Of My Less Than 30 Yrs Old Friend Has Just Died! !! by Nobody: 5:45pm On Feb 28, 2013
biolabee:

condescension
Someone posted sth which is obviously a myth or at best unproven voodoo science and you humor the post
So looking at your post what is your point
You agree the poster is wrong with his or her assertion yet u call me condescending

The point is that there is an underlying condition which may have been undiagnosed or undiscovered and thus why i commended debrief on her post

Calm down..

That is not voodoo science so please calm down and stop being defensive. Instead of questioning the posters education level and looking down on her you could have given the full picture. If you looked at my post and can't see my point then there is a problem. So if I'm to understand what you are trying to say now, you would advice people with underlying heart issues to chug large volumes of energy drinks? If no, then you understand my point perfectly.

There is a difference in me correcting the wrong notions with accurate information and your condescension towards the poster.
Re: One Of My Less Than 30 Yrs Old Friend Has Just Died! !! by biolabee(m): 5:58pm On Feb 28, 2013
@kenyattaMoore:
You go and ask for all those exams or you just ask for a check up and the doctor will know which ones are important?

Typically you ask for a comprehensive medical test and ask for a list of tests that will be done

Typically you will be told not be eat before you come and it runs for about 3-4 hours
What some other clinics will have is a standard test then you pay for some more as you deem fit

A friend of mine years go was saved because he just did an improptu x ray
He complained of shortness of breath and pain in his side. The dr recommended an x ray which saved his life
He had fluif filling his lungs. he was wheeled for an operation rightaway

A lot of people are dead men walking because they have no idea of their health conditions or even preconditions which could be triggered by anything

Jidegirl.. thanks for the dental care..modified accordingly

Ileobatojo ...ok ive heard lets not derail the thread
You were around when people spouted stuff that goldies died from dvt
people just hear things and just jump in feet first
An education is meant to provide the ability first to think for oneself and not to just spray half truths and yes voodoo science
The effects of caffeine can be detrimental to a weak heart (but in what qty) what of strenous physical exercise

1 Like

Re: One Of My Less Than 30 Yrs Old Friend Has Just Died! !! by Nobody: 6:07pm On Feb 28, 2013
biolabee:

Ileobatojo ...ok ive heard lets not derail the thread
You were around when people spouted stuff that goldies died from dvt
people just hear things and just jump in feet first
An education is meant to provide the ability first to think for oneself and not to just spray half truths and yes voodoo science
The effects of caffeine can be detrimental to a weak heart (but in what qty) what of strenous physical exercise

I know nothing about the Goldie thread you are talking about.

So to understand you, every person with any type of education knows all details about medical science right? That's news to me. I have seen people spew completely stupid and ignorant statements that can be figured out with common sense but this is not anywhere close to it since there is some validity to her statement.

Anything that increases heart rate significantly can cause heart events in people with underlying problems, that's what caffeine toxicity could do and that's what strenuous exercise would do too.
Re: One Of My Less Than 30 Yrs Old Friend Has Just Died! !! by biolabee(m): 6:20pm On Feb 28, 2013
ileobatojo:

I know nothing about the Goldie thread you are talking about.

So to understand you, every person with any type of education knows all details about medical science right? That's news to me. I have seen people spew completely stupid and ignorant statements that can be figured out with common sense but this is not anywhere close to it since there is some validity to her statement.

Anything that increases heart rate significantly can cause heart events in people with underlying problems, that's what caffeine toxicity could do and that's what strenuous exercise would do too.

I said anyone with an educations should be able to analyse information at his or her disposal to arrive at a reasonable conclusion.

On the dear departed Goldie someone brought up an idea she may have died from deep vein thrombosis and people just jumped on the band wagon.

On the point of energy drinks (which we all know contains caffeine n taurine) it is preposterous for anyone to just make a claim that it causes heart attacks and for anyone to swallow that hook line and sinker.

He should have analysed the facts and determined potential links and scenerios.

I don't know everything and neither do I claim to but I test all assertions logically before I accept them.

Our leaders are in the House debating on a law to ban energy drinks because it causes liver problems and heart diseases.

On which study?

Ileoba calm down let's not derail the thread

HOUSE, please do you know of any reliable place where one can do a cost effective comprehensive medical checkup
Re: One Of My Less Than 30 Yrs Old Friend Has Just Died! !! by Nobody: 7:08pm On Feb 28, 2013
biolabee:

On the point of energy drinks (which we all know contains caffeine n taurine) it is preposterous for anyone to just make a claim that it causes heart attacks and for anyone to swallow that hook line and sinker.

He should have analysed the facts and determined potential links and scenerios.

I don't know everything and neither do I claim to but I test all assertions logically before I accept them.

Our leaders are in the House debating on a law to ban energy drinks because it causes liver problems and heart diseases.

On which study?

Ileoba calm down let's not derail the thread

Interesting. So a lay person is supposed to be ble to analyze all the possible chemicals in energy drinks and figure out the science of how they could affect the heart? There have been several reports of people having heart attacks after energy drinks but I am now to believe this person is an uneducated ignoramus for not understanding the pathophysiology? Unless you are tying to say it is an impossibility for it to trigger a heart attack.

Get a grip and stop being defensive. As long as you won't go prescribing large amounts of energy drinks to people with underlying heart conditions then you are giving some validation to that posters point and arguing against yourself.
Re: One Of My Less Than 30 Yrs Old Friend Has Just Died! !! by biolabee(m): 8:25pm On Feb 28, 2013
ileobatojo:

Interesting. So a lay person is supposed to be ble to analyze all the possible chemicals in energy drinks and figure out the science of how they could affect the heart? There have been several reports of people having heart attacks after energy drinks but I am now to believe this person is an uneducated ignoramus for not understanding the pathophysiology? Unless you are tying to say it is an impossibility for it to trigger a heart attack.

Get a grip and stop being defensive. As long as you won't go prescribing large amounts of energy drinks to people with underlying heart conditions then you are giving some validation to that posters point and arguing against yourself.

ok tx
Re: One Of My Less Than 30 Yrs Old Friend Has Just Died! !! by biolabee(m): 8:31pm On Feb 28, 2013
just to point out people shd try n do medical check ups regularly
Re: One Of My Less Than 30 Yrs Old Friend Has Just Died! !! by Nobody: 8:32pm On Feb 28, 2013
biolabee:

ok tx

My pleasure.
Re: One Of My Less Than 30 Yrs Old Friend Has Just Died! !! by Nobody: 11:56pm On Feb 28, 2013
biolabee:

Jidegirl.. thanks for the dental care..modified accordingly

wink..... do you have to^^^? angry
Re: One Of My Less Than 30 Yrs Old Friend Has Just Died! !! by Nobody: 1:45am On Mar 01, 2013
debrief08: Like my friend will say, Churches have not helped, giving people a false sense of immoratlity "it is not my portion" "I cannot be sick", "don't believe the Doctors report", so what we have now is people walking around not knowing or wanting to know how healthy their internal organs are.
We have headache we take panadol. God himself gave us Doctors and Medicine but we refuse to utilise it till its too late.
We go to the hospital only when our conditions have worsened.
Poster sorry about your friend may he rest in peace but if I were you these are the lessons I would pick up
1. Cultivate a habit of routine check ups twice a year, this doesn't mean you don't have faith it means you are backing our faith with works.
2. Blood pressure and blood sugar tests are very important for our generation
3 for women, Routine br3ast and Vag-nal checks for breast and cervican cancer, don't take for granted pains below your abdomen and discharges, almost all diseases are treatable when discovered early
4. Develop healthy habits: pizza, shawarnma, 10 pieces of meat, oil filled soups and assorted drinks are not signs of enjoyment, it is a slow way of destroying your organs, when you get to 27 it will start to show on you. Eat healthy fresh vegetables, fish, fruits and freshly squeezed juices
5. Get some exercise, most people in lagos sit for hours in traffic and get home too tired just eat and sleep, try taking a shower and strech your joints even for 2 minutes.
6. As someone said avoid excessive intake of energy drinks
7. Pray to God for mercy, I added prayer last because prayer alone without all the necessary steps won't work, faith without works is dead

Everyone would die one day but some lives can be saved when we live right and stay in touch with the reality of our body

Madam debrief, i politely disagree with the bolded above. I don't think the issue is about churches, i think it's about ourselves, our culture, our mentality. Even the muslims that I don't think they say such things to in their mosques or traditional worshippers or atheists, i don't think a majority of them still follow all those things you wrote above(i mean our niger pple oo). It's just because we're not brought up to go to the doctors and do check-ups or be squeezing juices when we can always get coke and fanta around etc. How many people have even eaten belle-ful, before they would now remember to go and spend the remaining on check-ups. I agree that we should try and take precautions but the fact that we're not taking the precautions is not the fault of the pastors (at least, not entirely).

Besides, check-up or no check-up, life is in God's hands, the white pple that do check-up almost every minute, na for their side all dem bad bad diseases full the most. But it's good to be cautious.

MAY GOD HELP US ALL! grin grin
Re: One Of My Less Than 30 Yrs Old Friend Has Just Died! !! by Nobody: 4:40am On Mar 01, 2013
Unfortunately death knows no age. cry

Sorry for the sad news.

1 Like

Re: One Of My Less Than 30 Yrs Old Friend Has Just Died! !! by Nobody: 5:57am On Mar 01, 2013
Aluta its not about white or black, if you don't sacrifice money to at least check your bp and sugar level you will spend ten times of that if something goes wrong that's pennt wise pound foolish.
Money spent on health is not money down thw drain its money well spent.
Oyibos disease you know about because they check, here people fall and die we say it was witchcraft, mysterious or lack of prayer.
It is not lack of money that makes people refuse to check up I have lost affluent collegues who can spend 20million on a car yet refuse to sped 1500 on blood pressure test and died from heart failure young people.
If you want an easy lazy life you will get an easy lazy death as you make your body an easy target for all sorts.
Everyone will die yes we know but as I said in the first article some deaths are very preventable

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Want To Marry Her But She Is Too... / Why Do Some Guys Deny Pregnancy? / How My Wife Ruined Me And Took Me From Riches To Rags

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.