Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,128 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

Predominantly Atheist Countries Have Lowest Crime Rate According To Study - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Predominantly Atheist Countries Have Lowest Crime Rate According To Study (98241 Views)

Migrants: Leaving Islamic Middle East For Predominantly Christian Europe. / Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist / Why The Rise In Crime Rate Just Before Christmas ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Predominantly Atheist Countries Have Lowest Crime Rate According To Study by janesamuel(m): 12:33pm On Feb 12, 2018
Interesting. I just
Re: Predominantly Atheist Countries Have Lowest Crime Rate According To Study by farrukhnawaz: 6:43pm On Mar 27, 2019
First, Shintoism is not a custodial religion. It is more of a philosophical system with symbolic rituals.
Shintoism does not acknowledge the existence of a custodial deity. It is more of a codification of cultural practices from Japanese antiquity.
So, Japanese are bona fide atheists.

As for teen pregnancy in the Uk, a simple statistical analysis shows that most cases of teen pregnancy are among black British teens, notably of Carribean descent. The mains reasons being economic deprivation , as well as religious and cultural factors.
The highest levels of births outside marriage in the Uk, more than 60 per cent, were among Black British mothers.

So, here again, religion and economic status confirm the op's theme.
free article spinner
Re: Predominantly Atheist Countries Have Lowest Crime Rate According To Study by MartinBic: 5:23pm On Apr 15, 2019
What were Christian principles?

The funny thing is that most of the European countries have evolved beyond the so-called Christian principles, and have since moved on.. and that is why they are examplary today.

1 Like

Re: Predominantly Atheist Countries Have Lowest Crime Rate According To Study by patrickturner: 11:38am On May 01, 2019
johndsm:
I'll go with the people out here. You made some interesting points. - By latest movie hd apk android app. jailbreak firestick The discussion is getting enthralling just like a movie or tv show. Hope everything is going to be good.

What you share here?
Re: Predominantly Atheist Countries Have Lowest Crime Rate According To Study by ajahexcel(m): 5:10pm On May 07, 2019
Its understandable because these guys are so much educated that they know that each is god to himself as so need to harm one another
Re: Predominantly Atheist Countries Have Lowest Crime Rate According To Study by budaatum: 9:36pm On May 07, 2019
bawomolo:

so where bejamin franklin, monroe, thomas jefferson etc devout christians??
I don't think the people you listed founded America. They weren't exactly the first Europeans to settle there. But that aside. Most atheist nations (those with Christianity in their foundation at least), tend to abandon religion once it's finished serving it's purpose of educating the masses. That's why the only way to ensure religion prevails is by making sure people remain ignorant by placing a cherubim and a flaming sword flashing back and forth to guard the way to [url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis+3%3A24&version=NIV]proper education that prolongs life[/url]! If we don't educate them they will believe because they have not developed the more superior ability of knowing and can therefore be more easily exploited. You'd find those nations mentioned have secular education systems, as in education that religion has been cleaned out of. Not only have they gouged on fruits of knowledge, but they have torn away the cherubim with its flaming sword flashing back and eaten of the fruit of the tree of life. You can check this from their average life expectancies which is likely longer the less religious the nation is.

I can only thank God that we have Nairaland University. Oxford and Cambridge Universities too started like the talk shop here is so there is much hope for us.
Re: Predominantly Atheist Countries Have Lowest Crime Rate According To Study by OpenYourEyes1: 5:55am On May 08, 2019
budaatum:

I don't think the people you listed founded America. They weren't exactly the first Europeans to settle there. But that aside. Most atheist nations (those with Christianity in their foundation at least), tend to abandon religion once it's finished serving it's purpose of educating the masses. That's why the only way to ensure religion prevails is by making sure people remain ignorant by placing a cherubim and a flaming sword flashing back and forth to guard the way to [url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis+3%3A24&version=NIV]proper education that prolongs life[/url]! If we don't educate them they will believe because they have not developed the more superior ability of knowing and can therefore be more easily exploited. You'd find those nations mentioned have secular education systems, as in education that religion has been cleaned out of. Not only have they gouged on fruits of knowledge, but they have torn away the cherubim with its flaming sword flashing back and eaten of the fruit of the tree of life. You can check this from their average life expectancies which is likely longer the less religious the nation is.

I can only thank God that we have Nairaland University. Oxford and Cambridge Universities too started like the talk shop here is so there is much hope for us.

Give me the list of those atheist European nations.
Re: Predominantly Atheist Countries Have Lowest Crime Rate According To Study by OpenYourEyes1: 6:03am On May 08, 2019
farrukhnawaz:
First, Shintoism is not a custodial religion. It is more of a philosophical system with symbolic rituals.
Shintoism does not acknowledge the existence of a custodial deity. It is more of a codification of cultural practices from Japanese antiquity.
So, Japanese are bona fide atheists.

[/url]

Shintoism is like typical ancient African religions - Pure Paganism!
Re: Predominantly Atheist Countries Have Lowest Crime Rate According To Study by budaatum: 6:12am On May 08, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

Give me the list of those atheist European nations.
I'm sure I've told you to do your own research Eyes1. Closed eyed people don't exactly get as much of my time as you want.
Re: Predominantly Atheist Countries Have Lowest Crime Rate According To Study by OpenYourEyes1: 6:23am On May 08, 2019
budaatum:

I'm sure I've told you to do your own research Eyes1. Closed eyed people don't exactly get as much of my time as you want.

Europeans are 70% to 80% Christians. The only pure atheist nation i can think of is North Korea. Its advanced Southern neighbor (South Korea) is religious.
Re: Predominantly Atheist Countries Have Lowest Crime Rate According To Study by budaatum: 6:54am On May 08, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

Europeans are 70% to 80% Christians. The only pure atheist nation i can think of is North Korea. Its advanced Southern neighbor (South Korea) is religious.
You tried. I commend your effort. It really would depend on the survey you look at to be honest. In UK you'd find most are not Christians. Mention God and you'd be looked at funny by the majority. Churches are being sold off because they can't get the tithes to run them and the last thing many do is read their Bible. Even Church schools are not allowed to preach to their students and must stick to the curriculum, which, as far as religion goes means teaching about all known religions. You'd find 26 Bishops in the House of Lords however, and our monarch is the Defender of the Faith, though the future king plans to be the Defender of Faiths.

No nation is an atheist nation. The government may claim secularism, as in, keeping religion out of governance and the public sphere, but even in NK you'd find people worship one thing or the other. There is a difference between a secular nation and an atheist nation. Let me know what you make of the following.

Most Britons support key secularist principles, says Pew research
Re: Predominantly Atheist Countries Have Lowest Crime Rate According To Study by OpenYourEyes1: 7:11am On May 08, 2019
budaatum:

You tried. I commend your effort. It really would depend on the survey you look at to be honest. In UK you'd find most are not Christians. Mention God and you'd be looked at funny by the majority. Churches are being sold off because they can't get the tithes to run them and the last thing many do is read their Bible. Even Church schools are not allowed to preach to their students and must stick to the curriculum, which, as far as religion goes means teaching about all known religions. You'd find 26 Bishops in the House of Lords however, and our monarch is the Defender of the Faith, though the future king plans to be the Defender of Faiths.

No nation is an atheist nation. The government may claim secularism, as in, keeping religion out of governance and the public sphere, but even in NK you'd find people worship one thing or the other. There is a difference between a secular nation and an atheist nation. Let me know what you make of the following.

Check this out:

Religion in UK
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_the_United_Kingdom

Religion in North Korea
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_North_Korea

Excerpt:
There are no known official statistics of religions in North Korea. Officially, North Korea is an atheist state. Based on estimates from the late 1990s and the 2000s, North Korea is mostly irreligious, with the main religions being Korean shamanism and Chondoism. There are small communities of Buddhists and Christians.
Re: Predominantly Atheist Countries Have Lowest Crime Rate According To Study by OpenYourEyes1: 7:13am On May 08, 2019
budaatum:

What exactly do you believe in my friend?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Predominantly Atheist Countries Have Lowest Crime Rate According To Study by budaatum: 7:25am On May 08, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

What exactly do you believe in my friend?
Lol, OpenYourEyes1! I don't do believing, to be exact. I rather seek to know instead. I am currently a theist though, very in love with my Bible.
Re: Predominantly Atheist Countries Have Lowest Crime Rate According To Study by budaatum: 7:43am On May 08, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

Check this out:

Religion in UK
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_the_United_Kingdom

Religion in North Korea
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_North_Korea

Excerpt:
There are no known official statistics of religions in North Korea. Officially, North Korea is an atheist state. Based on estimates from the late 1990s and the 2000s, North Korea is mostly irreligious, with the main religions being Korean shamanism and Chondoism. There are small communities of Buddhists and Christians.
I already did. North Korea oppresses religion so many would not own up to having one if asked, apart from Cheondoism, which literally means "Religion of the Heavenly Way", a 20th-century Korean religious ideology, based on the 19th-century Donghak religious movement founded by Ch'oe Che-u and codified under Son Pyŏng-Hi. Seems they do have a religion after all.

UK has a "relatively large number of individuals with nominal or no religious affiliations, which has led commentators to variously describe the United Kingdom as a multi-faith and secularised society."

Note that last phrase, "multi-faith and secularised society". The nominals count as religious but it might mean they never worship or step in a church except for weddings and funerals. I can tell you though that everytime I go out and see the lining on the roads it seems like a Bible to me. People, relatively, obey the law and love their neighbours a lot like Christianity is woven into their dna. UK is a secular nation and definitely not an atheist nation.
Re: Predominantly Atheist Countries Have Lowest Crime Rate According To Study by DwightBayle: 12:07pm On Oct 02, 2019
They are not being contrasted with a common American resident with much lower crime rates.

auto-posting
Re: Predominantly Atheist Countries Have Lowest Crime Rate According To Study by SFMJ: 2:49pm On Nov 04, 2019
Religion can be used for good and bad - the important thing for me is respecting each other and our differences.
Luottokortti
Re: Predominantly Atheist Countries Have Lowest Crime Rate According To Study by preeti123: 8:55am On Apr 18, 2020
Thanks for letting me share my views here. As a PHP Developer would like to share my site
PHP Development Company
Web Design Qatar
Re: Predominantly Atheist Countries Have Lowest Crime Rate According To Study by mgowsiya: 7:12am On Dec 07, 2020
I have interestingly did my work here on this website and I'm sure that I have done it well & good. would you want to see here

(1) (2) (Reply)

21 Signs You Have Mammi Water {water Spirit} / Prophetess Success Oni Onwueze Poisoned To Death By Her Pastors (obituary) / Phillip Frimpong: Carissa Sharon Oyakhilome's Husband-To-Be (Photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.