Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,673 members, 7,813,243 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:23 AM

Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing (42163 Views)

Cv Writing! - Emphasis / Step-by-Step CV Writing for Entry Level (samples included) / Please Help Review this Cover Letter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by Japlon(m): 8:31am On Mar 27, 2013
Do you know that you can earn greatly over the internet legitimately ?

I'm really baffled with the rate at which people hunt for White collar jobs when you can earn legitimately through the internet either from your mobile or from your PC.

An interesting thing about this is that you earn directly into your Bank account. No hassle No stress.

Take time to hover through the internet on money making secrets or simply contact me for more details. 08064259608.

Wishing you Success in your job hunt programme.
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by hardychris(m): 8:52am On Mar 27, 2013
adewasco2k:

All what i have to say is:

1. remove the address
2. The way it was started is also not cool, you should may be state where you saw the opening then
3. You have to state which position you are applying for
4. You have to be more specific cover letter should be designed specifically for each position you are applying for.
4.1 if you are applying for a position of a web developer, be specific on that stating the programing languages you are proficient with and state websites you have managed and so on...you really need to focus on the position.

Such a resume can only may be work for an entry/trainee position.
bros  hv d same issue with ehimax pls help send it to my box pls ⌣»̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊п̥̥̲̣̣̣kƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̭̌«̶⌣ soo much to U̶̲̥̅̊ all. christopherchibuike43@yahoo.com
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by Gloria16: 9:35am On Mar 27, 2013
Pls assalamat can u send a sample of a cv & cover letter 2 my mail? anzaku.gloria@yahoo.com. Tnx alot
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by fitzmayowa: 9:51am On Mar 27, 2013
*following* nice thread

1 Like

Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by Sleekbaby(f): 10:21am On Mar 27, 2013
globechamp:

Every email is acceptable, but some emails give a better impression of you than others. namesurname@gmail.com for example is better.

Tnx dear, i appreciate
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by BossLadyDiana(f): 10:53am On Mar 27, 2013
assalaamat: I've sent it already,check ur mail right away!!!

Pls kindly foward same to my mail box dayana.eseka@gmail.com
dayana.eseka@yahoo.com
God bless you.
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by Walexz02(m): 12:05pm On Mar 27, 2013
BossLadyDiana:

Pls kindly foward same to my mail box dayana.eseka@gmail.com
dayana.eseka@yahoo.com
God bless you.
Please kindly forward to my mail too if u have recieved urs. Walexz.ibrahahim3@gmail.com
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by kennystbrown(m): 1:41pm On Mar 27, 2013
Please i really need it too broda.....dis mine Email;kennygg95@yahoo.com,‎​♡̬̩̃̊.ƭћªΩќs♡̬̩̃̊ 1 love keep us together
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by honestivo(m): 2:04pm On Mar 27, 2013
Pls cn any one in d house send me a cv and a cover letter dat I cn take example frm 2 make myn pls tnkx my email aleegeprincewillsuanu@yahoo.com
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by honestivo(m): 2:08pm On Mar 27, 2013
assalaamat: check ur mail right away bro!
pls asaaalamat cn also help send 2 myn tnkx aleegeprincewillsuanu@yahoo.com
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by Donlexino(m): 3:19pm On Mar 27, 2013
Plz @ asalaamat and any other gud fellow in da house shd help me send a gud cv format nd a gd example of a cover letter 2 enable me edit mine...thanx 4 ur anticipatd help...
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by Donlexino(m): 3:25pm On Mar 27, 2013
Plz smbdy shld help me forward d cv and cover letter 2 dis email hennyrichy2@yahoo.com...
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by Exams2: 5:09pm On Mar 27, 2013
I hightly appreciate all efforts made by the contributors on this thread. Now this is an opportunity i musn't miss out, pleaase assalaamat and others, send it to my email: Aliyyor@yahoo.com
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by govou(m): 6:34pm On Mar 27, 2013
assalaamat]You have to follow the same procedure,whether the company is recruiting or not,you have to state the position you can handle effectively in the cover letter,e.g if you read accounting state it in the letter that,you can handle storekeeping,stocktaking,accounting records and other cash-related posts,e.t.c.Goodluck bro.[/quote]
assalaamat: You have to follow the same procedure,whether the company is recruiting or not,you have to state the position you can handle effectively in the cover letter,e.g if you read accounting state it in the letter that,you can handle storekeeping,stocktaking,accounting records and other cash-related posts,e.t.c.Goodluck bro.
[quote author=assalaamat]You have to follow the same procedure,whether the company is recruiting or not,you have to state the position you can handle effectively in the cover letter,e.g if you read accounting state it in the letter that,you can handle storekeeping,stocktaking,accounting records and other cash-related posts,e.t.c.Goodluck bro. Pls guy can u help me with a cover page n Cv, pls her is my mail- hope4richie@gmail.com
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by MANOSUB(m): 6:41pm On Mar 27, 2013
Ehimax: I will appreciate if someone here can forward he/her ready made cv so I can edit it 2 suit my profile my email is ehisucreymcb@yahoo.com.thank you
You are not serious, you want someone's names, email add & phone number to post on a public website!
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by Najwal: 7:37pm On Mar 27, 2013
@assalaamat and others dat v contributed to d growth of dis thread plz i wld appreciate it also if u can send me a copy of ur cv n cover letter to my mail box jamilabadamasi@yahoo.com so i can modify mine too, though i ll b going 4 service by june hopefully bt i want 2 start getting prepared. Plz ur response is vry important. Thanks.
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by brighter: 10:12pm On Mar 27, 2013
asaalamat God bless u for dis contribution to the thread, u'll soon get d testimony from ur good job. Pls send a sample cv to my e-mail gozykynkyonline@yahoo.com, I'll appreciate.

Thank You
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by elOnuh(m): 11:03pm On Mar 27, 2013
assalaamat u v indeed don nobble and God most surely reward ur effort. Pls pls pls i wl need a cover letter and a cv to make up mine. My add.is : noskinpain@gmail.com
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by gigy(f): 11:26pm On Mar 27, 2013
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by govou(m): 5:56am On Mar 28, 2013
This is like the third time am askin any one with a format of a cover page and a well structured Cv un pls forward 2 my mail- hope4richie@gmail.com
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by Ehimax(m): 7:21am On Mar 28, 2013
MANOSUB:
You are not serious, you want someone's names, email add & phone number to post on a public website!

Are u dum I droped my email add or is my mail a public website?
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by Trailblazer1(m): 10:02am On Mar 28, 2013
I really appreciate all your efforts in response to many who requested for a copy of your cover letter sent to their mails. pls i would be glad and grateful if you would also forward the same to my mail. charly_4real@yahoo.com
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by kennystbrown(m): 10:29am On Mar 28, 2013
I really appreciate all your efforts in response to many who requested for a copy of your cover letter sent to their mails. pls i would be glad and grateful if any1 I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ †ђξ house would also forward the same to my mail.kennygg95@yahoo.com.‎​♡̬̩̃̊.ƭћªΩќs♡̬̩̃̊
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by haykayneyo: 11:11am On Mar 28, 2013
globechamp: Sex, tribe, local government

Use of sex, tribe and local government/state of origin are not in anyway relevant on the cv anymore, unless you are applying for government vacancies. If you are really proud of your tribe, you could include it as additional information that you can speak fluently yoruba, igbo, hausa, efik, fulani etc (this could be a plus if you are applying for customer service jobs. I was once informed by a friend who works with one of the telecoms firms when they were looking for someone who could speak chinese. by the ways, a friend of mine that studied YORUBA in the university got a customer service job in one of the biggest nigerian banks).

Except it is otherwise stated, leave sex, tribe, local govt/state of origin out of your cv and save that space for more weightier information that will sell you to the recruiter as the best candidate...

Cheers and all the best

I really like this topic, pls can you send me a copy of standard CV and a cover letter to my email: akinwalehaykay@gmail.com thanks alot
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by jaidor: 3:20pm On Mar 28, 2013
greetings to you'll......felt so happy when stumbled on this thread. I've jst been informed to forward my CV and a letter of application to a company as soon as I can.....buh the issue I don't really know how best to come about both...as in the format necessary informations I need include cos i am jst a neophyte ...., so I urging any one that can assit me with his or hers probably the ones that got you ur Job (for the proletarians) or that gets you the best responses so I can edit and make it suite mine.
my email is direct2jaidor@gmail.com

your response(s) is highly anticipated.
Thanks
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by Achuamaokwa(m): 4:34pm On Mar 28, 2013
was overwhelmed by d thread, God will continue to bless each & every1 of us & we ll surely get our desired job in no distance time. Pls i will appreciate if some1 can just send me a copy of good cv & covel letter. Thanks so much. Pls pple dt have gotten from our gurus assalamat & adewascu can also forward to me. Thanks & God bless. My eamil is = meziengene@yahoo.com
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by adim2(m): 10:36pm On Mar 28, 2013
I will see if i can forward some cv from the ones they forward to me.
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by dljbd1(m): 11:38pm On Mar 28, 2013
I also need some samples.
dl_jbd@yahoo.com
thnx in advance
adim2: I will see if i can forward some cv from the ones they forward to me.
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by globechamp: 7:48am On Mar 29, 2013
Kindergaten/Creche, Nursery School,Primary School, Secondary School

Is it possible to go through Tertiary institution without nursery, primary and most importantly secondary education?
Stating your university/polytechnic/college of education is most times a great indication that you went to secondary school.

Unless your secondary school has a heavy weight (e.g. like Loyola, Kings College, Queens College etc) which you are likely trying to explore to connect to the recruiter(possibly that's his or her alma mater), having creche, nursery, primary and secondary school you attended is not exactly useful on your cv. These are some of the items that make some applicants' CV almost 4 pages, thinking the longer the better (the longer may be better if you are applying to academic institutions though).

Once again, all the best in your job search.

Happy easter celebration.
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by donigspain(m): 10:17am On Mar 29, 2013
@globechamp, assalaamat et al...
I appreciate the effort of all that have contributed on this thread.
Thank you all once again.
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by mrczar(m): 10:59am On Mar 29, 2013
Plz can any one help me wif a copy of  cv. God bless
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by Comrade381(m): 4:15pm On Mar 29, 2013
@assalama pls help me wt d sample of cv so as to modify my own. my e-mail is ige2003@yahoo.com

thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Heritage Bank CV Submission October 2014 / Costly Mistakes I Discovered in 250 CVs: Why They Were Not Invited 4 Interviews / Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.