Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,128 members, 7,821,864 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

Why The North Is Not Responding To Charlie Hebdo Cartoons - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why The North Is Not Responding To Charlie Hebdo Cartoons (8538 Views)

Presidency: The North Is Unstoppable Till 2023 — Yerima / ''The North Is A Poverty Trap'' - Shettima / The North Is Not Ready For The Truth - Sheikh Ahmed Gumi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why The North Is Not Responding To Charlie Hebdo Cartoons by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jan 18, 2015
I have worked in Niger for close to 4months on secondment. The country is highly tolerant given that it is 99.9% Muslim. So it came to a shock to me that such secular riots could ever rear up given that the country had never witness such ever in it's existence.

So when I saw news of riots in this relatively moderate muslim state to the north I felt somehow confused because the riots were supposed to go on further south in places like Kano, Bauchi and Zaria in Nigeria and not Zinder or Niamey in Niger Rep.

I pondered over this anamoly and it wasn't up to a minute before I knew the true reason our fellow moslem citizens had not gone on riots.

Simply because they don't want to have Buhari condemn the riots openly.

I say "they" not to mean the angry mob but those behind the mob, those agent provocateurs who happen to be those in position of authority and leadership in the north!

It is time to woo the dunces in the south and any secular riots in the north could easily swing southern votes away from Buhari.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The North Is Not Responding To Charlie Hebdo Cartoons by DickDastardly(m): 12:30pm On Jan 18, 2015
Good thinking! The Carbage brains will only play their private lives into the hands of the futajarlon invaders and not Nigeria's seat of power. Enough of dragging everybody back with their eagerness and lust for blind and crass illiteracy and backwardness.
cool cool

The North is the only place that need "CHANGE" in Nigeria!
Sai Buhari for North East!

29 Likes

Re: Why The North Is Not Responding To Charlie Hebdo Cartoons by iamodenigbo1(m): 12:36pm On Jan 18, 2015
BackDatAssUp:
I have worked in Niger for close to 4months on secondment. The country is highly tolerant given that it is 99.9% Muslim. So it came to a shock to me that such secular riots could ever rear up given that the country had never witness such ever in it's existence.

So when I saw news of riots in this relatively moderate muslim state to the north I felt somehow confused because the riots were supposed to go on further south in places like Kano, Bauchi and Zaria in Nigeria and not Zinder or Niamey in Niger Rep.

I pondered over this anamoly and it wasn't up to a minute before I knew the true reason our fellow moslem citizens had not gone on riots.

Simply because they don't want to have Buhari condemn the riots openly.

I say "they" not to mean the angry mob but those behind the mob, those agent provocateurs who happen to be those in position of authority and leadership in the north!

It is time to woo the dunces in the south and any secular riots in the north could easily swing southern votes away from Buhari.
you have high IQ

22 Likes

Re: Why The North Is Not Responding To Charlie Hebdo Cartoons by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jan 18, 2015
TRUE AND REALISTIC.

#DON'TVOTEBUHARI

#JIMIMYMAN4LAGOS
#GEJMYVAL2015

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why The North Is Not Responding To Charlie Hebdo Cartoons by Ideyontop: 1:13pm On Jan 18, 2015
If they can control it and have influence to stop such,why haven't they stopped the killings of innocent lives in the past? Just wondering? What do they gain by killing other people? Just wondering!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The North Is Not Responding To Charlie Hebdo Cartoons by emiye(m): 1:19pm On Jan 18, 2015
@op, since you villify the north this much, are you implying only the south can now govern the country?

6 Likes

Re: Why The North Is Not Responding To Charlie Hebdo Cartoons by Ikwokrikwo: 1:25pm On Jan 18, 2015
Bro I started a thread on this topic 2 days ago but it was deleted.
Trust me, it isn't about Buhari or elections, it is about boko haram.
It is either those who usually carry out these riots are busy in Sambisa and other BH camps, or northerners have seen so much blood via boko haram that they have finally realised that violence and extremism doesn't pay!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The North Is Not Responding To Charlie Hebdo Cartoons by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jan 18, 2015
emiye:
@op, since you villify the north this much, are you implying only the south can now govern the country?

Can you tell me why in an election year, with a candidate whose antecedents are pro-sharia the north remained calm?

Northern Nigeria has rioted for less.

This is to educate you that the northern political class are ochestrators of civil unrest.

Sanusi Lamido was imprisoned by Abacha for being one of the architects of secular riots which were meant to prompt Abach to dethrone the late Emir Ado Bayero and install him to the coveted position.

Think!

This is not about who you vote for as I could not care less, but for you to understand that every stage of your decision making process is being teleguided by a very powerful bloc from the north.

20 Likes

Re: Why The North Is Not Responding To Charlie Hebdo Cartoons by Ikwokrikwo: 1:30pm On Jan 18, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

Can you tell me why in an election year, with a candidate whose antecedents are pro-sharia the north remained calm?

This is to educate you that the northern political class are ochestrators of civil unrest.

Sanusi Lamido was imprisoned by Abacha for being one of the architects of secular riots which were meant to prompt Abach to dethrone the late Emir Ado Bayero and install him to the coveted position.

Think!

This is not about who you vote for as I could not care less, but for you to understand that every stage of your decision making process is being teleguided by a very powerful bloc from the north.

It is not, riots have been held close to elections before. Those seasonal riots in the north completely disappeared as soon as boko haram stepped up into prominence. The possible reasons are in my first post.

2 Likes

Re: Why The North Is Not Responding To Charlie Hebdo Cartoons by nobilie: 1:30pm On Jan 18, 2015
Pendy79, so you have concluded that the OP is an igbo? may God help you and the Nigeria that we claim is united.

11 Likes

Re: Why The North Is Not Responding To Charlie Hebdo Cartoons by pendy79: 1:31pm On Jan 18, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

You are a hypocrite!
Did anybody complain that there was no riot? What you missed in your heat state was why there were no secular riots in the north given that the north never fails to carry out their revenge on innocent Christians and southerners in the wake of any cartoon or negative depiction of Islam in remote areas from home.

I said you are an hypocrite because, severally you in particular alongside your brain dead APC Buharists fanatics are the ones who celebrate the misery of innocent civilians who have been killed by Boko Haram for your myopic and narrow minded political gain.

Get off my mention, you're just a foolish scumbag and I have advise you on what to do, go to Kano or sokoto and lead the riot, I'm sure there is freedom of gathering there.

What exactly are you saying? You're unhappy that the riot held in Niger republic and not in Northern Nigeria amd you stupidly saying innocent civilians killed by Boko Haram, and you're calling someone a hypocrite, who is more hypocritical if not you piece of human waste.

Sorry they disappoint you by not rioting, but it is not too late, carry all members of your family and head to Kano to start the riot.

Foolish lowlifer, so you wanted a riot to improve the chances of JonaTAN winning, how about promoting all the achievements of his government in 6years rather than the spilling of blood to gather votes.

32 Likes

Re: Why The North Is Not Responding To Charlie Hebdo Cartoons by hushmail: 1:31pm On Jan 18, 2015
GBAM and straight to the point

those a.bo.k.i.s. fully understand the implications of burning and looting

on buhari's campaign, hence they decided to shield their swords

either way, gej till the north stop senseless killings and lootings

6 Likes

Re: Why The North Is Not Responding To Charlie Hebdo Cartoons by emiye(m): 1:33pm On Jan 18, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

Think!

How many Muslim countries are protesting currently ? With Boko Haram in the Core North, they have their hands full, hundreds of them were massacred in a mosque months ago.

6 Likes

Re: Why The North Is Not Responding To Charlie Hebdo Cartoons by PapiWata: 1:34pm On Jan 18, 2015
DickDastardly:
Good thinking! The Carbage brains will only play their private lives into the hands of the futajarlon invaders and not Nigeria's seat of power. Enough of dragging everybody back with their eagerness and lust for blind and crass illiteracy and backwardness.
cool cool

The North is the only place that need "CHANGE" in Nigeria!
Sai Buhari for North East!

There is no reason why Weeping General Buhari cannot become the Seriki of his dusty village, so he should be encouraged to look inwards, and aim for that far more realistic goal, that will be attainable in his old age, without overloading his tiny little brain, now that it is so weakened and degraded by old age.

5 Likes

Re: Why The North Is Not Responding To Charlie Hebdo Cartoons by pendy79: 1:37pm On Jan 18, 2015
nobilie:
Pendy79, so you have concluded that the OP is an igbo? my God help you and the Nigeria that we claim is united.

Is it not obvious where the foolish scumbag hails from? Go thru his past thread on NL and you will know he is just one of the foolish idiotic set of human being who reason from their a.nus, who in his sane senses will pray to add a violent riot to the woes bedevilling the Nation just to prove a political point and gain for his preferred candidate.

He is angry that Nigeriens are rioting and praying why the riot which have claimed lives didn't happen in Northern Nigeria.

How can a normal human being justify this line of thought?

22 Likes

Re: Why The North Is Not Responding To Charlie Hebdo Cartoons by theSpark(m): 1:37pm On Jan 18, 2015
I strongly believe many people in the North would have loved to protest alongside their brethren globally but couldn't due the following:

1. Elections: As elections are in the corner most people are campaigning and do not have time to protest. The people who will hear the protests are interested in election. The attention of the country is on February 14.
2. Boko Haram: Any gathering like a proposed protest is a security risk. Book Haram is going to have a field day blowing people to pieces. The tendencies of such protests being hijacked by hoodlums who may destroy churches and properties is high also. Such breakdown of law and order is counterproductive at this time. The response of the security is probably going to be draconian.
3. Growth in nonviolent attitudes? A lot of Northerners are tired of violence and would not want to do anything that will snowball into violence.

2 Likes

Re: Why The North Is Not Responding To Charlie Hebdo Cartoons by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jan 18, 2015
nobilie:
Pendy79, so you have concluded that the OP is an igbo? may God help you and the Nigeria that we claim is united.

Its because we have all come to realise and accept that its the ibos who hate the hausas,yorubas and muslims witjh a passion because of the loss of the Civil war and are prompting and pushing Jonathan and the Niger delta into another War from next month.

10 Likes

Re: Why The North Is Not Responding To Charlie Hebdo Cartoons by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jan 18, 2015
Ikwokrikwo:
Bro I started a thread on this topic 2 days ago but it was deleted.
Trust me, it isn't about Buhari or elections, it is about boko haram.
It is either those who usually carry out these riots are busy in Sambisa and other BH camps, or northerners have seen som much blood via boko haram that they have finally realised that violence and extremism doesn't pay!

Obviously you don't know how the average northern Muslim thinks.

In my office I have several northern muslim colleagues. One day I got into a political debate about Buhari's credibility and prerequisite to be elected President. Obviously I was not for Buhari. The argument got out of hand and at the height of it, my colleague declared that Nigeria should divide and that if a war should break out he would track me down and kill me. I wasn't disturbed because I wasn't surprised.

In every demograph within the northern Muslim populace there is a seething anger waiting to explode.

If you think it is limited to the almajiri class then you are wrong as this cuts across every social level among them with intolerance levels peaking as you climb the social ladder.

To buttress this point above, the original Boko haram was composed of highly educated young men from prominent backgrounds. Their denouncement of western education was enough reason by those of no education at all to join the group. Most of these young men destroyed their certificates and shunned juicy job positions. A classic case of this is Abdull Mutallab who was a privileged child with good education but shunned a bright future opting for jihad.

The north is angry. Has always been angry. And has never been this angry.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The North Is Not Responding To Charlie Hebdo Cartoons by nku5: 1:39pm On Jan 18, 2015
pendy79:
The stupidity of some of you supporting PDP Is legendary and your heads need to be checked if you still have brainal matter.

You mean you're not happy that there is no riot in the north over the cartoon? Why not board a bus and go to Kano and led the charge for the riot.

4 people died in Niger but your prayers were that it should be igbo bloods so that you can convince your brothers in Owerri not to vote Buhari.

Leave igbos out of your simple minded, monkeyshit political nonsense.

16 Likes

Re: Why The North Is Not Responding To Charlie Hebdo Cartoons by LegatusGlaber(m): 1:39pm On Jan 18, 2015
nobilie:

That Nigga is the worst tribalist I ve ever come across on this forum. Whatever negativity he wishes on the Igbos will return to him a hundred fold, Amen

11 Likes

Re: Why The North Is Not Responding To Charlie Hebdo Cartoons by luvmijeje(f): 1:41pm On Jan 18, 2015
pendy79:

Get off my mention, you're just a foolish scumbag and I have advise you on what to do, go to Kano or sokoto and lead the riot, I'm sure there is freedom of gathering there.

What exactly are you saying? You're unhappy that the riot held in Niger republic and not in Northern Nigeria amd you stupidly saying innocent civilians killed by Boko Haram, and you're calling someone a hypocrite, who is more hypocritical if not you piece of human waste.

Sorry they disappoint you by not rioting, but it is not too late, carry all members of your family and head to Kano to start the riot.

Foolish lowlifer, so you wanted a riot to improve the chances of JonaTAN winning, how about promoting all the achievements of his government in 6years rather than the spilling of blood to gather votes.

OP I hope you can read. Take all your family to the north and start rioting. Honestly, you guys are psychologically not alright. I don't understand how a right thinking human being will wake up in the morning and start opening foolish thread.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The North Is Not Responding To Charlie Hebdo Cartoons by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jan 18, 2015
FYI, I am not Igbo.

And I see no reason why that should be a topic of debate here or included in the discussion.

8 Likes

Re: Why The North Is Not Responding To Charlie Hebdo Cartoons by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jan 18, 2015
luvmijeje:

OP I hope you can read. Take all your family to the north and start rioting. Honestly, you guys are psychologically not alright. I don't understand how a right thinking human being will wake up in the morning and start opening foolish thread.

Why are you so foolish!

I am currently in the north now. Abuja to be precise!

Do you think we sleep with both eyes here? Do you think we wish for war?

You fools have probably never seen a secular riot go down in the north!

The mob does not care if you are APC, Yoruba or a Muslim from the south!

10 Likes

Re: Why The North Is Not Responding To Charlie Hebdo Cartoons by luvmijeje(f): 1:52pm On Jan 18, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

Why are you so foolish!

I am currently in the north now. Abuja to be precise!

Do you think we sleep with both eyes here? Do you think we wish for war?

You fools have probably never seen a secular riot go down in the north!

The mob does not care if you are APC, Yoruba or a Muslim from the south!

If you're a right thinking human being and you are really concerned the title of your thread and the content should be you calling out those in charge of security to be on high alert. It's because you are not alright, that's why you are asking foolish and inciting question.

6 Likes

Re: Why The North Is Not Responding To Charlie Hebdo Cartoons by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jan 18, 2015
The mistake you ibos made is to openly denigrate the yorubas because of jonathan.This singular mistake will cost the ibos a lot in the coming years because the future cream of Nigeria Society who are yorubas have seen the open hostility and hate you have for the yorubas.

The normally liberal yorubas have been jolted from their sleep and they are now radicalized.The ibos will really have a problem in this country because while you have the northerners bombing you up north,you have the yorubas fighting an intellectual and ideological war with you down south.

I wish you ibos stew in your hate and I hope you brace up for the years ahead.

God bless Nigeria.

10 Likes

Re: Why The North Is Not Responding To Charlie Hebdo Cartoons by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jan 18, 2015
The mistake you ibos made is to openly denigrate the yorubas because of jonathan.This singular mistake will cost the ibos a lot in the coming years because the future cream of Nigerian Society who are yorubas have seen the open hostility and hate you have for the yorubas.This was caused by social media and internet.

The normally liberal yorubas have been jolted from their sleep and they are now radicalized.The ibos will really have a problem in this country because while you have the northerners bombing you up north,you have the yorubas fighting an intellectual and ideological war with you down south.

God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Why The North Is Not Responding To Charlie Hebdo Cartoons by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jan 18, 2015
luvmijeje:

If you're a right thinking human being and you are really concerned the title of your thread and the content should be you calling out those in charge of security to be on high alert. It's because you are not alright, that's why you are asking foolish and inciting question.

And where did I call for riots?

Are you daft?

2 Likes

Re: Why The North Is Not Responding To Charlie Hebdo Cartoons by kheart(m): 1:58pm On Jan 18, 2015
Hmm well God has already curse any1 who cause chaos or try to cause one.

1 Like

Re: Why The North Is Not Responding To Charlie Hebdo Cartoons by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jan 18, 2015
Alcatraz001:
The mistake you ibos made is to openly denigrate the yorubas because of jonathan.This singular mistake will cost the ibos a lot in the coming years because the future cream of Nigerian Society who are yorubas have seen the open hostility and hate you have for the yorubas.This was caused by social media and internet.

God bless Nigeria.

In your narrow thinking and stereotypical self you assumed I must be Igbo?

If anything, I have discovered here on Nairaland is that most of you guys from the southwest are obsessed with the Igbos.

Is Jonathan Igbo? Why make the Igbos scapegoats in every issue?

This is how you guys in your ever backward reasoning wanted to blame the Igbos for Boko Haram by attempting to pin the groups support with Ihekeri.

I honestly wish for your Buhari to be President so that we can see what foolishness you have gotten yourselves into. I refer to you guys because at the end of the day it is you layabouts that depend on hand outs and federal positions and jobs to exist!

As for us in the ND, we know our faith is in our hands and not in some geriatric semi illiterate bigot!

14 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Enugu Civil Servants To Resume On August 3 / Gaddafi Warns About Influx Of Millions Of Blacks Including Nigerians To Europe / Because Of Igbo Bad Behaviour/ Tribalism ,we Lost Southern Cameroon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.