Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,555 members, 7,770,434 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:39 AM

Jude - No Artist Signing Till P-square Stop Singing - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Jude - No Artist Signing Till P-square Stop Singing (15422 Views)

Should Dbanj Stop Singing? / Why I Decided To Stop Singing Songs Which Make No Sense-d' Prince / Nigerian Police Warns Tonto Dikeh To Stop Singing & Face Acting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jude - No Artist Signing Till P-square Stop Singing by jkross(m): 1:25am On Mar 05, 2013
They drop a punchline today. And they want to pop moet tomorrow..lazy mudafakaz give them a car and some cash in their pocket you will be begging them to come and record a song..busy chasing camera men and photographers wanna be big boys partying all night without a hit track to their name forming celebrity..Jude is so On point jare

2 Likes

Re: Jude - No Artist Signing Till P-square Stop Singing by Ivynwa(f): 2:39am On Mar 05, 2013
He is talented in mixing beats and needs to share his talent.
I believe that he can help such upcoming artist like Tonto Dike create hit songs.

He needs to be talking maturedly and be pulling himself together when giving interviews not saying stuffs that come out sounding a bit arrogant.
I am still a fan of his and his brothers in spite of that.

1 Like

Re: Jude - No Artist Signing Till P-square Stop Singing by francis4real(m): 5:30am On Mar 05, 2013
Some Nigerian are so stupid to the extend that they could not even say the through anymore. anyway am not surprise to blyf that Nigerian mentality we always wanted to live large without working for it, Myd should go to hell, nice one to Okoye. Myd should wait for his tym.

1 Like

Re: Jude - No Artist Signing Till P-square Stop Singing by hornyman(m): 6:25am On Mar 05, 2013
All i know is no one is doing anyone a favour....cos this is business. In business you put your mouth where the money is. If he signs artists, he is not doing them no favour cos he has also seen something great in such artists he wants to benefit from, same goes to the artists too. So as far as this goes, he should sign and put such talks as what aritsts would demand later as excuse aside. Every business environment has its own bad side to thread and so many risk involved, can we say because of the too much risk involved we wont venture into business anymore...? But if he thinks he is entitle to his opinion, then he has a right not to sign but one thing is certain, he won;t grow beyond where he is already. Because signing artists is much more money than mere shooting videos, directing and managing just his brothers as he is doing presently. When he signs his brother would even benefit from the artists on their stable and the artists too would have a lot to learn and develop from them....They should allow the wealth to spread so they would be richer else, they will only keep making the same money they have been making without development.
Re: Jude - No Artist Signing Till P-square Stop Singing by emekafxavier(m): 7:53am On Mar 05, 2013
He beta dnt sign anybody...or,if he should sign,let d label name change to Cube records.
Re: Jude - No Artist Signing Till P-square Stop Singing by Nobody: 7:56am On Mar 05, 2013
... and May D keeps sealed lips all thru. Now, that's what I call maturity
Re: Jude - No Artist Signing Till P-square Stop Singing by Arnoldo(m): 9:43am On Mar 05, 2013
Billyonaire: You cant mean what you just said. Empathize with Jude ? In which planet aside Jude's that it becomes benevolence to provide a talent with basic needs like mobility ? In what planet will any manager believe he is doing an artist a favor by providing an accommodation ? Before any professional talent groomer signs an artist, there is something about that talent that makes the manager go all the way to sign him so he has to keep to his end of the bargain while the artist keeps his end too. When agreement is structured, we take cognizance of the fact that the talent has potentials. Why do managers always believe that they are the ones that make the artists succeed when in actual sense they saw that spark in the new artist before venturing into the partnership. I maintain that there is something about MayD that threatened Jude's Conglomerate from keeping him, it is still that fear of exposure of incompetence that Jude dreads. I still opine that no good manager takes a stand against getting new artist simply because he does not want the new talents to rise without struggles. I dont believe in too much struggles but I do believe in talents and skills, a man doesnt need to walk and run before he can fly in 21st Century. Thanks
what ar u saying? When psquare helped jmartins and bracket were they signed on square records?psquare wanted to help mayd and he wasn't officialy signd nd wen d time to sign him came after showing him to the world he demands for a house and car with just 3 tracks...can you please tell me when wizkid stop living in bankys house? Even with d whole fame and award he got it's nt long he left banky's house...pls tink b4 posting

1 Like

Re: Jude - No Artist Signing Till P-square Stop Singing by Arnoldo(m): 9:44am On Mar 05, 2013
Billyonaire: You cant mean what you just said. Empathize with Jude ? In which planet aside Jude's that it becomes benevolence to provide a talent with basic needs like mobility ? In what planet will any manager believe he is doing an artist a favor by providing an accommodation ? Before any professional talent groomer signs an artist, there is something about that talent that makes the manager go all the way to sign him so he has to keep to his end of the bargain while the artist keeps his end too. When agreement is structured, we take cognizance of the fact that the talent has potentials. Why do managers always believe that they are the ones that make the artists succeed when in actual sense they saw that spark in the new artist before venturing into the partnership. I maintain that there is something about MayD that threatened Jude's Conglomerate from keeping him, it is still that fear of exposure of incompetence that Jude dreads. I still opine that no good manager takes a stand against getting new artist simply because he does not want the new talents to rise without struggles. I dont believe in too much struggles but I do believe in talents and skills, a man doesnt need to walk and run before he can fly in 21st Century. Thanks
what ar u saying? When psquare helped jmartins and bracket were they signed on square records?psquare wanted to help mayd and he wasn't officialy signd nd wen d time to sign him came after showing him to the world he demands for a house and car with just 3 tracks...can you please tell me when wizkid stop living in bankys house? Even with d whole fame and award he got it's nt long he left banky's house...pls tink b4 posting
Re: Jude - No Artist Signing Till P-square Stop Singing by Arnoldo(m): 9:52am On Mar 05, 2013
jkross: They drop a punchline today. And they want to pop moet tomorrow..lazy mudafakaz give them a car and some cash in their pocket you will be begging them to come and record a song..busy chasing camera men and photographers wanna be big boys partying all night without a hit track to their name forming celebrity..Jude is so On point jare
my dear tell them the bitter truth jor..how can help sm1 without signing the person.introduce him to akon and other bigboys dat som celebrities cant meet wit jst 3tracks nd wen d time to sign him comes he tells me wat to put in d contract nd start forming...

1 Like

Re: Jude - No Artist Signing Till P-square Stop Singing by lindaflorence: 11:08am On Mar 05, 2013
MAYBE IN YOUR NEXT WORLD, BUT IN THIS VERY 1 THAT U & I LIVES IT DOESN'T WORK LIKE THAT DUDE
Re: Jude - No Artist Signing Till P-square Stop Singing by victorian(f): 11:13am On Mar 05, 2013
sobastical: Shameful thought, doesn't sound like a good professional with good business insight and a quality foresight, what if Psquare betray Him

Psquare will not betray Jude... They are blood brothers and they know , what it means to stay bonded and united especially when growing an empire.. Am not Igbo o, but av noticed that igbo brothers stick to each other , come rain , come shine... Ego, greed, nor women do not tear them apart.
And Jude is right but shouldn't have said it... No one asked him.
Re: Jude - No Artist Signing Till P-square Stop Singing by scobaba: 12:25pm On Mar 05, 2013
May D na musician? Mtcheeeeew, I taya for all these pro-May D Nairalanders.

Jude is on point, though I think his manner o presentation is the problem.

U all heard him say over 15m had been spent on this guy with no returns coming forth @ that point in time and you don't expect him to scream?

Thers something called Return on Investment(ROI) and payback period(PBP), if it starts taking too long to get ds returns, oga.... I GO SHOUT TOO..shoo!

1 Like

Re: Jude - No Artist Signing Till P-square Stop Singing by jeffizy(m): 1:23pm On Mar 05, 2013
If don jazzy had only d'banj under mo'hits, would there have been MAVIN records today?
Re: Jude - No Artist Signing Till P-square Stop Singing by kabaka1: 4:21pm On Mar 05, 2013
Richfella: I actually forgot to add this. Deciding to manage only PSquare is actually a very wise decision.

I am not the most knowledgeable in this music business thing. But my understanding is that with MOST producers & manager, they have 'the goose that lays the GOLDEN EGGS' and then 'the other artistes'.

Don Jazzy despite having several artistes, D'banj layed the gold-eggs. So was Wiz Kid to Banky W. So is Rihanna, as I think, to Jay Z.

A very wise man once said that it is way better to find a deep well and mine it DEEPER than scatter your force over several shallow ones. Acts like the PSquare boys are a managers life-time dream.

Mr Jude was 'lucky' to find his 'deep well' first. And he is drilling deep. Sharp guy.

May D definitely would have been a golden goose 2. The issue depends on their contract agreement n we may never know all the details to conclude on who's at fault here
Re: Jude - No Artist Signing Till P-square Stop Singing by alinummi: 4:54pm On Mar 05, 2013
sad sadNo no no no eng jude okoye I rather stop being one among ur square record fans than support this ur stupid opinio ,cos all fingers are nt equal nd all humans has d good nd bad side cos I belive if it has been d way u want it now, u woundn't hav been in south africa as a square record owner,what if square record is d only record label we hav in africa ?do u mean p square are going to remain d only musician we hav in all ?jude okoye I think u are tired or feeling hungry when u make this ur out thinking decision, pls eat nd hav some rest nd give us another.love u p square one love
Re: Jude - No Artist Signing Till P-square Stop Singing by Kizuba: 5:17pm On Mar 05, 2013
where is the problem with what he said? it has been a family business from time imemorial, they have done it other families too can do it.
where is the problem? i dont see that he is being selfish
Re: Jude - No Artist Signing Till P-square Stop Singing by dramendra: 8:12pm On Mar 05, 2013
If MayD is actually demanding then its wrong, it should be an agreement in the company to provide him what he deserves.but to be sincere it will be very difficult to excel in a family business if your not a member of the family. Kenis music for instant introduce KSand the other guy that runs a show on the street just to gupple a lion share in the business, is there any D1 family in it? You see, MadyD was not patient, if he was wise, he would have been the one to use Psquare and get to his dream land. For jude I believe he just don't want any outside to come and put a margin in the family busines. No hard feelings, just my views.
Re: Jude - No Artist Signing Till P-square Stop Singing by Nobody: 3:35pm On Mar 06, 2013
pazienza:

What are you still waiting for?
[size=48pt] So Many Things [/size]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos From Juliet Ibrahim’s Halloween Party / Angela Okorie: Any woman that disrespects father of her child does not know God / “i’m The Alaafin Of Agege”- Small Doctor Wows In Corporate Outfit (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.