Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:59 PM

10,000 Capacity Multi-level Car-Park For MMIA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10,000 Capacity Multi-level Car-Park For MMIA (6620 Views)

Madukar Orji Harassed At MMIA By DSS - Man Alleges / Plane Crash In Lagos At Airport Road MMIA Near Toll Gate / Lagos Demolishes Apapa Amusement Park For Security Reason (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

10,000 Capacity Multi-level Car-Park For MMIA by Sunnybobo3(m): 3:38am On Mar 02, 2013
FG Plans 10,000 Capacity Multi-level Car Park At MMIA 

The Federal Government has concluded plans to build an automated multi-level car park at the international terminal of the Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos. Construction is expected to start in the second quarter of this year and would be completed before the end of 2014.

The proposed multi-level car park will have computerised system that can document entry and exit of vehicles, notify users of absence of parking spaces, vacant spaces as well as floors where those spaces are located.

THISDAY also gathered that the computerised system would profile cars, scrutinise their nooks and crannies to ensure that they do not bring in prohibited substances like bombs and other dangerous materials.

The car park, it was also learnt would be linked to the terminal to protect users from rain and sunshine. Also, X-ray and other screening machines would be installed at the exit points to ensure thorough security checks.
General Manager, Corporate Communications, Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN), Yakubu Dati, said that the car park, when completed, would ease vehicular movements and security checks.

Dati explained that traffic congestion at peak hours at the airport was due to the narrowness of the road, adding that the situation was usually worsened by vehicles that were stationed for hours at the airport terminal, waiting to pick Very Important Persons (VIPs).

“The car park will be automated. The plan is that it will create more spaces to expand network. The project will start second quarter of this year. So we want to sanitise the present car park by moving people out of the place, clear the thoroughfare and create alternative place for temporary car park”, the spokesperson said.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/fg-plans-10-000-capacity-multi-level-car-park-at-mmia/140889/

3 Likes

Re: 10,000 Capacity Multi-level Car-Park For MMIA by Sunnybobo3(m): 3:56am On Mar 02, 2013
The current minister of Aviation is really working.

5 Likes

Re: 10,000 Capacity Multi-level Car-Park For MMIA by engrfcuksmtin(m): 4:25am On Mar 02, 2013
^^
Ok
Re: 10,000 Capacity Multi-level Car-Park For MMIA by Nobody: 8:25am On Mar 02, 2013
Yes i agree she is working. But i see a lot capital expenditure project in that sector. Can you put an old wine in a new bottle?
Re: 10,000 Capacity Multi-level Car-Park For MMIA by Marksule(m): 9:34am On Mar 02, 2013
4th. Dats nice. I wish they will construct it
Re: 10,000 Capacity Multi-level Car-Park For MMIA by nep2ra(m): 9:35am On Mar 02, 2013
Is the road to the aiport fixed yet? That road is an eyesore.

4 Likes

Re: 10,000 Capacity Multi-level Car-Park For MMIA by pankere(m): 9:43am On Mar 02, 2013
grin This would be a suicide bomber's dream target!
Re: 10,000 Capacity Multi-level Car-Park For MMIA by misterh(m): 9:44am On Mar 02, 2013
Giving honour to whom it is due, this is a good initiative. Hope it will actually be constructed. We don't want to hear that one director somewhere don 'chop' d money o!

1 Like

Re: 10,000 Capacity Multi-level Car-Park For MMIA by Bluemosquito(m): 9:45am On Mar 02, 2013
We are marching forward. We really need more captical expenditure in our budgets like this.
Re: 10,000 Capacity Multi-level Car-Park For MMIA by Noblechyk: 9:47am On Mar 02, 2013
Good development if implemented.
Re: 10,000 Capacity Multi-level Car-Park For MMIA by olusola200: 9:47am On Mar 02, 2013
Its better late than never ,since 2007 . I hope is not one of those empty prosises ,

1 Like

Re: 10,000 Capacity Multi-level Car-Park For MMIA by Legalplayerz: 9:48am On Mar 02, 2013
Good one.
Re: 10,000 Capacity Multi-level Car-Park For MMIA by Nobody: 10:01am On Mar 02, 2013
Just another way to eat government funds
Re: 10,000 Capacity Multi-level Car-Park For MMIA by igbsam(m): 10:03am On Mar 02, 2013
nep2ra: Is the road to the aiport fixed yet? That road is an eyesore.
Which Road ? Abi na your eyes get sore...... grin No road is an eyesore! The roads still good

2 Likes

Re: 10,000 Capacity Multi-level Car-Park For MMIA by nep2ra(m): 10:10am On Mar 02, 2013
igbsam:
Which Road ? Abi na your eyes get sore...... grin No road is an eyesore! The roads still good

Oga cool down na. I just asked a question.
Re: 10,000 Capacity Multi-level Car-Park For MMIA by Nobody: 10:11am On Mar 02, 2013
Best Administration Nigeria ever had since Lord Lugard. Kudos!

8 Likes

Re: 10,000 Capacity Multi-level Car-Park For MMIA by Sunnybobo3(m): 10:18am On Mar 02, 2013
Billyonaire: Best Administration Nigeria ever had since Lord Lugard. Kudos!

You can say that again billions. By the way, have you by any chance seen or heard from that biatch berem?
Re: 10,000 Capacity Multi-level Car-Park For MMIA by Nobody: 10:20am On Mar 02, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

You can say that again billions. By the way, have you by any chance seen or heard from that biatch berem?
She hunted me like a ghost, I certainly can thread in peace while she rests in peace.
Re: 10,000 Capacity Multi-level Car-Park For MMIA by asala1: 10:23am On Mar 02, 2013
What of the car pack at the MMA2 that is still under used? The fourth floor is mostly completely empty. Why waste money in building another one?

1 Like

Re: 10,000 Capacity Multi-level Car-Park For MMIA by Nobody: 10:37am On Mar 02, 2013
asala1: What of the car pack at the MMA2 that is still under used? The fourth floor is mostly completely empty. Why waste money in building another one?
Governments plan for the future. We are about experiencing economic growth as soon as electricity stabilizes.
Re: 10,000 Capacity Multi-level Car-Park For MMIA by lacasa: 10:39am On Mar 02, 2013
Wen the current one hardly gets filled up

#.. Chop Chop funds tinzz cheesy

1 Like

Re: 10,000 Capacity Multi-level Car-Park For MMIA by bory09(m): 10:43am On Mar 02, 2013
No need for headache when it comes to federal government work. I believe in Gej he will deliver. My headache is the state and Local government level.

2 Likes

Re: 10,000 Capacity Multi-level Car-Park For MMIA by baby124: 10:44am On Mar 02, 2013
The major problem is how traffic is coordinated at MMIA. Massive reconstruction of the roads, with flyovers and better traffic flow is needed. Traffic there in December to early January is a disaster.
Re: 10,000 Capacity Multi-level Car-Park For MMIA by takedat(m): 10:49am On Mar 02, 2013
We should be thinking of how to concession out our international airports, instead of wasting public funds on a new car park!
Re: 10,000 Capacity Multi-level Car-Park For MMIA by Nobody: 10:55am On Mar 02, 2013
take dat: We should be thinking of how to concession out our international airports, instead of wasting public funds on a new car park when the one in use now is yet to be fully utilised!
When last did you use that airport my brother.
Re: 10,000 Capacity Multi-level Car-Park For MMIA by Reference(m): 10:58am On Mar 02, 2013
asala1: What of the car pack at the MMA2 that is still under used? The fourth floor is mostly completely empty. Why waste money in building another one?

Haba MM2 is miles away from MMIA.
Re: 10,000 Capacity Multi-level Car-Park For MMIA by AbrantieGH(m): 11:01am On Mar 02, 2013
Boko target
Re: 10,000 Capacity Multi-level Car-Park For MMIA by Reference(m): 11:03am On Mar 02, 2013
take dat: We should be thinking of how to concession out our international airports, instead of wasting public funds on a new car park when the one in use now is yet to be fully utilised!

I don't get it. Does MMIA have a carpark or not. Because what I see is an open space looking like a market at best or a car mart perpetually filled with cars.
Re: 10,000 Capacity Multi-level Car-Park For MMIA by moonraker(m): 11:03am On Mar 02, 2013
This government has got its priorities screwed up.

What about the little things that are not working?? like the baggage belts

and escalators and the aircons?? this are things that should be fixed. Instead

your talking about car pack?? shocked angry

2 Likes

Re: 10,000 Capacity Multi-level Car-Park For MMIA by Reference(m): 11:07am On Mar 02, 2013
moonraker: This government has got its priorities screwed up.

What about the little things that are not working?? like the baggage belts

and escalators and the aircons?? this are things that should be fixed. Instead

your talking about car pack?? shocked angry

Baggage belts won't work in Nigeria. They are not for our travelling culture. Can't and won't ever last.
Re: 10,000 Capacity Multi-level Car-Park For MMIA by takedat(m): 11:15am On Mar 02, 2013
Billyonaire: When last did you use that airport my brother.
my mind was on NAIA, MMIA needs a proper car park but I don't believe that should be built with public fund, concessioning is the way out!
Re: 10,000 Capacity Multi-level Car-Park For MMIA by Nobody: 11:20am On Mar 02, 2013
take dat: my mind was on NAIA, MMIA needs a proper car park but I don't believe that should be built with public fund, concessioning is the way out!
Well, concession works but Government dont have time to waste anymore, this administration should be commended for moving faster than Yaradua's administration and being the best since Lord Lugard.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria To Generate 7,000 Megawatts Of Electricity By 2014 - NERC Chairman / See How Much Buhari's Daughter Spent On A Single Flight;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; / 2023: I Will Contest For Presidency Even Without Zoning– Anyim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.