Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,570 members, 7,820,053 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

10,000 Capacity Multi-level Car-Park For MMIA - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10,000 Capacity Multi-level Car-Park For MMIA (6629 Views)

Madukar Orji Harassed At MMIA By DSS - Man Alleges / Plane Crash In Lagos At Airport Road MMIA Near Toll Gate / Lagos Demolishes Apapa Amusement Park For Security Reason (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10,000 Capacity Multi-level Car-Park For MMIA by wazobiaforu(m): 11:21am On Mar 02, 2013
nep2ra: Is the road to the aiport fixed yet? That road is an eyesore.

Next time you are going, dont go with wheel barrow and dont go through the fence or bush. grin grin
The road is good

2 Likes

Re: 10,000 Capacity Multi-level Car-Park For MMIA by takedat(m): 11:26am On Mar 02, 2013
Reference:

I don't get it. Does MMIA have a carpark or not. Because what I see is an open space looking like a market at best or a car mart perpetually filled with cars.
Yeah! Pardon me, its an open space, perpetually filled with cars in the evening! MMIA needs a proper car park but I am against government building one with public funds! Private investors will jump at the offer!
Re: 10,000 Capacity Multi-level Car-Park For MMIA by PapaBrowne(m): 11:29am On Mar 02, 2013
asala1: What of the car pack at the MMA2 that is still under used? The fourth floor is mostly completely empty. Why waste money in building another one?

Next time you want to travel, go to MMA2 and park your car. Bring your bags down and walk the 2km journey to MMA1. When you get there 3 hrs later, kindly buy yourself another flight ticket as you would have missed the one you came to board. Nansensical comment. Not sure you pro'lly ever been at any of both airports. Not fair when you comment authoritatively on things you have no idea about.

If you've ever been at the airport, you'll know that MMA2 and MMA1 are two different airports entirely. Taxi from MMA2 to MMA1 COSTS 2,OOO Naira.

1 Like

Re: 10,000 Capacity Multi-level Car-Park For MMIA by takedat(m): 11:33am On Mar 02, 2013
PapaBrowne:

Next time you want to travel, go to MMA2 and park your car. Bring your bags down and walk the 2km journey to MMA1. When you get there 3 hrs later, kindly buy yourself another flight ticket as you would have missed the one you came to board. Nansensical comment. Not sure you pro'lly ever been at any of both airports. Not fair when you comment authoritatively on things you have no idea about.

If you've ever been at the airport, you'll know that MMA2 and MMA1 are two different airports entirely. Taxi from MMA2 to MMA1 COSTS 2,OOO Naira.
Hilarious!
Re: 10,000 Capacity Multi-level Car-Park For MMIA by hercules07: 11:38am On Mar 02, 2013
What happened the abandoned one, there was a car park under construction that has been abandoned, why not just complete that one.
Re: 10,000 Capacity Multi-level Car-Park For MMIA by taharqa: 11:56am On Mar 02, 2013
Which Airport Road is an 'eyesore'?? Why is it dat sm of u chaps just open yr mouth in a sort of pre-set mode to always criticize tins. Dem swear for una with Criticism?.... *smh*
Re: 10,000 Capacity Multi-level Car-Park For MMIA by AZeD1(m): 11:57am On Mar 02, 2013
I'm with takedat on this issue. Just give it to a private person to build and run.
Re: 10,000 Capacity Multi-level Car-Park For MMIA by calcal: 12:28pm On Mar 02, 2013
waste of resources, a simple venture to chop money again. okay why can the FG invite private sector to do the business, let the private sector collect the parking as usual just tax them.

the NL mumu don jump up as usual celebrating the guy is working.
Re: 10,000 Capacity Multi-level Car-Park For MMIA by thelastPope(m): 12:31pm On Mar 02, 2013
A-ZeD:
I'm with takedat on this issue. Just give it to a private person to build and run.

You have always ever been with takedat on every issue. LOL!
Re: 10,000 Capacity Multi-level Car-Park For MMIA by takedat(m): 12:32pm On Mar 02, 2013
thelastPope:

You have always ever been with takedat on every issue. LOL!
Bros, howdy?
Re: 10,000 Capacity Multi-level Car-Park For MMIA by thelastPope(m): 12:34pm On Mar 02, 2013
take dat: Bros, howdy?

I dey kampe! Was just talking to your twin moniker! lol. Happy weekend!
Re: 10,000 Capacity Multi-level Car-Park For MMIA by takedat(m): 12:42pm On Mar 02, 2013
thelastPope:

I dey kampe! Was just talking to your twin moniker! lol. Happy weekend!
Na my comrade, *why evils*? Safe weekend!
Re: 10,000 Capacity Multi-level Car-Park For MMIA by DisGuy: 1:44pm On Mar 02, 2013
does that mean a contract has been drawn out and awarded or they are planning to advertise it

hope it start in the second quarter as stated, the place is too rowdy same with abuja airport, just like an open market people just park anywhere
Re: 10,000 Capacity Multi-level Car-Park For MMIA by PapaBrowne(m): 2:13pm On Mar 02, 2013
take dat: We should be thinking of how to concession out our international airports, instead of wasting public funds on a new car park!

Yes oh, that would make sense in a country that is willing to pay for public services. The last I checked, no infrastructure concession has been hitch free in Nigeria till date. MM2 has been problematic for the investors. Lekki Expressway is taking too long to complete. Lagos Ibadan had to be taken from the concessionaire. Infrastructure concession is at its infancy in Nigeria, so for things that have to be done urgently, you might as well just go ahead and do it yourself pending when the environment becomes more appealing for that.

We must give kudos where it is due. The minister of Aviation is working hard and we are here critisizing her works. Why not focus on those doing lottel or nothing? Whats happening in Steel, Education, FCT, Niger Delta,Health, Interior, Housing ministries and the few others that are performing in my opinion below par.
Lets encourage the performers and castigate the non performers. Agric, Aviation, Works, Trade & Investment, Finance currently stand out in this administration. Others like Foreign Affairs, Communications, Culture & Tourism etc are doing pretty good too.

Criticize right!!
Re: 10,000 Capacity Multi-level Car-Park For MMIA by joxiri: 2:18pm On Mar 02, 2013
This has been long overdue the old carpark opposite the airport has been dilapidated for years
Re: 10,000 Capacity Multi-level Car-Park For MMIA by takedat(m): 2:54pm On Mar 02, 2013
PapaBrowne:

Yes oh, that would make sense in a country that is willing to pay for public services. The last I checked, no infrastructure concession has been hitch free in Nigeria till date. MM2 has been problematic for the investors. Lekki Expressway is taking too long to complete. Lagos Ibadan had to be taken from the concessionaire. Infrastructure concession is at its infancy in Nigeria, so for things that have to be done urgently, you might as well just go ahead and do it yourself pending when the environment becomes more appealing for that.

We must give kudos where it is due. The minister of Aviation is working hard and we are here critisizing her works. Why not focus on those doing lottel or nothing? Whats happening in Steel, Education, FCT, Niger Delta,Health, Interior, Housing ministries and the few others that are performing in my opinion below par.
Lets encourage the performers and castigate the non performers. Agric, Aviation, Works, Trade & Investment, Finance currently stand out in this administration. Others like Foreign Affairs, Communications, Culture & Tourism etc are doing pretty good too.

Criticize right!!
I do rate the current minister of aviation very highly! I disagree on your assertion that Nigerians are very unwilling to pay for public services, after all, we pay toll for what is currently being used as car park and other services in our airports. The Government should be held responsible for the challenges encountered With infrastructure concession due to lapses in legal framework, bureaucratic inefficiency, multiple taxation and political and economic instability, But that does not mean we cannot get it right! The Infrastructure Concession Regulatory Act needs amendment!

On the issue of criticising rightly, I guess I'll hold my peace so as not to be seen as a commentraitor!
Re: 10,000 Capacity Multi-level Car-Park For MMIA by RedLight1: 3:12pm On Mar 02, 2013
i hope u didnt wear 2 eye patches when u passed the road cos the road us one of the best and cleanest roads in lagos angry
Re: 10,000 Capacity Multi-level Car-Park For MMIA by sultaan(m): 3:25pm On Mar 02, 2013
Some of you have your so far up GEJ *** everything that comes out of you brain(?) is crap.

It is impossible to build a 10000 car park for the single terminal that airport has.Do you think you can put 3k cars on that path you call road at anytime without gridlock. Think people failures like these is what made us end up t the bottom of development within the human race.

You all might not want to hear that but let go of the truth for once and look at the facts, MMIA is what the biggest black city in the world has to offer; or do we forfeit and give it to the South African or Brazilians.

Wake up people.
Re: 10,000 Capacity Multi-level Car-Park For MMIA by NeoXVI: 3:27pm On Mar 02, 2013
What do they need a 10,000 capacity car park at an airport for? People don't live at an airport, and a small number of people work there. They should fix the roads to the airport first. Then expand the drive in, drive out spaces for people dropping off or getting picked up. That's how it's done. No one constructs a 10,000 capacity car park at an airport. People don't go to an airport for sightseeing.

2 Likes

Re: 10,000 Capacity Multi-level Car-Park For MMIA by PapaBrowne(m): 4:24pm On Mar 02, 2013
Neo-XVI:
What do they need a 10,000 capacity car park at an airport for? People don't live at an airport, and a small number of people work there. They should fix the roads to the airport first. Then expand the drive in, drive out spaces for people dropping off or getting picked up. That's how it's done. No one constructs a 10,000 capacity car park at an airport. People don't go to an airport for sightseeing.

You must feel smart.Sorry to burst that, you are just being smart by half.
Maybe you don't know that culture is one of the major factors you take into consideration when designing places. Nigeria has certain peculiarities very different from what would be obtainable in other countries. One of those peculiarities is our strong family ties and extended social circles.

While in many other countries you go to the airport alone with a taxi which drops you off and zooms away, in Nigeria you come with family or friends probably in one or two cars. When you arrive in other countries, you use one of the many existing public transport modes(Airport Taxis, Buses, etc). In Nigeria, a convoy of family and friends comes to meet you at the airport.

There were about 4 million International passengers last year through MMA. That equates to about 10,000 daily passengers. And that number is growing significantly every year. Now 10,000 passengers would mean about 10,000 cars a day. Now add that to the hundreds or thousands of workers at the airport and you will see the need for a 10,000 car park.

For the guy talking about fixing the MMA road, he should tell that to the Ministry of Works. Aviation Ministry would not dream less because the another ministry has other priorities.
Re: 10,000 Capacity Multi-level Car-Park For MMIA by NeoXVI: 5:02pm On Mar 02, 2013
PapaBrowne:

You must feel smart.Sorry to burst that, you are just being smart by half.
Maybe you don't know that culture is one of the major factors you take into consideration when designing places. Nigeria has certain peculiarities very different from what would be obtainable in other countries. One of those peculiarities is our strong family ties and extended social circles.

While in many other countries you go to the airport alone with a taxi which drops you off and zooms away, in Nigeria you come with family or friends probably in one or two cars. When you arrive in other countries, you use one of the many existing public transport modes(Airport Taxis, Buses, etc). In Nigeria, a convoy of family and friends comes to meet you at the airport.

There were about 4 million International passengers last year through MMA. That equates to about 10,000 daily passengers. And that number is growing significantly every year. Now 10,000 passengers would mean about 10,000 cars a day. Now add that to the hundreds or thousands of workers at the airport and you will see the need for a 10,000 car park.

For the guy talking about fixing the MMA road, he should tell that to the Ministry of Works. Aviation Ministry would not dream less because the another ministry has other priorities.

How dumb! Going to the airport with all your family cos you're traveling? What culture is that? It indicates that there are countless jobless people sitting around with nothing better to do! 4 million passengers for an international airport is a very small number. There are class B airports in the US with 50 million passengers a year. If they have nothing better to do with money at the aviation ministry, they should build a modern airport then. Last time I was there (last year), it was still crap.
And building parking spaces while the road to the airport is in a sorry state is still putting the cart before the horse. It is still the same government, no?
You sound more like one of the contractors for the parking lot grin

2 Likes

Re: 10,000 Capacity Multi-level Car-Park For MMIA by DisGuy: 5:34pm On Mar 02, 2013
Neo-XVI:

And building parking spaces while the road to the airport is in a sorry state is still putting the cart before the horse. It is still the same government, no?
grin

Very valid point!! same way some cheerleaders blame the 'previous' govt like its not the same PDP

I just want to know if this has been budgeted for or we'll hear the same stories as before 'lack of funding'
Re: 10,000 Capacity Multi-level Car-Park For MMIA by PapaBrowne(m): 5:48pm On Mar 02, 2013
Neo-XVI:

How dumb! Going to the airport with all your family cos you're traveling? What culture is that? It indicates that there are countless jobless people sitting around with nothing better to do! 4 million passengers for an international airport is a very small number. There are class B airports in the US with 50 million passengers a year. If they have nothing better to do with money at the aviation ministry, they should build a modern airport then. Last time I was there (last year), it was still crap.
You sound more like one of the contractors for the parking lot grin

Not only do I dislike confident ignorance, I detest it!!"Class B airports with 50 million passengers in the U.S".Like thats news. Except perhaps you live in North Korea and are blocked off Google & Wiki.
First, most of the busiest Airports in US are all class B airport. Atlanta Hatfield which is obviously the busiest in the world is a Class B Airport. The top 15 busiest airports in the USA are all class B airports. Very few class A airports exist and they are not determined by passenger traffic.

And by the way, 4 million International passengers a year is big for Africa, at least it ranks in top 5. About fixing the road, the works ministry has a bigger priority to use its scarce resources on death traps like Benin Ore, Enugu Onitsha, Benin Lokoja road before thinking of beautifying the MMA road. That should not stop the Aviation Ministry from prioritizing a parking lot. Its like telling a Chemistry teacher to stop teaching chemistry because the biology teacher is sick and cant come to school.

Last time I was there (last year), it was still crap.
Last time I was at Dallas Fort Worth, the airport was undergoing remodelling just like the MMA.It looked like crap to me too. I saw somewhere that it would take 7 years to complete and wondered why so long?? Your mouth like crap. Improvements are being made instead of you to appreciate you are running your mouth. Nothing wrong with critiquing, but let it be constructive. Once again, I dont just dislike confident ignorance, I detest it!!
Re: 10,000 Capacity Multi-level Car-Park For MMIA by adconline(m): 6:11pm On Mar 02, 2013
Fix the AC, elevator/escalator, build a mall like palms or polo park, kick out touts from the airport. Go into PPP with Brolls to build a mall to be annexed to the aiport

2 Likes

Re: 10,000 Capacity Multi-level Car-Park For MMIA by Nobody: 6:19pm On Mar 02, 2013
calcal: waste of resources, a simple venture to chop money again. okay why can the FG invite private sector to do the business, let the private sector collect the parking as usual just tax them.

the NL mumu don jump up as usual celebrating the guy is working.
Make dem give your family the resources abi? angry oponu
Re: 10,000 Capacity Multi-level Car-Park For MMIA by NeoXVI: 6:44pm On Mar 02, 2013
adconline: Fix the AC, elevator/escalator, build a mall like palms or polo park, kick out touts from the airport. Go into PPP with Brolls to build a mall to be annexed to the aiport

My point exactly. You have basics that aren't working, and the next thing you want to do is satisfy your megalomania. Your have a 2 kilometer road to the airport from apapa-oshodi that is in a bad shape. That's the first impression visitors get when they come into the country through lagos. Instead of fixing that, you want to build a 10,000 cap parking lot. For which cars?

PapaBrowne:

Not only do I dislike confident ignorance, I detest it!!"Class B airports with 50 million passengers in the U.S".Like thats news. Except perhaps you live in North Korea and are blocked off Google & Wiki.
First, most of the busiest Airports in US are all class B airport. Atlanta Hatfield which is obviously the busiest in the world is a Class B Airport. The top 15 busiest airports in the USA are all class B airports. Very few class A airports exist and they are not determined by passenger traffic.

And by the way, 4 million International passengers a year is big for Africa, at least it ranks in top 5. About fixing the road, the works ministry has a bigger priority to use its scarce resources on death traps like Benin Ore, Enugu Onitsha, Benin Lokoja road before thinking of beautifying the MMA road. That should not stop the Aviation Ministry from prioritizing a parking lot. Its like telling a Chemistry teacher to stop teaching chemistry because the biology teacher is sick and cant come to school.

Last time I was at Dallas Fort Worth, the airport was undergoing remodelling just like the MMA.It looked like crap to me too. I saw somewhere that it would take 7 years to complete and wondered why so long?? Your mouth like crap. Improvements are being made instead of you to appreciate you are running your mouth. Nothing wrong with critiquing, but let it be constructive. Once again, I dont just dislike confident ignorance, I detest it!!

In your rush to write, you miss the whole point. What's the point of coming here to brag about something we all know you took off wikipedia? Passenger traffic is not the only consideration in the designation of airports, but it certainly is a factor, along with security, ground space, air space and flight level. It certainly connotes importance and prestige in countries where it is used, which is the point I was making. So instead of talking about my mouth......

And saying Dallas airport looked like crap is a big lie. Renovation or not, these guys do everything conscientiously, in an organized fashion, to cause as little disruption as possible. I know. You certainly weren't sweating like a pig when you were there, and you flight wasn't disrupted cos of renovations. And the place CERTAINLY didn't look like crap. So stop lying. The road from MMIA to apapa-oshodi is a very short stretch. Fix that first. Build a better airport, or completely remodel the one you have, then build your 10,000 cap PARKING SPACE. Even an slowpoke should know that that should be the natural progression of things. Stop putting the cart before the horse! Please tell that to your madam! Cheers.

4 Likes

Re: 10,000 Capacity Multi-level Car-Park For MMIA by moonraker(m): 7:28pm On Mar 02, 2013
Neo-XVI:

My point exactly. You have basics that aren't working, and the next thing you want to do is satisfy your megalomania. Your have a 2 kilometer road to the airport from apapa-oshodi that is in a bad shape. That's the first impression visitors get when they come into the country through lagos. Instead of fixing that, you want to build a 10,000 cap parking lot. For which cars?

In your rush to write, you miss the whole point. What's the point of coming here to brag about something we all know you took off wikipedia? Passenger traffic is not the only consideration in the designation of airports, but it certainly is a factor, along with security, ground space, air space and flight level. It certainly connotes importance and prestige in countries where it is used, which is the point I was making. So instead of talking about my mouth......

And saying Dallas airport looked like crap is a big lie. Renovation or not, these guys do everything conscientiously, in an organized fashion, to cause as little disruption as possible. I know. You certainly weren't sweating like a pig when you were there, and you flight wasn't disrupted cos of renovations. And the place CERTAINLY didn't look like crap. So stop lying. The road from MMIA to apapa-oshodi is a very short stretch. Fix that first. Build a better airport, or completely remodel the one you have, then build your 10,000 cap PARKING SPACE. Even an slowpoke should know that that should be the natural progression of things. Stop putting the cart before the horse! Please tell that to your madam! Cheers.

God bless your family.

My thoughts exactly....

I really dont know what is wrong with Nigeria. If i didnt know better, i would have thought that history got screwed up somewhere, as in we were never colonized by

the brits. Organisation ZERO, Priorities ZERO, Maintenance culture uko?? double ZERO angry angry

2 Likes

Re: 10,000 Capacity Multi-level Car-Park For MMIA by bloggernaija: 9:43pm On Mar 02, 2013
Car park,cameras,first lady mission house,mobile phones for farmers ,jonathan airways with more jets than any domestic airline or the military.and people are still asaying this man is not a dullard.Misplaced priorities.
A good leader would rather identify key areas of the economy for temporary rehabilitation while long term plans are made.the newly elected president jonathan goodluck decides that in order to stop the spread of poverty to

1add 2000 mw every year into the power sector for the next 10 years.
2 start a revolution in agriculture leading to food sufficiency by dismantling the agric miniistry which is full of pen pushers and half literate and employing thousand of young energetic graduates in agriculture .these graduates are then trained in the latest agricultural techniques and sent to rural area to assist rural farmers . Funding for this can be obtained by dismantling the NYSC programme which has outlived it's usefulness.
Purchase thousands of tractors and other agricultural implements for distribution to the food basket areas of the country.
3 seek new market for cash crops
4suspend the passenger aspect of the railways in the short term and devote it to the transportation of food and raw material .
5create gathering point along key rail routes to acts as hubs for farmer to get their produce to market.
6this points will be agricultural hubs with banks,insurance companies ,lawyers etc where the farmers can interface with traders and also get the latest prices of their produce. A town like ngwa in Abia,gboko in benue become hubs.
7 talk to people in the transportation business to form private rail companies.while the rail line is owned and mantained by the federal government , the trains are private.
in the long term,most of the raw material would be turned into semi raw material in newly built processing plant and factories before leaving the hubs.
as the cluster of factories became more dense, there was the need for specialist repair or manufacturing plants to service the equipment s in the processing plants.now engineers ,technician etc are needed.
a steel mill and a machine tool company is needed is needed to supply the engineering plants
1the machine tool company is only working at 30% capacity .a bright mechanical engineering student and his electrical engineering pal suggested to the manager that they start manufacturing water pumps,generators and vehicle spare parts.
11the manager says he knows nothing about those things
the student said not to worry.we will just copy the Chinese model
he models are made in the thousands and sold all around Africa after a very rough start
40 years later , the now ex president visits the company,it is now the world's fifth largest engineering company employing over a 500,000 people in nigeCar park,cameras,first lady mission house,mobile phones for farmers ,jonathan airways with more jets than any domestic airline or the military.and people are still asaying this man is not a dullard.Misplaced priorities.
A good leader would rather identify key areas of the economy for temporary rehabilitation while long term plans are made.the newly elected president jonathan goodluck decides that in order to stop the spread of poverty to

1addition of 2000 mw every year into the power sector for the next 10 years.
2a revolution in agriculture leading to food sufficiency by dismantling the agric miniistry which is full of pen pushers and half literate and employing thousand of young energetic graduates in agriculture .these graduates are then trained in the latest agricultural techniques and sent to rural area to assist rural farmers . Funding for this can be obtained by dismantling the NYSC programme which has outlived it's usefulness.
Purchase thousands of tractors and other agricultural implements for distribution to the food basket areas of the country.
3 seek new market for cash crops
4suspend the passenger aspect of the railways in the short term and devote it to the transportation of food and raw material .
5create gathering point along key rail routes to acts as hubs for farmer to get their produce to market.
6this points will be agricultural hubs with banks,insurance companies ,lawyers etc where the farmers can interface with traders and also get the latest prices of their produce. A town like ngwa in Abia,gboko in benue become hubs.
7 talk to people in the transportation business to form private rail companies.while the rail line is owned and mantained by the federal government , the trains are private.
8in the long term,most of the raw material would be turned into semi raw material in newly built processing plant and ifactories before leaving the hubs.
as the cluster of factories becomes more dense, there will be need for specialist repair or manufacturing plants to service the equipment s in the processing plants.now engineers ,technician etc are needed.
9a steel mill and a machine tool company is needed is needed to supply the engineering plants
1the machine tool company is only working at 30% capacity .a bright mechanical engineering student and his electrical engineering pal suggested to the manager that they start manufacturing water pumps,generators and vehicle spare parts.
11the manager says he knows nothing about those things
the student said not to worry.we will just copy the Chinese model
he models are made in the thousands and sold all around Africa after a very rough start
40 years later , the now ex president visits the company,it is now the world's fifth largest engineering company employing over a 500,000 people in nigeria and the most profitable.however the company manager is pensive because breathing down his neck is a competitor the 6th largest and the 7th largest just released a bombastic new product .
the once sleepy towns are now 22nd century financial and industrial juggernaut thriving with culture ,energy and beauty.
Meanwhile ,Nigeria is the world's 5th richest country and and is about to announce a cure for cancer
Even the president is unaware that the small decision that he took against the advise of his aides to concentrate on agriculture rather oil is the main reason why nigeria is now a wealthy
Re: 10,000 Capacity Multi-level Car-Park For MMIA by tomakint: 10:20pm On Mar 02, 2013
Not many will understand the financial contributory factor of having a 10,000-capacity car park in an International Airport in Nigeria! Not many here will give kudos to one of the best (in my own opinion, he is the best for now) President in the history of this country for having his footprint in virtually every sector of the economy just under three years and at the same time managing the crises bedevilling his administration in a matured way expected of a 'focused Leader' his name, Jonathan cool
Re: 10,000 Capacity Multi-level Car-Park For MMIA by godfadda6(m): 10:24pm On Mar 02, 2013
As a individual who has worked at MMIA for close to 8years now, I believe the present minister is trying her best, but I feel there are other facilities that need serious upgrading!

Eg the conveyor belts, the departure level has 4 conveyor belts, that have been installed since 1976, these conveyor belts as so old and worn out that people's bags are damaged when they are sent on it, the conveyor belts at the arrival hall is more appauling, passengers have to wait for 2-3hrs for their bags, I feel these should be improved.

The rest rooms are in a sorry state, we don't need a fancy rest room, we need functional rest rooms!

The elevator is a night mare, I was jammed in it for 45mins, it wasn't a funny sight!

I know and agree the minister is working but these facilities require more urgent attention than the car parks!

My own two cents!

1 Like

Re: 10,000 Capacity Multi-level Car-Park For MMIA by moonraker(m): 10:53pm On Mar 02, 2013
tomakint: Not many will understand the financial contributory factor of having a 10,000-capacity car park in an International Airport in Nigeria! Not many here will give kudos to one of the best (in my own opinion, he is the best for now) President in the history of this country for having his footprint in virtually every sector of the economy just under three years and at the same time managing the crises bedevilling his administration in a matured way expected of a 'focused Leader' his name, Jonathan cool

Ooooooh just sharrrap. No one here critizing Jonathan angry
Re: 10,000 Capacity Multi-level Car-Park For MMIA by tomakint: 10:58pm On Mar 02, 2013
moonraker:

Ooooooh just sharrrap. No one here critizing Jonathan angry
ok sir cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is Your Definition Of Development? / Danjuma Donates N500m To Youth Training Centre / Palestinian Women Take On Israeli Soldier(pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.