Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,217 members, 7,811,606 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:27 PM

See How Much Buhari's Daughter Spent On A Single Flight;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See How Much Buhari's Daughter Spent On A Single Flight;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; (6620 Views)

Wow! See How Much Buhari Aides Get Paid In dollars For Staying In London / $30m Spent On President Buhari's Health By National Security Adviser & NIA - SR / President Buhari’s Daughter, Halima's Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

See How Much Buhari's Daughter Spent On A Single Flight;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; by magicminister: 6:51pm On Apr 19, 2016
After reading https://www.nairaland.com/3057155/hanan-buhari-flies-first-class-london shocked shocked shocked

I decided to run a quick check on how much BA first class seat to london actually costs.
Well, here is a screenshot of it.
You be the judge!

The total cost of the flight for going and returning would be 8030 $$$
Converted in Naira at the rate of 320; that would be 2, 569, 600 Naira
two million, five hundred and sixty nine thousand, six hundred naira.

90% of Nigerians cannot boast of making up to that in a year or two. Even the so-called middle class do not make this much in a year.
Yet, the sixteen year old daughter of a man that claims to have borrowed funds for his election has no problem splurging public funds on that!

is it too much for a 16 year old?
Remember the government has been preaching austerity measure, blaming the masses for the woes of our manufacturing sector and denying much needed forex to the businessmen and students. Yet, our lawmakers imported exotic cars to share among-st themselves.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How Much Buhari's Daughter Spent On A Single Flight;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; by victor2008(m): 6:53pm On Apr 19, 2016
Na ur money,do u pay tax b4 u complain

4 Likes

Re: See How Much Buhari's Daughter Spent On A Single Flight;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; by DonBobes(m): 6:57pm On Apr 19, 2016
We r in trouble in ds country. Can't trust anybody anymore. Jst imagine ds small gal, nw dem go say change, change!

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How Much Buhari's Daughter Spent On A Single Flight;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; by magicminister: 6:59pm On Apr 19, 2016
victor2008:

I am a tax payer.
I own businesses in Nigeria and i have never skipped on my taxes.
I have a say in what happens cos i do not pay so much tax to fund the trips of a 16 year old!!

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How Much Buhari's Daughter Spent On A Single Flight;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; by ozome15(m): 7:08pm On Apr 19, 2016
magicminister:

I am a tax payer.
I have a say in what happens cos i do not pay so much tax to fund the trips of a 16 year old!!
My bro there is nothing you can do. Just take ma as u see ma.

1 Like

Re: See How Much Buhari's Daughter Spent On A Single Flight;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; by youngeagle(m): 7:11pm On Apr 19, 2016
Some people said is her pocket money that she used to pay for the flight...meanwhile our president said he had only #1m in his account a year ago

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See How Much Buhari's Daughter Spent On A Single Flight;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; by ammyluv2002(f): 7:11pm On Apr 19, 2016
I'm not a fan of PMB , but i see nothing wrong in this. She's the president's daughter for crying out loud.

3 Likes

Re: See How Much Buhari's Daughter Spent On A Single Flight;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; by magicminister: 7:12pm On Apr 19, 2016
ozome15:

My bro there is nothing you can do. Just take ma as u see ma.

I am actually more concerned for the masses than i am for myself.
I have done well for myself and regardless of the economic outcome, i will be good for a long while!!
That doesn't mean i am entirely insulated from the inane policies of this administration

14 Likes

Re: See How Much Buhari's Daughter Spent On A Single Flight;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; by Buharism: 7:13pm On Apr 19, 2016
if u want the money come and take it.

2 Likes

Re: See How Much Buhari's Daughter Spent On A Single Flight;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; by magicminister: 7:16pm On Apr 19, 2016
ammyluv2002:
I'm not a fan of PMB , but i see nothing wrong in this. She's the president's daughter for crying out loud.

SHE IS THE DAUGHTER OF A PRESIDENT LEADING A COUNTRY IN A PERIOD OF ECONOMIC HARDSHIP
YOU CANNOT TELL NIGERIANS TO TIGHTEN THEIR BELTS WHILE YOURS IS REALLY LOOSE.
I AM A TAX PAYER AND THE MERE FACT THAT A PART OF MY HARD EARNED FUNDS IS GOING INTO SUCH EXTRAVAGANCE IS JUST REPULSIVE!

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How Much Buhari's Daughter Spent On A Single Flight;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; by Nobody: 7:28pm On Apr 19, 2016
Somebody cannot travel fezz class again ?

2 Likes

Re: See How Much Buhari's Daughter Spent On A Single Flight;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; by magicminister: 7:30pm On Apr 19, 2016
joeblaze:
Somebody cannot travel fezz class again ?

Politicians should not fly first class.
Only the number and two man of this country should enjoy such privilege.
But then again, the number and two man got private jets.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See How Much Buhari's Daughter Spent On A Single Flight;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; by ogawisdom(m): 7:43pm On Apr 19, 2016
Chai Buhari is a hypocrite dt lied his way to power. Meanwhile his incompetent government has impoverished Nigerians angry

12 Likes

Re: See How Much Buhari's Daughter Spent On A Single Flight;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; by Amberon11: 8:05pm On Apr 19, 2016
O.P how dare you say our middle class don't even make that much in a year or two??

Not everyone is broke pls.
Re: See How Much Buhari's Daughter Spent On A Single Flight;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; by onexile: 8:05pm On Apr 19, 2016
Buhari is a fraud. Do not be deceived, Buhari is the greatest corrupt man ever known to mankind!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How Much Buhari's Daughter Spent On A Single Flight;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; by magicminister: 8:24pm On Apr 19, 2016
Amberon11:
O.P how dare you say our middle class don't even make that much in a year or two??

Not everyone is broke pls.

The middle class in Nigeria earns like 97,500k per month.
That is 1.1 million per year.
That is not even up to the amount spent by buhari's dota on first class lol!!

http://africanbusinessmagazine.com/region/continental/how-big-really-is-africas-middle-class/

the african busines magazine link clearly defines the middle class in Nigeria.

Of course, not everyone s broke but more than 90% of the population are struggling to make ends meet on a daily basis.

the rest fall into the middle class while 0.1 percent fall into the super rich... go figure!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How Much Buhari's Daughter Spent On A Single Flight;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; by Nobody: 8:25pm On Apr 19, 2016
magicminister:

I am a tax payer.
you dey mind that gorilla baboon! He didn't know one has paid Tax when u buy #100 airtime

5 Likes

Re: See How Much Buhari's Daughter Spent On A Single Flight;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; by mrbillz(m): 8:25pm On Apr 19, 2016
I won't comment yet
Re: See How Much Buhari's Daughter Spent On A Single Flight;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; by Nobody: 8:26pm On Apr 19, 2016
victor2008:
He pays indirectly
Re: See How Much Buhari's Daughter Spent On A Single Flight;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; by Nobody: 8:28pm On Apr 19, 2016
ammyluv2002:
If she's the president's daughter, her father should practice what he preach.

3 Likes

Re: See How Much Buhari's Daughter Spent On A Single Flight;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; by totorimi: 8:55pm On Apr 19, 2016
The man said those who cannot afford to pay such its their hard luck. Me I reject it in my life and family i only pity those zombies that do not see anything wrong with a man who wants to be the only one good things should come to the rest can go and die as exemplified by Oshiomoale and the pinchomic one in Kaduna.
Re: See How Much Buhari's Daughter Spent On A Single Flight;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; by Almajiri1: 9:01pm On Apr 19, 2016
All Nigerian politicians are corrupt, Buhari is a Nigerian politician. Therefore, Buhari is corrupt.

This amount is capable of taking care of 20 Almajiri's up to university level.

3 Likes

Re: See How Much Buhari's Daughter Spent On A Single Flight;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; by Jirate(m): 9:08pm On Apr 19, 2016
ammyluv2002:

How can a zombie like You see anything wrong with what ever Buhari does?, he can even poo poo into your plate of food and you would gladly consume it.
The double standard is the Issue here, GEJ is not like that, he will not come out to tell Nigerians what he and his cannot take, what he says in secrets is what he will say openly. But Buhari is not like that, he will ask others not to fly first class but his pets will fly first class what ever the cost.
He is a man full of inconsistencies.

5 Likes

Re: See How Much Buhari's Daughter Spent On A Single Flight;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; by Almajiri1: 9:12pm On Apr 19, 2016
Jirate:

How can a zombie like You see anything wrong with what ever Buhari does?, he can even poo poo into your plate of food and you would gladly consume it.
The double standard is the Issue here, GEJ is not like that, he will not come out to tell Nigerians what he and his cannot take, what he says in secrets is what he will say openly. But Buhari is not like that, he will ask others not to fly first class but his pets will fly first class what ever the cost.
Buhari says his family can enjoy all premium luxuries now cos he has won elections and can afford it after drinking sachet Milo of 10 Naira and borrowing bank loan to buy nomination form.

1 Like

Re: See How Much Buhari's Daughter Spent On A Single Flight;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; by Remii(m): 9:14pm On Apr 19, 2016
Do you know when the ticket was bought, try booking again with travel date in November 2016. Meanwhile, the rule is if you can afford it, don't use govt money.
Re: See How Much Buhari's Daughter Spent On A Single Flight;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; by ammyluv2002(f): 9:28pm On Apr 19, 2016
Jirate:

Dude, there's a place where they help peeps like you to be a better person. I think, you seriously need to visit that place... undecided

1 Like

Re: See How Much Buhari's Daughter Spent On A Single Flight;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; by gemale(m): 9:31pm On Apr 19, 2016
victor2008:
Nna dts off point. d ques is hw dt small pikin c such money blow? Na her papa gv am? If yes, shey no b 4rm govt coffers it comot? No dey try shift 4rm d topic.

1 Like

Re: See How Much Buhari's Daughter Spent On A Single Flight;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; by gebest: 9:35pm On Apr 19, 2016
Bros if na u, u go do worse than that, so leave the girl alone wailing wailers.
Re: See How Much Buhari's Daughter Spent On A Single Flight;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; by totorimi: 10:13pm On Apr 19, 2016
I can tell you I smell trouble

1 Like

Re: See How Much Buhari's Daughter Spent On A Single Flight;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; by Jumbledwords: 10:17pm On Apr 19, 2016
I don't really care for issues surrounding politics/politicians but what exactly is the bone of contention here? Do people really think the president can't afford to pay for the trip on his own dime? How/why are people concluding that it came from the country's purse? If you have concrete evidence, please put it forward.
Re: See How Much Buhari's Daughter Spent On A Single Flight;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; by magicminister: 10:20pm On Apr 19, 2016
Remii:
Do you know when the ticket was bought, try booking again with travel date in November 2016. Meanwhile, the rule is if you can afford it, don't use govt money.

i travel frequently.
non-economy flight fares do not change alot.
I simply mean that apart from the economy cabin and economy plus,
business class and first class seats can only get more expensive!
Re: See How Much Buhari's Daughter Spent On A Single Flight;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; by magicminister: 10:23pm On Apr 19, 2016
Jumbledwords:
I don't really care for issues surrounding politics/politicians but what exactly is the bone of contention here? Do people really think the president can't afford to pay for the trip on his own dime? How/why are people concluding that it came from the country's purse? If you have concrete evidence, please put it forward.

the contention here is that buhari has been shouting austerity measure yet, he (his family) and his cronies are living like arab kings!
The office of the presidency is funded by tax payers money.
His salary and allowances are all tax payers money. Even his meals come from tax payers money.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Set To Become Cement-exporting Nation — Dangote! / Saudi Agrees To Accept Deported Pilgrims / What Is Your Definition Of Development?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.