Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,632 members, 7,847,640 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 11:09 PM

Nigerian Farmers Are Using Tractors Again To Feed The Nation Picture. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Farmers Are Using Tractors Again To Feed The Nation Picture. (1374 Views)

I'm Not Ready To Feed My Husband In Prison - First Lady / Nigerian Soldier: "We Are Using Old Tanks Since 1976 To Fight Boko Haram" - BBC / Man Sleeping While INEC Chairman Was Adressing The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Farmers Are Using Tractors Again To Feed The Nation Picture. by backtosender: 4:29pm On Mar 02, 2013
Nigerian Farmers are using Tractors Again to Feed the Nation.

*Govt provided Equipment.
*Provided Free Farming seeds.
*Technical support to both corporate farmers and rural Farmers.
*No More Middle men on sale of Fertilizer.
*Export of cassava for the first time in Nigerian History. $600M made in 2012.
*Our Farmers see themselves now as Business people and not the traditional farming to feed on the family.
*Nigeria stopped importing rice on January 1, 2013. Engaging in mass production to reduce the price.

This is Just the beginning. Join hands to change Nigeria!

Join: Re-Elect President Goodluck Jonathan Today!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Farmers Are Using Tractors Again To Feed The Nation Picture. by NeoXVI: 4:35pm On Mar 02, 2013
Provide verifiable sources for each of your claims. Anything short of that makes you sound like a campaigner
Re: Nigerian Farmers Are Using Tractors Again To Feed The Nation Picture. by Blyss: 4:46pm On Mar 02, 2013
backtosender: Nigerian Farmers are using Tractors Again to Feed the Nation.

*Our Farmers see themselves now as Business people and not the traditional farming to feed on the family.
*Nigeria stopped importing rice on January 1, 2013. Engaging in mass production to reduce the price.

Actually Johnathan had very little to do with the nations agricultural turn around, it was really do to the work of the OBJ administration.
Re: Nigerian Farmers Are Using Tractors Again To Feed The Nation Picture. by Nobody: 5:28pm On Mar 02, 2013
@Op..,No doubt GEJ is doing very well but even in our support for the president, we should provide truthful information. The importation of rice has NOT been stopped. Govt only increased duties on imported rice to encourage local production. I think the plan is to ban importation of rice by 2015 after ramping up local production
Re: Nigerian Farmers Are Using Tractors Again To Feed The Nation Picture. by Nobody: 5:41pm On Mar 02, 2013
Blyss:

Actually Johnathan had very little to do with the nations agricultural turn around, it was really do to the work of the OBJ administration.
1 million likes
Re: Nigerian Farmers Are Using Tractors Again To Feed The Nation Picture. by Egbagirl(f): 7:20pm On Mar 02, 2013
Beti whai? Brother OP, you have attached a picture to show support your claim? Is this photo taken from Nigeria? How recent is it?
Re: Nigerian Farmers Are Using Tractors Again To Feed The Nation Picture. by Egbagirl(f): 7:23pm On Mar 02, 2013
Is the guy in the pic one of the farmers? And is that one of the tractors? Where is this?
Re: Nigerian Farmers Are Using Tractors Again To Feed The Nation Picture. by Nobody: 7:29pm On Mar 02, 2013
http://www.agfax.net/radio/detail.php?i=421&s=t

Tractors fill the rural labour shortage

A partnership of public and private sector organisations is working to make tractors available to small and medium scale farmers in Nigeria

Clearing or digging land in preparation for planting is very hard physical work. But in many parts of rural Africa, there is a terrible shortage of people who are willing or able to do this work, and as a result, crops tend to be planted late and yields are far below what they should be. But in Nigeria's northern Kaduna state, a partnership of public and private sector organisations is implementing a scheme to make tractors available to ordinary farmers, either through sale or hire. As a result, farmers have expanded their production and begun to sell their crops in higher-paying regional markets. Aveseh Asough speaks to some of those behind the project, as well as to farmers who have benefited, and enjoys some powerful singing along the way.
Re: Nigerian Farmers Are Using Tractors Again To Feed The Nation Picture. by mojounited(m): 7:38pm On Mar 02, 2013
Nice! Hope it gets sustained...
Re: Nigerian Farmers Are Using Tractors Again To Feed The Nation Picture. by Egbagirl(f): 8:00pm On Mar 02, 2013
All I see is imaged taken from google and posted on here. Where is the evidence to show that it is the Federal govt/GEJ's administration? Btw, OP, that your pciture was taken off the World Bank's website. I asked all those questions to verify the source of the picture.

Rossike, I read your post and went to the link you provided and read the full interview (from 2011) which you did not post on here. I still did not see the "GEJ" hand in it o.

I am not disputing what the OP said. I'm only asking for the right evidence/proof to support the OP's claim.
Re: Nigerian Farmers Are Using Tractors Again To Feed The Nation Picture. by Nobody: 8:05pm On Mar 02, 2013
Egba girl: All I see is imaged taken from google and posted on here. Where is the evidence to show that it is the Federal govt/GEJ's administration? Btw, OP, that your pciture was taken off the World Bank's website. I asked all those questions to verify the source of the picture.

Rossike, I read your post and went to the link you provided and read the full interview (from 2011) which you did not post on here. I still did not see the "GEJ" hand in it o.

I am not disputing what the OP said. I'm only asking for the right evidence/proof to support the OP's claim.

What exactly do you want to see? A truck with GEJ's name emblazoned on it? You people are really funny. Or you want GEJ to stand beside the trucks to prove he's responsible for them? Sorry, but Mr President is a very busy man with no time for such pursuits.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Farmers Are Using Tractors Again To Feed The Nation Picture. by specialguest(f): 8:48pm On Mar 02, 2013
I thought I was going to see "Nigerian farmers are now using mobile phones to farm". I heard GEJ"s administration is giving out pleeeeeeenty phones to the farmers so they can use it a farming tool ( nokia for weeding, samsung for ploughing and blackberry for harvesting) correct me if I am wrong.
Re: Nigerian Farmers Are Using Tractors Again To Feed The Nation Picture. by thelastPope(m): 9:02pm On Mar 02, 2013
ROSSIKE:

What exactly do you want to see? A truck with GEJ's name emblazoned on it? You people are really funny. Or you want GEJ to stand beside the trucks to prove he's responsible for them? Sorry, but Mr President is a very busy man with no time for such pursuits.

This got me really cracking. Maybe the farmers should all get GEJ to sign on the yams. lol
Re: Nigerian Farmers Are Using Tractors Again To Feed The Nation Picture. by thelastPope(m): 9:05pm On Mar 02, 2013
ROSSIKE:

Re: Nigerian Farmers Are Using Tractors Again To Feed The Nation Picture. by 4Play(m): 10:58pm On Mar 02, 2013
The politics section seems to have been taken over by paid political agents. If they're not opening threads to celebrate Govs walking the streets of Maiduguri, it's farmers using tractors.
Re: Nigerian Farmers Are Using Tractors Again To Feed The Nation Picture. by tomakint: 11:32pm On Mar 02, 2013
Another quality project from the staple of Jonathan's Administration!
Re: Nigerian Farmers Are Using Tractors Again To Feed The Nation Picture. by Obiora4life: 12:00am On Mar 03, 2013
backtosender: Nigerian Farmers are using Tractors Again to Feed the Nation.

Oops, did someone say $600million? shocked shocked shocked

Where's Omo_Tier who said Nigeria doesn't export, even when I tried explaining it to him Nigeria now exports raw Agricultural produce... GOOD ONE GEJ

(1) (Reply)

What US EMBASSY Website Says About NIGERIA / Question To All Nairalanders. / Power: Jonathan Presents Licences, Shares Certificates To 14 New Owners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.