Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

Gunmen Threw Grenade In to A Mosque In Jos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gunmen Threw Grenade In to A Mosque In Jos (17048 Views)

Patience Jonathan Threw Bianca Ojukwu Out Of Aso Rock For Flirting With GEJ-Kemi / Gov. Rauf Aregbesola Threw Cash & Recharge Cards On His Way To APC Campaign / Militants Kill 44 In A Mosque In Borno. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunmen Threw Grenade In to A Mosque In Jos by humanshado: 5:52pm On Mar 02, 2013
What would have turned out a bloody attack in Jos, Plateau State capital was Friday night averted by men of the Special Task Force (STF) as unknown gunmen, threw a 36-Hand Grenade in to a Mosque located at Bukuru Expressway, in Jos South Local Government Area of the state.

But before it went off, the STF men had taken charge and detonated the grenade.

A witness said at least 10 persons were observing their prayers in the mosque when the grenade was thrown, and immediately followed by sporadic gunshots.

Confirming the incident, the Media and Information Officer of the STF, Captain Salisu Mustapha in a statement said “this is to inform the general public and good people of Plateau State that there was an attempted explosion at a mosque located along Bukuru Expressway in Jos South Local Government Area Saturday at about 8:30 pm.

www.thisdaylive.com/articles/worshipers-escape-death-as-gunmen-throw-grenade-into-mosque/141018/
Re: Gunmen Threw Grenade In to A Mosque In Jos by Nobody: 6:07pm On Mar 02, 2013
I hope this isn't true.
If it is then thank God nobody was hurt.

I wouldn't be surprised if some loving and tolerant Christians come to this thread to express disappointment about the fact that Muslims didn't die in the attack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxTAOEkzUCs

4 Likes

Re: Gunmen Threw Grenade In to A Mosque In Jos by Maxymilliano(m): 7:23pm On Mar 02, 2013
fellis: I hope this isn't true.

I wouldn't be surprised if some loving and tolerant Christians come to this thread to express disappointment about the fact that Muslims didn't die in the attack.

But you already set the tone...

13 Likes

Re: Gunmen Threw Grenade In to A Mosque In Jos by Nobody: 7:44pm On Mar 02, 2013
Maxymilliano:

But you already set the tone...

Set the tone how? I didn't set any tone for anything. They have done something like that before so I was saying I wouldn't be surprised if they repeat it.

4 Likes

Re: Gunmen Threw Grenade In to A Mosque In Jos by doctokwus: 8:00pm On Mar 02, 2013
Grenade was thrown into d mosque,but it ddnt explode,d JTF den came& denoted it,probably d grenade was waiting for d JTF to come& show their detonating skills.If a proper investigation is done,I wudnt b surprised if it wasn't actually a grenade,just sth dat luks lik.Moreover y throw a grenade in a congregation Of just 10 worshippers.I doubt d truthfulness of dis story,sounds like d typical nigerian hearsay frm probably a 5th person account.
Am however,not doubting d intent,just doubt d details of d intent

35 Likes

Re: Gunmen Threw Grenade In to A Mosque In Jos by Nobody: 8:20pm On Mar 02, 2013
doctokwus: If a proper investigation is done,I wudnt b surprised if it wasn't actually a grenade,just sth dat luks lik.Moreover while throw a grenade in a congregation Of just 10 worshippers.I doubt d truthfulness of dis story,sounds like d typical nigerian hearsay frm probably a 5th person account.

Here we go.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Threw Grenade In to A Mosque In Jos by AustineE1: 9:07pm On Mar 02, 2013
...i wldnt want to sound as if i care less about muslims but the truth of the matter is that this story looks quite funny and more like a cooked up story!why wld gun men throw grenades in a mosque of just about 10 worshipers and grenades as we all know,will definately explode within seconds!more so they were armed with guns,one wld expect them to ve entered the mosque and riddle the worshipers with bullets,but rather they choose to be shooting the sky,while running away...which is far from the modus operandi of either boko haram,Ansaru or Hausa fulani gun men!i just hope the 'usual' fifth columnist,is nt trying to forment another crisis in Jos!in other words,this is just another make believe attack,unlike the ones witnessed at churches in the north!....am greatful to God no life was lost!!!

14 Likes

Re: Gunmen Threw Grenade In to A Mosque In Jos by jesse8048(m): 3:23am On Mar 03, 2013
Now I no there are two types of grenade, d one that explode faster in church and the one that dont explode at all in d mosque. But seriously I tot grenade explode in seconds, though I saw it in foreign movies. How come JTF came before it's explosion, just curious. Wow our JTF can now arrive bomb seen within seconds. Hahahaha, dancing azonto and etighi remix for d writer of this story.

32 Likes

Re: Gunmen Threw Grenade In to A Mosque In Jos by malele(m): 7:23am On Mar 03, 2013
This news is a lie, it takes grenade only 10seconds or less to explode .
How jtf or stf take diffuse am. Besides I never hear say grenade can be diffused.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Threw Grenade In to A Mosque In Jos by PointB: 2:44pm On Mar 03, 2013
malele: This news is a lie, it takes grenade only 10seconds or less to explode .
How jtf or stf take diffuse am. Besides I never hear say grenade can be diffused.

I tire ooo. grin grin grin grin

This news is obviously cooked as part of the islamic militants propaganda to deflect attention for their dastard terrorism.
Re: Gunmen Threw Grenade In to A Mosque In Jos by Paschal007: 3:01pm On Mar 03, 2013
fellis: I hope this isn't true.

Yes this kinda lie is quite disappointing, go back to your brothers and tell em what they are selling we ain't buying. cool JTF abi STF don dey form James Bond abi,, defusing grenade. Smh

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Threw Grenade In to A Mosque In Jos by Nobody: 3:08pm On Mar 03, 2013
Paschal007: Yes this kinda lie is quite disappointing, go back to your brothers and tell em what they are selling we ain't buying. cool JTF abi STF don dey form James Bond abi,, defusing grenade. Smh

If the safety pin is not released from a grenade before it is thrown, then it will not explode on impact and the grenade can actually be taken in by bomb experts for diffusion.
Re: Gunmen Threw Grenade In to A Mosque In Jos by malele(m): 3:27pm On Mar 03, 2013
Are u daft, who throws grenade at people with the intention of killing them, that won't remove the pin of the grenade

10 Likes

Re: Gunmen Threw Grenade In to A Mosque In Jos by Nobody: 3:29pm On Mar 03, 2013
Re: Gunmen Threw Grenade In to A Mosque In Jos by Nobody: 3:36pm On Mar 03, 2013
fellis:

If the safety pin is not released from a grenade before it is thrown, then it will not explode on impact and the grenade can actually be taken in by bomb experts for diffusion.
how do you 'diffuse' a grenade that still has its safety pin? wetin man no go hear
jesse8048: Now I no there are two types of grenade, d one that explode faster in church and the one that dont explode at all in d mosque. But seriously I tot grenade explode in seconds, though I saw it in foreign movies. How come JTF came before it's explosion, just curious. Wow our JTF can now arrive bomb seen within seconds. Hahahaha, dancing azonto and etighi remix for d writer of this story.
abi o. dont mind dem, dey tink we are all numb-skulls like their almajiri kids.

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Threw Grenade In to A Mosque In Jos by tashanja(m): 4:23pm On Mar 03, 2013
The story doesn't quite rhyme, however, there are three possible epxlanations: a) It was a grenade which failed to detonate as intended, therefore allowing jTF time to arrive and safely defuse it. b) It was not a grenade but possibly an IED mistaken for a grenade, which also failed to explode. c) The story was fabricated or at least distorted from its basic form.
Either way, its still a disturbing developement against our peaceful coexistence.

5 Likes

Re: Gunmen Threw Grenade In to A Mosque In Jos by wazobiaforu(m): 6:58pm On Mar 03, 2013
This news is LIE,FRAUD .... Make this people stop playing with our intelligent naw , abi aye yin fe baje ni?

From the begining of the news i know very well that it will be detonated .. Frame liessssssssss

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Threw Grenade In to A Mosque In Jos by Nobody: 10:34pm On Mar 03, 2013
And as usual the bomb never went off as in all mosque bombings
Who are they deceiving with these fake stories

3 Likes

Re: Gunmen Threw Grenade In to A Mosque In Jos by WHIZBRO(m): 10:34pm On Mar 03, 2013
Why is it that it is the mosque grenades that don't go off but the one thrown in churches go off with alarming alacrity? Jez asking undecided

P.s I'm not a bigot and yes, I'm a Christian

7 Likes

Re: Gunmen Threw Grenade In to A Mosque In Jos by GeneralJ(m): 10:35pm On Mar 03, 2013
fellis:

So u really think they will be that stupid to just trow in a grenade, without pulling the pin, think abouut it... maybe it was just a warning to ur brothers and sisters to stop attacking christains, cuz, i'm pretty sure, even if christains don't fight back the Jos natives, who are not muslims will definelty resist the stupid islamists
Bleep Islam
Re: Gunmen Threw Grenade In to A Mosque In Jos by Nobody: 10:37pm On Mar 03, 2013
Glad that people can see through their propaganda
Re: Gunmen Threw Grenade In to A Mosque In Jos by Proffdada: 10:39pm On Mar 03, 2013
Maybe the terrorists didn't read the manual well: REMOVE PIN THEN THROW
grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Gunmen Threw Grenade In to A Mosque In Jos by COOLDUN: 10:40pm On Mar 03, 2013
Wonders shall never end mostly in Nigeria, Friday prayers in a northern city mosque of only 10 worshipers, 36 hand grenades no one exploded till the JTF bomb experts arrived and detonated the grenades or bombs?

This is a great miracle of the year, but my question is why are the Christians in their worshiping places are not all these lucky? I have never heard of any aborted attacks at the churches in the northern cities for ones.

Anyway I plead to the JTF to extend this perfect work of detonating bombs/grenades at all other worshiping places in the northern cities. Na waooooo miracle have started happening in Nigeria. Good news.

But i will only believe this news when Nigeria begin to have 24/7 hrs un interrupted light.

5 Likes

Re: Gunmen Threw Grenade In to A Mosque In Jos by bornosheikh: 10:41pm On Mar 03, 2013
doctokwus: If a proper investigation is done,I wudnt b surprised if it wasn't actually a grenade,just sth dat luks lik.Moreover while throw a grenade in a congregation Of just 10 worshippers.I doubt d truthfulness of dis story,sounds like d typical nigerian hearsay frm probably a 5th person account.

MARCH MUMU COMPETITION IS OVER! tongue tongue
Re: Gunmen Threw Grenade In to A Mosque In Jos by lacasa: 10:41pm On Mar 03, 2013
Thank God it didn't go off!.

Those Birom people should be investigated, they dnt wan peeace to reign in Jos bt God pass them

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Threw Grenade In to A Mosque In Jos by JideTheBlogger(m): 10:43pm On Mar 03, 2013
babyosisi: And as usual the bomb never went off as in all mosque bombings
Who are they deceiving with these fake stories

Na Allah dey protect the mosques ooo

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Threw Grenade In to A Mosque In Jos by ziccoit: 10:45pm On Mar 03, 2013
All of you doubting the authenticity of this story should do the following

1. Change "hand grenade" to " bombs" in that report. if you still doubt the story you may be a realist

2. Change " mosque" to church and see if you still doubt the story. if you are, you may be a realist.

3. Change " mosque" and "hand grenade" to " church" and " bomb". If you can believe the story, you are a bigot to the core.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Threw Grenade In to A Mosque In Jos by Nobody: 10:45pm On Mar 03, 2013
Oh dear. These guys think everyone is as daft as them.

Thank goodness people can see between their poor attempt at stirring passion.

You do not need any newspapers or news channel to tell you who trouble-makers are.

By their fruits you shall know them.

An orage three cannot bring forth banana.

4 Likes

Re: Gunmen Threw Grenade In to A Mosque In Jos by mmmustapha(m): 10:45pm On Mar 03, 2013
Criminals xtians

7 Likes

Re: Gunmen Threw Grenade In to A Mosque In Jos by beautiful80: 10:49pm On Mar 03, 2013
why do people like spreading things that they are not sure of i have been passin bukuru express road and i have never seen a mosque around that side so why this lie pls....

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Threw Grenade In to A Mosque In Jos by noskeybaba: 10:49pm On Mar 03, 2013
They are blood thirst. They need blood for their islamic ritual. So they framed this story to have reason to attack churches. Just take a look at this» »

“this is to inform
the general public and good people of Plateau State that there was an attempted explosion at a mosque located along Bukuru Expressway in Jos South Local Government Area Saturday at about 8:30 pm.

What does it portray?

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Threw Grenade In to A Mosque In Jos by greall1: 10:52pm On Mar 03, 2013
PPLE STILL LIVING IN JOS?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Baby Dedication Of Senator Ita-Giwa's Grandson (Photos) / Ebelechukwu Obiano Campaigns At The Market, Shares APGA Polos To Traders (Photos / Kassim Mohammad Sues Buhari For Failing To Declare His Presidential Ambition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.