Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,800 members, 7,817,314 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

Trying To Conceive Twins - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive Twins (36918 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trying To Conceive Twins by luvme2(f): 6:47pm On Mar 02, 2013
This thread for women who are TTC twins. Also for women who have twins to share how they conceived theirs.
I've heard of several different natural ways to conceive twins such as taking folic acid supplements, taking diary products such as milk and eating cassava root among others.
I've also heard that taking fertility drugs such as clomid may also help.
This is for those who are TTC for the first time and for those have had children before and want to conceive twins.
Those who have tried something that worked for them, should please share their stories too.

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive Twins by YorubaOmoge: 6:50pm On Mar 02, 2013
Madam, I believe Ekiti and Ondo women have the largest population of multiple births in Nigeria due to their high level of yam/cassava consumption.

You could try adding yam to your diet.

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive Twins by luvme2(f): 7:10pm On Mar 02, 2013
^^^Ok, but have u tried it? Do u know anyone who is not frm Ekiti or Ondo who has tried it and it worked?
Re: Trying To Conceive Twins by YorubaOmoge: 7:56pm On Mar 02, 2013
luvme2: ^^^Ok, but have u tried it? Do u know anyone who is not frm Ekiti or Ondo who has tried it and it worked?

I'm not trying to have kids. No, I do not know. I'm just basing my assumptions on "factual" articles.
Re: Trying To Conceive Twins by luvissweet2f(f): 10:14pm On Mar 02, 2013
luvme2: This thread for women who are TTC twins. Also for women who have twins to share how they conceived theirs.
I've heard of several different natural ways to conceive twins such as taking folic acid supplements, taking diary products such as milk and eating cassava root among others.
I've also heard that taking fertility drugs such as clomid may also help.
This is for those who are TTC for the first time and for those have had children before and want to conceive twins.
Those who have tried something that worked for them, should please share their stories too.
Well, nice one @ OP. I hav a friend who has been tryin 2 conceive twins for her first two babies. Though she didn't do it naturally(she used clomid) it never worked 4 her. She always ended up having jst one child each time. N I've heard of d side effects of using clomid. I'ld really like 2 know all d tricks involved cos I'll like 2 hav my own twins someday *winks*.
following...
Re: Trying To Conceive Twins by baruwainfo: 10:25pm On Mar 02, 2013
My wife always wanted twins but I prefer one kid at a time.
Seems like most women prefer having twins 2 having one baby @ a time. I just don't understand it.
Having one is enough stress already.

5 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive Twins by YorubaOmoge: 1:24am On Mar 03, 2013
baruwa@info:
My wife always wanted twins but I prefer one kid at a time.
Seems like most women prefer having twins 2 having one baby @ a time. I just don't understand it.
Having one is enough stress already.

Women see multiple birth as something exotic. Makes sense cause women naturally enjoy multiplying their stress.

6 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive Twins by luvme2(f): 6:00am On Mar 03, 2013
Yoruba_Omoge:

Women see multiple birth as something exotic. Makes sense cause women naturally enjoy multiplying their stress.
Not true. Infact, having twins prevents the stress of going through pregnancy and labour twice. It might be stressful 2 bring them up. But when they r grown, you'll reap the fruits of your labour.

4 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive Twins by luvme2(f): 6:09am On Mar 03, 2013
luvissweet2(f):

Well, nice one @ OP. I hav a friend who has been tryin 2 conceive twins for her first two babies. Though she didn't do it naturally(she used clomid) it never worked 4 her. She always ended up having jst one child each time. N I've heard of d side effects of using clomid. I'ld really like 2 know all d tricks involved cos I'll like 2 hav my own twins someday *winks*.
following...
Thanks.
Your friend will do better with the help of a good GYN.
About clomid ant its side effects:
Clomid (clomiphene citrate) is a nonsteroidal, ovulatory stimulant used to treat ovulatory dysfunction and polycystic ovary syndrome in women who, after other reasons for pregnancy failure have been ruled out, desire pregnancy and follow additional instructions that make pregnancy more likely to occur with this drug use (see below about dosage and use). In addition, these women and their sperm donors usually need to undergo a number of tests scheduled by their OB-GYN doctor before this drug is started. Generic Clomid is available under many names but the generic name is clomiphene citrate. Common side effects of Clomid may be abnormal vaginal bleeding, breast discomfort, headache, and GI symptoms of nausea and vomiting.

Clomid is available in 50 mg tablets. Treatment of the selected patient should begin with a low dose, 50 mg daily (1 tablet) for 5 days; dose changes are made by the treating physician. The first dose should occur on the 5th day of the female's ovulatory cycle and then subsequent doses at about the same time of day for a total of 5 days. Patients should be familiar with their ovulatory cycle so that properly timed coitus and ovulation stimulated by the drug occur. Long term therapy (past 6 cycles) is not recommended to avoid possible increases in cancer risk. Serious side effects of Clomid include shortness of breath, seizures, stroke, chest pain, vision changes, GI symptoms of pain and swelling. Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome may occur (ovarian enlargement, severe GI symptoms, abdominal swelling, shortness of breath, pleural effusions, decreased urination). Patients should seek medical care if these serious symptoms develop. This drug is not for use in males or pediatric patients; studies on its excretion in breast milk have not been done.
Well. Good luck to your friend.
Re: Trying To Conceive Twins by luvme2(f): 12:31pm On Mar 04, 2013
This thread will not be allowed to die. I need answers.
Re: Trying To Conceive Twins by luvme2(f): 12:35pm On Mar 04, 2013
Sorry, guys was away for some time. This thread has to be kept alive.
Re: Trying To Conceive Twins by Blendy77(f): 5:12pm On Mar 04, 2013
This thread must not die by fire by force (lol).
Back to serious bizness, there's this yam they eat in some of the western states like Ondo and ekiti and studies have shown its responsible for the high number of multiple births experienced in that region. I think they have the highest Kehindes and Taiwos in Naija.
Am a mother of twin boys but mine is not natural as they were conceived via ivf so u might want to consider it too if u're really serious about conceiving twins. Clomid also works with ovulation triggering injections but not all the time. The easiest is when you have twins in your family as in it runs in your genes. Maybe your mother, father, grand father or mother is an identical twin, then there is probabily that u will give birth to twins. All the best.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive Twins by luvme2(f): 9:36pm On Mar 13, 2013
Blendy77: This thread must not die by fire by force (lol).
Back to serious bizness, there's this yam they eat in some of the western states like Ondo and ekiti and studies have shown its responsible for the high number of multiple births experienced in that region. I think they have the highest Kehindes and Taiwos in Naija.
Am a mother of twin boys but mine is not natural as they were conceived via ivf so u might want to consider it too if u're really serious about conceiving twins. Clomid also works with ovulation triggering injections but not all the time. The easiest is when you have twins in your family as in it runs in your genes. Maybe your mother, father, grand father or mother is an identical twin, then there is probabily that u will give birth to twins. All the best.
Thanks dear, but I've also heard of high failure rates of IVF and the cost is just too much for one to take chances.
Re: Trying To Conceive Twins by luvissweet2f(f): 11:14am On Nov 04, 2013
Jst came across this thread...
Re: Trying To Conceive Twins by TeeiWi(m): 12:04pm On Nov 04, 2013
Funny ao life is...people who don't rily wish or pray 4 it sometimes naturally seems 2 hit the "jackpot"...I m gallantly followin this thread coz ama want a twin too
Re: Trying To Conceive Twins by luvissweet2f(f): 2:21pm On Nov 04, 2013
Teei-Wi:
Funny ao life is...people who don't rily wish or pray 4 it sometimes naturally seems 2 hit the "jackpot"...I m gallantly followin this thread coz ama want a twin too
So true! It's hereditary though(from the woman's side oo).
Re: Trying To Conceive Twins by Babybox: 4:23pm On Nov 04, 2013
I soooo want twins too and am gonna make some research .hmmm
Re: Trying To Conceive Twins by Aminat508(f): 8:13pm On Nov 04, 2013
me too, i need twins o... Wetin i go do, am stil a virgin anyway..
Re: Trying To Conceive Twins by luvissweet2f(f): 5:42am On Nov 05, 2013
Babybox: I soooo want twins too and am gonna make some research .hmmm
Pls get back to us as soon as u r done with ur research oo.
Re: Trying To Conceive Twins by Babybox: 9:18am On Nov 05, 2013
Here's what i got from Dr Google:
Here are some natural ways to increase your chance of conceiving twins.
-
1)It is quite obvious that being in a perfect reproductive condition will increase your chances of having twins. Being in a good reproductive state will increase your chances of conceiving period. To achieve perfect reproductive state to increase your chances of having twins there are many herbs, vitamins and minerals that you can take. These are things such as folic acid, calcium and magnesium.
-
2)Taking a daily Folic Acid supplement will help you have twins. There is a lot of Folic Acid in orange juice but you can also take a Folic Acid supplement. It is recommended that you take 400 mcg of folic acid a day when you are trying to conceive anyways.
-
3)Dairy is known to increase your chances of having multiples. Having a diet high in dairy can increase your chances of having multiples by five times!
-
4)Eating the peelings off of a Yam called Cassava Root will also help your chances of having multiples. A study has shown a small town in Africa having the highest multiple birth rate in the world. They soon came to the conclusion it was because of their high diet of this Yam.
-
5)Calcium tablets are a great way to increase your calcium intake but buy the ones that come with magnesium. If you have a magnesium deficiency your body will not be able to digest all of the calcium. You must also take them with food as calcium is one of the vitamins that can not be absorbed without food.
-
6)Acupuncture is supposed to help stimulate the ovaries which can help them release more than one egg during ovulation.
-
7)An old wives tales states that if you do not orgasm your chances of having multiples will increase. I do not agree with this because when you ovulate your cervix dips down like an ant-eater. So when the man ejaculates, his sperm has a higher chance of reaching your ovaries. If you hyper ovulate(release more than one egg during ovulation) you would want more sperm in your fallopian tubes to meet the released eggs.
-
coolEpsom salt baths are also said to stimulate your ovaries but can give you infections(yeast for example) so be careful not to use too much or have too many baths with Epsom salts.
-
9)Baby aspirin is linked to hyper-ovulation but make sure not to exceed a 200 mg once a day dose or you could reverse it and actually not ovulate. Stop taking it when you become pregnant unless your doctor advises you take it for medical reasons such as blood clotting.
-
10)Getting pregnant on birth control or right after you get off of birth control can also increase your chances of having multiples.
-
You should also quit smoking and cut back on drinking. Drink plenty of water and go for a walk everyday to increase the blood flow to your uterus. Things such as this can increase your chance of having multiples and conceiving period. As well these simple tasks can help ensure a healthy pregnancy.

5 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive Twins by luvissweet2f(f): 5:03pm On Nov 05, 2013
^^^ Thank u soo much Babybox.
Re: Trying To Conceive Twins by Shadydamsel(f): 2:29pm On Nov 06, 2013
I'm loving this
Re: Trying To Conceive Twins by luvissweet2f(f): 9:15pm On Nov 06, 2013
I just want to use this opportunity to reach out to those who are still TTC; may your first pregnancies bring forth double blessings(twins) in Jesus name. Amen.

16 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive Twins by aylaLynCoope: 5:36pm On Sep 23, 2014
Do not give up. I am 41 years old and I was diagnosed with poor ovarian reserve and very bad prognosis of having a baby with my own eggs. I was even given the option to consider donor eggs. That was around July 2014. I was absolutely devastated with the news and I arranged an IVF for November 2014. In the meantime, given that I had nothing to lose, I contacted on facebook (Oduduwa Ajakaye) help if anything with the coming IVF,. Believe it or not... I am already pregnant! with no IVF.... PLEASE TRY (Oduduwa Ajakaye)!

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive Twins by TCF1980(m): 2:23pm On Oct 05, 2014
wyankimberly:
HELLO I WANT TO SHARE A TRUE TESTIMONY ON HOW I GOT PREGNANT WITH PREGNANCY SPELL CAST BY DR. OGBEFUN THAT MAKE GET PREGNANT WITHIN 28DAYS AFTER BEEN MARRIED FOR THE PAST 10YEARS OF BEEN MARRIED TO MY HUSBAND WITHOUT NO CHILD AND AM HAPPY TODAY THAT AM PREGNANT BECAUSE I MET THE RIGHT PERSON FOR HELP CONTACT HIM ON miracletemple11@gmail.com OR CALL HIM ON +2347060552255 FOR HELP ALSO BECAUSE HE SAVE MY MARRIAGE WITH MY HUSBAND BECAUSE MY HUSBAND PEOPLE WHERE ALREADY COMPLAINING OF ME UNABLE TO GET PREGNANT FOR THEIR SON ONCE AGAIN THANK YOU DR. OGBEFUN FOR WHAT YOU DID FOR ME

You can lie!

4 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive Twins by TCF1980(m): 2:23pm On Oct 05, 2014
aylaLynCoope:
Do not give up. I am 41 years old and I was diagnosed with poor ovarian reserve and very bad prognosis of having a baby with my own eggs. I was even given the option to consider donor eggs. That was around July 2014. I was absolutely devastated with the news and I arranged an IVF for November 2014. In the meantime, given that I had nothing to lose, I contacted on facebook (Oduduwa Ajakaye) help if anything with the coming IVF,. Believe it or not... I am already pregnant! with no IVF.... PLEASE TRY (Oduduwa Ajakaye)!

You can lie!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive Twins by isabellajemas: 7:37am On Oct 24, 2014
I want to thank priest obom for helping my wife get pregnant, for the past five years we are together now, no child but with the great help of priest obom my wife was able to get pregnant. again thanks to you priest obom of solutiontemple220@gmail.com or +2347033840344 any one out having troblem/trying to get pregnant should contact priest obom now on solutiontemple220@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive Twins by TCF1980(m): 8:52am On Oct 24, 2014
isabellajemas:
I want to thank priest obom for helping my wife get pregnant, for the past five years we are together now, no child but with the great help of priest obom my wife was able to get pregnant. again thanks to you priest obom of solutiontemple220@gmail.com or +2347033840344 any one out having troblem/trying to get pregnant should contact priest obom now on solutiontemple220@gmail.com

You can lie! Priest Obom ko, Priestess Obikom ni! Mtsheeew

9 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive Twins by kategates: 3:24pm On Mar 03, 2015
I am 35 years old and I was diagnosed with poor ovarian reserve and very bad prognosis of having a baby with my own eggs. I was even given the option to consider donor eggs. That was around july 2014. I was absolutely devastated with the news and I arranged an IVF for November 2014 and it failed also, given that I had nothing to lose, I contacted on facebook (Oduduwa Ajakaye) and he send me his herbal product,. Believe it or not... I am already pregnant!
Re: Trying To Conceive Twins by lamrose: 10:15am On Apr 09, 2015
We happy with You
kategates:
I am 35 years old and I was diagnosed with poor ovarian reserve and very bad prognosis of having a baby with my own eggs. I was even given the option to consider donor eggs. That was around july 2014. I was absolutely devastated with the news and I arranged an IVF for November 2014 and it failed also, given that I had nothing to lose, I contacted on facebook (Oduduwa Ajakaye) and he send me his herbal product,. Believe it or not... I am already pregnant!
Re: Trying To Conceive Twins by Spellcasting: 10:45pm On Jul 30, 2015
HOW I GOT PREGNANT AFTER ORDER A SPELL AND NATURAL HERB FROM THIS GREAT HERBALIST LORD HALLIFAT @ EMAIL LIFECENTRE@LIVE.COM

(1) (2) (Reply)

Doctors And Hospitals In Nigeria / Mayowa Ahmed: LUTH Releases Press Statement On #savemayowa / Erectile Dysfunction Is Affecting Me Badly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.