Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,443 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

Why Are Ladies Addicted To Home Movies? - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Why Are Ladies Addicted To Home Movies? (11109 Views)

Why Are Nigerian Music Videos Better Than The Home Movies? / Are There Really Nigerian Home Movies That Are R18? / Addicted To Family Guy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Ladies Addicted To Home Movies? by imperiouxx(m): 7:00pm On Mar 03, 2013
Afam4eva:
In that case, i also love those kinds of reality shows.

The same view friend.
Re: Why Are Ladies Addicted To Home Movies? by odehaj: 7:06pm On Mar 03, 2013
They love it because all ladies are pessimistic ;my body,my hair,my nails,my mother inlaw,my period,my virginity etc...
Re: Why Are Ladies Addicted To Home Movies? by StateOfMind: 7:12pm On Mar 03, 2013
inurmind: Chai, women don RRRrRrtTrrrsuffer for dis thread o. grin grin grin

No be small thing o my brother, funny enough majority of them have mothers, wives and sisters that are addicted to home videos too...I wonder how they've been coping with these dull and low IQ people around them if that's what they think about those that watch these movies.

Nairaland men always looking forward to bashing ladies, ehn? I wonder how analysing football matches is IQ engaging

And even the so called foreign movies sef, do all of them make sense..mscheww
Re: Why Are Ladies Addicted To Home Movies? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Mar 03, 2013
Yvete: This is one heck of a pathetic thread!
you can say that again
Re: Why Are Ladies Addicted To Home Movies? by 1ndidi2(f): 7:20pm On Mar 03, 2013
johnny handsom:

You call that english? Air head

Sea head,you are from mongolia remember? You wouldn't recognise English if Its speaking to you!!
Re: Why Are Ladies Addicted To Home Movies? by BecaciaBarbie(f): 7:26pm On Mar 03, 2013
Stop the generalisation! Not all Ladies ok? I as a person i detest Nollywood or home videos with passion, unless am so bored nd i never get to watch d full movie, except if its a comedy movie! Nollywood really sucks!!! sad
I'll alwys go for Hollywood movies anyday anytime.
Re: Why Are Ladies Addicted To Home Movies? by StEdwin(m): 7:40pm On Mar 03, 2013
Becacia_Barbie: Stop the generalisation! Not all Ladies ok? I as a person i detest Nollywood or home videos with passion, unless am so bored nd i never get to watch d full movie, except if its a comedy movie! Nollywood really sucks!!! sad
I'll alwys go for Hollywood movies anyday anytime.

That's why ur name is barbie....'Nollywood sucks'......So how is hollywood? Informative, educative?
Hollywood and Nollywood cater for different audiences....They are people who can relate to these movies....None is better than the other.....perhaps maybe in terms of quality, editing and better screenplay......
Most Caribbeans prefer Nollywood to hollywood.....maybe because they can relate to it better......
Re: Why Are Ladies Addicted To Home Movies? by goodgood2(m): 7:41pm On Mar 03, 2013
Only lazy girls are addicted to home videos. The hard-working ladies barely have time to watch lazy actors and actresses play out scripts written by lazy script writers and directed by lazy directors; they spend most of their time studying and doing other things that an average/lazy girl don't like doing. The home video addicts live in the fake world, dream of marrying "perfect" men; yet are, themselves, far from perfect. I pity weak men who fall for them, only to regret later. I like myself because there's this thing in me that scares them away. The ones that were so "stubborn" to ask for my affection ended up regretting as i gave them a cold shoulder. They say "i too dey form", and that's okay by me.
Re: Why Are Ladies Addicted To Home Movies? by johnnyhandsom(m): 7:41pm On Mar 03, 2013
1ndidi2:

Sea head,you are from mongolia remember? You wouldn't recognise English if Its speaking to you!!

If its speaking to you? Ni-gger please
Re: Why Are Ladies Addicted To Home Movies? by rubion: 7:49pm On Mar 03, 2013
most of my female friends "claim" to hate nollywood movies. I'm assuming the real addicts are those outside Lagos cos they didnt have the luxury of watching alternative channels so movies were the only option then Africa magic came.
this nollywood addiction is not only a nigerian thing..other west African ladies are addicted to nollywood. don't dull. its too bad.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Ladies Addicted To Home Movies? by Eminentsam(m): 7:52pm On Mar 03, 2013
They are watching and searching for latest Fashion
Re: Why Are Ladies Addicted To Home Movies? by osinachii: 7:53pm On Mar 03, 2013
pro01: People are generally more comfortable with what they can understand/assimilate. Nollywood movies dey 'compatible' with the prevailing IQ in Naija - Oyinbo movies require too much mental stress.

Besides, onyibo people dey talk with their nose, so most of our babes no dey fit hear wetin dem dey talk, talkless of to understand the story behind the movie.

U no Well, Laff wan Kill Me Die
Re: Why Are Ladies Addicted To Home Movies? by Deiok(m): 8:03pm On Mar 03, 2013
Oyeaaaa... I have also been asking this same question, i dont know what is really of an interest in nollywood movies. What annoys me most about it is their bad ending with continuation to part four. I dislike guys who like watching nollywood movies, cause they kind of look like gäy to me.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Ladies Addicted To Home Movies? by seunny4lif(m): 8:04pm On Mar 03, 2013
Afam4eva:
Yoruba people no dey play with African magic Yoruba oo. There's hardly any Yoruba house with access to DSTV that you won't see their TV tuned to African Magic Yoruba. I wonder how they were coping before AM Yoruba was created.
I be yoruba bt the thing too much ooo,even my male cousins dem worst pass female and families all any the same both mixed ones.....Whenever I go greet anyone for house,na fight ooo for remote control and sometimes I go disconnect the thing.....Funny dem fit dey office dey ask which movie dem dey show for dstv?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Ladies Addicted To Home Movies? by seunny4lif(m): 8:07pm On Mar 03, 2013
Afam4eva:
Yoruba people no dey play with African magic Yoruba oo. There's hardly any Yoruba house with access to DSTV that you won't see their TV tuned to African Magic Yoruba. I wonder how they were coping before AM Yoruba was created.
Re: Why Are Ladies Addicted To Home Movies? by EzePromoe: 8:08pm On Mar 03, 2013
[b]It is this inferiority complex that is killing Africans especially Nigerians that you see comments like this. So the worst thing even a jobless man will do is to sit and watch Home Videos eh? SMH.

Many African countries are appreciating the handwork of Nigerian film producers, they watch Nigerian movies and dream to star in a Nigerian movie but you guys will just stay here saying rubbish.
That lady that sits all day watching home video, is she more jobless than you who have make NL your office?

You guys should learn from the Chinese how to appreciate what they've got, that is why despite Chinese been spoken only in one country but has only world recognition. Hausa speakers are 3 times bigger in number than the Swiss speakers but Swiss language is more recognised than it. Its that same inferiority complex that is killing Africans.

How would you expect Nollywood that is barely 20years to become like Hollywood that took 420years+ to be where it is now or Bollywood that is 110years?

Some people might be talking because they watched Nollywood last in 1999, but I tell you, there are many wonderful Nollywood movies, try visiting a cinema and stop patronizing Alaba marketers.

I'm a fan of Nollywood movies and yes I'm proud to be one. I don't care what any of you say here.
THANKS! [/b]

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Ladies Addicted To Home Movies? by EzePromoe: 8:25pm On Mar 03, 2013
Only 20 years of existence but we dey produce plenty film pass people wey don dey 420 years. E dey easy? Abeg make una clap for 9ja jor. We no dey carry last.
Na we overdo pass grin
Re: Why Are Ladies Addicted To Home Movies? by Blackgold09(f): 8:27pm On Mar 03, 2013
olumaxi: Cos ladies lov fantacy..and movies (especialy d lov stories) is ful of such
Not all ladies enjoy it.
Re: Why Are Ladies Addicted To Home Movies? by EzePromoe: 8:28pm On Mar 03, 2013
Mumu people wey say Nollywood is too predictable, is it more predictable than Kung-Fu movies were we know that Kung-Fu must surely emerge victorious at the end of the movie?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Ladies Addicted To Home Movies? by EzePromoe: 8:31pm On Mar 03, 2013
If you've lived in America before, you'll know that many of them value Orient movies (Kung-Fu & co) to Hollywood. They feel that Hollywood is too fake being filled with fictious scenes.
Re: Why Are Ladies Addicted To Home Movies? by Deiok(m): 8:32pm On Mar 03, 2013
Eze Promoe: [b]It is this inferiority complex that is killing Africans especially Nigerians that you see comments like this. So the worst thing even a jobless man will do is to sit and watch Home Videos eh? SMH.

Many African countries are appreciating the handwork of Nigerian film producers, they watch Nigerian movies and dream to star in a Nigerian movie but you guys will just stay here saying rubbish.
That lady that sits all day watching home video, is she more jobless than you who have make NL your office?

You guys should learn from the Chinese how to appreciate what they've got, that is why despite Chinese been spoken only in one country but has only world recognition. Hausa speakers are 3 times bigger in number than the Swiss speakers but Swiss language is more recognised than it. Its that same inferiority complex that is killing Africans.

How would you expect Nollywood that is barely 20years to become like Hollywood that took 420years+ to be where it is now or Bollywood that is 110years?

Some people might be talking because they watched Nollywood last in 1999, but I tell you, there are many wonderful Nollywood movies, try visiting a cinema and stop patronizing Alaba marketers.

I'm a fan of Nollywood movies and yes I'm proud to be one. I don't care what any of you say here.
THANKS! [/b]
just one word ""gay"".

1 Like

Re: Why Are Ladies Addicted To Home Movies? by rubion: 8:33pm On Mar 03, 2013
Eze Promoe: [b]It is this inferiority complex that is killing Africans especially Nigerians that you see comments like this. So the worst thing even a jobless man will do is to sit and watch Home Videos eh? SMH.

THANKS! [/b]

for your mind you don fight for the rights of nollywood.. your name sef says it all.
Africans are not backward because of inferiority complex, Africa is backward because of people like you who accept mediocrity and give lame excuses..
aren't nigerian music videos made by nigerians ? intact there are nigerian directors in Europe and America who wouldn't dare shoot a movie here cos people like you and "nigerian ladies" wouldn't understand the artistry behind movie making... forget all those cinema movies, all na packaging... is it jenifa, araromire or which one? these movies all had stupid endings or were laden with mistakes... I heard Clarence Peters (who shoots most music videos) spends more money on his 4 minute videos than what nollywood directors spend on their 4 part movies ! when it comes to African movies only a couple of ghanian movies make the cut and these movies usually have white guys in the production crew.
you shouldn't be proud to be a nollywood fan, you should be ashamed !

1 Like

Re: Why Are Ladies Addicted To Home Movies? by nnenna311: 8:48pm On Mar 03, 2013
Don't like home videos, infact is my sleeping pills
Re: Why Are Ladies Addicted To Home Movies? by EzePromoe: 9:06pm On Mar 03, 2013
rubion:

for your mind you don fight for the rights of nollywood.. your name sef says it all.
Africans are not backward because of inferiority complex, Africa is backward because of people like you who accept mediocrity and give lame excuses..
aren't nigerian music videos made by nigerians ? intact there are nigerian directors in Europe and America who wouldn't dare shoot a movie here cos people like you and "nigerian ladies" wouldn't understand the artistry behind movie making... forget all those cinema movies, all na packaging... is it jenifa, araromire or which one? these movies all had stupid endings or were laden with mistakes... I heard Clarence Peters (who shoots most music videos) spends more money on his 4 minute videos than what nollywood directors spend on their 4 part movies ! when it comes to African movies only a couple of ghanian movies make the cut and these movies usually have white guys in the production crew.
you shouldn't be proud to be a nollywood fan, you should be ashamed !
You didn't read the part of my post where I said you should stop patronizing Alaba businessmen and go to the cinemas and purchase some quality Nollywood movies?
Your way of reasoning is so pathetic.
Re: Why Are Ladies Addicted To Home Movies? by EzePromoe: 9:16pm On Mar 03, 2013
Deiok: just one word ""gay"".
Did you read the part of my post were I said "i don't give a shit whatever you guys say about me."
UP NOLLYWOOD!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Ladies Addicted To Home Movies? by ace1(m): 9:28pm On Mar 03, 2013
lynpetra: Not me...I don't waste my time watching " grab your copies now"

Hahahahahaha. Also, "this is just the begining", "to God be the glory"
Re: Why Are Ladies Addicted To Home Movies? by ace1(m): 9:51pm On Mar 03, 2013
There r different kind of people. Those who reason within the box, those who reason outsite the box, and those who reason as though the box doesn't exist. If you are a Nollywood fan, male or female, you belong to the group that reason within the box.
Re: Why Are Ladies Addicted To Home Movies? by fadamekus(m): 10:07pm On Mar 03, 2013
Well so simple, to learn new pattern of speakin english new style of make up and how to keep to their leg to waka grin SO U DNT KNW DAT MY SHOE IS GETIN SIZE MTHEEEW lipsrsealed
Re: Why Are Ladies Addicted To Home Movies? by try69: 10:30pm On Mar 03, 2013
pro01: People are generally more comfortable with what they can understand/assimilate. Nollywood movies dey 'compatible' with the prevailing IQ in Naija - Oyinbo movies require too much mental stress.

Besides, onyibo people dey talk with their nose, so most of our babes no dey fit hear wetin dem dey talk, talkless of to understand the story behind the movie.
*singing jay-z's "what more can I say"?*
perfect answer, short and simply spot on.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Ladies Addicted To Home Movies? by kedukc(m): 10:35pm On Mar 03, 2013
imperiouxx:

Nah! I didn't mean reality show and I don't watch those either. It's all friction coated as reality show. I was referring to something like sport, music, documentaries on different events etc

oboy which one be FRICTION na?

Lmao!
Re: Why Are Ladies Addicted To Home Movies? by imperiouxx(m): 11:01pm On Mar 03, 2013
kedukc:

oboy which one be FRICTION na?

Lmao!

Thanks for detecting the typo, even textbooks with ISBN do it. Those with intelligence quotient and courtesy know when there is typo and ways of corrections. And know for sure you're not better than me at all.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine NL Fan Page / Complaints/Suggestions Thread / Big Brother 11 Uk Final Series

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.