Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,105 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

Disgruntled Politicians Want Igbo Presidency - PDP - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Disgruntled Politicians Want Igbo Presidency - PDP (9201 Views)

SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio / Senate Presidency: PDP Begins Move To Battle APC / Presidency, PDP Reject Card Reader For Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Disgruntled Politicians Want Igbo Presidency - PDP by Napoleondegreat: 11:43pm On Mar 03, 2013
Bkl4real: Peoples Democratic Party has said it has no information that the South-East geopolitical zone is agitating to take a shot at the presidency. It said such calls are coming from "disgruntled" persons.

More politicians from the zone and the apex Igbo socio-political body, Ohanaeze Ndi'gbo, have recently decried the area's alleged marginalisation at the presidential level.

However, the National Publicity Secretary, PDP, Mr. Olisa Metuh, who spoke with our correspondent on the telephone on Friday, said the rotational presidency was no more relevant, adding that presidential candidates would henceforth be picked on merit.

He said, "I am not aware that the Igbo are calling for the presidency; you can quote me on that. I noticed that one or two disgruntled persons are saying it. Nigeria has gone beyond the equation of where a person (presidential candidate) comes from; we have transcended that.

"The most important thing is the capacity and the capability of whoever is heading Nigeria, and that is why we are looking at the entire country. It is not about where you are coming from; it's about your capacity and your agenda for the nation."

Reacting to the Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha's statement on Thursday that PDP had failed the South-East, Metuh described the governor as a regional politician who should be ignored at the national level.

"I have directed the South-East zone publicity secretary to answer him. He is a regional player; he's not a national player. We don't need to reply him at the national secretariat," he said.

Okorocha, who was a founding member of PDP, had, while explaining why he pitched his tent with the newly formed All Progressives Congress, said he had nothing against President Goodluck Jonathan but his party, the PDP.

Source:

http://mobile.punchng.com/output.php?link=http://www.punchng.com/news/disgruntled-politicians-behind-call-for-igbo-presidency-pdp/
Re: Disgruntled Politicians Want Igbo Presidency - PDP by babanaba: 11:53pm On Mar 03, 2013
Igbos have refused to grow.You cannot force your way on people.You guys ought to learn the use of negotiations and political maneuverers.But no!We must do this and that is what you always say.Ok now vote for yourselves!
I have been around igbos and they are very tribalistic.But they will only pretend when they need something from you.Yet they cry like cry babies that they are being marginalized.Even non-Nigerians know Igbos.They are singled out amongst other Nigerians.God can bear me witness,something is really wrong with you people.

7 Likes

Re: Disgruntled Politicians Want Igbo Presidency - PDP by Nobody: 12:25am On Mar 04, 2013
phildon: MASSOB's xistence alone is enogh failure for d actualization of Ibo presidency.
My friend, MASSOB is not abt Igbo Presidency. Check for d full meaning. Infact,all ignorant ppl shd leave dis thread .
Re: Disgruntled Politicians Want Igbo Presidency - PDP by Onlytruth(m): 1:06am On Mar 04, 2013
I hope they are serious about picking Nigeria's president purely on MERIT. If they do that, then power would not go up core North for at least 50 years. That is how I read this statement.

A region that is as backward as Somalia should not be trusted with running areas as advanced as some of the western countries (at least in terms of human resource advancement).

I also hope that Metu is being serious about MERIT and not another way to self-serve.
Re: Disgruntled Politicians Want Igbo Presidency - PDP by mensdept: 5:04am On Mar 04, 2013
Disgruntled Politicians from the SouthEast?

Yeah right

Who? Udenwa? Any Uba?, Theo Orji abi Orji Kalu? Ekwueme?

How can they be disgruntled when they have used money meant to fix roads and schools and bridges into their own accounts. How can they be disgruntled when Kema Chikwe was Aviation Minister and could not even upgrade Imo airport to international standard?

How can they be disgruntled when they could have turned Umuahia into a place with world class shopping centers and factories, or built a modern bridge over River Naija with 14 years or so of allocation in an oil profit booming era?

Maybe Arther Nzeribe, Nwobodo, and co are now suffering from arthritis and cant get that visa to Spain for treatment, or are tired of the noise in Lagos or the treat of bombing in Abuja
Re: Disgruntled Politicians Want Igbo Presidency - PDP by Metallurgist: 7:00am On Mar 04, 2013
BigBenoski: u have spoken well but, the igbos shouldn't just fold their hands and watch the north keep cornering our collective wealth
its high time the,southern,eastern and western ppl of 9ja grow up to accept some responsibilty, in obasanjo's regime only 9ja hav made more money than the all the other past regime combine, and its in his regime first that a trillion naira was stolen thru corruption and up to gej regime where a barrel of oil still worth 90 dollars as against 11 dollars in abachas region, stop blaming a portion of the problem, but face the problem as a whole ALL NIGERIANS ARE BARAWOS

1 Like

Re: Disgruntled Politicians Want Igbo Presidency - PDP by lagcity(m): 8:14am On Mar 04, 2013
Onlytruth: I hope they are serious about picking Nigeria's president purely on MERIT. If they do that, then power would not go up core North for at least 50 years. That is how I read this statement.

A region that is as backward as Somalia should not be trusted with running areas as advanced as some of the western countries (at least in terms of human resource advancement).

I also hope that Metu is being serious about MERIT and not another way to self-serve.

You exaggerate too much. Yes, the North has serious challenges but c'mon you can't seriously believe they do not have qualified people that can compete for that post.
Re: Disgruntled Politicians Want Igbo Presidency - PDP by Nobody: 8:25am On Mar 04, 2013
lagcity:

You exaggerate too much. Yes, the North has serious challenges but c'mon you can't seriously believe they do not have qualified people that can compete for that post.
That's one problem with that guy onlytruth, he doesn't think well about things he says! There are millions of people up north far smarter than him and anyone in his clan.

1 Like

Re: Disgruntled Politicians Want Igbo Presidency - PDP by Ozichim(m): 8:31am On Mar 04, 2013
PDPwayoo: Im from Delta State and im very sure Igbo man can never rule in our generation. Dont ever trust Igbo man; they are very tribal and love cheating other tribes.
I lost 1 million naira to an igbo man in Trade-fair market Lagos.

The task force or government in the trade-fair market is Igbos organized criminals. They will make sure you loss your money when they know you are not from Igbo and live in abroad.

In 2011, an old Igbo friend from University days ran away with the goods i sent him

Recently, the Igbo girl friend i suppose to marry has done the worst.
My advise, if you are not from across the Niger river; be careful with Igbos though you cant avoid them especially when you doing business.

Mr lier U ar not from Delta, and ur are not an Igbo man. U are just one evil anti Igbo man, Igbo men did all this to U and U still wanted to marry Igbo girl. Stop crying and lieying against the Igbos. Ur hate on Igbos brings blessing to them.
Re: Disgruntled Politicians Want Igbo Presidency - PDP by Igwe9(m): 8:59am On Mar 04, 2013
PDPwayoo: Im from Delta State and im very sure Igbo man can never rule in our generation. Dont ever trust Igbo man; they are very tribal and love cheating other tribes.
I lost 1 million naira to an igbo man in Trade-fair market Lagos.

The task force or government in the trade-fair market is Igbos organized criminals. They will make sure you loss your money when they know you are not from Igbo and live in abroad.

In 2011, an old Igbo friend from University days ran away with the goods i sent him

Recently, the Igbo girl friend i suppose to marry has done the worst.
My advise, if you are not from across the Niger river; be careful with Igbos though you cant avoid them especially when you doing business.

What happened at the highlighted portion, seems you are just not only a brainless liar but also impotent?

1 Like

Re: Disgruntled Politicians Want Igbo Presidency - PDP by BlueMurder(m): 9:18am On Mar 04, 2013
Onlytruth: I hope they are serious about picking Nigeria's president purely on MERIT. If they do that, then power would not go up core North for at least 50 years. That is how I read this statement.

It is clear that you have never been to the North or interacted with any Northerner before. Hence, you lack the capacity to make the bolded statement.

1 Like

Re: Disgruntled Politicians Want Igbo Presidency - PDP by EzePromoe: 9:28am On Mar 04, 2013
Seriously politics is the worst thing that ever happened to mankind.
WTF?
Entertainment is the best thing that is holding us today as one people. Let us remove our political mindset and embrace the entertainment industry firmly and you'll see Nigeria going many places.
Re: Disgruntled Politicians Want Igbo Presidency - PDP by nagoma(m): 1:32pm On Mar 04, 2013
Bkl4real:

However, the National Publicity Secretary, PDP, Mr. Olisa Metuh, who spoke with our correspondent on the telephone on Friday, said the rotational presidency was no more relevant, adding that presidential candidates would henceforth be picked on MERIT.
http://mobile.punchng.com/output.php?link=http://www.punchng.com/news/disgruntled-politicians-behind-call-for-igbo-presidency-pdp/

Joke/insult of the century - "Meritorious GEJ "!! grin
Re: Disgruntled Politicians Want Igbo Presidency - PDP by nagoma(m): 1:37pm On Mar 04, 2013

The objective evidence is different. No president can ever perform as badly as GEJ. No leader in Nigeria ever had the resources and the goodwill of Nigerians as obasanjo and he messed it up. You have a problem - bigotry , may be a terminal illness in your own case.
Re: Disgruntled Politicians Want Igbo Presidency - PDP by Deco007: 4:00pm On Mar 04, 2013
It is obvious PDP has nothing to offer this country they are like secret cult no gud can come out of them
Re: Disgruntled Politicians Want Igbo Presidency - PDP by Deco007: 4:04pm On Mar 04, 2013
Akpa ife: Igbo need 2 rule ds country let see if igbos will slove our problems
solve
Re: Disgruntled Politicians Want Igbo Presidency - PDP by maskid(m): 4:12pm On Mar 04, 2013
5alive: am an igbo man.... Buh in my next life, i dont wanna be igbo.. God pls i dont want to be a biafran.... I dont want to fight a lost battle

HU DASH U ?? U ARE NO IGBO MAN .. BIGOT!!!!. u r just

a directionless, purposeless and unpalatable page of idiocy. u stink of ''ofe mmanu'' fool
Re: Disgruntled Politicians Want Igbo Presidency - PDP by maskid(m): 4:36pm On Mar 04, 2013
babanaba: Igbos have refused to grow.You cannot force your way on people.You guys ought to learn the use of negotiations and political maneuverers.But no!We must do this and that is what you always say.Ok now vote for yourselves!
I have been around igbos and they are very tribalistic.But they will only pretend when they need something from you.Yet they cry like cry babies that they are being marginalized.Even non-Nigerians know Igbos.They are singled out amongst other Nigerians.God can bear me witness,something is really wrong with you people.

FINALLY A FOOL SPEAKS...
Re: Disgruntled Politicians Want Igbo Presidency - PDP by Omen100(m): 5:20pm On Mar 04, 2013
Eze Promoe: Seriously [b]politics is the worst thing that ever happened to mankind. [i][/i]
[/b]WTF?
Entertainment is the best thing that is holding us today as one people. Let us remove our political mindset and embrace the entertainment industry firmly and you'll see Nigeria going many places.

I say RELIGION & not politics after all politic is being played in other part of the world but for Africans, hmmm, don't know what to say.

Re: Disgruntled Politicians Want Igbo Presidency - PDP by Nobody: 9:52pm On Mar 04, 2013
Eze Promoe: Seriously politics is the worst thing that ever happened to mankind.
WTF?
dats not wat buhari thinks. Dats not wat bokoharam thinks
Re: Disgruntled Politicians Want Igbo Presidency - PDP by EzePromoe: 11:37pm On Mar 04, 2013
ngozievergreen:
dats not wat buhari thinks. Dats not wat bokoharam thinks
Why will they think like that? How many of them do you see in the industry?
Re: Disgruntled Politicians Want Igbo Presidency - PDP by Nobody: 6:27pm On Mar 05, 2013
Eze Promoe:
Why will they think like that? How many of them do you see in the industry?
How are u? Ur username is funny
Re: Disgruntled Politicians Want Igbo Presidency - PDP by EzePromoe: 6:50pm On Mar 05, 2013
ngozievergreen:
How are u? Ur username is funny
Hmmm. Really? How funny?
Re: Disgruntled Politicians Want Igbo Presidency - PDP by nagoma(m): 9:37pm On Mar 05, 2013
Eze Promoe: Seriously politics is the worst thing that ever happened to mankind.
WTF?

I can see your point but singing and dancing alone cannot develop a country. You need ua clear plan that you can follow to the letter, you need justice and rule of law followed to the letter ,you need belonging and true representation. Some people feel they can offer these. Of course you will also have entertainment - what I call singing and dancing, although I personally am not bothered with that.
Re: Disgruntled Politicians Want Igbo Presidency - PDP by Nobody: 12:14pm On Mar 06, 2013
Eze Promoe:
Hmmm. Really? How funny?
wat is Promoe?
Re: Disgruntled Politicians Want Igbo Presidency - PDP by EzePromoe: 4:02pm On Mar 06, 2013
ngozievergreen:
wat is Promoe?
For real? Is that the funny thing? OK, if you must know, Promoe is the abbreviation of all my names.
Re: Disgruntled Politicians Want Igbo Presidency - PDP by EzePromoe: 4:07pm On Mar 06, 2013
nagoma:

I can see your point but singing and dancing alone cannot develop a country. You need ua clear plan that you can follow to the letter, you need justice and rule of law followed to the letter ,you need belonging and true representation. Some people feel they can offer these. Of course you will also have entertainment - what I call singing and dancing, although I personally am not bothered with that.
Ya, i garrit. But if the term 'politics' hadn't been in existence in the first place, the world would have been a better place.
Re: Disgruntled Politicians Want Igbo Presidency - PDP by Gbawe: 4:20pm On Mar 06, 2013
nagoma:

The objective evidence is different. No president can ever perform as badly as GEJ. No leader in Nigeria ever had the resources and the goodwill of Nigerians as obasanjo and he messed it up. You have a problem - bigotry , may be a terminal illness in your own case.

This delusional clown's type of bigotry is one tinged with madness. He once stated ludicrously that no Yoruba man can get a job ahead of an Igbo man if the consideration was merit-based. That was when I realised the guy was a certified grade A lunatic and loser. A grotesque caricature. I feel sorry for him because he is in the category of those that hate has made demented. That is why he comes out with things that will make even the most thick-skinned person to cringe.

I suggest you don't take him seriously. No one does here except the other bigots who worship him because they recognise one of their 'own' same as GEJ is loved and surrounded by the largest number of criminal elements in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Disgruntled Politicians Want Igbo Presidency - PDP by Sibrah: 5:39pm On Mar 06, 2013

The way you sound here one would think regions become president and not human beings.
Re: Disgruntled Politicians Want Igbo Presidency - PDP by Nobody: 1:02pm On Mar 07, 2013
Eze Promoe:
For real? Is that the funny thing? OK, if you must know, Promoe is the abbreviation of all my names.

So, Prince Richard Obi Mba/Mikel Oboabuna Emenike? (promoe)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Nigerians Are Eager To Read President GEJ Thesis And Publications." —Dr. Hassan / FG Determined To Kill PDP – Wike / Debo Ologunagba: Wike Won't Dump The Party That Brought Him From Obscurity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.