Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,775 members, 7,810,023 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:48 PM

Boko-Haram Attack Army Barrack In Maiduguri - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko-Haram Attack Army Barrack In Maiduguri (23303 Views)

3 Soldiers, Gunmen Killed In Daura Attack – Army / 25 Soldiers Wed In Army Barrack / Nigeria Accepted US Army Barrack In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko-Haram Attack Army Barrack In Maiduguri by Akshow: 7:00pm On Mar 03, 2013
MAIDUGURI, Nigeria — Fighters linked to the radical Islamic terrorist network Boko Haram attacked a military base in Nigeria’s north on Sunday in an assault that left at least 20 people dead, as the network’s leader denied any peace talks with Nigeria’s government.

The attack in the village of Monguno, some 200 kilometers (125 miles) from the city of Maiduguri, punctuated the video statement by Abubakar Shekau that said Nigeria will remain under attack by the group until the multiethnic nation is ruled under Islamic law. Shekau also threatened the man who in recent months claimed to be a leader of Boko Haram and said that the group wanted to agree to a cease-fire with Nigeria’s security forces.

The attack Sunday, coupled with the recent kidnappings of foreigners claimed by Boko Haram and its affiliates, offered fresh doubts about the ability of Nigeria’s weak central government to stop the bloodshed, despite its deployment of more security forces in the region.

“Whoever kills any of our members should await a grave retaliation from us,” Shekau says in the video in the Hausa language of Nigeria’s predominantly Muslim north. “We will continue waging war against them until we succeeded in establishing an Islamic state in Nigeria.”

The attack on Monguno saw fighters arrive in SUVs and kill a local village leader, witnesses who spoke to The Associated Press said. The fighters later attacked a barracks at Monguno with gunfire and explosives, witnesses said.

In a statement, military spokesman Lt. Col. Sagir Musa said that 20 “Boko Haram terrorists” were killed, without acknowledging that at least one civilian had been killed. Musa also did not say if any soldiers had been wounded or killed in the attack. Nigeria’s military routinely downplays civilian and soldier casualty figures.

Another security official, who requested anonymity as he could not speak to journalists, confirmed the attack occurred, but acknowledged details remained sketchy about the incident. An AP journalist could not immediately reach the village Sunday.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/africa/in-video-boko-haram-leader-denies-peace-talks-with-nigeria-promises-violence-will-continue/2013/03/03/acb0edb2-83ea-11e2-a80b-3edc779b676f_story.html

3 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Attack Army Barrack In Maiduguri by confusion247(m): 7:15pm On Mar 03, 2013
This is good news.
Re: Boko-Haram Attack Army Barrack In Maiduguri by jamace(m): 8:35pm On Mar 03, 2013
Overconfidence dey worry BH. They met their Waterloo.

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Attack Army Barrack In Maiduguri by gramci: 9:01pm On Mar 03, 2013
Patiently waiting for BH spokespersons on NL for further detail.

Una know una self cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Attack Army Barrack In Maiduguri by Thok(m): 9:10pm On Mar 03, 2013
Why i go first see am on Aljazeera, before i see am here?.. Worlahi, e dey fain me.... angry
Re: Boko-Haram Attack Army Barrack In Maiduguri by Tolexander: 9:13pm On Mar 03, 2013
welldone!
Hostility continues!
Another promised fresh air!
Let us continue to pray that those people involved in the bombing should confess.
Re: Boko-Haram Attack Army Barrack In Maiduguri by sambos994(m): 9:51pm On Mar 03, 2013
To hell with them
Re: Boko-Haram Attack Army Barrack In Maiduguri by coogar: 9:54pm On Mar 03, 2013
jonathan goodluck has failed nigeria........

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Attack Army Barrack In Maiduguri by Josh316(m): 9:54pm On Mar 03, 2013
For me, this is good news! Now that She(cow)kau has reiterated that he is not declaring a ceasefire, GEJ should unleash the full arsenal of the NigArmy on the bastards parading as terrorists.

I'd personally like to see this bastard she(cow)kau skinned alive while crying like a pus.s.y angry

14 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Attack Army Barrack In Maiduguri by faporori24: 9:54pm On Mar 03, 2013
Thok: Why i go first see am on Aljazeera, before i see am here?.. Worlahi, e dey fain me.... angry

bros Aljazeera nah their TV station bros nah same ppl like Uncle Bokos own am

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Attack Army Barrack In Maiduguri by vision2050: 9:56pm On Mar 03, 2013
No cease fire again
Re: Boko-Haram Attack Army Barrack In Maiduguri by ocelot2006(m): 9:56pm On Mar 03, 2013
confusion247: This is good news.

What's the good news with this attack?
Re: Boko-Haram Attack Army Barrack In Maiduguri by jamil2(m): 9:59pm On Mar 03, 2013
lipsrsealed
Re: Boko-Haram Attack Army Barrack In Maiduguri by patholaw: 10:00pm On Mar 03, 2013
watin dey pain na as u dey kill dem na so dem dey recruit those almajiri boiz....
Re: Boko-Haram Attack Army Barrack In Maiduguri by Ahmedie25(m): 10:00pm On Mar 03, 2013
confusion247: This is good news.
Are u high?
Re: Boko-Haram Attack Army Barrack In Maiduguri by Omexonomy: 10:01pm On Mar 03, 2013
coogar: jonathan goodluck has failed nigeria........
as as how. Dont you think it might be the money 500million naira APC contributed to the BH that they are using to try to distabilse the country. My fellow enthanol drinkers put on ur thinking cap and you will see that 2 + 2 = 4.

9 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Attack Army Barrack In Maiduguri by Chamber10(m): 10:02pm On Mar 03, 2013
“We will continue waging war against them until we succeeded in establishing an Islamic state in Nigeria"[b][/b]

I disagree with the above. He can say "Islamic state in Arewastan"

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Attack Army Barrack In Maiduguri by FindOut(m): 10:03pm On Mar 03, 2013
Akshow:
The attack in the village of Monguno, some 200 kilometers (125 miles) from the city of Maiduguri, punctuated the video statement by Abubakar Shekau that said Nigeria will remain under attack by the group until the multiethnic nation is ruled under Islamic law. Shekau also threatened the man who in recent months claimed to be a leader of Boko Haram and said that the group wanted to agree to a cease-fire with Nigeria’s security forces.

The attack Sunday, coupled with the recent kidnappings of foreigners claimed by Boko Haram and its affiliates, offered fresh doubts about the ability of Nigeria’s weak central government to stop the bloodshed, despite its deployment of more security forces in the region.

“Whoever kills any of our members should await a grave retaliation from us,” Shekau says in the video in the Hausa language of Nigeria’s predominantly Muslim north. “We will continue waging war against them until we succeeded in establishing an Islamic state in Nigeria.”

In a statement, military spokesman Lt. Col. Sagir Musa said that 20 “Boko Haram terrorists” were killed, without acknowledging that at least one civilian had been killed. Musa also did not say if any soldiers had been wounded or killed in the attack. Nigeria’s military routinely downplays civilian and soldier casualty figures.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/africa/in-video-boko-haram-leader-denies-peace-talks-with-nigeria-promises-violence-will-continue/2013/03/03/acb0edb2-83ea-11e2-a80b-3edc779b676f_story.html

@ 1st and 2nd bolded, even the most hardline muslim in Nigeria knows it is not realistically possible that the entire Nigerian state be under islamic law. these guys are just out to make trouble and cause chaos. They attacked a barracks which is most likely peopled by soldiers of northern extraction majority of whom are muslims. We all need to collectively keep the government on its toes to stop these people. They have the budget, they have the manpower, we need action to stamp these guys out FOR GOOD!

@ 3rd bolded, see wetin Washington Post dey talk about a whole Nigeria's millitary.lol

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Attack Army Barrack In Maiduguri by Nobody: 10:03pm On Mar 03, 2013
Thought they ceased fire,well,since they recant their stand,the govt should hesitate to flush them out.
Re: Boko-Haram Attack Army Barrack In Maiduguri by Nobody: 10:04pm On Mar 03, 2013
good new!!!!!!!!!
kill em all .
their reward of 71 virgins await em in their paradise.
Re: Boko-Haram Attack Army Barrack In Maiduguri by Nobody: 10:05pm On Mar 03, 2013
Na dem know
Re: Boko-Haram Attack Army Barrack In Maiduguri by GEJTILL2019(m): 10:06pm On Mar 03, 2013
islam agai....imagine the world without islam embarassed

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Attack Army Barrack In Maiduguri by Monsieurshow(m): 10:07pm On Mar 03, 2013
I know that these people are so arrogant,they thought it would be like the free opertion they had at sss base in Abuja."MUMU" good for them
Re: Boko-Haram Attack Army Barrack In Maiduguri by Moukafoam(f): 10:08pm On Mar 03, 2013
“We will continue waging war against them until we succeeded in establishing an Islamic state in Nigeria.”

Later you will hear " do not post any comment that is offensive to Islam"

Yet they want to Islamize Nigeria by force undecided

7 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Attack Army Barrack In Maiduguri by greatgod2012(f): 10:09pm On Mar 03, 2013
So, these BH pple never stop their attacks, na wa o!

Anyway, by tomorrow now, they will come and say its not their members that were killed...........useless wicked pple!
Re: Boko-Haram Attack Army Barrack In Maiduguri by coogar: 10:11pm On Mar 03, 2013
Omexonomy: as as how. Dont you think it might be the money 500million naira APC contributed to the BH that they are using to try to distabilse the country. My fellow enthanol drinkers put on ur thinking cap and you will see that 2 + 2 = 4.

with all the resources jonathan has got, it's a disgrace he has not been able to put boko haram down. just last night, the chadian army killed bekhtar molbekhtar (one of the leaders of al-qaeda in a raid in mali). chad republic of all countries - taking care of business.....and you have the president of the most populous black nation on the planet doing nothing but wear cowboy hat like he's in el paso. jonathan is a tool..........

8 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Attack Army Barrack In Maiduguri by alluson(m): 10:12pm On Mar 03, 2013
I beg u in the name of God, please go gnd get sense even if it warrants u to borrow it
coogar: jonathan goodluck has failed nigeria........

7 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Attack Army Barrack In Maiduguri by Moukafoam(f): 10:14pm On Mar 03, 2013
alluson: I beg u in the name of God, please go gnd get sense even if it warrants u to borrow it

Mr. Sensible why not borrow him some of yours wink

3 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Attack Army Barrack In Maiduguri by brownlord: 10:16pm On Mar 03, 2013
Since this news is not about, oyedepo, orisejafor, adeboye, will allow those almagiris on NL to rant about one pastor buying jet, u wont see all the boko haram on nairaland condemn the animalistic act of their broders and members

4 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Attack Army Barrack In Maiduguri by searay(m): 10:18pm On Mar 03, 2013
Now that BH have toy not to cease fire, Amnesty International and human Woman Right groups will not talk.
See morale taking the game to the soldiers in their barracks, BH total headless.
Re: Boko-Haram Attack Army Barrack In Maiduguri by damola311: 10:18pm On Mar 03, 2013
Omexonomy: as as how. Dont you think it might be the money 500million naira APC contributed to the BH that they are using to try to distabilse the country. My fellow enthanol drinkers put on ur thinking cap and you will see that 2 + 2 = 4.

I dey laugh in burundi language.......hohohohoho
Re: Boko-Haram Attack Army Barrack In Maiduguri by Nobody: 10:19pm On Mar 03, 2013
Huh! Okay!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Igbos Will Suffer If They Eventually Get Biafra - Apc’s National Treasurer / APC Orders 3m Bunches Of Brooms For New Members In Cross River / Ex-Customs Boss, Oladipupo Kuye Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.