Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,404 members, 7,819,430 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:08 PM

Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market (10690 Views)

Ambode Presents Gift To Fashola At Law Dinner (Photos) / Agbaje’s Response To Fashola’s Tax Indictment / Prophet To Fashola: Re-open Yaba Railway Market Or Lose Your Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market by Nobody: 9:11am On Mar 04, 2013
0lumide: Make him go use him senatorial power open am naa....

The traders should go and clean up the market.

Geez!!! I can't believe this people. You make a living from somewhere and the place got shut because it is dirty, what were you suppose to do? CLEAN UP!!!

Clean up and get back to your livelihood. If you are not going to clean up, you can as well forget about the market. Should Lagos state government clean the place up, the market is gone bye bye.
bad belle people go hear am dis year.Notin for ‎u guy.Oga na master!!
Re: Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market by bory09(m): 9:16am On Mar 04, 2013
Fashola we know say you are right but no use over do spoil the matter. It don do we know go do ham again okay oya open the market biko, é jo, na gode
Re: Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market by Kx: 9:16am On Mar 04, 2013
Some of us were attracted to this thread mistaking Uba for UBA-United Bank for Africa.

Kindly modify topic to read Andy Uba- not just Uba.
Re: Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market by Nobody: 9:17am On Mar 04, 2013
They should go and clean the market jareeee.They want to turb it into Onitsha.Rawbitch!
Re: Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market by Fr33lanc3: 9:38am On Mar 04, 2013
0lumide: Make him go use him senatorial power open am naa....

The traders should go and clean up the market.

Geez!!! I can't believe this people. You make a living from somewhere and the place got shut because it is dirty, what were you suppose to do? CLEAN UP!!!

Clean up and get back to your livelihood. If you are not going to clean up, you can as well forget about the market. Should Lagos state government clean the place up, the market is gone bye bye.
how do u clean up when the place is locked up
Re: Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market by mrofficial2(m): 9:40am On Mar 04, 2013
Kx: Some of us were attracted to this thread mistaking Uba for UBA-United Bank for Africa.

Kindly modify topic to read Andy Uba- not just Uba.

Mistaken Uba for UBA? WHY?!!!
Re: Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market by texazzpete(m): 9:45am On Mar 04, 2013
OkparaIgbo: I see no begging in Uba's statement.. undecided Very mischievous journalism here. As for the traders and anyone that thinks it is the in thing to run your business outside of Ala Igbo then ntooooooo to you on how you are been treated each and everytime..! When will you all begin to learn. As for me I run my business fully in the South East and there is no way I'm moving it to anyother region until I am satisfied that I have covered and saturated my region...Tufia kwa. I learnt from my Dad and I have since grown to see wisdom in his business decisions. To all those Igbo business men and women running away from Ala Igbo, keep running.! Are you a learner..? angry

Yes, keep polluting 'Ala igbo'. We remember those rubbish piles on the streets of Aba all too well.

The Government says they shut the market because of its filthiness. Pictures confirm the market was indescribably filthy. Why not exhort your brothers to clean up the place first and THEN AND ONLY THEN complain if the now-clean market is not re-opened?

People like you who will not do the right thing - and who will never exhort others to do the right thing - are part and parcel of the reason why Nigeria is in such a mess.
Rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market by aryzgreat: 9:45am On Mar 04, 2013
Dudu_Negro: this market has been closed a week and when Fashola visited it still has not been cleaned. thats what i call defiance.

here's what the government should do......give these nuts till close of business on friday to clean the place up and be ready for an inspection saturday morning. if they fail to clean up or fail the inspection, then demolish the market and use the space for something else. the traders must be banned from running any registered trade in lagos for 5yrs and if caught violating the order or caught in a crime, they will be charged to court to face prosecution.

How will they clean the market when police APC is station at every nooks of the market and traders are not allowed entrance?
Re: Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market by ochukoccna: 9:45am On Mar 04, 2013
Dudu_Negro:
there is a senator in lagos whose constituency ladipo is located in. the proper political thing to do is to pull his peer aside and seek a comprimising outcome and not issuing a brash and irresponsible politically damaging comment in media.

i tell you mehn, ibos make it hard for anyone to come in their defense. imagine a senator crossing his constituent to go address issue with the governor of another state. oh my!
You are right about his statement been politically mischievious
He should have been more discreet rather than pandering to sentiments
The LASG and Ladipo's traders have been at this for a while and why it is true many of the traders are currently jobless,the state too is losing in form of levies
YET THE CURRENT LADIPO IS A CESSPIT
LET IT BE CLEANSED BEFORE REOPENING
And tell Uba to take his gubernatorial campaign to Anambra
The Judas should stop playing Jesus
Was it not the same Uba brothers who openly kidnapped and terrorized a sitting governor on national TV?
Re: Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market by Ngwakwe: 9:46am On Mar 04, 2013
There is no proper drainage with modern Affluent treatment plant for those used oil flowing to the near by communities and river.

Has Fashola sent waste disposal trucks and containers to Ladipo market for the cleaning? No

Fashola should do his job and put down a safe operating procedure for the perfect sanitation of this Auto market and use Law Enforcement Agency to have them comply after DOING YOUR OWN PART AS THE GOVERNOR.
Re: Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market by ayodot(m): 9:52am On Mar 04, 2013
So, because a market was partially closed, so those involved could clean the place, then some are shouting brim stone and fire.
that one of the problems we are guilty of as Nigerians, we don't have maintenance culture. if any one try to force cleanliness then he's any people.
A Yoruba proverb say 'Ti di ba baje, to nidi londa' meaning if one allows ones heritage be destroyed its the owner of the heritage that bears the brunt.
people should learn to take care of things in their care, without being forced to do so

1 Like

Re: Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market by codeworks(m): 9:57am On Mar 04, 2013
OkparaIgbo: I see no begging in Uba's statement.. undecided Very mischievous journalism here. As for the traders and anyone that thinks it is the in thing to run your business outside of Ala Igbo then ntooooooo to you on how you are been treated each and everytime..! When will you all begin to learn. As for me I run my business fully in the South East and there is no way I'm moving it to anyother region until I am satisfied that I have covered and saturated my region...Tufia kwa. I learnt from my Dad and I have since grown to see wisdom in his business decisions. To all those Igbo business men and women running away from Ala Igbo, keep running.! Are you a learner..? angry

Thirded if there is any word like that. Lol
Re: Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market by PointB: 9:58am On Mar 04, 2013
Ngwakwe: There is no proper drainage with modern Affluent treatment plant for those used oil flowing to the near by communities and river.

Has Fashola sent waste disposal trucks and container to Ladipo market for the cleaning?

Fashola, do your job and put down a safe operating procedure for the perfect sanitation of this Auto market and use Law Enforcement Agency to have them comply after DOING YOUR OWN PART AS THE GOVERNOR.

Exactly my point.

Is there any evidence to suggest that the traders frustrated the effort of the sanitation agents. There is even nothing to suggest that proper waste disposal services were offered to the traders.

I think LASG has lost it. The primary reaction of the LASG is often to wrong one most often than not. I think this is nothing but a red herring, orchestrated to obfuscate other pertinent issue concerning the government and it's agencies.

Eventually the market will be re-open, and it will be business as usual, unless the Government as a facilitator does what it ought to have done, before the knee jerk reaction of market closure.
Re: Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market by tecboss: 10:07am On Mar 04, 2013
Obiora4life: Mr Senator Ndi Anambra,

After you're done begging, isn't it time you start thinking of alternatives? When would we learn? For all those who had been losing market, as much as I feel pity for you, but I hate to say that if this have to happen to open your eyes, then good. Obu osisi nulu na aga ebgutu ya, kwulu, mmadu nulu na aga egbu ya, o walu ben Johnson...
...walu ben johnson grin grin grin
Re: Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market by basadenet: 10:49am On Mar 04, 2013
Tolexander: that is too harsh man!

This is not harsh. They should be meant to comply with all environmental laws of the land. Can they try it in any of their S.E. states.
Re: Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market by ifyalways(f): 10:53am On Mar 04, 2013
How would the market be cleaned if its locked up?
Are the zealous police still on ground?Folks might fear and risk arrest if found within that zone,regardless of the purpose.
Do they need to engage a professional cleaning outfit or something undecided

If ladipo is important to both parties(traders and Fash),they should do the right thing.
Re: Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market by basadenet: 10:58am On Mar 04, 2013
ifyalways: How would the market be cleaned if its locked up?
Are the zealous police still on ground?Folks might fear and risk arrest if found within that zone,regardless of the purpose.
Do they need to engage a professional cleaning outfit or something undecided

If ladipo is important to both parties(traders and Fash),they should do the right thing.
Who told you that the market is important to fashola? It is the market traders that should do the right thing, the market is so filthy.
Re: Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market by Nobody: 11:26am On Mar 04, 2013
Re: Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market by OkparaIgbo: 12:26pm On Mar 04, 2013
texazzpete:

Yes, keep polluting 'Ala igbo'. We remember those rubbish piles on the streets of Aba all too well.

The Government says they shut the market because of its filthiness. Pictures confirm the market was indescribably filthy. Why not exhort your brothers to clean up the place first and THEN AND ONLY THEN complain if the now-clean market is not re-opened?

People like you who will not do the right thing - and who will never exhort others to do the right thing - are part and parcel of the reason why Nigeria is in such a mess.
Rubbish.

Dude shut up and stop playing a fool, it's too early for that.! The point is not pollution, my point here is what structures did the government put in place to make sure the place is not turned filthy or a mess as the case may be and are you telling me that there were no leaders to hold responsible in the market?.. Let me expose you to a lil message, Governments don't just close down a whole market because of dirt, rather they sanction the traders and their leaders and give them ultimatum to put things right..that is how it is done everywhere and should be the case in a state in which a lawyer is the governor.! Yes I know the place is dirty and filthy but this is way more than the filth, it is more about the money (tax fashola or the commissioner believes should be more) and control (I will show you who is the boss). Like I said I would keep my businesses here in my region and those running away from it can keep doing that.!

1 Like

Re: Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market by chievo: 12:46pm On Mar 04, 2013
Dudu_Negro: this market has been closed a week and when Fashola visited it still has not been cleaned. thats what i call defiance.

here's what the government should do......give these nuts till close of business on friday to clean the place up and be ready for an inspection saturday morning. if they fail to clean up or fail the inspection, then demolish the market and use the space for something else. the traders must be banned from running any registered trade in lagos for 5yrs and if caught violating the order or caught in a crime, they will be charged to court to face prosecution.
..............Dey dea dey rant... dey told u wat dey wnt u 2 hear nd blieve....ladipo nd alabarago wich is more dirtia? .......Ezi. ..mtcheeeeeeew
Re: Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market by senator2k9(m): 12:49pm On Mar 04, 2013
liberty300: Please op, where in his statement did he "beg"? Why are you this misleading?
thee word "appeal" is a political term which means "beg"! Just like politicians neva steal "money", they only embezzle "funds" .
Re: Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market by Dede1(m): 1:00pm On Mar 04, 2013
Why Nigerians are barrenly articulate when faced with issues slightly tinted with tribalism? It is not the responsibilities of the traders to cleanup market square. The traders pay taxes, including the environmental fees, to the government. The failure to maintain proper environmental atmosphere at Ladipo Market rests on the shoulders of idiotic Fashola’s government of Lagos State.

It is unfortunate Nigeria is a piece of dirt where airheads tend to lead bunch of moronic ninnies.

3 Likes

Re: Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market by Obiora4life: 1:35pm On Mar 04, 2013
tecboss:
...walu ben johnson grin grin grin

Lol, did I lie?

It's very obvious and unfortunate that a whole lots of people cannot see the economic war waged against them, this is not how it's done in civilized societies. It's very saddening that Fashola will stoop this low to engage in dubious activity of extortion by closing down the market, and will use backdoor to accept money to reopen it. The environmental sanity of the market rest on the govt, not the people, that is why we elect a govt to take care of public places.

When a tree knows it will be cut down, it stays because it cannot run, but when a person hears he will be cut, he flees. I pity for the traders, but now isn't the time for pittance, now is the time to rise up to the challenge and do something positive. If it happened last week, IT WILL CONTINUOUSLY HAPPEN OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN.
Re: Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market by texazzpete(m): 1:53pm On Mar 04, 2013
Dede1:
Why Nigerians are barrenly articulate when faced with issues slightly tinted with tribalism? It is not the responsibilities of the traders to cleanup market square. The traders pay taxes, including the environmental fees, to the government. The failure to maintain proper environmental atmosphere at Ladipo Market rests on the shoulders of idiotic Fashola’s government of Lagos State.

It is unfortunate Nigeria is a piece of dirt where airheads tend to lead bunch of moronic ninnies.

Next time you get caught by police for driving around during environmental sanitation hours, tell them you pay taxes and see where that excuse lands you.
Using your twisted logic, a tax paying company is well within its rights to dump waste material outside in plain sight because 'they pay taxes'.

Most of the time, these taxes don't even get anywhere near the Government.

4 Likes

Re: Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market by Obiora4life: 3:01pm On Mar 04, 2013
texazzpete:

Next time you get caught by police for driving around during environmental sanitation hours, tell them you pay taxes and see where that excuse lands you.
Using your twisted logic, a tax paying company is well within its rights to dump waste material outside in plain sight because 'they pay taxes'.

Does environmental hours actually equal to people actually cleaning up? No a tax paying company expects the government, city council or counties to actually provide a designated pick up for their thrash. That is why you pay taxes, let the govt decide it's cleanup measures.

1 Like

Re: Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market by hercules07: 3:06pm On Mar 04, 2013
texazzpete:

Do not mind these guys, because we pay taxes, we will dump all of our responsibilities on the government, the traders are filth personified, the government needs to break up the cartels in that place, build appropriate structure and tax them appropriately, if the traders require LAWMA, let them approach LAWMA for their services.

1 Like

Re: Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market by GARRIx10: 3:08pm On Mar 04, 2013
Fashola should give the traders a deadline after which if they still refuse to clean up the Market they'll lose their shops..

If you can't use ur common sense to keep your environment clean, the off to ur village!!

1 Like

Re: Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market by Obiora4life: 3:17pm On Mar 04, 2013
.Garri (x7):
Fashola should give the traders a deadline after which if they still refuse to clean up the Market they'll lose their shops..

If you can't use ur common sense to keep your environment clean, the off to ur village!!

If they loose it, not the best idea, but it will force them to seek alternative elsewhere, don't you think so?
Re: Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market by GARRIx10: 3:27pm On Mar 04, 2013
Obiora4life:

If they loose it, not the best idea, but it will force them to seek alternative elsewhere, don't you think so?

Yea and when they get to another place they'd have learnt not to destroy the environment of ur hosts...
Re: Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market by tutu1: 3:43pm On Mar 04, 2013
You are a mad tribalistic goat, is Uba not Nigerian too? abi is Nigeria not for every one ? this is a democracy and anybody can make statements as he/she pleases.
Dudu_Negro: shouldnt uba be concerned about events in his senatorial district?

1. go find who demolished ojukwu library;
2. go find why igbo bodies are floating in ezu river;
3. go find who killed kwara police commissioner;
4. go find the kidnappers terrorizing SE.

there is a senator in lagos whose constituency ladipo is located in. the proper political thing to do is to pull his peer aside and seek a comprimising outcome and not issuing a brash and irresponsible politically damaging comment in media.

garri, i tell you mehn, ibos make it hard for anyone to come in their defense. imagine a senator crossing his constituent to go address issue with the governor of another state. oh my!
Re: Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market by Obiora4life: 3:44pm On Mar 04, 2013
.Garri (x7):

Yea and when they get to another place they'd have learnt not to destroy the environment of ur hosts...

They have also learned to be wise to know that their hosts can be irresponsible and should apply precautionary measures.
Re: Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market by GARRIx10: 3:51pm On Mar 04, 2013
Obiora4life:

They have also learned to be wise to know that their hosts can be irresponsible and should apply precautionary measures.

Thankfully, they've recognised their shortcoming and have promised to be of Good behaviour henceforth.
So I hope they clear up the mess they created and the market get reopens and everyone lives happily afterwards..

cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Omokri: Alleged Source Denies Saharareporters, Doubts Authenticity / Larry Odey Defects To APC With 5,000 Others In Cross River / Labour Party Is No Threat: APC Denies Involvement With Attack On 'obidients'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.