Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,141 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:36 PM

Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market (10684 Views)

Ambode Presents Gift To Fashola At Law Dinner (Photos) / Agbaje’s Response To Fashola’s Tax Indictment / Prophet To Fashola: Re-open Yaba Railway Market Or Lose Your Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market by Dede1(m): 3:53pm On Mar 04, 2013
texazzpete:

Next time you get caught by police for driving around during environmental sanitation hours, tell them you pay taxes and see where that excuse lands you.
Using your twisted logic, a tax paying company is well within its rights to dump waste material outside in plain sight because 'they pay taxes'.

Most of the time, these taxes don't even get anywhere near the Government.

It is unfortunate you will brand yourself as a cream of crops from Nigeria. What a warped analogy. I am not surprised that in your infinite wisdom you compared a market square owned and run by Local Government in Lagos State to a private company. Have you owned and operated a company in Nigeria?

Fashola’s Lagos State government should go after the owner’s of the market not traders for lack of environmental upkeep of the market square. The traders had done their part by paying all dues and levies to the government. The law surrounding a market square is different from the one that governors manufacturing or none manufacturing company.

Talking about police and environmental sanitation hours is hilarious. Did you not read about Nigeria being a piece of dirt in my previous post? It is only in a jungle such as Nigeria that citizens are harassed during the so-called environmental sanitation hours.
Re: Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market by Obiora4life: 3:58pm On Mar 04, 2013
.Garri (x7):

Thankfully, they've recognised their shortcoming and have promised to be of Good behaviour henceforth.
So I hope they clear up the mess they created and the market get reopens and everyone lives happily afterwards..

cheesy

There wouldn't be need for that, as much as I feel their suffering, I for one want the market to remain closed. Personally, I want them seeking other alternatives, anywhere but that place. cool
Re: Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market by GARRIx10: 4:03pm On Mar 04, 2013
Obiora4life:

There wouldn't be need for that, as much as I feel their suffering, I for one want the market to remain closed. Personally, I want them seeking other alternatives, anywhere but that place. cool

If you were in their shoes you'd understand their situation better..

These traders have the BEST Alternative and they're not going anywhere..

Don't even suggest that they go to the East cos that's a NO-NO..
Re: Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market by Obiora4life: 4:10pm On Mar 04, 2013
.Garri (x7):

If you were in their shoes you'd understand their situation better..

These traders have the BEST Alternative and they're not going anywhere..

Don't even suggest that they go to the East cos that's a NO-NO..

If you're making N100billion a day like they claimed they are, spare parts dealers build ASPAMDA complex in Lagos though I call it foolishness of the highest order, they should do the same...

They have BEST alternative because it's Lagos abi? Why is that? Is market no longer subject to demand and supply?

Why is the East a NO-NO? Aren't there businesses in the East? Besides, who said anything about the East? I said let them find other alternative. They said they're 150 of them in their union making this billions, if they're Igbos, since they control a good portion of the market, let them go to the east and build a better complex, spare parts dealers did it. Today, a good portion of spare parts dealers like motorcycles and their rest are from the east.
Re: Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market by hercules07: 4:51pm On Mar 04, 2013
Obiora4life:

If you're making N100billion a day like they claimed they are, spare parts dealers build ASPAMDA complex in Lagos though I call it foolishness of the highest order, they should do the same...

They have BEST alternative because it's Lagos abi? Why is that? Is market no longer subject to demand and supply?

Why is the East a NO-NO? Aren't there businesses in the East? Besides, who said anything about the East? I said let them find other alternative. They said they're 150 of them in their union making this billions, if they're Igbos, since they control a good portion of the market, let them go to the east and build a better complex, spare parts dealers did it. Today, a good portion of spare parts dealers like motorcycles and their rest are from the east.

You do know that aspamda is within the trade fair complex and that complex was built by the government.
Re: Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market by DuduNegro: 5:12pm On Mar 04, 2013
Thanks to all of you for keeping the conversation on topic. A quick reminder, we are in the third month of the year, all traders in Lagos are reminded of the huge benefits of revenue to the state. Tax is a huge chunk of the revenue stream, you are hereby reminded of your tax obligations to the state and encouraged not to delay in remitting your payment immediately. Your failure to pay tax is a criminal offense punishable under state law.
Re: Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market by Obiora4life: 5:14pm On Mar 04, 2013
hercules07:

You do know that aspamda is within the trade fair complex and that complex was built by the government.

YOU LIE when you say the complex was built by the govt, which govt?... Yes I know trade fair is within the complex but the actual COMPLEX actually called Auto Spare Parts and Machinery Dealers Association (ASPAMDA) was collectively built by SPARE PARTS DEALERS. The land it was built on "like I heard" was leased for 99 years, go ahead and subpoena using FOI bill and see for yourself.
Re: Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market by GARRIx10: 5:15pm On Mar 04, 2013
Dudu_Negro: Thanks to all of you for keeping the conversation on topic. A quick reminder, we are in the third month of the year, all traders in Lagos are reminded of the huge benefits of revenue to the state. Tax is a huge chunk of the revenue stream, you are hereby reminded of your tax obligations to the state and encouraged not to delay in remitting your payment immediately. Your failure to pay tax is a criminal offense punishable under state law.

But you dey craze sha!!

cheesycheesy
Re: Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market by DuduNegro: 5:19pm On Mar 04, 2013
.Garri (x7):

But you dey craze sha!!

cheesycheesy

my cousins need scholarship money abeg. cheesy
Re: Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market by dayokanu(m): 5:26pm On Mar 04, 2013
If the law is not comfortable tell Andy Uba to open his own state so you can soil it the way you want

Pigs
Re: Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market by geeez: 6:01pm On Mar 04, 2013
You can't come to desecrate our land and expect that we will just let it pass

Has he bothered talking his scummy brothers?
Re: Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market by Nobody: 9:47pm On Mar 04, 2013
OkparaIgbo: I see no begging in Uba's statement.. undecided Very mischievous journalism here. As for the traders and anyone that thinks it is the in thing to run your business outside of Ala Igbo then ntooooooo to you on how you are been treated each and everytime..! When will you all begin to learn. As for me I run my business fully in the South East and there is no way I'm moving it to anyother region until I am satisfied that I have covered and saturated my region...Tufia kwa. I learnt from my Dad and I have since grown to see wisdom in his business decisions. To all those Igbo business men and women running away from Ala Igbo, keep running.! Are you a learner..? angry

No mind them, i dont know if they are wiser than Innocent Chukwuma of Innoson motors. the truth is if the spareparts market is in onitsha, buyers will still come there to get their spare parts.
Re: Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market by Obiora4life: 10:13pm On Mar 04, 2013
okpara ugo:

No mind them, i dont know if they are wiser than Innocent Chukwuma of Innoson motors. the truth is if the spareparts market is in onitsha, buyers will still come there to get their spare parts.

That is what they never learn, after all, there are motorcycle spare parts manufacturers in the east including Innoson, people travel there to go and buy. Let them traders continue to deceive themselves. It happened today, IT WILL HAPPEN AGAIN, next time, they will burn down the entire market.
Re: Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market by asha80(m): 10:35pm On Mar 04, 2013
Obiora4life:

That is what they never learn, after all, there are motorcycle spare parts manufacturers in the east including Innoson, people travel there to go and buy. Let them traders continue to deceive themselves. It happened today, IT WILL HAPPEN AGAIN, next time, they will burn down the entire market.
correct me if i am wrong but onitsha axis already has a spare parts market via nkpor spare parts market.nkwo nnnewi is also known.
Re: Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market by omonnakoda: 11:15pm On Mar 04, 2013
There is a difference between trading i.e . buying and selling and Engineering/Industrial work. If all that is happening there was just trading there would be no problem after all that is what a market is. A market should not generate oil,or diesel. A market is not for cutting and joining engines,welding etc all of that is like a chemist coming to make drugs in the market or baking biscuit etc. THese traders have converted the market into a scrapyard+a mechanic workshop and welding industry. All that kind of activity should stop.Tokunbo containers should be offloaded and their contents prepared for sale(cleaned etc) ELSEWHERE. There at promised land you see people joining Engines,cutting engines and even welling cars that that were cut in half before import. IS THAT TRADING or part of Market activity??

There are two kinds of spare part traders in civilized places NEW and USED from scrap vehicles. The latter are sold in scrapyards/Junkyards whid are privately owned and the owners are responsible for cleaning.
IN Lagos the correct place for Tokunboh parts is a place like Owode ONirin while Ladipo should sell Only Packaged products. That is the Obvious solution.

as is obvious from the images scrap parts are not sold in the middle of town or next to peoples' homes

The bigger boys among them shoul acquire one of those large properties along Apapa Oshodi Expressway or go to the Industrial estates in Ikeja or Apapa. That is the way to go.
The business needs to modernize.

1 Like

Re: Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market by Afam4evaIsASlut: 8:07am On Mar 05, 2013
But maybe its time to figure out quick how theyre going to open the market real quick because people's livelihood are on the line. Even if to open it and try to enforce the new regulation as cleanup goes on. If the market is as big as I assume to be (in terms of money being generated---based on how you guys are all portraying this market), big money is being lost while everyone wobbles around not knowing the next course of action to take. The traders can even organize themselves into groups and take turns cleaning as trading continues. You just know say when na your group turn to clean, you must close up shop be that. The sooner they think up something like that, the better for them because if not all theyll do is complain while theyre losing money. If theyre even raking in 1/10th of the money which they claim they are, thats big bucks. And for those saying directly and indirectly saying they deserve to lose money, know that if it affects their purchasing power, thats another thousands of peole with no money to spend, it will affect Lagos, and anything that affects Lagos affects Nigeria.
Re: Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market by DuduNegro: 8:23am On Mar 05, 2013
Afam4evaIsASlut: But maybe its time to figure out quick how theyre going to open the market real quick because people's livelihood are on the line. Even if to open it and try to enforce the new regulation as cleanup goes on. If the market is as big as I assume to be (in terms of money being generated--- based on what you guys are all portraying this market), big money is being lost while everyone wobbles around not knowing the next course of action to take. The traders can even take turns by organizing themselves into groups and take turns cleaning as trading continues. You just know say when na your croup turn to clean, you must close up shop be that. The sooner they think up something like that, the better for them because if not all theyll do is complain while theyre losing money. If theyre even raking in 1/10th of the money which they claim they are, thats big bucks. And for those saying directly and indirectly saying they deserve to lose money, know that if it affects their purchasing power, thats another thousands of peole with no money to spend, it will affect Lagos, and anything that affects Lagos affects Nigeria.

there is a saying in yoruba, "oja oyingbo....ko mo p'enikan o wa". oyingbo market misses no one! Lagos state, geographically is a midget, but economically is a giant. the economy of Lagos is so huge and diversified that a miniscule drop of it taken away makes no adverse impact to the net revenue.

i want that market to remain closed for a month and see who looses. ladipo market has competition. if they are not opened customers will not hurt as they will soon throng to other markets. Lagos state has no competition....where else will these guys go and get away with half the shyytload of rubbish they get away with in Lagos....in fact who in Nigeria wants them? Nobody! So customers will not be on the loosing end, Lagos could care less about their tax, nobody else want them in their state.....so guess what, they are stuck on a dead-end street and about to have the street fold up on them. Loosers!
Re: Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market by IYANGBALI: 8:51am On Mar 05, 2013
fkaz:

May be you are not conversant with the word URGE
urge?is it not when a man or woman is feeling Hot you use urge?did uba tell you he was feeling Hot?abeg o
Re: Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market by hercules07: 8:53am On Mar 05, 2013
Obiora4life:

YOU LIE when you say the complex was built by the govt, which govt?... Yes I know trade fair is within the complex but the actual COMPLEX actually called Auto Spare Parts and Machinery Dealers Association (ASPAMDA) was collectively built by SPARE PARTS DEALERS. The land it was built on "like I heard" was leased for 99 years, go ahead and subpoena using FOI bill and see for yourself.

http://aspamdaonline.com/

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BlackBerry Thief Sentenced To 3-month Community Service / BREAKING!!! Jubril: Nnamdi Kanu Releases Fresh 'forensic Evidence'(photos) / Religion Population According To Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.