Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,631 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:11 PM

Okorocha Is A Failure - PDP - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha Is A Failure - PDP (10167 Views)

16 Years Of Failure: Pdp's 6 Steps To Redemption / Fashola’s Tenure, A Failure –PDP / OMG! Okorocha Is Evil - By Morakinyo Olugbiji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okorocha Is A Failure - PDP by dayokanu(m): 4:50pm On Mar 05, 2013
The same people lauding okorocha as the best governor few months ago are now calling him a failure because he allied with APC.

Wonder why people dont take you serious
Re: Okorocha Is A Failure - PDP by asha80(m): 4:58pm On Mar 05, 2013
Abagworo:

@bolded. I'm so in support of you. A lot more is still undone but anyone saying Rochas has not done anything is only peddling falsehood. Owerri is actually the finest city in the East if all parameters are put into consideration. Orlu by the end of this year could also be among the most developed cities in the East. So when one counts Aba, Onitsha, Enugu and Owerri, Orlu comes next. That alone is a legacy achievement. To build a new city is not a day's job. I've not been to Mbaise and Okigwe but I have information of infrastructural miracles going on in those places as well.

However that is not enough as more is needed from him and not merely road construction and beautification. Akwa-Ibom for example is wallowing in poverty despite the huge allocations and massive road constructions. There are no cars to use the roads and no modern houses to adorn the new layouts. No money for residents to pay for flight in the new airport and low turn out of tourists.
if the citizens of akwa ibom are complaining that they not have money to buy cars or take flights then they have to get enterpreuneural.what do you want the akwa ibom state govt to do?share money for the massess?have you wondered whether those guys from onitsha or from aba need you to share money for them or build infratsructure for them?
Re: Okorocha Is A Failure - PDP by Abagworo(m): 5:13pm On Mar 05, 2013
asha 80: if the citizens of akwa ibom are complaining that they not have money to buy cars or take flights then they have to get enterpreuneural.what do you want the akwa ibom state govt to do?share money for the massess?have you wondered whether those guys from onitsha or from aba need you to share money for them or build infratsructure for them?

The reason is not far fetched. Julius Berger is getting all the juicy contracts at over-inflated cost and only employ indigenes as laborers. Most of their real staffs are living in Port Harcourt, Lagos and Abuja and travel there weekends to spend Akwa-Ibom money. Even when not in Lagos, you'll spot them in Calabar spending frivolously. Julius Berger sub-contracts are awarded from Abuja instead of Uyo to Northerners who in turn sublet them to Igbos mostly in Aba that will execute the job and pay Northerners their percentage. So at the end of the day nothing is left for the indigenes.
Re: Okorocha Is A Failure - PDP by Afam4eva(m): 5:26pm On Mar 05, 2013
seanet02: Insightful.
Okorocha seems to be performing.
I have more trust in you and berem than proud-ibo and other Gej lickers
lol grin grin grin

Suddenly Okorocha is now performing because he joined APC

Nigeria is in trouble

Meanwhile see comments you made before Rochas joined APC

Nominate your worst govenors

seanet02: No other governor than Chief Rochas Okorocha Owele, the man with special adviser on Comedy. Always coming up with ideas that can not stand the test of time

seanet02: Where will this happen? Meaning the motive of appointing a special adviser on health is primarily to generate funds and not the look after the real health sector. Very ibotic reasoning.

seanet02:
please let us know what he has really done not fake addresses please

seanet02: why should i believe that Cockroach is better than Fashola?
No sign of Capital projects?
no sign of roundabouts that are ibosian standard of good governance?
No sign of Kidnappers fleeing imo?
No sign of free education all mouth and mouth
Re: Okorocha Is A Failure - PDP by BabaTony: 6:16pm On Mar 05, 2013
Abagworo:

The reason is not far fetched. Julius Berger is getting all the juicy contracts at over-inflated cost and only employ indigenes as laborers. Most of their real staffs are living in Port Harcourt, Lagos and Abuja and travel there weekends to spend Akwa-Ibom money. Even when not in Lagos, you'll spot them in Calabar spending frivolously. Julius Berger sub-contracts are awarded from Abuja instead of Uyo to Northerners who in turn sublet them to Igbos mostly in Aba that will execute the job and pay Northerners their percentage. So at the end of the day nothing is left for the indigenes.

Would you stop telling lies. Who told you that jb staff spends money at ph, Lagos and abuja. For your information, the regional headquaters for jb's SE and SS operations is uyo akwa ibom state. Stop fooling yourself. There is nothing like subletting contracts to any igbo or northerner anywhere. I know 7 good coys owned by akwa ibomites that supply jb all sorts of things they need. As we speak jb is expanding their life camp at uyo to accomodate more staff and you here lying to uourself that they spend their money at wherever. Jb has been the best thing thing to akwa ibom roads and infrastructure so please dont come tell be about those hit and run local contractors who have turned ph into a pot hole infested confused place.
Re: Okorocha Is A Failure - PDP by Biafrarep(m): 6:17pm On Mar 05, 2013
asha 80: i actually wrote that because i remember you once writing that his projects were stalled and have remained on the same level for a long time.you were actually replying to one Lord Naya's post.
You asked for my verdict and I gave it but it appears you are sitting on the fence! So what is your honest view on Gov Rochas?
Re: Okorocha Is A Failure - PDP by Abagworo(m): 6:35pm On Mar 05, 2013
BabaTony:

Would you stop telling lies. Who told you that jb staff spends money at ph, Lagos and abuja. For your information, the regional headquaters for jb's SE and SS operations is uyo akwa ibom state. Stop fooling yourself. There is nothing like subletting contracts to any igbo or northerner anywhere. I know 7 good coys owned by akwa ibomites that supply jb all sorts of things they need. As we speak jb is expanding their life camp at uyo to accomodate more staff and you here lying to uourself that they spend their money at wherever. Jb has been the best thing thing to akwa ibom roads and infrastructure so please dont come tell be about those hit and run local contractors who have turned ph into a pot hole infested confused place.

I'm saying it because I'm very much aware. Your common sense should even tell you this .

Now go through this thread opened by an Akwa-Ibomite and understand the importance of local content.

www.nairaland.com/1212506/gov-godswill-akpabio-akwa-ibom

I'm not against Akpabio one bit but I only said Rochas should also concentrate on human development and agriculture rather than just road construction and beautification like Akpabio.
Re: Okorocha Is A Failure - PDP by chino11(m): 6:43pm On Mar 05, 2013
Biafra rep: Good to note that you acknowledge the fact that there has been activity going on like grading and pouring of laterite. Okorocha built a new dual carriage bypass(Sam Mbakwe road)off Bank/Orlu road, he is building another bypass off Aba road that would connect wetheral road with a bridge across the nworie river/erosion site. he built Imo school for advanced studies at Egbu(post degree institution) he built 10,000 capacity Ojukwu square at new Owerri. Rochas rebuilt the abandoned commissioners quarters at new Owerri( these buildings were not only eyesore but they also provided habitat for reptiles and miscreants. He is constructing a new road through virgin forest off Owerri/Onitsha express way. These are just the few I saw with my eyes when last I came to Owerri, THEY ARE BY NO MEANS EXHAUSTIVE! I had my university education at FUTO and I know Owerri and its environ like the lines on my palm! I witnessed the Achike Udenwa(8years) and Ikedi Ohakim(4 years) non can be compared to Rochas and he is barely two years old in Douglass house! My brother its obvious that you don't mean well for Imo state, please shed your crocodile tears for states like Abia, Delta, Anambra etc they are the ones that need your sympathy!

Must you ediots always draw Anambra-the Light of the Nation into una gibberish each time you gullible people are questioned about una sinking ship called -Roches? If there is any state to shed tears for, its imo state where projects are built and completed on bill boards and newspapers. cool

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Is A Failure - PDP by asha80(m): 6:56pm On Mar 05, 2013
Biafra rep: You asked for my verdict and I gave it but it appears you are sitting on the fence! So what is your honest view on Gov Rochas?
to be honest the reports i keep getting are divergent.funnily the divergent views are at extreme ends and can be so confusing as to which one to believe.i have not been to the state since i left in 2009 so the image i have in my head are still images of 2009.so at times i wonder at any time discussions about his perfomance or not whether i am listening to a imo pdp psychophant,okorocha pscyshophant,someone angry about the 10000 job he lost when rochas cancelled it or a neutral that has nothing at stake giving an honest opinion.
Re: Okorocha Is A Failure - PDP by Afam4eva(m): 6:59pm On Mar 05, 2013
asha 80: to be honest the reports i keep getting are divergent.funnily the divergent views are at extreme ends and can be so confusing as to which one to believe.i have not been to the state since i left in 2009 so the image i have in my head are still images of 2009.so at times i wonder at any time discussions about his perfomance or not whether i am listening to a imo pdp psychophant,okorocha pscyshophant,someone angry about the 10000 job he lost when rochas cancelled it or a neutral that has nothing at stake giving an honest opinion.
You're soo right. The reports i'm getting about Rochas are also at extreme end. So, it measn one group must be born liars.
Re: Okorocha Is A Failure - PDP by asha80(m): 7:00pm On Mar 05, 2013
Abagworo:

I'm saying it because I'm very much aware. Your common sense should even tell you this .

Now go through this thread opened by an Akwa-Ibomite and understand the importance of local content.

www.nairaland.com/1212506/gov-godswill-akpabio-akwa-ibom

I'm not against Akpabio one bit but I only said Rochas should also concentrate on human development and agriculture rather than just road construction and beautification like Akpabio.
human development or human'empowerment' via contracts?guy our people should learn enterpreneuship instead of waiting for white collar jobs.
Re: Okorocha Is A Failure - PDP by asha80(m): 7:05pm On Mar 05, 2013
Afam4eva:
You're soo right. The reports i'm getting about Rochas are also at extreme end. So, it measn one group must be born liars.
my brother the thing tire person.sooner than later i go visit the state and judge with my own eyes.i will also carry the image of 2009 to as some kind of benchmark.
Re: Okorocha Is A Failure - PDP by BabaTony: 7:35pm On Mar 05, 2013
Guys I have lived through this our 13 yrs of democracy and has seen what the so called local content thing has done in many states in Nigeria especially roads. Any serious governor that wants to build good infrastructure pls give it to the experts.think of other ways of empowering ppl. If not they will dissapoint you. Period

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Is A Failure - PDP by Biafrarep(m): 8:34pm On Mar 05, 2013
asha 80: to be honest the reports i keep getting are divergent.funnily the divergent views are at extreme ends and can be so confusing as to which one to believe.i have not been to the state since i left in 2009 so the image i have in my head are still images of 2009.so at times i wonder at any time discussions about his perfomance or not whether i am listening to a imo pdp psychophant,okorocha pscyshophant,someone angry about the 10000 job he lost when rochas cancelled it or a neutral that has nothing at stake giving an honest opinion.
That is Nigeria for you, everybody is so aggressive, shouting on top of their voice with the intention of muddling up the water so as to confuse the uninitiated! Please I admonish that you visit Imo as soon as possible so you could judge by yourself. To tell you the truth, it shocks me when some people who have not set foot in Imo since Rochas became governor comes online and make spurious and baseless claims that Rochas is not performing but when I did a little research by interacting with local folks, I realised a lot of interests are at play, first is the PDP/Ohakim factor, second is the godfathers that has been sidelined, chief among them is Arthur Nzeribe and Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu and lastly the foot soldiers of Ohakim made up of previous commissioners, special advisers, and the 10,000 graduates Ohakim fraudulently employed at the twilight of his tenure. To all these people, even if Rochas transforms Owerri into London they will acknowledge it! Please travel to Imo and see with your eyes, I do not base in Owerri but I came down from Abuja and saw with my eyes.
Re: Okorocha Is A Failure - PDP by Agukagu(m): 10:33pm On Mar 05, 2013
All of us has our area of core competence and expertise. Those praising Rochas, either they don't live in Imo or they have little knowledge in civil engineering or both. No technocrat will give Rochas a pass grade on majority of his projects unless the pyscophants. It easy to impress those outside the construction industry with site clearing and laterite works because they can not see the big picture. All these gragra and media frenzy will eventually fizzle out. The truth is that he needs to use experts to get sustainable result. Rochas is squandering a golden opportunity to leave an enduring legacy. He indulges in praise singing and media attention. Okorocha has no agenda and most of the times he acts before he thinks. It is not late for him to make amends. He needs to be focused and pursue people oriented projects.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Is A Failure - PDP by 1025: 10:13am On Mar 06, 2013
no matter how we look at it, pdp may be right depending on what they call failure in their own dictionary. this is a party without a single normal person. from no 1 to the last member has a criminal record so why won't normal ppl look like failures before them.
a party where our president has a wife whose case file is pending with efcc. the president himself used bayelsa money to sponsor thisday music award. the party chairman and his family are subsidy scams. the bot chairman is an established criminal with lots of contracts scams. their govs are proven gangstars with dubious characters. 98% of them win elections fraudulently. their obasanjo is a symbol of corruption. babangida and atiku are principalities themselves. why won't rochas who has brought tangible changes in Imo be a failure before the cultists. we will see what happens by the time pdp is out of power.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Is A Failure - PDP by Ademurph1(m): 10:20am On Mar 06, 2013
PDP not calling ROCHA'S a failure after all the days they have bin together!!!
Lolz!!! this is just the beginning of the PDP ADMINISTRATION in this respective nation, the people want a change and we are still awaiting more PDP GOVERNORS

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Okays Fresh N28bn Budget Support For 35 States / Early Pictures From The APC Presidential Campaign Rally In Bauchi / Why Are There So Many Homosexuals In The North?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.