Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,859 members, 7,821,003 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

Do You Obey Traffic Lights At Night - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Do You Obey Traffic Lights At Night (4954 Views)

The New Traffic Lights At Ikeja And GRA / At Traffic Lights, Stay In Gear, Neutral Or Park? / Five Warning Lights That Keep Your Car Running (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Obey Traffic Lights At Night by Florena(f): 6:59pm On Mar 04, 2013
Just want to knw if people actually obey traffic lights even wen the road is free ahead especially at night.there was a day me and my friends was comin back from the cinema and we board a cab, the driver as to delay us for almost 15 minutes due to dis traffic lights.so what do you think, does it sound okay to you even if d road ahead is free.
Re: Do You Obey Traffic Lights At Night by Adurangba(f): 7:03am On Mar 05, 2013
guess you live in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Do You Obey Traffic Lights At Night by YorubaOmoge: 7:05am On Mar 05, 2013
LOL!!

When you get traffic lights with installed cameras, you don't have any choice.
Re: Do You Obey Traffic Lights At Night by Okijajuju1(m): 3:19pm On Mar 05, 2013
For what?! angry

The Law closes work by 6 in Nigeria..

10 Likes

Re: Do You Obey Traffic Lights At Night by jigawatts(m): 3:28pm On Mar 05, 2013
To be frank, this is a serious issue,
there are some hotspots for attack around Lagos, For a place like CMS (Tantalizers/Bookshop) junction... I slow down and zoom off, because man dey SKAMA-WATCH oooooo grin grin
Re: Do You Obey Traffic Lights At Night by Jarus(m): 3:30pm On Mar 05, 2013
I always try to be a good citizen most times, but it is very hard, I break rules.

I hardly obey traffic light in the night, especially when I have to wait for up to 5 minutes when no car is passing from other sides.
Re: Do You Obey Traffic Lights At Night by coalcoal1(m): 3:30pm On Mar 05, 2013
I don't obey especially when the road is clear as from 11pm
Re: Do You Obey Traffic Lights At Night by Jarus(m): 3:31pm On Mar 05, 2013
Okija_juju: For what?! angry

grin cheesy
Re: Do You Obey Traffic Lights At Night by Nobody: 3:35pm On Mar 05, 2013
Yes! by trying to stop when am doing speed of 140km/h undecided
Re: Do You Obey Traffic Lights At Night by jagabanban: 3:39pm On Mar 05, 2013
Never!

With the present state of insecurity?

Not in Naija.

Even if na mosquito cross road, na die for am!
Re: Do You Obey Traffic Lights At Night by Venchy: 3:42pm On Mar 05, 2013
Lawles Leaders, lawless people....How can they obey in the night when they don't in the DAY time.

I juat left Nigeria couple of wks ago and here's what happen.

I was traveling along with my friend towards Badagry roundabout when a commercial transport driver threw a piece of paper outside his window, from friends car "I ask the driver, why did you have to do that, is that your refuse dump? Driver replied by asking me if it's my living room?

What about, in the day time.

The whole country Lacks discipline.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Obey Traffic Lights At Night by Geomac: 3:43pm On Mar 05, 2013
I break traffic rules especially when the street is empty.
Re: Do You Obey Traffic Lights At Night by yuzedo: 3:45pm On Mar 05, 2013
Venchy: I juat left Nigeria couple of wks ago and here's what happen.

I was traveling along with my friend towards Badagry roundabout when a commercial transport driver threw a piece of paper outside his window, from friends car "I ask the driver, why did you have to do that, is that your refuse dump? Driver replied by asking me if it's my living room?
grin grin grin grin
Re: Do You Obey Traffic Lights At Night by AkinDavid2: 3:46pm On Mar 05, 2013
For where! Damn it i beat every traffic light when it is 8.00pm. After all Police and FRSC dey commot by 7.30pm, but am not the only one sha grin
Re: Do You Obey Traffic Lights At Night by cowgurl: 3:48pm On Mar 05, 2013
i do, it's too big a risk not to
Re: Do You Obey Traffic Lights At Night by Okijajuju1(m): 3:49pm On Mar 05, 2013
Venchy: Lawles Leaders, lawless people....How can they obey in the night when they don't in the DAY time.

I juat left Nigeria couple of wks ago and here's what happen.

What about, in the day time.

The whole country Lacks discipline.

You just left Nigeria for Cotonou and you are feeling like a bad guy abi!!

Wetin concern you with where person decide to throway ehn thing!!

Aproko pikin!! angry
Re: Do You Obey Traffic Lights At Night by PrinceDudu(m): 3:50pm On Mar 05, 2013
Yes outside my neighborhood but in my neighborhood NO.
Re: Do You Obey Traffic Lights At Night by BetaThings: 3:50pm On Mar 05, 2013
Florena: Just want to knw if people actually obey traffic lights even wen the road is free ahead especially at night.there was a day me and my friends was comin back from the cinema and we board a cab, the driver as to delay us for almost 15 minutes due to dis traffic lights.so what do you think, does it sound okay to you even if d road ahead is free.

It is dangerous to stop at night because of some traffic light
It would be a much better idea for you, your family and friends to be alive to argue with LASTMA some days after (they would not be around at night to catch you on the spot) if they later came around to arrest you backed with photos (that will be the day!)of you crashing the traffic light than to be posting on Nairaland.com.grave

Just check that the road is free and drive away
Re: Do You Obey Traffic Lights At Night by AkinDavid2: 3:52pm On Mar 05, 2013
Okija_juju:

You just left Nigeria for Cotonou and you are feeling like a bad guy abi!!

Wetin concern you with where person decide to throway ehn thing!!

Aproko pikin!! angry

It's bad and i don't encourage it my wife even have taken after me any dirt in the car must reach house before i throw it away..Sometimes i forget water and gala sachet in my pocket.. grin grin grin
Re: Do You Obey Traffic Lights At Night by Truckpusher(m): 3:56pm On Mar 05, 2013
You don't expect me to wait for 5 to 8mins trying to be a law abiding citizen even when the road is empty........c'mon ! you must be kidding me ,this is naija and of course there are no electric eyes(camera) watching. grin grin
Re: Do You Obey Traffic Lights At Night by adeshsam(m): 3:58pm On Mar 05, 2013
Yes I do. Considering the present situation on ground now, one need to be very careful, shine your face, be vigilant and watch out for those boyz...
Re: Do You Obey Traffic Lights At Night by sylve11: 4:02pm On Mar 05, 2013
Okija_juju: For what?! angry

grin grin grin grin cool
Re: Do You Obey Traffic Lights At Night by sylve11: 4:07pm On Mar 05, 2013
Akin-David:

It's bad and i don't encourage it my wife even have taken after me any dirt in the car must reach house before i throw it away..Sometimes i forget water and gala sachet in my pocket.. grin grin grin

dirty man, i knw u also forget baby's diapers in ur pocket. grin grin cool
Re: Do You Obey Traffic Lights At Night by HAH: 4:10pm On Mar 05, 2013
coal_coal: I don't obey especially when the road is clear as from 11pm

In abuja from 11pm the lights turns to blinking amber meaning you can cautiously pass cos there are less cars
Re: Do You Obey Traffic Lights At Night by DisGuy: 4:13pm On Mar 05, 2013
IF THE TRAffic light is on RED for more than 2minutes at night, then its faulty!! except if theres an accident nearby where ambulance/fire service are remotely controlling the lights

I obey traffic at night o, dont want to get the dreaded letter with my picture in the morning
Re: Do You Obey Traffic Lights At Night by YorubaOmoge: 4:21pm On Mar 05, 2013
jagabanban: Never!

With the present state of insecurity?

Not in Naija.

Even if na mosquito cross road, na die for am!
grin
Re: Do You Obey Traffic Lights At Night by Nobody: 4:28pm On Mar 05, 2013
At night?

Should we?
Re: Do You Obey Traffic Lights At Night by megareal: 4:30pm On Mar 05, 2013
Sometimes. Depends on traffic.
Re: Do You Obey Traffic Lights At Night by pacmart: 5:43pm On Mar 05, 2013
Wait for what?.except a chick is standing near d traffic light

1 Like

Re: Do You Obey Traffic Lights At Night by JimmyBoy1: 6:04pm On Mar 05, 2013
Once It is very late , maybe from 9.00pm I just scan all directions for oncoming vehicles or a hidden police van, if there is nothing of such, I just drive on.
Re: Do You Obey Traffic Lights At Night by Jarus(m): 6:19pm On Mar 05, 2013
Akin-David:

I also try to imbibe this 'keep the street clean' attitude by not throwing papers/sachets out of car, but kai, it's been difficult. Sometimes, my hands go don throw the thing past window before I remember smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fix Your Automatic Transmition Gear Problem / Advantages And Disadvantages Of Golf 4 / Which Moto Wey Gap You Wey You Never Still Forget?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.