Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,327 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:53 AM

The Sultan Of Sokoto Demands Amnesty For #boko Haram - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Sultan Of Sokoto Demands Amnesty For #boko Haram (2426 Views)

Gov Fayose welcomes Sultan of Sokoto to Ekiti state (photos) / Photos Of Sokoto Residents On The Streets With Brooms, Shovels Over N1m Prize / President Jonathan With The Sultan, Emir Of Kano & Katsina (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Sultan Of Sokoto Demands Amnesty For #boko Haram by saintohia: 6:21pm On Mar 06, 2013

The Sultan should be arrested immediately, for saying that.

When drilled once, he would mention their names publicly for Nigerians.

Re: The Sultan Of Sokoto Demands Amnesty For #boko Haram by Orikinla(m): 6:28pm On Mar 06, 2013
[size=28pt]The sultan is re-tarded.
Why not ask for amnesty for all the armed robbers and kidnappers in Nigeria?[/size]
Re: The Sultan Of Sokoto Demands Amnesty For #boko Haram by maasoap(m): 6:32pm On Mar 06, 2013
omonnakoda: Remind us what their grievance is again
Why should I remind you their grievance because I don't see correlation between my submission and your question? There is unrest, we need a way out. Nobody is saying "pacify them with what they are demanding" even if there is any. Amnesty is about surrender your weapons, sin no more.

1 Like

Re: The Sultan Of Sokoto Demands Amnesty For #boko Haram by Obiora4life: 6:35pm On Mar 06, 2013
maasoap: Why should I remind you their grievance because I don't see correlation between my submission and your question? There is unrest, we need a way out. Nobody is saying "pacify them with what they are demanding" even if there any. Amnesty is about surrender your weapons, sin no more.

In your infinite wisdom, you think granting amnesty to terrorist will make them quit? GEJ is the one who's calm, if there were tough men like tough presidents, smoke them out and literally destroy them, let me see where they will rise from...rubbish.
Re: The Sultan Of Sokoto Demands Amnesty For #boko Haram by maasoap(m): 6:37pm On Mar 06, 2013
Obiora4life:
Give them an inch, they want a mile. Give them amnesty today, tomorrow they will demand sharia law on ALL Nigeria.
Then, is it possible to wipe all of them out even if the FG is ready to do that? But when paranoia finds its way to an issue, every step taken in finding total solution is usually met with cynicism.
Re: The Sultan Of Sokoto Demands Amnesty For #boko Haram by maasoap(m): 6:42pm On Mar 06, 2013
[quote author=Biggyd2]
Really? In this country? Grant them amnesty without any compensation in Nigeria? Like, seriously? With the precedence already in the country? I know I am talking gibberish but just let me be with my gibberish!
And in the unlikely event that amnesty is granted these groups, what happens to all the innocent people that they have killed already? Who grants them justice?
May the soul of victims RIP. Sometimes, the only way out in this kind of situation in d long run is to move on.
Re: The Sultan Of Sokoto Demands Amnesty For #boko Haram by maasoap(m): 6:49pm On Mar 06, 2013
saintohia:
The Sultan should be arrested immediately, for saying that.
When drilled once, he would mention their names publicly for Nigerians.
The same Sultan that narrowly missed death. Then what is your solution to this unrests. It's high time we started sympathize with police because they're becoming endanger spieces with these frequent attacks.
Re: The Sultan Of Sokoto Demands Amnesty For #boko Haram by Obiora4life: 6:52pm On Mar 06, 2013
maasoap: Then, is it possible to wipe all of them out even if the FG is ready to do that? But when paranoia finds its way to an issue, every step taken in finding total solution is usually met with cynicism.

Even the U.S. cannot wipe out home terror as much as it wants to - so much time, intelligence and resource being put into it. However, the thought of getting caught and stiffer penalty has made lots of home grown terrorist to either locate hop elsewhere or QUIT.
Re: The Sultan Of Sokoto Demands Amnesty For #boko Haram by Biggyd2: 7:00pm On Mar 06, 2013
maasoap:

If only things were that simple. undecided
Re: The Sultan Of Sokoto Demands Amnesty For #boko Haram by maasoap(m): 7:04pm On Mar 06, 2013
Obiora4life:
In your infinite wisdom, you think granting amnesty to terrorist will make them quit? GEJ is the one who's calm, if there were tough men like tough presidents, smoke them out and literally destroy them, let me see where they will rise from...rubbish.
Then, we're awaiting when they will be all exterminated. My sympathy goes with the people of affected regions. We can conveniently sit in the comfort of our rooms and say no to amnesty while those people pray for quick end.

1 Like

Re: The Sultan Of Sokoto Demands Amnesty For #boko Haram by omonnakoda: 9:48pm On Mar 06, 2013
maasoap: Why should I remind you their grievance because I don't see correlation between my submission and your question? There is unrest, we need a way out. Nobody is saying "pacify them with what they are demanding" even if there is any. Amnesty is about surrender your weapons, sin no more.
Submission? You mean wetin you talk grin

Did they start because of a lack of amnesty? For you to bring an end to the problem you must understand their grievance so as to bring about a win-win situation.
Why did they start ?? Is there any way of accommodating their grievance. My understanding is they want to enthrone a religious theocracy and are inspired and motivated by external actors. If that is the case an amnesty does not help them as they are motivated by "HEAVEN" and would be effectively a defeat and indicate that their activities were in vain.
I think it is extreme understatement to describe their activity as "unrest" and amnesty solves nothing without asking why they cannot "rest" so we must ask what their grievance is and WHY the target for their ire was CHRISTIANS in CHURCHES . Many see their activity as part of an Ethnic Cleansing agenda or forced Islamization of a particular space. I think the families of those Christians and Southerners slain in the North desrve a very good explanation why these people should be given an amnesty as well as real guarantees of their future safety and freedoms. When there is unrest one may grudgingly accept the death of security forces as collateral damage. The deliberate targeting of Christians and others means that a future peace will require more than amnesty.What happens when the Christians decide they are not satisfied with an amnesty and take up arms.
It appears only some moslems see any kind of parallel between the Niger Delta Amnesty and an amnesty for Boko Haram. On that occasion we knew the grievances of the Niger Delta so once again what are their grievances.As far as i know it is that we are not Islamic enough or is there more?
Re: The Sultan Of Sokoto Demands Amnesty For #boko Haram by Nobody: 1:56am On Mar 07, 2013
BH agenda and that of their sponsors are political. Hence, I cant understand why most Xtian southerners let loose their bigotry whenever discussing BH, even though the majority of BH victims are muslims. Are people that naive to believe that BH are going to islamize Nigeria, hence they cant be granted amnesty? Ofcourse, one wouldnt be spewing such crap if his/her family lives in BH states, afterall he who wears the shoe knows how and where it hurts.
Re: The Sultan Of Sokoto Demands Amnesty For #boko Haram by maasoap(m): 9:11am On Mar 09, 2013
Even the president knows that dialogue is the best, effective and quickest way to end this. Now that he has given conditions for amnesty, what will antagonists do if the conditions given by Jona are met. Because of Boko Haram crisis, budget for security is now 1 trillion naira annually out of total 5 trillion, a whole 20%. For how long are we going to do that? In no distant time, it'll start affecting infrastructural development.
Re: The Sultan Of Sokoto Demands Amnesty For #boko Haram by FeloniousFelon: 9:13am On Sep 23, 2017
where is this boko king?
Re: The Sultan Of Sokoto Demands Amnesty For #boko Haram by richeso: 10:32am On Sep 23, 2017
BMC , where at thou ?

3 Likes

Re: The Sultan Of Sokoto Demands Amnesty For #boko Haram by richeso: 11:36pm On Sep 23, 2017
no reply ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Nigerian Police Caught Sleeping On Duty (pics) / The 12 Nigerian Senators Who Want To Become Governors In 2015 / Pls Someone Should Remind Me The Main Motive Behind Biafra Again.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.