Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,687 members, 7,820,393 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

Suggest Ways One Can Leave Cultism Without Being Hurt - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Suggest Ways One Can Leave Cultism Without Being Hurt (50625 Views)

Fear of being hurt and embarrassed. Advise needed please :( / Cultism:who Is To Be Blamed? / When Did Secret Cultism Enter Nigerian Secondary Schools? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Suggest Ways One Can Leave Cultism Without Being Hurt by TUMIC(m): 1:12pm On Mar 07, 2013
THE BEST WAY TO LEAVE CULTISM IS NEVER TO JOIN THEM.
PRAY FOR MERCY TO LEAVE AND NOT BE HURT.
BUT IF U HAVE KILLED WHILE WITH THEM, BE READY TO DIE.
Re: Suggest Ways One Can Leave Cultism Without Being Hurt by warrior101: 1:16pm On Mar 07, 2013
pillzthadrugz: Best way to leave cultism is one of the questions i've been asking myself.
But base on my approach i think a cultist shouldn't publicly denounce his/her engagement.
Rather, use execuses as a weapon and finally vacate the arena, not forgetting to disassociate oneself from members certainly by distance.
This is the best I've read so far and yet no like? 10000 likes jawe

2 Likes

Re: Suggest Ways One Can Leave Cultism Without Being Hurt by OpinionLeader: 1:16pm On Mar 07, 2013
saaed_lee: Op, [s]firstly what u have to do is to get names n contact addresses of all members of your confraternity n go directly to the Area Commander of Police in charge of your state[/s], please don't just walk up to any policeman or policewoman as most of them belong to such cult groups. Or alternatively go directly to the Nearest State Department office in your state n make a report!
What makes you think the so-called Area Commander himself, son or relation is not in it? Even the I.G. may not be a saint in this regard.
Re: Suggest Ways One Can Leave Cultism Without Being Hurt by Blueboy0402: 1:18pm On Mar 07, 2013
I remember when I was still in the university, there was a strong anti cult christian organization known as Thunderbolt (though I don't know if they still exist). Thunderbolt was popular then in Uniport, UST, R/S University of Education, Rumuolumeni. The organization is made up of ex-cultists and other christians whose aim is to reduce cult activities on campuses and and convert as many cultist as possible to receive Christ. They help people out of cult.

A change in location/school/environment will also help. Stay away from cult!
Re: Suggest Ways One Can Leave Cultism Without Being Hurt by fubbyy(m): 1:18pm On Mar 07, 2013
Does it mean none of you here is/was a cultist, if you are let us know that's the only way your advice will be taken

Anyway I was a (NBM) while in school, a very rugged one, the truth is joining cult has a lot of disadvantages and only 1 advantage

DisAdvantages

1... You think you will be free when you join but that's when you lost your freedom, you don't go where others go, you don't sit freely in the same bar or canteen, even if you do, you are full of fear

2.... You think you will be protected from other rival cults, na lie, fraternity that get ground more than your own in that school will always intimidate you unless you are rugged on your own except that almost own the whole school in nigeria,
(True talk o, NBM no be moi moi)

3.... You think you will intimidate every student who doesn't belong, na lie o, when I was a jew, one of those mugu that call them selves buccaneers holla awumen come where I dey drink for unical back of library, collect my sit while I was away to pee, I came back holla am enough PR enter am, there are some jews you can't intimidate o, they are ready to die with you and your men no go do am anything because na jew and na you find trouble unless na aroos wey no get orientation to know that noni is not an enemy

4.... You start falling academically because no much time to read again, from this place to this place treating phuck up, tabling phuck up, going for driving men wey never pay dues

5... You lost your freedom of dress code, my favorite color is red, but then my men would always holla me... Aye wetin dey worry you, dis 1 na BG you dey form abi na wetin, bam o, I go run back go remove am

6.... You lost friends , what I mean by this, is that you hardly get friends all you will get are brothers, your mentality will change, your gist with those friends will no longer be that smooth because you are now into something they are not

7... You think you will start making money , na lie o, unless you be aroo wey dey rob , aroos na lie? Looting is allowed , DIE IT (mumu bois)
ETC...
All this disadvantage is applicable to people who's dedicated to their fraternity

Cultism no good my brothers, all na vanity

Advantage

Advantage is just one, which is you can never get stranded in any town in nigeria, all you have to do is try and find your way to any higher institution around, the next 20 minutes you are living well, drinking beer, phucking woman and still leave the town with enough money aside your TP(that's if you get OT o)

Let me stop here,

The only way to quit is to graduate and leave the. School

to all the rugged wise in this forum, abeg, fall out your hand make I nak you egede, NBM never dies,

I be lord ooo

Aye .... Aye

4 Likes

Re: Suggest Ways One Can Leave Cultism Without Being Hurt by franchizy(m): 1:19pm On Mar 07, 2013
I just feel I shud comment on dis thread inspite of my crowded programs. Cultism is evil, u don't attempt to join it cos living it is difficult but easy 4 d wise ones. I was a member of EIYE in Uniben, rose to d position of d chief of suicide squad. At a time wen there was a war between EIYE and , I ran away to d North until d war was over. I pretended to ve a serious stomach Ulcer as an excuse to flee. On return to school I attended a crusade by pastor Adeboye in 2000. I confessed my sins and d nxt day I joined d Man O War. I changed my environment, I kept myself dirty, went to d carpons of , gave dem moni and told dem I ve left EIYE to save GOD. They adviced me to b careful so I'm not killed by my men, I now relocated to Ekosodin where control dat no EIYE man can enter. I don't move anyhow. I tink u can leave cultism and join Man O War and also try to meet wit d leaders of ur enemies and d meeting must b at d faculty, bribe dem wit moni and beg dem to 4give u especially if u ve not sheded blood. If u ve sheded blood, I wil advice u jst leave d school 4 anoda far school and neva tell anybody.
Re: Suggest Ways One Can Leave Cultism Without Being Hurt by Galaxydon1(m): 1:20pm On Mar 07, 2013
[my elder brother joined cult. Many pastors revealed it to my mum. My dad had to pull him out of that school. His friends he started school with most of them have grauduated and ve gotten a job. He has still nt gain addmission. Abeg cult doesnt pay unless u want to useless ur life.
Re: Suggest Ways One Can Leave Cultism Without Being Hurt by Nobody: 1:21pm On Mar 07, 2013
ZACHIE: Spread a tale about yourself that you have full blown AIDS....everybody will leave you alone

Form madness one day in class, your mates will let you be

Come to school with white patches and say it is leprosy...you will get a break

Convulsion too helps, foam in class for one week nonstop, you will earn a break

Mischievous mind is still thinking

But bros no more babes for you till you grad thou. grin
Re: Suggest Ways One Can Leave Cultism Without Being Hurt by saaedlee: 1:22pm On Mar 07, 2013
Opinion_Leader: What makes you think the so-called Area Commander himself, son or relation is not in it? Even the I.G. may not be a saint in this regard.

who said am "thinking"? The op knows what am talking bout. How can u say the IG belongs to a cult group that threatens student on campus, or the Area Commander? Don't be naive!
Re: Suggest Ways One Can Leave Cultism Without Being Hurt by Soso990240(m): 1:25pm On Mar 07, 2013
dederocs:
you dont need to join a cult to be a gangster,enforcer or whatever,if you are strong you are,if you re weak joining a cult will make you weaker-build your inner man,your inner strenght.
live by what you've sworn.
guy,cultism is nt gud..bt u ar wrong.cultism de gv mind..u go slap ur lecturer witout lukin bk..bt all na vanity
Re: Suggest Ways One Can Leave Cultism Without Being Hurt by AGgal(f): 1:27pm On Mar 07, 2013
Table Leg :

You are a nitwit ...
Pastor's di..ck riding dunce!
Agbaya! Devil's cu...nt slamming eeeeediot!
Re: Suggest Ways One Can Leave Cultism Without Being Hurt by warrior101: 1:29pm On Mar 07, 2013
Babamide: Form born-again and start preaching for your frat brothers. They'll wanna get rid of you immediately!
You must be able to do this very passionately to succeed. Lol
Re: Suggest Ways One Can Leave Cultism Without Being Hurt by Soso990240(m): 1:30pm On Mar 07, 2013
saaed_lee:

who said am "thinking"? The op knows what am talking bout. How can u say the IG belongs to a cult group that threatens student on campus, or the Area Commander? Don't be naive!
dat means u dnt knw wot is hapnin in nigeria..sm politicians belongd 2 thes frat.wen they wer in skul..and once a member,always a member..even if u becom d president.get it,dis is a thng of d blood(covenant),unles wit d help of a servant of God.
Re: Suggest Ways One Can Leave Cultism Without Being Hurt by hollypagan: 1:32pm On Mar 07, 2013
tell ur members u have HIV believe me they wont near u again

1 Like

Re: Suggest Ways One Can Leave Cultism Without Being Hurt by Nobody: 1:32pm On Mar 07, 2013
Simple! Don't join it!
Re: Suggest Ways One Can Leave Cultism Without Being Hurt by great063(m): 1:32pm On Mar 07, 2013
While in school,I worked with a number of dudes who were in cult groups.A number of them succeeded in leaving these groups.Leaving a cult is a big deal.One who is ready to leave such a sect must make up his or her mind that this move is necessary,possible and the only way forward(if one can't get these straight,every other effort will not be futile).This is where guidance comes in,leaving will be difficult without help from God and spiritual guidance.When one leaves a cult,a spiritual void is created in the persons soul,this hollow must be filled up.Believe you me,Christ Jesus is the only way out of such bondage.He/she has to become accountable to someone with spiritual authority.Getting out will involve a lot:becoming born again which translates into becoming a new man spiritually and making Christ Jesus in-charge of such a life.Destroying charms and occultic items in your possession.Growing in the things of God like studying the Word of God and obeying it.In following God's Word faith is built,fear gradually slips away.Identifying with the Church is also key...these are the basics.Threats may come from 'men'.I remember the very evening one of the guys I worked with prayerfully destroyed his charms,a dude he had never met before visited him that night telling him to return the items he was given.Frankly,as long as the person involved remains consistent with God and on track,total deliverance is certain.

3 Likes

Re: Suggest Ways One Can Leave Cultism Without Being Hurt by mrdino(m): 1:33pm On Mar 07, 2013
d only way out is 4 d individual 2 run 2 Christ. if d way of a man pls God, even his enemies shall b @ peace wt him
Re: Suggest Ways One Can Leave Cultism Without Being Hurt by knockturnal(m): 1:36pm On Mar 07, 2013
Table Leg :

Shattap... You sound like one of the idio..ts who will go to a pastor and ask for permission to wee or poo before they do so ....
Everything pastor, even before you sleep, you ask your pastor! SMH

Bros, stop exhibiting you ignorance. I refuse to join you in your infantile approach to arguments. Na you buy phone for me?.

Infact, your father left blokos!

1 Like

Re: Suggest Ways One Can Leave Cultism Without Being Hurt by warrior101: 1:36pm On Mar 07, 2013
Blueboy0402: I remember when I was still in the university, there was a strong anti cult christian organization known as Thunderbolt (though I don't know if they still exist). Thunderbolt was popular then in Uniport, UST, R/S University of Education, Rumuolumeni. The organization is made up of ex-cultists and other christians whose aim is to reduce cult activities on campuses and and convert as many cultist as possible to receive Christ. They help people out of cult.

A change in location/school/environment will also help. Stay away from cult!

Bad adviser.
Re: Suggest Ways One Can Leave Cultism Without Being Hurt by babazz(m): 1:37pm On Mar 07, 2013
Just repent and be very religious on campus. Don't think of confessing things about the cult group in public and still remain in that institution, you can do that with your pastor or imam in secret. The moment they notice that you have genuinely turned a child of God, they will give you the space u need, there will be no need to leave the institution, just that you may stand the risk of been a victim of attack by rival groups since they don't even care if have changed or not and you no longer receive updates on what is going on (like fracas) amoung cult groups in the institution. This applies to 'known' cultist. The game is risky!

My advise: If you are an undergraduate and have the intention of joining a cult group, please don't! There's no gain in it at all. There are so many other social clubs in school you can join and catch your fun while on campus. Make sure you choose your friends carefully and avoid hanging out with known cultist for the fun of it, if you do so, you are at risk of mistaken identity. If you are already a member but not well known, use the advise above or just continue to lay low until you graduate.

SAY NO TO CULTISM & OTHER SOCIAL VICES.

1 Like

Re: Suggest Ways One Can Leave Cultism Without Being Hurt by Soso990240(m): 1:39pm On Mar 07, 2013
fubbyy: Does it mean none of you here is/was a cultist, if you are let us know that's the only way your advice will be taken

Anyway I was a (NBM) while in school, a very rugged one, the truth is joining cult has a lot of disadvantages and only 1 advantage

DisAdvantages

1... You think you will be free when you join but that's when you lost your freedom, you don't go where others go, you don't sit freely in the same bar or canteen, even if you do, you are full of fear

2.... You think you will be protected from other rival cults, na lie, fraternity that get ground more than your own in that school will always intimidate you unless you are rugged on your own except that almost own the whole school in nigeria,

3.... You think you will intimidate every student who doesn't belong, na lie o, when I was a jew, one of those mugu that call them selves buccaneers holla awumen come where I dey drink for unical back of library, collect my sit while I was away to pee, I came back holla am enough PR enter am, there are some jews you can't intimidate o, they are ready to die with you and your men no go do am anything because na jew and na you find trouble unless na aroos wey no get orientation to know that noni is not an enemy

4.... You start falling academically because no much time to read again, from this place to this place treating Bleep up, tabling Bleep up, going for driving men wey never pay dues

5... You lost your freedom of dress code, my favorite color is red, but then my men would always holla me... Aye wetin dey worry you, dis 1 na BG you dey form abi na wetin, bam o, I go run back go remove am

6.... You lost friends , what I mean by this, is that you hardly get friends all you will get are brothers, your mentality will change, your gist with those friends will no longer be that smooth because you are now into something they are not

7... You think you will start making money , na lie o, unless you be aroo wey dey rob , aroos na lie? Looting is allowed , DIE IT (mumu bois)
ETC...
All this disadvantage is applicable to people who's dedicated to their fraternity

Advantage

Advantage is just one, which is you can never get stranded in any town in nigeria, all you have to do is try and find your way to any higher institution around, the next 20 minutes you are living well, drinking beer, phucking woman and still leave the town with enough money aside your TP(that's if you get OT o)

Let me stop here,

to all the rugged wise in this forum, abeg, fall out your hand make I nak you egede, NBM never dies,

I be lord ooo

Aye .... Aye

lordy..me bam..no ill advise anybdy..if u knw ur way,u go dey clean,no bloodshed.bt my advise is,mk anybdy no join atall.as ur rank de go up,na so ur responsible de cm up too.

1 Like

Re: Suggest Ways One Can Leave Cultism Without Being Hurt by Nobody: 1:40pm On Mar 07, 2013
Firstly, I think the term 'cultism' is exaggerated or maybe some groups fall under that tag?
For me, being in a frat depends on how you as a person defines it, for some it is all about just being there whilst living normal life like every other person, for some it is about intimidating others and accruing 'power'. Which boils down to what 'cult' the OP supposedly joined (or referring to), he didn't state.

I will tell you categorically that Pyrates & Buccaneers have moved way beyond what most ignorant people take it to be and it at times becomes peevish to me when people ramble ignorantly about activities of these two groups without doing a proper research.

Check with the Corporate Affairs Commission you will find the two groups I mentioned above to be duly registered and leaving is a matter of penning a letter of your dis-membership (if of course your membership is legal and you're registered with them, not the rif-raffs in schools/streets who muscle things).

@ the Q, I can only speak for these 2 groups, I do not know about others and it would be unfair for me to say things I do know nothing about. If at all you're referencing these 2 groups and your membership is very legit then you can leave even if you're in school, you just have to channel your message(s) to the proper bodies as there are upper bodies who have final say. And if at all you need help then you could PM me.

smiley
Re: Suggest Ways One Can Leave Cultism Without Being Hurt by Nobody: 1:42pm On Mar 07, 2013
Soso990240: lordy..me bam..no ill advise anybdy..if u knw ur way,u go dey clean,no bloodshed.bt my advise is,mk anybdy join atall.as ur rank de go up,na so ur responsible de cm up too.

Bros pidgin you nor fit even use properly, na wa.
Re: Suggest Ways One Can Leave Cultism Without Being Hurt by fubbyy(m): 1:42pm On Mar 07, 2013
Soso990240: lordy..me bam..no ill advise anybdy..if u knw ur way,u go dey clean,no bloodshed.bt my advise is,mk anybdy join atall.as ur rank de go up,na so ur responsible de cm up too.
egede bam
Re: Suggest Ways One Can Leave Cultism Without Being Hurt by saaedlee: 1:43pm On Mar 07, 2013
Soso990240: dat means u dnt knw wot is hapnin in nigeria..sm politicians belongd 2 thes frat.wen they wer in skul..and once a member,always a member..even if u becom d president.get it,dis is a thng of d blood(covenant),unles wit d help of a servant of God.

don't be naive; I didn't say politicians, I said Area Commander!Don't
Re: Suggest Ways One Can Leave Cultism Without Being Hurt by saaedlee: 1:46pm On Mar 07, 2013
Soso990240: dat means u dnt knw wot is hapnin in nigeria..sm politicians belongd 2 thes frat.wen they wer in skul..and once a member,always a member..even if u becom d president.get it,dis is a thng of d blood(covenant),unles wit d help of a servant of God.

the problem mostly is that u guys are afraid of these so called frat members, I am challenging anyone to stand before me n say I should join one, then you'll tell me if u are above the law, u will rot in a dungeon(not cell) none of your family members ever thought existed!
Re: Suggest Ways One Can Leave Cultism Without Being Hurt by Segunagagu(m): 1:46pm On Mar 07, 2013
MEILYN: oh boy run 4 ur life get out of the country...dats d only advice i can give to u nw

Oooooo my God..guy hw did u get dat amount of data plan on ur fone...OVOKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Suggest Ways One Can Leave Cultism Without Being Hurt by kajoula(m): 1:50pm On Mar 07, 2013
Emoticon: A change of location.

You think so,ones yu're initiated ..,.whatever u do and wherever u go,the spirit leads u on.....and its more than how mere people see it..,..
Re: Suggest Ways One Can Leave Cultism Without Being Hurt by warrior101: 1:59pm On Mar 07, 2013
fubbyy: Does it mean none of you here is/was a cultist, if you are let us know that's the only way your advice will be taken

DisAdvantages

4.... You start falling academically because no much time to read again, from this place to this place treating phuck up, tabling phuck up, going for driving men wey never pay dues

ETC...

Advantage

Let me stop here,

I be lord ooo

Aye .... Aye

Alora... Alora Sealord O! A ya ya. Alora... Alora Fine Boyz O! A ya ya!
, them nor see the Light O! A ya ya. , them nor see the Light O'ya! A ya ya O!
Them go dey use egede nak egede. A ya ya. I say, them go dey use ogede nak ogede. A ya ya.
Axeman carry gono o. Iyo iyooo. Them no go die better o. Iyo iyo.
I say ban e eiye, ban e axeman. Approve uh YELLOW. Iyooo Iyooo Iyo, Angarancha.
There is no one like Alora to me, no matter how rugged he may be. I 've travelled over Land, I've travelled over Sea. Nooo one like Alora to me.

Whether you be axeman, eiye abi na manphite you call yourself o. You are a Lubber. You need to come and see the Light.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suggest Ways One Can Leave Cultism Without Being Hurt by knockturnal(m): 2:03pm On Mar 07, 2013
Table Leg :

You are a nitwit ...
Pastor's di..ck riding dunce!

Its obvious your are a demented goat incapable of making any rational statement without resulting to insults. Cultists are mostly students, its clear you never were, is or will be one.....except you are including the period you spent in the park loading buses.
You pick holes in people's arguments, not attacking their person to give your lame and barbaric sense or reasoning credence(argumentum ad hominem). That is elementary logic taught in 100level in any higher institution. Most other humans have it naturally right from birth. I should not expect a ruminant like you to exhibit such evolved characteristic.
**Unam Ikot**

1 Like

Re: Suggest Ways One Can Leave Cultism Without Being Hurt by Soso990240(m): 2:07pm On Mar 07, 2013
9jacrip:

Bros pidgin you nor fit even use properly, na wa.
bastards like u ar d reason why some cultists kill.were u a pig in ur former life?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Top Fastest Things Around The World(2015). / Introverts, Share Your Challenges Here / What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Public?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.