Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,304 members, 7,819,037 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government (36876 Views)

FG, States Budget N5.6tr For Salaries, Overheads / Christmas: Buhari Approves N72billion For Salaries (see chart) / Kwara Government Worsens Saraki’s Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by StepTwo: 6:59pm On Apr 06, 2016
The Kwara state government has denied paying salaries to Bukola Saraki, senate president, for four years after he stepped aside as governor of the state.

Reacting to the claim of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) that the former governor was receiving salaries from the state after he left office, Isiaka Gold, secretary to the Kwara state government, said Saraki’s last salary was N291,474.00 for the month of May 2011.

He said that since May 2011 when he left office as governor, Saraki had only been receiving pension – not salary.

“From June 2011, former Governor Saraki started receiving his pension, which was N578,188.00 as other past governors in the country,” Gold said in a statement.

The statement added that after the review of pensions of former political office holders by the state pension board, the former governor’s pension increased to N1,239,493.94 monthly from October 2014 to date.

“Kwara State Government, therefore, dismisses as false and misleading, the allegation that former Governor Saraki was receiving salaries after the expiration of his two-term tenure as governor of the state,” the statement read.

“Interested stakeholders should seek clarification from appropriate authority to avoid misleading the public.”

https://www.thecable.ng/kwara-sarakis-been-getting-pension-not-salary

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by Sixaxis: 7:03pm On Apr 06, 2016
Lyk seriously undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by Nobody: 7:05pm On Apr 06, 2016
This is what happens when you only focused on the negative side of people.

77 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by 2boiz(m): 7:05pm On Apr 06, 2016
Don't tell me his pension is twice as much as his monthly salary o undecided Don't tell me nonsense... In fact, ma gbeyen wa rara sad

The pension even rose to four times his salary as a governor...
I guess being a pensioner is now better off being an active servant

269 Likes 12 Shares

Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by boujaye: 7:13pm On Apr 06, 2016
Sixaxis:
Lyk seriously undecided
the nay wins it. hit the hammer on table, oya! CVT read the next allegation.

5 Likes

Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by Paulpaulpaul(m): 7:14pm On Apr 06, 2016
All I know is he must suffer for calling a prof a common commissioner

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by Sixaxis: 7:17pm On Apr 06, 2016
boujaye:
the nay wins it. hit the hammer on table, oya! CVT read the next allegation.
lols

2 Likes

Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by StepTwo: 7:17pm On Apr 06, 2016
2boiz:
Don't tell me his pension is twice as much as his monthly salary o undecided Don't tell me nonsense... In fact, ma gbeyen wa rara sad

The pension even rose to four times his salary as a governor...
I guess being a pensioner is now better off being an active servant
if the pension thing is true,den i bliv d introduction of minimum wage must have given it that boost.

6 Likes

Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by modath(f): 7:18pm On Apr 06, 2016
How much was his salary gan? Also why did they stop paying in August 2015?

Stinking fish...... undecided

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by modath(f): 7:22pm On Apr 06, 2016
Paulpaulpaul:
All I know is he must suffer for calling a prof a common commissioner

Do you live in my head? cheesy

Three groups of people one should know better than to incur their wrath...

1. A policeman with a gun

2. One's Doctor

3. A skilled Lawyer privy to one's misadventures! cool

13 Likes

Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by ki02020(m): 7:23pm On Apr 06, 2016
Pension or salary if he is so loyal to the state he governed for eight years and which also send him to the Senate he shouldn't be collecting those unnecessary payment

14 Likes

Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by Standing5(m): 7:23pm On Apr 06, 2016
The Narration of the transactions couldn't have been wrong for 4yrs . . . I smell a cover up.

9 Likes

Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by Nobody: 7:24pm On Apr 06, 2016
leave Saraki alone arabirin

e no tif yer money or PMB money.

modath:

How much was his salary gan?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by shaddoww: 7:24pm On Apr 06, 2016
They better stay out of this so there government doesn't get involved in the backlash dat will follow d revelations will b made.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by socialmediaman: 7:25pm On Apr 06, 2016
I have a few comments to make regarding this announcement by the Kwara state government:

1. When the EFCC saw these lodgements into Saraki's account, did they make enquiries with the state Revenue Board to seek clarification before using this as evidence?

2. I believe the State government has erred in making a public statement on a delicate matter like this in court, they should rather enter the witness stand (or wait to be invited) either on request of defendant or prosecution to clarify these payments one after another as alleged by EFCC. This kind of public statement can sway the mind of the public or the judge especially when the statement is not supported by hard copy proof.

3. It's interesting to note how much a retired state governor earns as monthly pension, especially in a state like Kwara which is not considered currently as one of richest states in Nigeria. The other question is, was this pension increase also reviewed for other State government workers, or was it just reviewed for political pensioners like Saraki?

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by elmisti(m): 7:26pm On Apr 06, 2016
Lol, d way dis trial is goin, saraki lawyers might nt need to defend him again sef.....
Soon GTB too will deny and evrytn might pafuka......

17 Likes

Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by utytill(m): 7:27pm On Apr 06, 2016
Hope other pensioners are paid same as saraki.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by Tunami(m): 7:28pm On Apr 06, 2016
he should explain that to the warders when he gets to prison.

7 Likes

Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by elmisti(m): 7:29pm On Apr 06, 2016
ki02020:
Pension or salary if he is so loyal to the state he governed for eight years and which also send it to the Senate he shouldn't be collecting those unnecessary payment

See U!....almst all ex-governors collect pensions from dier states!...Tinubu inclusive!....

Infact I know for a fact that saraki is entitled to a awse built for him by d state govt......if this is where dis trial is going...d man can jst make a fool out of dem all

13 Likes

Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by modath(f): 7:31pm On Apr 06, 2016
angels09:
leave Saraki alone arabirin

e no tif yer money or PMB money.

Dem family tiff my parents money through societe, does that count?

Or you feel the depositors were ghosts? undecided

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by ziccoit: 7:33pm On Apr 06, 2016
Why did the supposed "pension" has to be stopped in 2015? I thought pension is supposed to be a lifetime benefit.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by Nobody: 7:35pm On Apr 06, 2016
aforo yaro kiije ki oro tan nile

modath:

Dem family tiff my parents money through societe, does that count? undecided
Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by Paulpaulpaul(m): 7:52pm On Apr 06, 2016
modath:

Do you live in my head? cheesy
Three groups of people one should know better than to incur their wrath...
1. A policeman with a gun
2. One's Doctor
3. A skilled Lawyer privy to one's misadventures! cool

Lawyers, I fear them.

Trained and certified liars

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by vedaxcool(m): 7:57pm On Apr 06, 2016
This governor just dey form loyalty make imm use in head oh before he follow dead body go grave.

6 Likes

Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by LadyExcellency: 8:04pm On Apr 06, 2016
modath:

How much was his salary gan? Also why did they stop paying in August 2015?

Stinking fish...... undecided

Saraki is as evil as Tinubu and Fashola respectively. We have an obligation to condemn both and not absolve one for whatever reason.

The Lagos State Governor and Deputy Governor's Bill passed in 2007 is one of the most secretive Bills passed by the Lagos House of Assembly as contained in the List of Bills Passed see http://adeyemiikuforiji.org/legislation.html

Lagos State, Law No. 11 of 2007 of Lagos State gives pension to any former governor who completed two terms equivalent to the exact salary paid to the sitting governor, plus 300 per cent of his or her basic salary as furniture allowance. In addition, the law provides choice houses, bullet-proof cars to be renewed every three years; eight policemen and two SSS details, entertainment, car maintenance, house maintenance, personal assistant, and utility allowances among other things.

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by gen2briz(m): 8:19pm On Apr 06, 2016
Ok
Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by kolomax(m): 8:55pm On Apr 06, 2016
angels09:
aforo yaro kiije ki oro tan nile

ogaaa magbeyen Waa rara
If this people are not made to account for their deed another person will try it too..... How I just wish they could introduce China law on any corrupt individual

9 Likes

Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by xreal: 9:18pm On Apr 06, 2016
Ok.

EFCC also mistook the Kwara government's account with GTBank for Sarakis'.

Also, EFCC mistook the loan Kwara government was servicing for Sarakis. Maybe Kwara owns all the said properties in the uk.

Kwara is in real bondage.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by Chanchit: 9:19pm On Apr 06, 2016
The lie even bitter for their mouth sef. How person pension go plenty pas him salary!?

7 Likes

Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by StepTwo: 9:19pm On Apr 06, 2016
the thread dei for auto-correction mode ni?
abi na Lala dei down there like dis?
Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by luckman20(m): 9:19pm On Apr 06, 2016
Space booked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by BCJAY(f): 9:20pm On Apr 06, 2016
What an outrageous amount when teachers in Kwara state have embark on strike since last year someone salary is increased. All those defending him including Gov. fatal should be punished my take though

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Unknown Gunmen Kill 12 Cows In Akwa Ibom As Herdsmen Flee / US Unhappy Over Jailing Of Nigerians For Blasphemy / List Of APC Senators - Vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.