Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,998 members, 7,838,512 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

Breakdown Of 2013 Budget By Okonjo Iweala - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breakdown Of 2013 Budget By Okonjo Iweala (12375 Views)

Senate Reduces 2016 Budget By N17bn / The Deceptions In 2016 Budget By Remi Oyeyemi / Dasuki Releases Breakdown Of Arms Purchases, Says “nigerians Will Hear A Lot” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breakdown Of 2013 Budget By Okonjo Iweala by danslow9(m): 7:30pm On Mar 07, 2013
These are JUST figures. Talk to people in budget office and you will hear/see the reality on ground. Let them bring figures of budget from last year then compare with what was actually achieved then your eyes will shine!
Re: Breakdown Of 2013 Budget By Okonjo Iweala by grafikii: 7:31pm On Mar 07, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: "She said that the recurrent spending in total expenditure had reduced from 74.4 per centin 2011 to 67.5 per cent in 2013 while capital spending increased from 25.6 per cent in 2011 to 32.5 per cent in 2013"

"The minister said that N100 billion was saved for 2013 budget from the implementation of IPPIS"

"The minister said that government had reduced annual domestic borrowing to finance the budget deficit from N852 billion in 2011, to N744 in 2012, and now to N577 billion in 2013"

Figures no dey lie. We are making progresss
Capital projects was at 47% when obasanjo left in 2007, the reterdeen and his former boss took it down to 20%
Re: Breakdown Of 2013 Budget By Okonjo Iweala by Symphony007: 7:33pm On Mar 07, 2013
ochukoccna:
Keep deluding yourself
A developing nation with decrepit infrastructure like Nigeria spends 32.5% on captital projects and 67.5% on salaries mostly for the fat bellies in Aso Rock,Abuja and the different states copycat institutions
And this is making progress in your mind?
Fantastic!
Now we know where all the would be bridges,roads,hospitals,quality education etc is ending up
so what's your point? The civil service employees should be cut to save money? Or they should be paid peanuts? You just made a vague comment without a summary or overarching point.

1 Like

Re: Breakdown Of 2013 Budget By Okonjo Iweala by Obiora4life: 7:34pm On Mar 07, 2013
grafikii:
Capital projects was at 51% when obasanjo left in 2007, the reterdeen and his former boss took it down to 20%

lol, where? Post your source because that's incorrect information.
Re: Breakdown Of 2013 Budget By Okonjo Iweala by Kairoseki77: 7:35pm On Mar 07, 2013
Abbott:

Approximately, 2 Trillion NAIRA not DOLLAR. Dont give people cardiac arrest or High Blood Pressure.

Either way that is about 40% of the Federal Government's budget spent on 18000 people.

How is this possible? I would revolt. This is just blatant theft on a scale I have never seen in my life.

And when they say 30% budget implementation - Where does the other 70% go? Does it get refunded to the government? I'm sure it doesn't.

HOW CAN ANY HUMAN BEING BE OK WITH THEIR GOVERNMENT STEALING ALL OF THEIR MONEY. It's not even like they are hiding it from you. They don't even care.
Re: Breakdown Of 2013 Budget By Okonjo Iweala by Cwhyte(m): 7:39pm On Mar 07, 2013
Don't be deceived
She said,
1. “The gross federally collectible revenue is projected at N11.34 trillion,
2. the projection is based on oil
production of 2.53 million barrels per day
3. Benchmark oil price of 79 dollars per barrel,
4. average exchange rate of N160 per dollar,’’ she said.

Based on these , the oil revenue is calculated thus:

2.53 million barrels X 365 days = 92345000 barrels
92345000 barrels X 79 dollars = 72952550000 dollars
Then convert to naira
72952550000 X 160 = 11672408000000
Which is N11.67 trillion
Now add the FIRS Federal Inland Revenue Services in non oil taxes of N1.8 trillion and oil taxes
11.67+1.8+3.2= Total is N16.67 trillion
So where is the remaining N5.33 trillion

(16.67-11,34)
(source http://www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/business-package[color=#990000][/color]/2012-10-29-11-36-27/taxation/item/5278-non-oil-taxes-in-nigeria-hit-n18-trillion)

1 Like

Re: Breakdown Of 2013 Budget By Okonjo Iweala by grafikii: 7:41pm On Mar 07, 2013
Obiora4life:

My bad, it was a 47% still by far better than the reterdeen 's

Source

www.thenigeriabusiness.com/eco5.html
Re: Breakdown Of 2013 Budget By Okonjo Iweala by Obiora4life: 7:44pm On Mar 07, 2013
grafikii:
My bad, it was a 47% still by far better than the reterdeen 's

Source

It was 43% and not 47%, besides there was a reason why it went down...
Re: Breakdown Of 2013 Budget By Okonjo Iweala by grafikii: 7:49pm On Mar 07, 2013
Obiora4life:

It was 43% and not 47%, besides there was a reason why it went down...
Do you want me to post the full breakdown? And what do you mean there was a reason it went down. As far as I know obasanjo cut down excessive spending, irrelevant ministries and so on. The reterdeen came in and took Nigeria 10yrs back
Re: Breakdown Of 2013 Budget By Okonjo Iweala by Kairoseki77: 7:50pm On Mar 07, 2013
Symphony007: so what's your point? The civil service employees should be cut to save money? Or they should be paid peanuts? You just made a vague comment without a summary or overarching point.

PEANUTS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

They are paid 40% of the entire budget!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[size=18pt]The N1.717 trillion the government is spending in personnel costs is $10,863,647,870. That's 10.8 BILLION DOLLARS. [/size]

Let's divide that money by the 18,000 civil servants to see how much they make on average...

10,863,647,870 / 18,000 = $603,535.99

[size=18pt]So each civil servant makes on average $603,535 a year![/size] I will bet $100 that most of the civil servants DO make peanuts while most of the money is shared amongst the top 5,000 in government. They don't even have the common decency to pay the hardworking, and honest, college graduates in the civil service enough to live a good life. They'd rather steal it all and watch their subordinates suffer.

Meanwhile the average Nigerian makes $2,600 a year. No power, good hospitals, or security. People are joining cults out of desperation and poverty. Many cannot read. And NONE OF IT is their fault. It's because these ******** are robbing the country blind.

This is THEFT. What kind of sick human being can stand in front of the media and say that her government is stealing her fellow citizen's money? What type of person DEFENDS this?

You "laptop dogs" are not making anywhere near this amount of money. That's YOUR MONEY they are stealing too!

I am so angry Nairaland would ban me if I said what I really feel, and I'm not even Nigerian. What are you going to do to stop this madness?
Re: Breakdown Of 2013 Budget By Okonjo Iweala by karlmax2: 7:55pm On Mar 07, 2013
Obiora4life:

am also keen to see the source
Re: Breakdown Of 2013 Budget By Okonjo Iweala by Obiora4life: 8:00pm On Mar 07, 2013
grafikii:
Do you want me to post the full breakdown? And what do you mean there was a reason it went down. As far as I know obasanjo cut down excessive spending, irrelevant ministries and so on. The reterdeen came in and took Nigeria 10yrs back

When NASS passed the mandatory statutory allocation act, automatically increasing their pay massively by almost double, where were you? Now you want to blame the retardeen,
Re: Breakdown Of 2013 Budget By Okonjo Iweala by Nobody: 8:06pm On Mar 07, 2013
Maxymilliano: Beyond the hollow ritual of budgetary allocations, there's need for effective implementation and monitoring.

The police force is a typical example of how ineffective the government monitoring process...
your complaining won't change anything. What do you suggest we do? Make useful realistic hopeful comments and stop complaining
Re: Breakdown Of 2013 Budget By Okonjo Iweala by grafikii: 8:07pm On Mar 07, 2013
Obiora4life:

When NASS passed the mandatory statutory allocation act, automatically increasing their pay massively by almost double, where were you? Now you want to blame the retardeen,
And what did the reterdeen do about it? Absolutely nothing, what do you expect from a free for all government, why didn't they increase their allowance when obasanjo was president
Re: Breakdown Of 2013 Budget By Okonjo Iweala by grafikii: 8:08pm On Mar 07, 2013
karl max: am also keen to see the source
Your link
I bet you didn't know that.
Re: Breakdown Of 2013 Budget By Okonjo Iweala by Obiora4life: 8:13pm On Mar 07, 2013
grafikii:
And what did the reterdeen do about it? Absolutely nothing, what do you expect from a free for all government, why didn't they increase their allowance when obasanjo was president

The retardeen did his retardious best but they amended their pay clause in the Constitution that overrode the executive veto so what will the retardeen do about it? Arrest them?

Bros, abeg go and read about the shenanigans that happened during that period, same way NASS unanimously passed bills that favored them, is same way they did that one.
Re: Breakdown Of 2013 Budget By Okonjo Iweala by grafikii: 8:25pm On Mar 07, 2013
He could have spoken against it, he could have called on Nigerians to put them in order but he couldn't because he is a bigger thief. Btw, the NASS alone couldn't have brought down the figure that much.
Again the executive propose the budget to the legislators, they only added their's.
Re: Breakdown Of 2013 Budget By Okonjo Iweala by free2ryhme: 8:29pm On Mar 07, 2013
SURE P? Na lie madam minister, you are not using SURE-P money for any social safety net. that money is been reserved for 2015 election. this is one area the opposition must demand accountability or else that money can turn the table in favour of PDP come 2015.
By the way, why will this govt spend 950b on security and the challenegs still persist? why? putting N50million on each of the terrorist leaders will bring an end to terrorism in Nigeria. the govt should try this formula, it has succeeded even in countries where standard of living is high how much more Nigeria. infact it is their family members that will give them up.

1 Like

Re: Breakdown Of 2013 Budget By Okonjo Iweala by michtob(m): 8:35pm On Mar 07, 2013
“We also allocated over N950 billion (almost N1trillion) for national security purposes, comprised of N320 billion for the police , and N364 billion for the Armed Forces, N115 billion for the Office of the NSA, and N154 billion for the Ministry of the Interior.

“For 2013, the SURE-P programme has a
projected allocation of N180 billion,
augmented by the 2012 unspent balances of N93.5 billion..... This is serious.
Re: Breakdown Of 2013 Budget By Okonjo Iweala by gerald09(m): 8:42pm On Mar 07, 2013
Obiora4life:

My broda, figures do not LIE.

I was having this argument about two weeks ago with some dufus who think madam NOI isn't doing nothing, it's good to see that we're improving.

The part I enjoyed read was when she said d NON-OIL sector will sustain d 2013 budget, it bin a while!
Re: Breakdown Of 2013 Budget By Okonjo Iweala by grafikii: 8:47pm On Mar 07, 2013
gerald09:

The part I enjoyed read was when she said d NON-OIL sector will sustain d 2013 budget, it bin a while!
And where is the breakdown of how that will work, the Firs?
Re: Breakdown Of 2013 Budget By Okonjo Iweala by Nobody: 10:19pm On Mar 07, 2013
Warri _Pikin: See how Boko Haram under-develops the rest of Nigeria. See the amount of resources poured into national security because of the Boko boys. It is even more than the amount spent on critical infrastructure as power, roads etc. Mehn, i wan slap those useless Boko boys.

I tend to agree with you. The large chunk of the budget allocated to national security alone is way too much and it is not yielding any tangible result as the security situation in Nigeria is moving from bad to worse. Come to think of it, Nigeria isn't at war with any rival nation on battle field and so such hype given to national security alone could have been used for other critical sectors beggin for attention. Same was done in 2012 budget which got the largest chunk of the budget all in the name of national security but till this very moment, nothing tangible has been achieved in that regard. Goodluck jonathan is only using these islamic extremism as a shadow for reckless spending cause we are not to see any justification for such huge allocation to national security alone when matched with realities on ground
Re: Breakdown Of 2013 Budget By Okonjo Iweala by ANYPEN(m): 11:21pm On Mar 07, 2013
has all these changed the price of garri in market or has the price of cement reduced a bit?
Re: Breakdown Of 2013 Budget By Okonjo Iweala by emiye(m): 11:33pm On Mar 07, 2013
What percentage of the capital expenditure budget was implemented last year?

I doubt they achieved up to 50%. SMH
Re: Breakdown Of 2013 Budget By Okonjo Iweala by kabba7(m): 12:39am On Mar 08, 2013
Symphony007: This is the beautifull part! We're all happy now seeing all the figures and allocations clearly but when this money starts doing down the wire to all the ministries and agencies, the thiefs spring up and start stuffing their pockets. And when we don't see progress we blame jonathan. This is the problem facing nigeria we need to solve!!!

Who should be blamed , the pope or your villagehead
Re: Breakdown Of 2013 Budget By Okonjo Iweala by vanstanzy(m): 1:07am On Mar 08, 2013
IMAGINE ALL THAT MONEY? AND TO THINK OF IT, 40-45 PERCENT OF IT IS GOING TO BE EMBEZELLED BY THIS THIEFING POLITICIANS.
Re: Breakdown Of 2013 Budget By Okonjo Iweala by anonimi: 1:59am On Mar 08, 2013
Looking forward to the breakdown for each of the 36 states and FCT including details on their respective state house feeding and security votes.
Has anyone seen the breakdown of the budget for her local government authority? That would be very interesting to analyse.

Re: Breakdown Of 2013 Budget By Okonjo Iweala by Nobody: 2:20am On Mar 08, 2013
anonimi: Looking forward to the breakdown for each of the 36 states and FCT including details on their respective state house feeding and security votes.
Has anyone seen the breakdown of the budget for her local government authority? That would be very interesting to analyse.

I know, right. There is almost no news on LG finances; it's only State and federal budgets we get to hear about.
Re: Breakdown Of 2013 Budget By Okonjo Iweala by Ngwakwe: 2:25am On Mar 08, 2013
I will comment in 2014 after the implementation of this budget, it's effect on the economy and the story of the hardworking men on the streets of 9jar.
Re: Breakdown Of 2013 Budget By Okonjo Iweala by mykkey(m): 5:10am On Mar 08, 2013
Easier said than done
Re: Breakdown Of 2013 Budget By Okonjo Iweala by Remii(m): 6:39am On Mar 08, 2013
“For 2013, the SURE-P programme has a projected allocation of N180 billion, augmented by the 2012 unspent balances of N93.5 billion. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

how can you have unspent balance when GEJ approached NASS for N160b supplementary fund in Dec, 2012 to be able to fulfill the same subsidy. This financial accountants na wa.
Re: Breakdown Of 2013 Budget By Okonjo Iweala by Hugo7(m): 7:35am On Mar 08, 2013
"THE BIG QUESTION"
WILL THE BUDGET BE ALLOWED TO PLAY ITS ROLE?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The South-east Is Like A Private Construction Zone / Senate Moves To Enforce Patronage Of Local Goods / Senator Binta Garba: I Hawked Bread, Moi Moi To Survive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.