Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,915 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:06 PM

The South-east Is Like A Private Construction Zone - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The South-east Is Like A Private Construction Zone (12292 Views)

South-east Is The Most Secure Geo-political Zone - UN / Nothing To Show That South-east Is Part Of Nigeria - Okorocha / South-East Is Safest Place To Live - UN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

The South-east Is Like A Private Construction Zone by Emancipation: 8:50am On Feb 25, 2016
I have been away from the country for almost 4 years for studies. I had the opportunity to tour the east for the past two months trying to setup up my business. It felt like a construction zone everywhere. The type of real estate boom happening is shocking. Places that used to be bush years ago are housing estates. I couldn't even recognize my own mother's village. The development is real and surprising considering the fact that the economy is not good.

My theory about this is that:

1)possible investment coming from igbos in the diaspora.

2) possible that igbos in nigeria have finally reversed the trend of investing outside of igboland

3) possible that Easterners on average might have stronger spending power

Finally, i think that governments in the east have to be more strict when it comes to new developments in virgin lands. They need to make sure the area is mapped out and well planned before people get permit to build so that space for road expansion can be available. But I am still impressed at the rapid developments.

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The South-east Is Like A Private Construction Zone by ChappyChase: 8:51am On Feb 25, 2016
Na we be our own government.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The South-east Is Like A Private Construction Zone by Nobody: 8:51am On Feb 25, 2016
End time state..

I love my end time state anambra

6 Likes

Re: The South-east Is Like A Private Construction Zone by Emancipation: 8:56am On Feb 25, 2016
ChappyChase:
Na we be our own government.

I love the can do spirit of our people but we still need good governance to keep things in order and civil.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: The South-east Is Like A Private Construction Zone by Liberty90: 8:56am On Feb 25, 2016
I have observed this also. The reason is simple: Nigeria will cease to exist very soon. The wise ones know this and are investing now before prices quadruple. Not just people in Diaspora, those in Lagos and North are also investing back home...preparing to relocate when it ceases to exist.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The South-east Is Like A Private Construction Zone by phantom(m): 9:05am On Feb 25, 2016
True! Many igbos are coming back home to invest. It's stupid having your business everywhere in this country except where you are from.
The igbos can single handedly develop their region WITHOUT federal assistance so it beats me how some of our igbo leaders like TA orji treated and still treat their states.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The South-east Is Like A Private Construction Zone by betterABIAstate: 9:08am On Feb 25, 2016
Of course, igbos are becoming wiser, I was marvelled to see an Igbo man build a highrise hotel with elevators in Enugu and also a 25 duplex estate in awka. Go to isikwuato and see the massive industrial city ugah is building there.
Ifeanyi ubah too cannot be left out

24 Likes

Re: The South-east Is Like A Private Construction Zone by Emancipation: 9:11am On Feb 25, 2016
phantom:
True! Many igbos are coming back home to invest. It's stupid having your business everywhere in this country except where you are from.
The igbos can single handedly develop their region WITHOUT federal assistance so it beats me how some of our igbo leaders like TA orji treat their states.

This is why we need true federalism. Imagine what we can accomplish if given the powers to govern our region. All this talk about referendum will end overnight.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: The South-east Is Like A Private Construction Zone by tchigofigo(m): 9:18am On Feb 25, 2016
That's hw it shld be... Vry soon, nigerians will find d zone vry vry lucrAtive n conducive for business

9 Likes

Re: The South-east Is Like A Private Construction Zone by omoelesa(m): 9:28am On Feb 25, 2016
Igboland is now the london of nigeria,no wonder people a now moving their, en mass.Later, visa would be required.Give us biaafraud,we need biaafraud.

8 Likes

Re: The South-east Is Like A Private Construction Zone by phantom(m): 9:29am On Feb 25, 2016
Emancipation:

This is why we need true federalism. Imagine what we can accomplish if given the powers to govern our region. All this talk about referendum will end overnight.
exactly! And that is what the south east truly needs. 100% Control of its resources while enjoying being in a larger nation at the same time.
The South east is blessed with the most important resource any country can have- a large educated population.
Forget oil,gas,coal,precious stones or any other natural resource..the human resource in the east is of high quality and MUST be put to good use.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: The South-east Is Like A Private Construction Zone by DICK4UCKPUSSY: 9:36am On Feb 25, 2016
phantom:
exactly! And that is what the south east truly needs. 100% Control of its resources while enjoying being in a larger nation at the same time.
The South east is blessed with the most important resource any country can have- a large educated population.
Forget oil,gas,coal,precious stones or any other natural resource..the human resource in the east is of high quality and MUST be put to good use.

LOLgrin which resources ..?

At what quantity re these resources..?

Can it sustain a state..?

3 Likes

Re: The South-east Is Like A Private Construction Zone by phantom(m): 9:39am On Feb 25, 2016
DICK4UCKPUSSY:

What exactly are you on about? Is comprehending a simple post difficult for you?

21 Likes

Re: The South-east Is Like A Private Construction Zone by IkpuMmadu: 9:48am On Feb 25, 2016
I used to know a man that is worth billions ..he has a FIRM IN Lagos.. He was so confident of the love by the people that claim they are his (g)host in Lagos till oba of Lagos made that lagoon statement ...the man said that was an eye opener ...he has started pulling all his investment back to east

Also a friend was based in USA and he wanted to build a house in Lagos ..I advised him against it..he claimed one Nigeria ....I took him to a tour of nairaland so that he can read the anti igbo comments ..he read it and now changed his mind ...he has estate in enugu

All you need to do is take them on a tour of Nairaland ..if you can't do that ..just go to search and type igbo

That's all

Igbos are getting wiser now
Where is ugomba and peppyluv and asadike

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The South-east Is Like A Private Construction Zone by Emancipation: 9:49am On Feb 25, 2016
DICK4UCKPUSSY:

It is a statement of fact that the south east is blessed in abundance with both human and natural resources. Besides countries like korea and japan developed with no natural resources.

18 Likes

Re: The South-east Is Like A Private Construction Zone by IkpuMmadu: 9:49am On Feb 25, 2016
phantom:

We should keep our economy in our grip and have a chunk of theirs

12 Likes

Re: The South-east Is Like A Private Construction Zone by Emancipation: 9:58am On Feb 25, 2016
phantom:

The richest companies in the world are apple and google. They were built with human resources. Highly educated work force. That's why i laugh at the obsession of people in this country with oil.

Japan and korea developed without oil

The JAMB, WAEC and NECO scores and ranking shows that the south east is producing the future educated workforce that will power its growth and development,

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The South-east Is Like A Private Construction Zone by JahJaa(m): 10:08am On Feb 25, 2016
phantom:

What exactly are you on about? Is comprehending a simple post difficult for you?
Bro He didnt Understand your post well and he even had the guts to open teeth some people likes to behave like dumps atimes. The SE is fast Developing No doubt Abt that and we also need new Ideas Fresh Leaders with Visions I Belive in few years Our SE will Be Outstanding and Beautiful, Niceday bro

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: The South-east Is Like A Private Construction Zone by tanteta(m): 10:30am On Feb 25, 2016
A welcome development from my eastern brothers. The sun will rise again.

7 Likes

Re: The South-east Is Like A Private Construction Zone by BenBruce4Presdt(f): 10:39am On Feb 25, 2016
I don't care about all these.. .i just want APC and PDP members all dead.. Starting with Buhari...

Can Buhari just collapse and die already!

6 Likes

Re: The South-east Is Like A Private Construction Zone by PAINGAIN: 10:42am On Feb 25, 2016
Thing is the last presidential election really opened the eyes of the igbos to the fact that we r the only tribe that embraced the so called one nigeria. Now more igbos r bringing there investments back home.

20 Likes

Re: The South-east Is Like A Private Construction Zone by plaetton: 10:46am On Feb 25, 2016
IkpuMmadu:
I used to know a man that is worth billions ..he has a FIRM IN Lagos.. He was so confident of the love by the people that claim they are his (g)host in Lagos till oba of Lagos made that lagoon statement ...the man said that was an eye opener ...he has started pulling all his investment back to east

Also a friend was based in USA and he wanted to build a house in Lagos ..I advised him against it..he claimed one Nigeria ....I took him to a tour of nairaland so that he can read the anti igbo comments ..he read it and now changed his mind ...he has estate in enugu

All you need to do is take them on a tour of Nairaland ..if you can't do that ..just go to search and type igbo

That's all

Igbos are getting wiser now
Where is ugomba and peppyluv and asadike

Good point there.

I have been an a one Nigeria optimist for most of my life, until recently , when I started paying attention to the political section of Nairaland.
More recently, with the detention and vile vilifications of Nnamdi Kanu protest movement on Nairaland, I have given up on the fact that we could ever be united as one Nigeria.

So, just like everyone else, I am beginning to shift my investment focus towards the East.

It's a wake up call.

20 Likes

Re: The South-east Is Like A Private Construction Zone by IkpuMmadu: 11:01am On Feb 25, 2016
plaetton:

Good point there.

I have been an a one Nigeria optimist for most of my life, until recently , when I started paying attention to the political section of Nairaland.
More recently, with the detention and vile vilifications of Nnamdi Kanu protest movement on Nairaland, I have given up on the fact that we could ever be united as one Nigeria.

So, just like everyone else, I am beginning to shift my investment focus towards the East.

It's a wake up call.

If you want to know one Nigeria and the love for igbo

Just visit www.nairaland.com and go to search space type igbo ...you will see the result , then also type ibo .

Then make up your mind where you want your investment ....

Nairaland has made it clear ...I can make all the billions in Lagos .I will just build tiny 3 bed room all my investment is in easter. Cities

Thank you nairaland
Thank you Seun for opening our eyes

To the love Nigeria has for igbo

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: The South-east Is Like A Private Construction Zone by cheruv: 11:01am On Feb 25, 2016
Emancipation:

The FG would not listen till barrels of crude oil are given for free in the international market grin
And when that happens,those northerners you see enforcing one Nigeria would be the ones screaming for secession

12 Likes

Re: The South-east Is Like A Private Construction Zone by Pwayne2016(m): 11:03am On Feb 25, 2016
betterABIAstate:
Of course, igbos are becoming wiser, I was marvelled to see an Igbo man build a highrise hotel with elevators in Enugu and also a 25 duplex estate in awka. Go to isikwuato and see the massive industrial city ugah is building there.
Ifeanyi ubah too cannot be left out
where at Awka bro ?
Re: The South-east Is Like A Private Construction Zone by DankemzI(m): 11:05am On Feb 25, 2016
I never beleived the so called one Nigeria thingy....
We've been betrayed by our fellow southerners...
Am very happy Abia state got thier act right..
Imagine what Aba will look like once Our able Gov. Ikpeazu is done with the reconstruction and facelift

8 Likes

Re: The South-east Is Like A Private Construction Zone by EasternActivist: 11:09am On Feb 25, 2016
One Nigeria na wash...
Invest in other states at your own peril.
SE is fast developing, who that has ear let him hear and do the needful...

I Rep the east.

13 Likes

Re: The South-east Is Like A Private Construction Zone by cheruv: 11:11am On Feb 25, 2016
IkpuMmadu:

We should keep our economy in our grip and have a chunk of theirs
I so much love this submission... Have 101% control of ours and at least 30% of theirs. Lemme add another one....we need an army(yes I mean Igbo army) to protect us from the whims and caprices of those who we might control parts of their economy. In my dealings with humans I've learnt never to underestimate the power of jealousy undecided

11 Likes

Re: The South-east Is Like A Private Construction Zone by cheruv: 11:12am On Feb 25, 2016
EasternActivist:
One Nigeria na wash...
Invest in other states at your own peril.
SE is fast developing, who that has ear let him hear and do the needful...

I Rep the east.
SE plus Anioma pls wink

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The South-east Is Like A Private Construction Zone by EasternActivist: 11:14am On Feb 25, 2016
cheruv:

SE plus Anioma pls wink

Anioma is not left out, definitely cheesy

11 Likes

Re: The South-east Is Like A Private Construction Zone by RareDiamond: 11:16am On Feb 25, 2016
Igboland is beautiful and conducive for living, learning, tourism and business. We have an emerging paradise in Igboland, that is why eagle eye investors who can see huge profits from a distance are moving and investing in Igboland.

Below are pictures from Owerri, Imo State. Ala Igbo Amaka !!!

10 Likes

Re: The South-east Is Like A Private Construction Zone by RareDiamond: 11:16am On Feb 25, 2016
More pictures of Owerri, Imo State. Ala Igbo Amaka !!!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lecturers Endorse Buhari, Say Atiku Part Of Nigeria’s Problems. / Godwin Daboh Adzuana Is Dead / Humanitarian Workers Withdraw From IDPs Camp In Maiduguri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.