Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,456 members, 7,819,666 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

Gender Equality, The Cause Of Many Broken Families Or Not? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Gender Equality, The Cause Of Many Broken Families Or Not? (2917 Views)

Can't We Just Get Married Without Involving Families? / Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality / What Is Majorly The Cause Of A Child's Brilliancy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gender Equality, The Cause Of Many Broken Families Or Not? by Nobody: 8:42am On Mar 10, 2013
Daresh: @Fellis submitting to your husband does not make him stronger than you. The truth is all this submit thing is just a way to massage his ego. Men and their egos. When they say submit simply do not fight and argue out a matter too much that is ALL. Choose right when you marry, a man that has no probs helping round the house and doesn't think it is beneath a man to do house work. Don't my thing nl'ers some that are making mouth here cook and wash the plates @ home. My dad cook washes his clothes so its natural for me to see my husband doing it. Submit to only ur man.

[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS1FJY08F_1xGWsF5b5hFPnKXJbfsfo9PwsHedXpjdYzk529nfi&t=1[/img]
Re: Gender Equality, The Cause Of Many Broken Families Or Not? by Nobody: 11:05am On Mar 10, 2013
fellis: @byvan,
If you say that you are advocating submission by women because the Bible says so, I would understand. Just stop trying to rationalize it because it can never be rationalized.

There is nothing to rationalize here,phyically the average man can maul the average woman,doesn't that tell you that there strength are not equal?If a physical combat is waged and it is declared that the winner leads,don't you think men will win?Before the advent of intellectual combats,there have been the physical which has been the yardstick for measuring real men in those days.
Re: Gender Equality, The Cause Of Many Broken Families Or Not? by Nobody: 11:05am On Mar 10, 2013
fellis: @byvan,
If you say that you are advocating submission by women because the Bible says so, I would understand. Just stop trying to rationalize it because it can never be rationalized.

Don't think am supporting men,far from that,I can't change nature.Why are they born without hymen??why can a man impregnate more than 200 women but a woman can't get pregnant and put to bed 200times??Why are they physically stronger??why do women's fertility decline first??why do they pay the bride price??why wasn't pregnancy rationed between a man and woman,each to carry in turns??why are there more men in the military??Why can a man hurt you with his male organ during sex but you can't hurt him with yours??Why are women created in delicate soft curves intead of the ripply rigid masculine appearanceso many questions to ask yourself,doesn't that show you that one is ordained to care for the fairer one??There must be a leader for orderliness to reign.

1 Like

Re: Gender Equality, The Cause Of Many Broken Families Or Not? by Nobody: 11:13am On Mar 10, 2013
fellis:

First you say nature assigned the leadership role to men. Then you say some men are not supposed to lead. Don't you think that is contradictory? So what you are saying in the end is that some men were assigned leadership roles and some men were not assigned leadership roles by nature while NO SINGLE WOMAN ON EARTH is capable of being a leader in the home. How does that sound to you?
Strength is not all that is required to be a leader. A person also needs intelligence, the ability to reason logically, compassion/kind heartedness, problem solving abilities, a hardworking personality and so on. Are you saying men generally excel in all these things more than women?
Physical strength alone is not all that is required for leadership. If strength was all that is needed for leadership then the presidential election campaigns in countries would involve people doing weight lifting or arm wrestling and other activities to show the citizens that they are very strong physically.

I don't think you put any effort in comprehending the post.The issue of some men not being able to lead is more of a personal orientation,I can't submit to just anyone that is endowed with a scrotal sack,that's my personal opinion.Try and understand my post if you want to because am tired of running round same circle with you.Its simple,if you are a lady,please just remain single and be your own leader.

1 Like

Re: Gender Equality, The Cause Of Many Broken Families Or Not? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Mar 10, 2013
byvan:
There is nothing to rationalize here,phyically the average man can maul the average woman,doesn't that tell you that there strength are not equal?If a physical combat is waged and it is declared that the winner leads,don't you think men will win?Before the advent of intellectual combats,there have been the physical which has been the yardstick for measuring real men in those days.

You cannot use strength as a yardstick for measuring who is superior.
A lot of mentally retarded people are very strong, way stronger than those with normal and better intellects. Some of the psychopaths in jail who beat other people to death with their strength and not any weapons are stronger than those who have gone on to achieve great things in this life and left a mark in the shore of time.
Should we all subject ourselves to whoever is stronger than us because they have more physical strength?
Why shouldn't we also consider things like brains or ability to get along with others or how diligent people are when we want to determine superiority? What is wrong with considering these things as well?
I am quite glad that you mentioned that using strength to determine real men was only done before the advent of intellectual combats. The world is progressing.
Let it keep progressing.

Let me ask you a question, will you say that the men who brutally murdered those men in ALUU are superior to the females in your family?
Or would you say that Clifford Orji the serial cannibalist is superior to your mother simply because he is male and your mother is female?

1 Like

Re: Gender Equality, The Cause Of Many Broken Families Or Not? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Mar 10, 2013
byvan:
Don't think am supporting men,far from that,I can't change nature.Why are they born without hymen??

What?!?!!!? How does hymen determine superiority? What the.?....I don't even....
Ok, why are women born without foreskin?
why can a man impregnate more than 200 women but a woman can't get pregnant and put to bed 200times??
Why can a man not put to bed at all, even once?
Why are they physically stronger??
Why do women have stronger immune systems?
why do women's fertility decline first??
Why do women live longer?
why do they pay the bride price??
lol, this one has nothing to do with nature, grin. It was a law started by men to subjugate women. It is not even in your Bible or the Qur'an.
why wasn't pregnancy rationed between a man and woman,each to carry in turns??
Why is it impossible for the male body to sustain or keep a human being alive inside it?
why are there more men in the military??
I addressed your strength issue in my first post.
Why can a man hurt you with his male organ during sex but you can't hurt him with yours??
Wow. So ability to hurt others should be used to determine superiority? Animals like the lions can hurt men with their claws. Does that make animals superior to men?
Why are women created in delicate soft curves intead of the ripply rigid masculine appearance
Why do men fall for these soft delicate curves far more than women fall for their rigid masculine appearance?
so many questions to ask yourself,doesn't that show you that one is ordained to care for the fairer one??There must be a leader for orderliness to reign.
Actually the questions do not hold water, women are just as smart as men and have the sense to take care of themselves, and for orderliness to reign, there must be cooperation and understanding between people.

1 Like

Re: Gender Equality, The Cause Of Many Broken Families Or Not? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Mar 10, 2013
byvan:
I don't think you put any effort in comprehending the post.The issue of some men not being able to lead is more of a personal orientation
Please if you are wrong then admit that you are wrong and stop this 'you do not understand my post' talk.
If you say men are born as natural good leaders and their turning out to be bad leaders is due to personal orientation then you have to prove it. Don't just make the statement. Provide proof that it is true. Thank you.

I can't submit to just anyone that is endowed with a scrotal sack,that's my personal opinion.Try and understand my post if you want to because am tired of running round same circle with you.Its simple,if you are a lady,please just remain single and be your own leader.
If you are tired of me the why do you keep coming back to reply my posts? Why not read them and ignore them? No one is forcing you to reply.
Re: Gender Equality, The Cause Of Many Broken Families Or Not? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Mar 10, 2013
Men's inability to support their women is the cause of broken families
Re: Gender Equality, The Cause Of Many Broken Families Or Not? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Mar 10, 2013
fellis:

You cannot use strength as a yardstick for measuring who is superior.
A lot of mentally retarded people are very strong, way stronger than those with normal and better intellects. Some of the psychopaths in jail who beat other people to death with their strength and not any weapons are stronger than those who have gone on to achieve great things in this life and left a mark in the shore of time.
Should we all subject ourselves to whoever is stronger than us because they have more physical strength?
Why shouldn't we also consider things like brains or ability to get along with others or how diligent people are when we want to determine superiority? What is wrong with considering these things as well?
I am quite glad that you mentioned that using strength to determine real men was only done before the advent of intellectual combats. The world is progressing.
Let it keep progressing.

Let me ask you a question, will you say that the men who brutally murdered those men in ALUU are superior to the females in your family?
Or would you say that Clifford Orji the serial cannibalist is superior to your mother simply because he is male and your mother is female?

You must be brain dead to think that bringing my mother into this will buttress any hopeless point of yours.Die single or better still,pay a man's bride price.Am done with you since you can't think sensibly enough not to get my mother into your stup*d,baseless argument.Its obvious you have no regards for your father,the fact that he might be less than a man shouldn't be your yardstick for measuring other men.

1 Like

Re: Gender Equality, The Cause Of Many Broken Families Or Not? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Mar 10, 2013
byvan:

You must be brain dead to think that bringing my mother into this will buttress any hopeless point of yours.Die single or better still,pay a man's bride price.Am done with you since you can't think sensibly enough not to get my mother into your stup*d,baseless argument.Its obvious you have no regards for your father,the fact that he might be less than a man shouldn't be your yardstick for measuring other men.

I understand that you have no points whatsoever to go against the points I made so you had to resort to insults.
I understand.
Good bye and good riddance.

1 Like

Re: Gender Equality, The Cause Of Many Broken Families Or Not? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Mar 10, 2013
byvan:

And by the way, [size=15pt]I DID NOT INSULT YOUR MOTHER OR SAY ANYTHING OFFENSIVE ABOUT HER[/size].

I only asked you whether those male ALUU murderers are superior to her since you insisted that superiority is measured by strength.

If you had put your emotions aside when you were reading that post, you would have understood it better.
Re: Gender Equality, The Cause Of Many Broken Families Or Not? by Nobody: 10:08pm On Mar 10, 2013
@Fellis, no need for apologies. U made very valid points.

1 Like

Re: Gender Equality, The Cause Of Many Broken Families Or Not? by bukatyne(f): 2:43pm On Feb 08, 2015
miredia:
There's nothing wrong with gender equality. Women aren't inferior to men. Broken homes are primarily a function of broken attitudes.

Hmmmm

Really nice one

(1) (2) (Reply)

Were Should She Dry Her Pants / Should I Prove It To Her / Only A Mother Could Indeed Tolerate These

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.