Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,684 members, 7,831,122 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

Oodua Peoples Congress, Ijaw National Congress Back Jonathan For Second Term - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oodua Peoples Congress, Ijaw National Congress Back Jonathan For Second Term (1305 Views)

Ndoki Are Ijaw Only For Political purpose---Ijaw National Congress / White Witches Back Jonathan To Beat Buhari / Afenifere, Ohanaeze Back Jonathan’s Declaration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oodua Peoples Congress, Ijaw National Congress Back Jonathan For Second Term by Nobody: 2:02pm On Mar 08, 2013

The Oodua Peoples Congress and the Ijaw National Congress have declared their support for President Goodluck Jonathan ahead of the general election in 2015.

The two groups said Jonathan deserves a second herm.

Leaders of the two groups, Dr. Frederick Faseun of the OPC and Comrade James Evah of the INC, on Thursday openly declared support for Jonathan for a second term.

Speaking in Lagos State at the Okota headquarters of the OPC, the leaders of the two regional bodies, said anyone against Jonathan running for a second term was acting contrary to the constitution of the country.

The two leaders spoke when Evah visited Fasehun in commemoration of the birthday of late Chief Obafemi Awolowo.

Faseun said: “The constitution says that a president can spend two tenures.

“It’s a constitutional arrangement. I won’t be part of the group that will flout the constitution of this country. Everybody has a right to contest after Jonathan’s term. Jonathan has only spent half of his term.
If he has spent his full time, which is a second term, then anybody can come in. We don’t want to deny Jonathan his second term. Our words to the Yoruba and Ijaw people, is together we stand, because unity is in force and if we fail to stand together, we’ll fall. Our meeting shall succeed.”

Faseun equally criticized the lopsided distribution of oil blocks in favor of Northerners.

He said: “I wonder then how much of the oil blocks is left to the owners of the oil.

“I believe in fairness, which is why rather than speak against the Niger Delta militants, I went to the creeks to see things for myself and then I agreed with their struggle. But I told them to stop soiling their land in their struggle or else they’ll destroy everything. I think that for peace to reign in Nigeria, there must be justice all over. When there’s justice, there’ll be growth.”

Evah said that the Ijaws believe in honouring Nigerians who have done well, hence the decision to commemorate the birthday of Chief Awolowo.

He equally commended the Yoruba race for being one that believes in equity, fairness and justice.

He said: “If not because of the South West, Jonathan would not be president. He wouldn’t even be a vice president.We prayed then that God should give Jonathan the economic wisdom of Awolowo to use in ruling Nigeria.
Niger Delta celebrates Chief Obafemi Awolowo’s birthday. It was Awolowo who first prophesied that it won’t be long before someone from the Niger Delta region will become the president of Nigeria.”

Source
Re: Oodua Peoples Congress, Ijaw National Congress Back Jonathan For Second Term by Nobody: 2:09pm On Mar 08, 2013
Waiting to hear Gani Adams faction of OPC.
Re: Oodua Peoples Congress, Ijaw National Congress Back Jonathan For Second Term by grafikii: 2:29pm On Mar 08, 2013
berem: Waiting to hear Gani Adams faction of OPC.
Opc still dey yoruba land? This must be pdp-opc

1 Like

Re: Oodua Peoples Congress, Ijaw National Congress Back Jonathan For Second Term by Afam4eva(m): 2:32pm On Mar 08, 2013
There's OPC-PDP and OPC-OPC. OPC-PDP has spoken. let's hear from the real OPC. Oya, gani Adams over to you.
Re: Oodua Peoples Congress, Ijaw National Congress Back Jonathan For Second Term by EkoAtlantic2(f): 2:33pm On Mar 08, 2013
grafikii:
Lol
Re: Oodua Peoples Congress, Ijaw National Congress Back Jonathan For Second Term by Nobody: 2:50pm On Mar 08, 2013
grafikii:
lol very funny! just like we have boko haram pdp, apga pdp, mend pdp and so on. Now opc has joined the subsidiaries of Pdp.
Re: Oodua Peoples Congress, Ijaw National Congress Back Jonathan For Second Term by OmoTier1(m): 5:22pm On Mar 08, 2013
berem: lol very funny! just like we have boko haram pdp, apga pdp, mend pdp and so on. Now opc has joined the subsidiaries of Pdp.
When Buhari said PDP has formed her own merger what do you think He was referring to? undecided
Re: Oodua Peoples Congress, Ijaw National Congress Back Jonathan For Second Term by Nobody: 5:25pm On Mar 08, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
When Buhari said PDP has formed her own merger what do you think He was referring to? undecided
ahaaa! now i understand.
Re: Oodua Peoples Congress, Ijaw National Congress Back Jonathan For Second Term by musiwa10: 5:36pm On Mar 08, 2013
G
Re: Oodua Peoples Congress, Ijaw National Congress Back Jonathan For Second Term by Sunnybobo3(m): 5:36pm On Mar 08, 2013
Afam4eva: There's OPC-PDP and OPC-OPC. OPC-PDP has spoken. let's hear from the real OPC. Oya, gani Adams over to you.

@Afam, this should tell you where Gani Adams stand;

https://www.nairaland.com/1136627/bayelsa-funeral-gani-adams-played
Re: Oodua Peoples Congress, Ijaw National Congress Back Jonathan For Second Term by gramci: 8:22pm On Mar 08, 2013
musiwa10: another lies from the house of nairaland.. why would opc back goodluck.. when a yorubaman will run for 2015,if there is an election.. i hate when people post nonsense on the internet...

i dont not want to list goodluck crime against yoruba people on the internet.... yorubas will not vote for goodluck. even if there was an election in 2015 . yorubas will run against goodluck.. and yorubas will not support goodluck comes 2015.. they will have someone in place to run against him. not goodluck. but i doubt even if there is going to be an election , that may involve the western niger.. of nigeria.

Musiwa's-OPC

1 Like

Re: Oodua Peoples Congress, Ijaw National Congress Back Jonathan For Second Term by Nobody: 8:40pm On Mar 08, 2013
Must dey support a politician??
Re: Oodua Peoples Congress, Ijaw National Congress Back Jonathan For Second Term by jmaine: 8:50pm On Mar 08, 2013
Okay . . . . .
Re: Oodua Peoples Congress, Ijaw National Congress Back Jonathan For Second Term by koruji(m): 9:00pm On Mar 08, 2013
There is nothing like OPC-PDP. He didn't say he will vote for him, only affirming his right to run for a second term. Yorubas have always insisted on the rule of law and that includes the right to free and fair elections, and for qualified candidates to contest.

I just hope Fasehun is not so loud in supporting the Ijaw cause anymore. We were their strongest supporters over resource control only for Mr. Transformation to become an ingrate upon entering Aso Rock!

Afam4eva: There's OPC-PDP and OPC-OPC. OPC-PDP has spoken. let's hear from the real OPC. Oya, gani Adams over to you.
Re: Oodua Peoples Congress, Ijaw National Congress Back Jonathan For Second Term by talktimi(m): 10:21pm On Mar 08, 2013
Why Fasheun no go talk when he is angling for pipeline security contracts for his OPC goons in the south west. He fit don get the contract sef we no go know. Those calling out Gani Adams should realize that he is just an ordinary factional leader of the OPC who leads ordinary dane gun brandishing thugs. His words won't carry much weight.

Fasheun says GEJ has a constitutional right to contest the 2015 elections.
You all also have the constitutional right to vote for or against him so stop whining.
Re: Oodua Peoples Congress, Ijaw National Congress Back Jonathan For Second Term by bloggernaija: 8:16am On Mar 09, 2013
He has the right to contest.but he should still be voted out
Re: Oodua Peoples Congress, Ijaw National Congress Back Jonathan For Second Term by ijawcitizen(m): 10:43am On Mar 09, 2013
bloggernaija: He has the right to contest.but he should still be voted out
He has the constitutional right to contest AND he will (not must) be voted back to power.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really An Ijaw? / Please When Is Biafra Republic Going To Be Officially Declared ??? ;d / President Jonathan Unveils Locally Made Drone That Didn't Fly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.