Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,200 members, 7,953,741 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:17 AM

President Jonathan's Best Statement Ever. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan's Best Statement Ever. (1285 Views)

Jonathan Best Thing To Happen To Northern Nigeria Since Gowon – Labaran Maku / 2015: Apc’s Invitation Shows Jonathan’s Best Man For The Job – Presidency / 2015: Apc’s Invitation Shows Jonathan’s Best Man For The Job – Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Jonathan's Best Statement Ever. by hillsate: 12:51pm On Mar 09, 2013
Below is president GEJ's best and devoid-of-any-political-undertone statement ever.
He made the statement while reacting on Borno Elders forum call for withdrawal of JTF in Borno.
GEJ suddenly remembers he is C-IN-C.
I only wish he can muster enough courage to declare that on corruption.

[size=15pt]On the removal of JTF, Jonathan said, “If anyone of you (referring to Borno Elders) wants the Federal Government to withdraw JTF troops from the state, he should come and sign an agreement that if anybody is killed after signing the document, I will hold you responsible according to the law of the land; I assure you that before I go back to Abuja all the JTF troops will leave the state."[/size]

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Best Statement Ever. by omonnakoda: 12:55pm On Mar 09, 2013
Illiterate statement.Is such an agreement meaningful in law?

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Best Statement Ever. by Tolexander: 1:40pm On Mar 09, 2013
omonnakoda: Illiterate statement.Is such an agreement meaningful in law?
please try to respect the president of the nation. So far he made the statement doesn't mean you should abuse the president calling him illiterate. It would have been better if you had said irrational statement.
Re: President Jonathan's Best Statement Ever. by omonnakoda: 1:54pm On Mar 09, 2013
Tolexander: please try to respect the president of the nation. So far he made the statement doesn't mean you should abuse the president calling him illiterate. It would have been better if you had said irrational statement.
Learn English properly.
Did I call him illiterate

I guess you are using different Ids trying to grow your silly little thread with ridiculous arguments.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Best Statement Ever. by Obiora4life: 2:05pm On Mar 09, 2013
Wonderful statement, who wants to sign? grin grin

This was a cue for them to SHUT UP, LET ME DO MY WORK. grin

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Best Statement Ever. by Tolexander: 2:13pm On Mar 09, 2013
omonnakoda:
Learn English properly.
Did I call him illiterate

I guess you are using different Ids trying to grow your silly little thread with ridiculous arguments.

stop demonstrating your lack of basic knowledge. What is the meaning of illiterate statement?
Well, what does one expect from people like you!
Re: President Jonathan's Best Statement Ever. by koruji(m): 2:18pm On Mar 09, 2013
It is not the best statement.
It is an irresponsible statement.
This is not how the president that wants a united nation talks.
Especially after letting his own inaction worsen the situation.

hillsate: Below is president GEJ's best and devoid-of-any-political-undertone statement ever.
He made the statement while reacting on Borno Elders forum call for withdrawal of JTF in Borno.
GEJ suddenly remembers he is C-IN-C.
I only wish he can muster enough courage to declare that on corruption.

[size=15pt]On the removal of JTF, Jonathan said, “If anyone of you (referring to Borno Elders) wants the Federal Government to withdraw JTF troops from the state, he should come and sign an agreement that if anybody is killed after signing the document, I will hold you responsible according to the law of the land; I assure you that before I go back to Abuja all the JTF troops will leave the state."[/size]

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Best Statement Ever. by hillsate: 4:14pm On Mar 09, 2013
Guys, am not holding brief for the president. He has disappointed me severally in matters that he should have risen as the president. I am not his supporter.
But that does not mean that when he does something that seems plausible he should not be commended.

For guys that are calling this irresponsible or irrational statement, I bet you that you do not know the drama, the intrigues that surround Boko haram and the Borno elders. For Jonathan to summon up courage and give it to the elders in black and white is something that should be commended. The elders have been making a lot of noise about the withdrawal of JTF from Borno yet cannot guarantee that bombs will not go off. They are more concerned with the people that die as a result of JTF action but never bothered about the people that die from the havoc of boko haram. They have never for once condemned the actions of Boko Haram but are quick to talk about JTF action. They are even asking for amnesty for boko haram in support of Sultan of Sokoto.

Here is GEJ again
“[size=15pt]The Boko Haram insurgency is reducing gradually in states like Bauchi, Yobe, Adamawa, Gombe and Niger among others, but in Borno State the situation is increasing. It is unfortunate, and this is because you the elders refused to come out and condemn the activities of the sect who are your children. This is not a time to be playing to the gallery,” the President stated.[/size]

8 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Best Statement Ever. by Livinusc(m): 4:33pm On Mar 09, 2013
omonnakoda: Illiterate statement.Is such an agreement meaningful in law?
Go & hog transformer,ur type never appreciate any gud thing.
Re: President Jonathan's Best Statement Ever. by manmade(m): 5:31pm On Mar 09, 2013
hillsate: Guys, am not holding brief for the president. He has disappointed me severally in matters that he should have risen as the president. I am not his supporter.
But that does not mean that when he does something that seems plausible he should not be commended.

For guys that are calling this irresponsible or irrational statement, I bet you that you do not know the drama, the intrigues that surround Boko haram and the Borno elders. For Jonathan to summon up courage and give it to the elders in black and white is something that should be commended. The elders have been making a lot of noise about the withdrawal of JTF from Borno yet cannot guarantee that bombs will not go off. They are more concerned with the people that die as a result of JTF action but never bothered about the people that die from the havoc of boko haram. They have never for once condemned the actions of Boko Haram but are quick to talk about JTF action. They are even asking for amnesty for boko haram in support of Sultan of Sokoto.

Here is GEJ again
“[size=15pt]The Boko Haram insurgency is reducing gradually in states like Bauchi, Yobe, Adamawa, Gombe and Niger among others, but in Borno State the situation is increasing. It is unfortunate, and this is because you the elders refused to come out and condemn the activities of the sect who are your children. This is not a time to be playing to the gallery,” the President stated.[/size]

. With this type of brain, my dear brother, I believed u will go places.
Re: President Jonathan's Best Statement Ever. by koruji(m): 9:17pm On Mar 09, 2013
A president should make this kinds of statements indoors, when you have serious private talks with these elders.
The Borno elders are of course irresponsible for calling for the withdrawal of JTF forces.
As if Boko Haram told them they will leave Borno alone then.
But as the president you don't make similar irresponsible statements in return.
GEJ is fond of going from calling Boko Haram "our brothers" to this kind of statements.
Neither a sheepish nor a "bring-it-on" approach will work.

hillsate: Guys, am not holding brief for the president. He has disappointed me severally in matters that he should have risen as the president. I am not his supporter.

Here is GEJ again

Re: President Jonathan's Best Statement Ever. by Nobody: 11:05pm On Mar 09, 2013
Game of troy
Re: President Jonathan's Best Statement Ever. by dc555: 12:45am On Mar 10, 2013
Make them go sign naw.
Re: President Jonathan's Best Statement Ever. by Ngwakwe: 1:26am On Mar 10, 2013
Is like he want them to act as guarantors for their kinsmen "Bokoboys"

Boko Haram get Boko-girls?
Re: President Jonathan's Best Statement Ever. by Nobody: 4:01am On Mar 10, 2013
Its ehm...[size=14pt]"I had no shoes"[/size]
Re: President Jonathan's Best Statement Ever. by awodman: 4:28am On Mar 10, 2013
koruji: A president should make this kinds of statements indoors, when you have serious private talks with these elders.
The Borno elders are of course irresponsible for calling for the withdrawal of JTF forces.
As if Boko Haram told them they will leave Borno alone then.
But as the president you don't make similar irresponsible statements in return.
GEJ is fond of going from calling Boko Haram "our brothers" to this kind of statements.
Neither a sheepish nor a "bring-it-on" approach will work.

Learn to bow out honourably..especially in situations like this ωнεяε u have been beaten with superior argument...u are just attacking the action n statement just because its from your nightmare GEJ
Re: President Jonathan's Best Statement Ever. by koruji(m): 4:46am On Mar 10, 2013
What are you talking about? What arguments did you make?
Who is a nightmare to whom? I care about GEJ only so far as his actions affect our dear country.
GEJ is actually a power-monger, but power is very temporary
And there are no fail-safe systems anywhere in the world.
It calls for humility and not flippant talk from those who are supposed to be leaders.
What distinguishes true leaders is that their instincts, words and actions are beyond pedestrian.
A president cannot be replying pedestrian statements with pedestrian statements.
It is actually an opportunity to get these elders to do what he needs them to really be doing to fight Boko Haram.
I do agree in substance with GEJ's rejection of amnesty - it solves no problems.
But again GEJ cannot make a similar kind of request.
Suppose Borno elders call his bluff, and agree to sign an agreement.
Does GEJ really believe that this would end Boko Haram and would foolishly withdraw the JTF?
And if he withdrew the JT and Boko Haram continues, wfhat is he going to do then?
Arrest all Borno elders?

awodman:
Learn to bow out honourably..especially in situations like this ωнεяε u have been beaten with superior argument...u are just attacking the action n statement just because its from your nightmare GEJ
Re: President Jonathan's Best Statement Ever. by awodman: 4:54am On Mar 10, 2013
koruji: What are you talking about? What arguments did you make?
Who is a nightmare to whom? I care about GEJ only so far as his actions affect our dear country.
GEJ is actually a power-monger, but power is very temporary
And there are no fail-safe systems anywhere in the world.
It calls for humility and not flippant talk from those who are supposed to be leaders.
What distinguishes true leaders is that their instincts, words and actions are beyond pedestrian.
A president cannot be replying pedestrian statements with pedestrian statements.
It is actually an opportunity to get these elders to do what he needs them to really be doing to fight Boko Haram.
I do agree in substance with GEJ's rejection of amnesty - it solves no problems.
But again GEJ cannot make a similar kind of request.
Suppose Borno elders call his bluff, and agree to sign an agreement.
Does GEJ really believe that this would end Boko Haram and would foolishly withdraw the JTF?
And if he withdrew the JT and Boko Haram continues, wfhat is he going to do then?
Arrest all Borno elders?

Like I said learn to bow honourably...no sane analyst will find fault with what the president said in borno except u are a mischief maker...
Re: President Jonathan's Best Statement Ever. by koruji(m): 5:16am On Mar 10, 2013
Of course, he is your tin god.
He can never say wrong - let's see how it works out for him.

awodman:
Like I said learn to bow honourably...no sane analyst will find fault with what the president said in borno except u are a mischief maker...
Re: President Jonathan's Best Statement Ever. by tboycares: 9:35am On Mar 10, 2013
Nothing good comes out from Gun.....Rubbish talk.
Re: President Jonathan's Best Statement Ever. by Nobody: 1:10pm On Mar 10, 2013
I still dey laugh. But really, a man with a blunt cutlass; in the end, he will understand.
Re: President Jonathan's Best Statement Ever. by hillsate: 4:08pm On Mar 10, 2013
This borno elders are elders only in name. How can they claim to be elders and convince us that they do not know who the boko boys are?
How can they claim to be elders and cannot talk to their childen (boko boys) to stop the havoc?
Except of course they are the ones supporting, encouraging and nudging the boko boys on.
This tell you why the actions of JTF gets to them while that of the boko boys is not their business. JTF kills their boys (boko boys) while boko boys kill other people.

(1) (Reply)

See DPO Jumping Fence To Escape From Armed Robbers [pics] / 'bush Rats' / We Blow Up Pipelines For Repair Contracts. Pics/caps/movie.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.