Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,264 members, 7,818,894 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

Enyimba FC Fan Thread - The People's Elephant - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Enyimba FC Fan Thread - The People's Elephant (12507 Views)

MTFC Fan Thread (Mountain Top Football Club) / Pictures From The 2014 Nigeria Federation Cup Final Enyimba Fc 2 Vs Dolphin Fc 1 / Enugu Rangers Fan Thread - The Flying Antelopes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enyimba FC Fan Thread - The People's Elephant by Innunique: 5:07pm On Mar 12, 2013
obxddon: Abeg some body give us the latest gist about Eyimba...like

1.Who owns the club
2.Their base( Home)
3.The name of some if not all the technical crew
4.Names of the players with positions they play
5.Their position on the table

Picture go sweet tooo grin

Which kind question u self dey ask...abeg go check their website: every thing dey there and no come dey form anoda tin for here...
Re: Enyimba FC Fan Thread - The People's Elephant by Demdem(m): 5:47pm On Mar 12, 2013
Afam4eva: Nzogbu Nzogbu Enyimba Enyi...

Enyimba is my third Nigerian team after Enugu Rangers and Heartland of Owerri.

How come all ur teams are from one part of the country? Can't u just be nationalistic in ur views for once. Everything seems to be tailored towards ur igbo race. What's wrong with zamfara united or kano pillars? tongue
Re: Enyimba FC Fan Thread - The People's Elephant by Demdem(m): 5:50pm On Mar 12, 2013
CFCfan: Enyimba logo:

No wonder most enyimba supporters I know seems to associate with chelsea cc.
Re: Enyimba FC Fan Thread - The People's Elephant by Nobody: 6:18pm On Mar 12, 2013
Demdem:

No wonder most enyimba supporters I know seems to associate with chelsea cc.

They are both Blue teams, and good teams too. cool

1 Like

Re: Enyimba FC Fan Thread - The People's Elephant by timbros(m): 6:56pm On Mar 12, 2013
Wow! I love this!

As far as NPL is concerned, Enyimba FC all the way! The people's elephant!!

Reppin!

2 Likes

Re: Enyimba FC Fan Thread - The People's Elephant by azeeza(f): 7:02pm On Mar 12, 2013
I rep the people's elephant any day, any time...
Eze Promoe:
Enyimba has actually won the Nigerian league 6 times.
Re: Enyimba FC Fan Thread - The People's Elephant by Nwogbe: 7:03pm On Mar 12, 2013
The people s elephant all d way guy........
Re: Enyimba FC Fan Thread - The People's Elephant by timbros(m): 7:05pm On Mar 12, 2013
How I miss the good old times in Enyimba stadium...
Re: Enyimba FC Fan Thread - The People's Elephant by Nobody: 7:09pm On Mar 12, 2013
timbros: How I miss the good old times in Enyimba stadium...

It's still satnding grin

Anyway, I think the Abia State government and the team's sponsors can upgrade that stadium, or construct a new one at another site in Aba. The present stadium doesn't look too modern to me, and it currently has a 25,000 seater capacity.

The Enyimba stadium should have around 30,000-35,000 seating capacity, with a retractable roof.
Re: Enyimba FC Fan Thread - The People's Elephant by honeric01(m): 7:11pm On Mar 12, 2013
Re: Enyimba FC Fan Thread - The People's Elephant by Afam4eva(m): 7:25pm On Mar 12, 2013
Demdem:

How come all ur teams are from one part of the country? Can't u just be nationalistic in ur views for once. Everything seems to be tailored towards ur igbo race. What's wrong with zamfara united or kano pillars? tongue
I've never been to these places and i can relate with those teams. Like you said, all my teams are from a particular part of the country. if there was a team where i live in Agege, lagos, i'll definitely support them alongside Rangers but unfortunately, Lagos has no team.
Re: Enyimba FC Fan Thread - The People's Elephant by timbros(m): 7:32pm On Mar 12, 2013
CFCfan:

It's still satnding grin

Anyway, I think the Abia State government and the team's sponsors can upgrade that stadium, or construct a new one at another site in Aba. The present stadium doesn't look too modern to me, and it currently has a 25,000 seater capacity.

The Enyimba stadium should have around 30,000-35,000 seating capacity, with a retractable roof.

Aba is so congested that a stadium couldnt be built inside the city anymore. Even the present stadium cannot be expanded. The only area a new stadium can be erected is outskirts like Osisioma along Enugu/PH express or after Alaoji, heading to PH...
Re: Enyimba FC Fan Thread - The People's Elephant by Nobody: 7:33pm On Mar 12, 2013
timbros:

Aba is so congested that a stadium couldnt be built inside the city anymore. Even the present stadium cannot be expanded. The only area a new stadium can be erected is outskirts like Osisioma along Enugu/PH express or after Alaoji, heading to PH...

Okay. That's another option too. Osisioma sounds like a good place for a new stadium.
Re: Enyimba FC Fan Thread - The People's Elephant by pazienza(m): 7:46pm On Mar 12, 2013
Eze Promoe: Past Winners

1972 : Mighty Jets (Jos)
1973 : Bendel Insurance FC (Benin City)
1974 : Rangers International (Enugu)
1975 : Rangers International (Enugu)
1976 : Shooting Stars FC (Ibadan)
1977 : Rangers International (Enugu)
1978 : Racca Rovers (Kano)
1979 : Bendel Insurance FC (Benin City)
1980 : Shooting Stars FC (Ibadan)
1981 : Rangers International (Enugu)
1982 : Rangers International (Enugu)
1983 : Shooting Stars FC (Ibadan)
1984 : Rangers International (Enugu)
1985 : New Nigeria Bank (Benin City)
1986 : Leventis United (Ibadan)
1987 : Iwuanyanwu Nationale (Owerri)
1988 : Iwuanyanwu Nationale (Owerri)
1989 : Iwuanyanwu Nationale (Owerri)
1990 : Iwuanyanwu Nationale (Owerri)
1991 : Julius Berger (Lagos)
1992 : Stationery Stores (Lagos)
1993 : Iwuanyanwu Nationale (Owerri)
1994 : BCC Lions (Gboko)
1995 : Shooting Stars FC (Ibadan)
1996 : Udoji United (Awka)
1997 : Eagle Cement (Port Harcourt)
1998 : Shooting Stars FC (Ibadan)
1999 : Lobi Stars (Makurdi)
2000 : Julius Berger (Lagos)
2001 : Enyimba (Aba)
2002 : Enyimba (Aba)
2003 : Enyimba (Aba)
2004 : Dolphins FC (Port Harcourt)
2005 : Enyimba (Aba)
2006 : Ocean Boys FC (Brass)
2007 : Enyimba (Aba)
2008 : Kano Pillars F.C. (Kano)
2009 : Bayelsa United (Yenegoa)
2010 : Enyimba (Aba)
2011 : Dolphins F.C. (Port Harcourt)
2012 : Kano Pillars F.C.
2013 : ?

Good to know that SEastern teams had dominated nigerian local league. Rangers are sixtimes champions, enyimba six times champions too, iwuanyanwu five times, udoji once, that's a total of 18times. That's quite impressive, considering the fact that the tournament had held for 40years now,it means that southeastern teams had won it for almost half of those years,while the rest of the country had to share the remaining half.

Btw, Enugu rangers is my club,but i support enyimba and heartland too.

Does anyone really know what really happened to udoji fc. Why is it that my state(anambra) have no formidable team to boast of now?
Re: Enyimba FC Fan Thread - The People's Elephant by Afam4eva(m): 7:50pm On Mar 12, 2013
pazienza:

Good to know that SEastern teams had dominated nigerian local league. Rangers are sixtimes champions, enyimba six times champions too, iwuanyanwu five times, udoji once, that's a total of 18times. That's quite impressive, considering the fact that the tournament had held for 40years now,it means that southeastern teams had won it for almost half of those years,while the rest of the country had to share the remaining half.

Btw, Enugu rangers is my club,but i support enyimba and heartland too.

Does anyone really know what really happened to udoji fc. Why is it that my state(anambra) have no formidable team to boast of now?
Enugu Rangers Fan you're welcome. Go here https://www.nairaland.com/1219970/enugu-rangers-fan-thread-flying

Anambra used to have Gabros International of NNewi but right now they're in the second division. I hope they make it back. I see no reason why there shouldn't be a big club in the commercial city of Onitsha and in Awka plus Gabros in Nnewi making it 3 teams in Anambra. Our governors and business men should start thinking very far.
Re: Enyimba FC Fan Thread - The People's Elephant by EzePromoe: 9:11pm On Mar 12, 2013
Anambra has many clubs which are owned private but only 4 is recognised by the FA.
Udoji United (Awka): The only Anambra side to have won the league but was disbanded from participation in 2005 due to poor finance. The club is private owned.

Gabros FC (Nnewi): A club that was promoted to the league 7 months after it being founded, making it the fastest promoted club in the history of Nigerian football. Their best position in the table was 6th which they achieved in the year 2000. They're in Division 1B of the NNL.

Anambra United: A club originally founded by the old Anambra government in Abakaliki (which was part of Anambra state as at then) but was bought over to the New Anambra. The club is based in Onitsha. The club is currently in Division 1B of the NNL.

Anambra Pillars: I don't really know much about this club. But it's also a sister club to Anambra United, and share the same home ground with Anambra United.

1 Like

Re: Enyimba FC Fan Thread - The People's Elephant by honeric01(m): 9:30pm On Mar 12, 2013
Eze Promoe: Anambra has many clubs which are owned private but only 4 is recognised by the FA.
Udoji United (Awka): The only Anambra side to have won the league but was disbanded from participation in 2005 due to poor finance. The club is private owned.

Gabros FC (Nnewi): A club that was promoted to the league 7 months after it being founded, making it the fastest promoted club in the history of Nigerian football. Their best position in the table was 6th which they achieved in the year 2000. They're in Division 1B of the NNL.

Anambra United: A club originally founded by the old Anambra government in Abakaliki (which was part of Anambra state as at then) but was bought over to the New Anambra. The club is based in Onitsha. The club is currently in Division 1B of the NNL.

Anambra Pillars: I don't really know much about this club. But it's also a sister club to Anambra United, and share the same home ground with Anambra United.

Do all these clubs have their own turf/fans?
Re: Enyimba FC Fan Thread - The People's Elephant by Demdem(m): 10:47pm On Mar 12, 2013
Afam4eva:
I've never been to these places and i can relate with those teams. Like you said, all my teams are from a particular part of the country. if there was a team where i live in Agege, lagos, i'll definitely support them alongside Rangers but unfortunately, Lagos has no team.

U live in lagos and not those places u called. U should then relate with the closest one to u there. Shooting stars is nearby, gateway cc also. Why heartland or rangers who I doubt u know anything about.
Or is it because they are located at ur ancestral home?
Re: Enyimba FC Fan Thread - The People's Elephant by EzePromoe: 10:54pm On Mar 12, 2013
honeric01:

Do all these clubs have their own turf/fans?
They have but not that many. Many Anambrans support Rangers F.C. But Gabros have the highest fan base amongst other Anambra clubs, due to its appearances in the Premier League.
Despite Gabros having the highest number of fanbase, Rangers F.C still have more fans in Anambra than Gabros due to Rangers being the football club of the old Anambra state.
Re: Enyimba FC Fan Thread - The People's Elephant by EzePromoe: 10:57pm On Mar 12, 2013
Demdem:

U live in lagos and not those places u called. U should then relate with the closest one to u there. Shooting stars is nearby, gateway cc also. Why heartland or rangers who I doubt u know anything about.
You can't blame him. It depends on personal choice.
My father is a die hard Warri Wolves fan and have strong dislike for Insurance team and fans.

1 Like

Re: Enyimba FC Fan Thread - The People's Elephant by Nobody: 11:06pm On Mar 12, 2013
Born and Bred in ABA - Enyimba is to Me what New York is to 50cent and thats a Fact!

Too bad we Started on a Losing note, slumping to a One nil loss at Rangers, but with 37 games still ahead, who said we wont be Jubilating with a Dubic beer at hand by Season's End? grin

Cfcfan, U need to tell me u're from Aba - I wont forgive myself not to have accorded u the Onye Nna Respect all this while.

And Plz, for myself and all other Yorkites who'd be gracing this thread time to time, we do plea for a Columbia Stand here - The Smoke need to Visit the Sky grin

Up Enyimba!

2 Likes

Re: Enyimba FC Fan Thread - The People's Elephant by Nobody: 11:13pm On Mar 12, 2013
columbia stand for enyimba stadium..na were the fun dey..smoke and watch football
Re: Enyimba FC Fan Thread - The People's Elephant by Nobody: 11:24pm On Mar 12, 2013
soloreal: columbia stand for enyimba stadium..na were the fun dey..smoke and watch football

Nwanne Ur head dey for ground wink

European Clubs fans does that during Winter seasons, ours na for hot Sun grin

1 Like

Re: Enyimba FC Fan Thread - The People's Elephant by Nobody: 11:29pm On Mar 12, 2013
@ El Guapo: I'm from Anambra State. My state has no team in the premier league. undecided
Re: Enyimba FC Fan Thread - The People's Elephant by honeric01(m): 11:42pm On Mar 12, 2013
Eze Promoe:
They have but not that many. Many Anambrans support Rangers F.C. But Gabros have the highest fan base amongst other Anambra clubs, due to its appearances in the Premier League.
Despite Gabros having the highest number of fanbase, Rangers F.C still have more fans in Anambra than Gabros due to Rangers being the football club of the old Anambra state.

Ok bro.
Re: Enyimba FC Fan Thread - The People's Elephant by Nobody: 1:32am On Mar 13, 2013
CFCfan: @ El Guapo: I'm from Anambra State. My state has no team in the premier league. undecided

Well, its still part of the Setup.
Re: Enyimba FC Fan Thread - The People's Elephant by ril19(m): 4:41am On Mar 13, 2013
enyimba FC can proudly boast of the highest fan-base in the Nigerian league. Closely following Enyimba in this area is Kano pillars. This i can tell u authoritatively. I like enyimba, but i think i have more appeal for rangers. smiley
Re: Enyimba FC Fan Thread - The People's Elephant by Afam4eva(m): 10:28am On Mar 13, 2013
Demdem:

See me see wahala oo. I'm from Enugu and my grandfather and father supported Enugu Rangers and i've also been supporting them since i knew about them. I also have a soft spot for Heartland and support them when i'm not supporting Rangers. As for Enyimba i support them for the same reason most people started supporting them. There's no team anywhere in lagos and how does 3sc and gateway concern Lagos? is Lagos, Ibadan and Abeokuta the same thing? I only have a soft spot and pity for 3sc especially when they were relegated.
Re: Enyimba FC Fan Thread - The People's Elephant by Demdem(m): 10:47am On Mar 13, 2013
Afam4eva:
See me see wahala oo. I'm from Enugu and my grandfather and father supported Enugu Rangers and i've also been supporting them since i knew about them. I also have a soft spot for Heartland and support them when i'm not supporting Rangers. As for Enyimba i support them for the same reason most people started supporting them. There's no team anywhere in lagos and how does 3sc and gateway concern Lagos? is Lagos, Ibadan and Abeokuta the same thing? I only have a soft spot and pity for 3sc especially when they were relegated.

I didn't say those teams are in lagos, what I said was closest to u. I had the intention the intention to prove to all again about ur igbotic tendencies that transcends ur entire being but will let it go now.
Let supporters of the people's elephants enjoy their thread.
Re: Enyimba FC Fan Thread - The People's Elephant by inagold(m): 11:38am On Mar 13, 2013
de elephant shal rise again.....no enyimba no african futbal
Re: Enyimba FC Fan Thread - The People's Elephant by Afam4eva(m): 11:42am On Mar 13, 2013
Demdem:

I didn't say those teams are in lagos, what I said was closest to u. I had the intention the intention to prove to all again about ur igbotic tendencies that transcends ur entire being but will let it go now.
Let supporters of the people's elephants enjoy their thread.
I can't remember ever denying being Igbotic in my view. The only thing you will accuse me of that i won't accept is being tribalistic.
Re: Enyimba FC Fan Thread - The People's Elephant by Amoscp: 12:24pm On Mar 13, 2013
I am a triparte supporter of Enyimba, Heartland and Rangers with the Elephants at the tip.
I miss the Jos trio of Mighty Jets, JUTH FC, Plateau Raiders.
I also miss Julius Berger.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Japan Vs Costa Rica: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022: (0 - 1) On 27 Nov 2022 / Some Clubs Owe 1.8 Billion Euros - PSG President / Emenike Named Among Top 100 World Footballers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.