Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,892 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:19 AM

Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! (16420 Views)

In Maiduguri, E-Kanemi Warriors Hosted Shooting Stars FC / Shooting Stars Tweet About Maiduguri; Funny Or Inappropriate? / Moses Ogaga Is Dead (Shooting Stars Striker) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by hakunamatata1: 5:39am On Mar 11, 2013
up sooting!.....abeg let me know when tthey go continental again.
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by kabiyesiii(m): 5:53am On Mar 11, 2013
What of Baba Ẹlẹran? How can someone talk of the Shooting Stars FC without not mentioning his name? Haha! Haba!

4 Likes

Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by Nobody: 5:54am On Mar 11, 2013
kabiyesiii: What of Baba Ẹlẹran? How can someone talk of the Shooting Stars FC without not mentioning his name? Haha! Haba!

Who is that, please?
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by JimmyBoy1: 5:57am On Mar 11, 2013
SHooting ias my darling club anyday, I used to go to stidaium in the nineties, but I had to withdraw in recent years due to poor management which lead to poor perforances.
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by kabiyesiii(m): 6:00am On Mar 11, 2013
CFCfan:

Who is that, please?

Growing up in naija, the old man was the #1 fan of the club.

1 Like

Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by Nwaoguta(m): 6:09am On Mar 11, 2013
Up shootless stars, only one win una d make noise, Noise makers.
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by Afam4eva(m): 6:20am On Mar 11, 2013
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by 4peace(m): 6:21am On Mar 11, 2013
Afam4eva: We need to support the clubs with a huge history behind them. Shooting Stars has come a long way. I'm happy they're back to the first division after been relegated a few years back.

they were back two to three seasons ago
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by Afam4eva(m): 6:26am On Mar 11, 2013
4peace:

they were back two to three seasons ago
Yeah, I know.

I wonder what Insurance of Benin is still doing in the lower division. They should come back asap.
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by Nobody: 6:32am On Mar 11, 2013
Up sutin, I was in the stadium when they beat Gombe United 2-0 on saturday.
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by fyneguy: 6:33am On Mar 11, 2013
UP SOOTINGGGGGGGGGGGGG stars ooooooooo

Yeah I'm in total support.

I'm going to recommend online streaming to one of their officials, so that the fans can follow closely.

Souvenirs should also be made available.
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by fyneguy: 6:35am On Mar 11, 2013
adisa_segun: Up sutin, I was in the stadium when they beat Gombe United 2-0 on saturday.

Was the stadium filled up?

Quality of play?

Any pix?
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by Slankey: 6:40am On Mar 11, 2013
CFCfan:

Alright, your idea is noted. Here is their current squad below:

Goalkeepers: Dele Ajiboye, Laide Okanlawon.

Defenders: Yomi Adigun, Olayiwola Oyeleke, Ahmed Adesope, Olamakinde Talab, Lateef Adigun Olamide, feez Awakan, Ahehu Jimon, Diran Oyelade, Adesola Adeboye, Alaba Balogun, Babalola Ibrahim, David Amanyi.

Midfielders: Agogu Ebitimi, Ajiboye Michael, Tare Oke, Robert Edynoke, Haruna Musa K. Lawrence, Ayo Babalola, Gabriel Adikwu, Philip Asuquo

Forwards: Segun Akinyemi, Emmanuel Daniel, Moses Ogaga, Tony Ejomarigwe, Jonathan Onyebuchi, Rafael Musa, Osagona Ighodaro, Aaron Samuel

The Chief Coach is Festus Allen, while Mutiu Adepoju serves as the Technical Director.

[/b]Please where did you get this copy and paste? I am not even sure you follow the team. People please disregard this list. Festus Allen was fired early last season and Adepoju had his contract to renewed as well. Will update you all with the current list. This is an old list pls[b]
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by jude33084(m): 6:45am On Mar 11, 2013
dayokanu: Up Sooting

I am a fan of Sooting Stars but no longer follow them religiously

Kano pilars all the way cool

1 Like

Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by Slankey: 6:45am On Mar 11, 2013
Meet Shooting stars players for the 2012/2013 season.....click on like, put down your comment, and wish these players well as they prepare for the 2013 season.

Shooting stars players for 2012/2013

Goalkeepers:

1) Dele Ajiboye
2) Laide Okanlawon
3) Abiodun Akande
4) Richard Ocheyi

Defenders:
5) Yomi Adigun
6) Adigun Lateef
7) David Amanyi
8. Olabisi Samuel
9) Charles Etuwe
10) Seun Akinyemi
11) Sylvanus Ebiaku
12) Tare Oke
13) Mutiu Adegoke
14) Diran Oyelade
15) Chima Akas

.Midfielders:
16) Sola Adeboye
17) Ibrahim Babalola
18) Sanni Mohammed
19) Adewale Ibrahim
20) Musa Raphael
21) Afolabi Okiki
22) Tony Edjomariegwe
23) Philip Asuquo
24) Talabi Olumakinde
25) Azeez Sobowale
26) Taofeek Adepoju

Strikers:
27) Gbolahan Salami
28) Morenikeji Akanbi
29) Osagona Ighadaro
30) Gabriel Adikwu
31) Jacob Eke
32) Thomas Adesina
33) Ismail Gata
34) Moses Ogaga
35)
*Standby*
1) Idris Arowolo
2) Yomi Akinsade
3) Saheed Anifowose
4) Salisu Mohammed

Coach: Babatunde Odubola

1 Like

Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by Nobody: 6:47am On Mar 11, 2013
Slankey:

[/b]Please where did you get this copy and paste? I am not even sure you follow the team. People please disregard this list. Festus Allen was fired early last season and Adepoju had his contract to renewed as well. Will update you all with the current list. This is an old list pls[b]

Oops, I got from Wikipedia. Thanks though, for your update cool
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by Slankey: 6:48am On Mar 11, 2013
adisa_segun: Up sutin, I was in the stadium when they beat Gombe United 2-0 on saturday.

Are you sure you were there? The match was played 4pm Sunday (yesterday), not even up to 24 hours...lol
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by Nobody: 6:49am On Mar 11, 2013
Slankey:

Are you sure you were there? The match was played 4pm Sunday (yesterday), not even up to 24 hours...lol
grin grin
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by Slankey: 6:49am On Mar 11, 2013
CFCfan:

Oops, I got from Wikipedia. Thanks though, for your update cool

No problems CFCfan, a good initiative still. Kudos.! Am an ardent 3SC fan as well. We can work hand in hand.
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by W3xy1(m): 6:54am On Mar 11, 2013
Up oluyole warriors. Up shooting stars
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by Slankey: 6:54am On Mar 11, 2013
kabiyesiii: What of Baba Ẹlẹran? How can someone talk of the Shooting Stars FC without not mentioning his name? Haha! Haba!

I remember Bba Eleran well. I can authoritatively tell that aside the coaching crew, the medics, the security men and police, the press and journalists, the ball boys; it was ONLY Baba Eleran that was allowed to watch the match from the pitch side. An ardent supporter of Shooting he was. He was the number fan in his time. Right now, we have Mama Shooting. He's being accorded the same respect and rights given to Baba Eleran in his time. Mama Shooting can die because of 3SC,

3 Likes

Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by Nobody: 6:56am On Mar 11, 2013
eyin 3SC, Adewale bridge boys ni oko yin.
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by Nobody: 6:58am On Mar 11, 2013
Slankey:

I remember Bba Eleran well. I can authoritatively tell that aside the coaching crew, the medics, the security men and police, the press and journalists, the ball boys; it was ONLY Baba Eleran that was allowed to watch the match from the pitch side. An ardent supporter of Shooting he was. He was the number fan in his time. Right now, we have Mama Shooting. He's being accorded the same respect and rights given to Baba Eleran in his time. Mama Shooting can die because of 3SC,

That's good to know. It just shows that with a little bit more marketing, the NPFL can be the most watched African domestic league; just as Nollywood and Naija music are currently making waves in the continent.

4 Likes

Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by Nobody: 6:59am On Mar 11, 2013
Seun.A.Plonker:

I'm not for mediocrity, and so I will not support mediocrity. I will gladly watch NPL once it is properly developed.

What rubbish are you saying. The EPL that we watch today, didn't it have VERY humble beginnings. Watch old matches of EPL and see where they started from.

1 Like

Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by Nobody: 7:01am On Mar 11, 2013
cool cool

3 Likes

Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by W3xy1(m): 7:01am On Mar 11, 2013
Afam4eva: Enugu Rangers Fan Thread https://www.nairaland.com/1219970/enugu-rangers-fan-thread-flying
I beg park well. Shine your eyes na. Ki lon se o gan na
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by Slankey: 7:03am On Mar 11, 2013
3SC player Osagona Ighodalor celebrates his goal vs Gombe Utd, team mates Gbolahan Salami and Tony Edjomarigwe also celebrates

3 Likes

Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by Slankey: 7:04am On Mar 11, 2013
saxywale: eyin 3SC, Adewale bridge boys ni oko yin.

Park well! Which league do you play in?
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by seguno2: 7:04am On Mar 11, 2013
I'm not a great fan of football generally but growing up in Ibadan I naturally followed 3SC and for some time ate regularly at the canteen (aka buka) at their club house in Jericho.
Good to support and contibute to reviving our national home clubs rather than the neo-colonialism of giving our money and energy yet again to European clubs.
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by Nobody: 7:14am On Mar 11, 2013
Slankey:

Park well! Which league do you play in?
no be your fault.na condition wey make crayfish bend. tongue
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by Slankey: 7:16am On Mar 11, 2013
saxywale:
no be your fault.na condition wey make crayfish bend. tongue

Hahahaha.. I hereby induct you to the fans club of Shooting Stars Sports Club (3SC), Ibadan. Your customised jersey will be ready in 24 hours tongue

1 Like

Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by PastorKun(m): 7:19am On Mar 11, 2013
Really happy to see this thread and I would be following it as a passionate sooting supporter from my early years in Ibadan. Also I would to see fellow Nigerians support our local league the way we support european football clubs, let's join hands together and develop our local league.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Barcelona And PSG Meet To Discuss Neymar Deal / Leo Messi Is First Footballer To Be Crowned Time Magazine's 'Athlete Of The Year / Peseiro To NFF: Pay Me, Don’t Teach Me My Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.