Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,073 members, 7,821,695 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! (16424 Views)

In Maiduguri, E-Kanemi Warriors Hosted Shooting Stars FC / Shooting Stars Tweet About Maiduguri; Funny Or Inappropriate? / Moses Ogaga Is Dead (Shooting Stars Striker) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by Daraplato(m): 7:23am On Mar 11, 2013
I like this club. They won yesterday, I think they're back from their deathly sleep.
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by Nobody: 7:24am On Mar 11, 2013
dayokanu: Up Sooting

I am a fan of Sooting Stars but no longer follow them religiously

Pls why do people call them ..sooting..instead of shooting stars?.i saw sooting/sutin and thought it was mistakes till i noticed lot of people spelling same(sooting).
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by Nobody: 7:28am On Mar 11, 2013
gbosaa:

Pls why do people call them ..sooting..instead of shooting stars?.i saw sooting/sutin and thought it was mistakes till i noticed lot of people spelling same(sooting).

I guess it's their nickname for the club; just as some people call Chelsea FC 'Chelski' or 'shekpe'.
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by Slankey: 7:30am On Mar 11, 2013
gbosaa:

It's the way the Ibadan people pronounce Shooting 'sootin' in their Ibadan parlance. That's why everyone calls or adopts it when they want to really feel or sound like the core sootin supporters. The club is an Institution, and known all over the world

5 Likes

Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by seguun(m): 7:52am On Mar 11, 2013
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by 76fa: 7:54am On Mar 11, 2013
I love shooting stars!!!
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by Nobody: 8:10am On Mar 11, 2013
Slankey:

It's the way the Ibadan people pronounce Shooting 'sootin' in their Ibadan parlance. That's why everyone calls or adopts it when they want to really feel or sound like the core sootin supporters. The club is an Institution, and known all over the world

Thanks.
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by kevoh(m): 8:11am On Mar 11, 2013
You guys don't know what you have started here and in the other Enugu rangers thread. I know Nairaland is a very good platform for publicity if this charisma and zeal to support our local clubs are sustained for the next two years on Nairaland, I bet you Nigeria premier league will amass so many support from different sponsors and millions of fans alike.

2 Likes

Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by Nsq(m): 8:17am On Mar 11, 2013
Up Sootin! Another sootin is a counterfeit.

1 Like

Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by Nobody: 8:19am On Mar 11, 2013
kevoh: You guys don't know what you have started here and in the other Enugu rangers thread. I know Nairaland is a very goog platform for publicity if this charisma and zeal to support our local clubs are sustained for the next two years on Nairaland, I bet you Nigeria premier league will amass so many support from different sponsors and millions of fans alike.

I pray for better administration and management from nff and the npl clubs,wider coverage of the matches.

I think it should be mandatory for all the clubs to have websites and sourvenir shops as well.
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by Dawdy(m): 8:21am On Mar 11, 2013
Up shooting Up stars
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by akinalabi(m): 8:22am On Mar 11, 2013
Up sooting. I'm a lifelong fan.
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by Theben(m): 8:27am On Mar 11, 2013
You don't have to struggle to watch NPL all in the name of promoting the league. EPL is widely followed cos of the fun, the atmosphere, and the quality of play. This cannot be said of the NPL.

To tell you how boring NPL is, one tend to dose off 5 minutes into the game. So, of what use will it be imposing what you don't enjoy on yourself?
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by akinalabi(m): 8:28am On Mar 11, 2013
gbosaa:

It has to do with the Ibadan accent. Core, uneducated people in Ibadan cannot pronounce "sh". If we want to say "shoe" we say "soo". If we want to say "shell" we say "sell".

So shooting becomes sooting. So even if you know the real pronunciation, you can't help but identify with the core fans of decades ago.
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by SamAfrik(m): 9:43am On Mar 11, 2013
first, govt (football administrators) shd manage the league well inorder to attract fans...then sponsors so that we can have enough money to run the clubs.
Up Sooting! unfortunately baba eleran died some years back. It was well publicized in d local media. I tink he was the one who composed the popular song - "balu balu ni tafin o , Zamalek o riran osan o, balu balu ni tafin o". Interestingly, Zamalek wiped their bottom despite their (3SC) jazz in d continental competition back in d 80s hahahaha.
I never attended a match then but you always feel the vibe. The good old days can come back.
UP UP SOOTING!!!

1 Like

Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by Afam4eva(m): 9:46am On Mar 11, 2013
Theben: You don't have to struggle to watch NPL all in the name of promoting the league. EPL is widely followed cos of the fun, the atmosphere, and the quality of play. This cannot be said of the NPL.

To tell you how boring NPL is, one tend to dose off 5 minutes into the game. So, of what use will it be imposing what you don't enjoy on yourself?
Abeg, park well jor. Leave matter for mathias.
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by Nobody: 10:15am On Mar 11, 2013
UP Sunshine Stars...OMG!! am on the wrong thread... *look front and back, see NURTW and olokadaNATIONAL coming, PICK RACE*
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by gbokukueba(m): 11:03am On Mar 11, 2013
I have always admired 3SC for a very long time i read online last week the comments from Oyo state commissioner of sports to the players very childish and amateurish...
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by RedReact: 11:03am On Mar 11, 2013
Ejoor o; I no wan carry lasti o.
Wey my registeration card as a fan? Shey my own na ceiling fan or standing or table?
Abegi o, register me sarp sarp grin

1 Like

Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by proudlysports: 11:49am On Mar 11, 2013
Official website of Shooting Stars

http://www.shootingstarssc.net/

1 Like

Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by deols(f): 11:54am On Mar 11, 2013
gbokukueba: I have always admired 3SC for a very long time i read online last week the comments from Oyo state commissioner of sports to the players very childish and amateurish...

I'd like to read that

he is a boy though. not unexpected
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by Toppiano(m): 12:02pm On Mar 11, 2013
Gbogbo sutin ibe...oya grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Niso nibe... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by Trachea: 12:24pm On Mar 11, 2013
Growing up in Ibadan in the nineties, you cannot but support the shooting stars. Anytime there is a match, the atmosphere in ibadan is always electric. especially around the stadium. Thanks to the op for this thread. Am going to follow this thread seriously. Pls do anybody know where i can get authentic 3sc jerseys to buy. Up Up Up ssssooooootiiiiiinnnng. Won ni were.

2 Likes

Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by RedReact: 12:33pm On Mar 11, 2013
deols:

I'd like to read that

he is a boy though. not unexpected
I don't know whether it's this
www.shootingstarssc.net/page22.html or not.
I really want to read what he said before I gba loro for hia; but nevertheless, he is an amateur sha.

OP or Modireto, ejoor, the name na Oluyole o and not Oluwole.
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by RedLight1: 1:35pm On Mar 11, 2013
okay AM IN cool cool cool
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by superstar1(m): 1:36pm On Mar 11, 2013
please how can i buy 3SC jersey
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by akinalabi(m): 1:38pm On Mar 11, 2013
Trachea: Growing up in Ibadan in the nineties, you cannot but support the shooting stars. Anytime there is a match, the atmosphere in ibadan is always electric. especially around the stadium. Thanks to the op for this thread. Am going to follow this thread seriously. Pls do anybody know where i can get authentic 3sc jerseys to buy. Up Up Up ssssooooootiiiiiinnnng. Won ni were.

The nineties was fantastic. We won the maiden edition of CAF cup in 1992 in Felix Owolabi's last season. We were unfortunate not to win the Champions Cup in 1996 losing on penalties to our nemesis, Zamalek.

You are right about the atmosphere. You no go find bus for Saturday afternoon if sootin dey home.
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by RedLight1: 1:51pm On Mar 11, 2013
Nwa oguta: Up shootless stars, only one win una d make noise, Noise makers.
shut up there and face front grin grin
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by Nobody: 1:52pm On Mar 11, 2013
Up sotteee!!! I remember my secondary school days in late eighties/early nineties those of us at the back usually support one NPL team or the other. In those years we have Rangers International, Ranchers Bees, Flaming Flamingoes, Ijesha United(Formerly IBL)
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by PastorKun(m): 1:56pm On Mar 11, 2013
SamAfrik: first, govt (football administrators) shd manage the league well inorder to attract fans...then sponsors so that we can have enough money to run the clubs.
Up Sooting! unfortunately baba eleran died some years back. It was well publicized in d local media. I tink he was the one who composed the popular song - "balu balu ni tafin o , Zamalek o riran osan o, balu balu ni tafin o". Interestingly, Zamalek wiped their bottom despite their (3SC) jazz in d continental competition back in d 80s hahahaha.
I never attended a match then but you always feel the vibe. The good old days can come back.
UP UP SOOTING!!!

I remember that final with nostalgia; it was very painful and I was depressed for days. To make matters worse the stupid military administrator we had then decided to dis band the team for failing to win the cup. That marked the decline of my darling team. Since then 3sc is yet to return to it's glory days of being amongst the best league teams.
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by RedLight1: 2:01pm On Mar 11, 2013
Nsq: Up Sootin! Another sootin is a counterfeit.
gbammmmmmmmmm grin grin grin
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by saamebaba23: 2:04pm On Mar 11, 2013
Up sootin...up dubic

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Peseiro To NFF: Pay Me, Don’t Teach Me My Job / Arsenal Reach Agreement With Real Madrid To Sign Martin Odegaard On Loan / Leo Messi Is First Footballer To Be Crowned Time Magazine's 'Athlete Of The Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.