Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,001 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

Foreigners Own 80% Of Oil Blocks Not Northerners - Femi Falana - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreigners Own 80% Of Oil Blocks Not Northerners - Femi Falana (16292 Views)

We’re Not Northerners- Middle-belt Youths / Boko Haram: Insurgents Not Northerners —NEF / We’re Not Northerners- Middle-belt Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Foreigners Own 80% Of Oil Blocks Not Northerners - Femi Falana by barikay: 1:08pm On Mar 11, 2013
The senator provided outdated documents yet the law man did not provide the correct documents. His own documents was that he has a case in th court: rubbish until he provide the correct documents base on each state
Re: Foreigners Own 80% Of Oil Blocks Not Northerners - Femi Falana by 4kmukina: 1:17pm On Mar 11, 2013
The usual a55 lickers have been trying ever since Senator Enang exposure to defend their aboki master. What a dunce and an irrelevant post from a mad dog dat has been trying to remain relevant ever since he was booted out of office. Who is Femi FaLIAR?

2 Likes

Re: Foreigners Own 80% Of Oil Blocks Not Northerners - Femi Falana by blaqoracle: 1:19pm On Mar 11, 2013
FreeGlobe:
Slavery. They have to always defend their masters or the lose ogun or oyo like they did kogi and Kwara. don't forget they have also dashed the 2015 presidency back to their Hausa slave masters.
THEN YOU ARE THE SLAVE OF SLAVES

1 Like

Re: Foreigners Own 80% Of Oil Blocks Not Northerners - Femi Falana by WilyWily6: 1:23pm On Mar 11, 2013
4kmukina: Who is Femi FaLIAR?
He is a Yoruba,
Yorubas are no body in Nigeria without Hausa/Fulani North.
99.9999% Yorubas believed that without North they will all die of Hunger.

2 Likes

Re: Foreigners Own 80% Of Oil Blocks Not Northerners - Femi Falana by tunapawizzy: 1:45pm On Mar 11, 2013
Wily/Wily:

He is a Yoruba,
Yorubas are no body in Nigeria without Hausa/Fulani North.
99.9999% Yorubas believed that without North they will all die of Hunger.
I am a Yoruba man and a proud exception to this statistics, i think that 99.9999% is exaggerated, however i believe a lot of my kinsmen make dis ur claim not too far from d truth
Re: Foreigners Own 80% Of Oil Blocks Not Northerners - Femi Falana by WilyWily6: 1:46pm On Mar 11, 2013
you seeee
Re: Foreigners Own 80% Of Oil Blocks Not Northerners - Femi Falana by omenka(m): 1:49pm On Mar 11, 2013
kbdrim:
The point is senator Enang was just been mischievous with his statement knowing Nigerians are ever willing to swallow hook line and sinker anything that maligns the North

Overly on point!!
The 'north' is now Nigerians' prefered bogeyman.

In saner climes Enang wouldave been licking self inflicted wounds from making such irresponsible, inciting and misleading statement.

Thank God for the life of Falana. We would forever be grateful for your selfless efforts to ensuring our society bears some semblance to sanity just like the Great Gani did.

Nigeria will rise again someday soon I hope.

1 Like

Re: Foreigners Own 80% Of Oil Blocks Not Northerners - Femi Falana by Nobody: 1:50pm On Mar 11, 2013
Nigerians!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SACK ALL OIL COMPANIES NOW UNTIL NIGERIA IS ABLE TO HAVE A CONSTITUTION CHANGE!

THEY ARE ROBBING US BLIND!
Re: Foreigners Own 80% Of Oil Blocks Not Northerners - Femi Falana by Nobody: 2:00pm On Mar 11, 2013
babaolofin: Naija,

I disagreed with the information released by the Lawyer. Those who are in the oil business know what is happening. There is a different between Oil majors Joint venture partners operating under different types of contracts/licenses and those Nigerians that are fronting for foreign partners or those that are favoured by government with oil blocs. While an individual with interest in oil bloc can sell his interest and make million of dollars as revenue, the same cannot be said of those oil majors as the money goes into the parent company. Those oil majors have technical expertise of oil business spanning continents. Those individuals with oil blocs only need connection with the power in control of government.

We are talking of Nigerians with oil blocks, the size & quality of the oil block and estimated bpd. Let us mention their names and see how many Niger Deltans are having oil block. They are extremely few. By bringing the name of oil majors is to confuse the discussion. we should be wise.

God bless u my brother,
Re: Foreigners Own 80% Of Oil Blocks Not Northerners - Femi Falana by kabaka1: 2:15pm On Mar 11, 2013
huni_naija: But why does this government feel the need to lie to about every single thing they do? Don't Nigerian's deserve to know the truth?? or do they think they can keep us in darkness forever??

They need to release an up to date list showing we the Nigerian people, the "multi-national" corporations, that own a majority share of the oil blocks? These people are blood sucking retards and deserve all the evil that is coming to them!

The govt keeps us in the dark about these oil block allocation because some people in give r getting wealthier daily by keeping us in the dark. U don't blame them as that's how d system is been setup to favor n enrich some group of people in govt. That's why u see some people who would want to be involved in politics 4 the rest of their lives cos they understand how d system is setup and know where these free oil money comes from.

One solution is to root out some oldies who keep meddling with n control naija's politics
Re: Foreigners Own 80% Of Oil Blocks Not Northerners - Femi Falana by bucho(m): 2:19pm On Mar 11, 2013
[quote author=chingyjant][b]I respect Falana a lot infact i have in the past had a one on one chat with him during a Political programme a couple of years back in Abuja but on this one i still don't agree with him.Senator Ita Enang was able to list names but Falana is being stingy with the names.If Falana cannot list the Foreign firms that owns these oil blocks then he should shut the fuc.k up.I believe he is being used.The little knowledge i have about the oil blocks in Nigeria before last week revelation is that most Northerners were allocated the oil blocks and so many of them sold their license to foreign oil companies.A good example is Gen.TY Danjuma who sold his own a couple of years back and we all know he is a northerner.This means the Senator is in line with the truth but Falana is speaking on the premise of foreign firms presently owning these oil blocks after buying it from the Northerners.The disgruntled Lawyer is playing politics with this important issue which is very vital to the whole nation at large.Infact the President should revoke all the license and nationalise it and keep it in trust for the masses just as the late President Hugo Chavez of Venezuela did.Today they own the largest oil reserve in the world.Why can't Nigeria copy good things instead they are always found in the corridor of
evil.

Thank you my brother.You just said it all.Tired of reading posts from these HALFWITS on NL.
***goes back to work***.

1 Like

Re: Foreigners Own 80% Of Oil Blocks Not Northerners - Femi Falana by Iykeponti(m): 2:22pm On Mar 11, 2013
Toaskarity: Ok, The fact is that the senator gave a list and backed it up, everyother person just running around the bush inthe name of one nigeria. This senator is representing somewhere and im so happy he is doing his job atleast fighting to see that what belongs to them are theirs! We all know nigeria is corrupt and we alk know the rich are wicked but I would rather have my brother steal my dad money than my neighbour! That oil is their muther... fu..cking oil for godsake! Why will igbos, yorubas or hausas whosoever in nigeria be sharing it as if na them own! I mean ppl from ND shld be owners of the 90% of the oil blocks then talk about others! Common guys you always see yorubas talk about their own, igbos their own , hausa their own so why the f..uck wont they talk about their . Infact that 13% they getting to me is marginalization and wickedness to them! Dont ask me what they have done with it afterall what have the rest of the country done with the rest 87%.. al nigeria is still alive today because of that region! Its what keeping the country going!! Im beinning to like ppl from ND, I remember in onitsha as a kid, they always fight each other in delta state but not anymore they now realize nigeria has been ra...ping them from behind and they standing up against it now!!
WELL YOU NAIJA DELTERS PREFER TO DEAL WIT NORTHERNERS INSTEAD OF UR NEIGHBOURING BROTHERS...., UNA NEVER SEE ANYTHING YET tongue tongue NO BE AWUSA FULANI MAN DEY GIVE UNA AMNESTY FOR D OIL WEY DEY FOR UNA PAPA LAND. NDI-ARA!
Re: Foreigners Own 80% Of Oil Blocks Not Northerners - Femi Falana by kbdrim(m): 2:22pm On Mar 11, 2013
^^^^^^^^
Ibru, Igbinedion, Dan Etete (SS)
Abiola, Folawiyo, Adenuga (SW)
Mai Deribe(NE
Danjuma (NE Abi Middlebelt)
Udoji (SE)
Ado Bayero (NW)
How has the north more wells from the list given by Senator Enang and Akinosho
All these were Given during the Military Era. We have also heard ''rumours'' that Emeka Offor and orji Uzor Kalu all own Oil wells. Let us also know who were those given Oil wells under OBJ, Yaradua and GEJ
T Y DANJUMA is more of a middlebelter considering he is alwaiys in the forefront of middlebelt emancipation. For the sake of this argument. Many people would want to see him as a northerner which isn't true in the true sense of it
Re: Foreigners Own 80% Of Oil Blocks Not Northerners - Femi Falana by Dee60: 2:27pm On Mar 11, 2013
"Nigerian' foreigners you mean? As in faceless 'foreign compaonies' fronting for Nigerians.
Re: Foreigners Own 80% Of Oil Blocks Not Northerners - Femi Falana by bucho(m): 2:32pm On Mar 11, 2013
[quote author=stepone]

What Falana means is that Problems of this magnitude can't be solved from the top but from the base.

Enang is trying to solve oil problem from the top instead of the base.

I think there is need to list all oil block owners as stated by Falana, before proper attention should be given to Enang statement.

Why will the current FG renew at a very low price when there is a bid to pay times 10 of the same oil block?

Falana has some cases of oil block owned by Nigerians pending in court, which Enang did not include in his list.

What will common nigerian man benefit from oil block allocation? Instead benefit from dues payable by oil block owners.

These are key point Falana raised, trying to tell you there are more pressing problem in the oil block sector not oil block allocation is the issue.

And that to me, is distraction(might as well have been paid as somebody alleged).He ought to have addressed Enang's submissions before trying to confuse us with his revelation.
Re: Foreigners Own 80% Of Oil Blocks Not Northerners - Femi Falana by jaso1(m): 2:42pm On Mar 11, 2013
Truth is far from Nigerians and if someone with extreme integrity shedding light into the abracadabra of Nigeria government, the citizens, in their dummy senses will rebuke and begin to doubt facts of the report without any findings or research of the poor performance and malicious attitude that employed to finished up the nation.
Gani his blessed memory, tried during his time. He contested election and he was not able to garner 30,000 votes out of 160 million poverty brain dreaded Nigerians. How do you adjudge the fact that Gani, if given the opportunity then- would give us the country of our collective dream? This will rarely happen in the country where majorities are copses living.
I came to a conclusion that- Rowling style or revolution is required to fix the nation because our people have been killed both physical and spiritually through religion concocted with bigot believe.
Re: Foreigners Own 80% Of Oil Blocks Not Northerners - Femi Falana by Iykeponti(m): 2:42pm On Mar 11, 2013
kingoflag:

Nigeria doesnt even know how much Oil she produces. I bet you Nigeria is producing 20 times more oil than is being declared by the Multi-Nationals.
Guy ,u re 99 percent right..... this con3 is dying of a serious cancer.... How come we allowed Abokis to run these con3 for such a longtime..... & they re still there.... f***ck!
Re: Foreigners Own 80% Of Oil Blocks Not Northerners - Femi Falana by ibietela2(m): 2:43pm On Mar 11, 2013
Murphy T: the oil blocs are owned by who ever, whether Northerners or southerners, but are managed and utilized by foreigners who use their expertise to refined woteva is gotten from there for their gains while sharing the generated funds in an agreed percentage with the owners...once u r given the oil bloc licence, these foreign guys are already waiting to woo u into doing biz with them, all u need do is just to relax and enjoy ur moneyyy grin grin.. so foreigners dnt owned oil wells, they rent it frm the main owners for a particular yr, and stl pay a certain percentage into the account of the owners.

This is the truth of the matter
Re: Foreigners Own 80% Of Oil Blocks Not Northerners - Femi Falana by DIPLOMATIK: 2:44pm On Mar 11, 2013
READING THRU DIFFERENT POSTS MAKES ME WEEP FOR NIGERIA cry cry
IF THE POSTERS ON NAIRALAND REPRESENT HER FUTURE THEN WE ARE DOOMED...
DOES FEMI FALANA REPRESENT THE WHOLE SOUTH WEST?
DURING THE NATION'S CUP I REMEMBERED SOMEONE CALLING THE EAGLES THE BIAFA EAGLES WHEN THEY WERE NOT PERFORMING.
PLS LETS NOT BE SENTIMENTAL ABOUT ISSUES...

1 Like

Re: Foreigners Own 80% Of Oil Blocks Not Northerners - Femi Falana by bucho(m): 2:44pm On Mar 11, 2013
[quote author=kbdrim]^^^^^^^^
Ibru, Igbinedion, Dan Etete (SS)
Abiola, Folawiyo, Adenuga (SW)
Mai Deribe(NE
Danjuma (NE Abi Middlebelt)
Udoji (SE)
Ado Bayero (NW)
How has the north more wells from the list given by Senator Enang and Akinosho
All these were Given during the Military Era. We have also heard ''rumours'' that Emeka Offor and orji Uzor Kalu all own Oil wells. Let us also know who were those given Oil wells under OBJ, Yaradua and GEJ
T Y DANJUMA is more of a middlebelter considering he is alwaiys in the forefront of middlebelt emancipation. For the sake of this argument. Many people would want to see him as a northerner which isn't true in the true sense of it

Please if you want to quote the senator, do that correctly.These names didn't appear in Enang's submissions.You're quoting a Nlder who posted a SUPPOSED STATEMENT from the ex-minister who initially allocated the blocks.Stop joining issues to confuse people.
Re: Foreigners Own 80% Of Oil Blocks Not Northerners - Femi Falana by Nobody: 2:47pm On Mar 11, 2013
tunapawizzy:
I am a Yoruba man and a proud exception to this statistics, i think that 99.9999% is exaggerated, however i believe a lot of my kinsmen make dis ur claim not too far from d truth
dont u ever claim yoruba again oloshi
Re: Foreigners Own 80% Of Oil Blocks Not Northerners - Femi Falana by kabba7(m): 2:47pm On Mar 11, 2013
alex101: I will have to agree and disagree with Falana on some points he raised.

(a) I'm in with him on his demand that the FG provide the latest list of Nigerians that own oil block,,,I'll even go further that they be published based on state of origin.

(b) I disagree with the lawyer on his stand that Sen. Enang was wrong. When the senator made his presentation, he did not include the multinational oil companies, for I believe the Senator was well aware of the 40% stake that they (oil Companies) have in nigeria's oil & gas industry. The senator must have strictly zeroed in on the total number of nigerians owning oil blocks. Simply put: for every 10 nigerian oil block owners, 8 are northerners,,,QED.

Meanwhile, lets await the full list of oil-block owners of nigerian extraction.

And the senator will claim to have gone to some school !He should be wiped with a good koboko made from maiduguri !
Re: Foreigners Own 80% Of Oil Blocks Not Northerners - Femi Falana by Nobody: 2:50pm On Mar 11, 2013
tunapawizzy:
never in ur life claim yoruba again oloshi omo ibo
Re: Foreigners Own 80% Of Oil Blocks Not Northerners - Femi Falana by bababuff(m): 2:58pm On Mar 11, 2013
A lot of people just come here and make noise without contributing to the discussion.

What has owning an oil block by somebody from the north or south got to do with the benefit to the common man on the street?
If one northerner with an oil block employs 500 southerners to work there and pays them good money who is losing? If the southerners use the money to educate their children and improve the quality of life of their people, and the northerner takes his profits to UK and his northerner brothers live in penury and Boko themselves, who is losing?

The problem is not with owning the oil blocks; the issue is giving back to the community where the oil production is taking place. Building schools, road, houses, empowering the people of the areas etc. That is what we want.
Re: Foreigners Own 80% Of Oil Blocks Not Northerners - Femi Falana by kabaka1: 2:59pm On Mar 11, 2013
olas2u:

You are just short sighted man.80% of it is owned by foreigners ,but you focus your mind on tribal issues.Do you know what 80% of the block to foreigners means?

80% mean say na dem own Nigeria cry

1 Like

Re: Foreigners Own 80% Of Oil Blocks Not Northerners - Femi Falana by Iykeponti(m): 3:12pm On Mar 11, 2013
Ngwakwe: Any intellectual luminary who cannot disprove the Hon. Senator's data with updated verifiable data should do some research work and not forgetting to invoking freedom of information act where necessary.

Falana made an important revelation here that is laudable. How come a license was renewed in million$ while there was a preferred bidder willing to pay billion $?

We are finished in this country if things are not exposed and brought to public domain for scrutin
All we want is equality, fairness to all.
Now tell me y they call us black monkeys ,just look at the evidence flowing all over Africa ,especially here in naija. The British left & everything turn upside-down sad
Re: Foreigners Own 80% Of Oil Blocks Not Northerners - Femi Falana by Iykeponti(m): 3:22pm On Mar 11, 2013
FreeGlobe:
Slavery. They have to always defend their masters or the lose ogun or oyo like they did kogi and Kwara. don't forget they have also dashed the 2015 presidency back to their Hausa slave masters.
man u re right , I don't know what d yori-yori pple afraid of...
Re: Foreigners Own 80% Of Oil Blocks Not Northerners - Femi Falana by Obiagu1(m): 3:32pm On Mar 11, 2013
[size=16pt]Can Somebody Say Parasites![/size]

1 Like

Re: Foreigners Own 80% Of Oil Blocks Not Northerners - Femi Falana by Abagworo(m): 3:33pm On Mar 11, 2013
I believe that it is PDP paid agents that are trying as usual to turn this matter into non-existent tribal dimension. Oil blocks should never be owned by individuals. They should all be revoked and given to the States on whose territories the blocks are located. How could a mere tailor be given an oil block when she lacks the technical know-how nor any atom of experience in oil and gas? How could a military general be given multiple oil blocks when his experience is only on warfare and conflict management? We need to remove ethno-religious sentiments from issues and look at them objectively.
Re: Foreigners Own 80% Of Oil Blocks Not Northerners - Femi Falana by willyo(m): 3:37pm On Mar 11, 2013
the federal govt has never done well with the funds from the oil sector. the federal govt never affected the oil rich regions positively buh rather criminalizing them in the name of amnesty. the federal govt is a failure in this regards and thus declared incapable. the most painful part of it is that the N/Delta has a son of the soil as the president of this country and he has turned a blind eye to the plea,plight and pains of his people. power is sweet but it lasteth not forever. so, i put to GEJ that the sufferings of the N/Deltans is his cause. he will remain a man being hunted and haunted by his people after his services as the president of this country
Re: Foreigners Own 80% Of Oil Blocks Not Northerners - Femi Falana by Nobody: 3:42pm On Mar 11, 2013
Abagworo: I believe that it is PDP paid agents that are trying as usual to turn this matter into non-existent tribal dimension. Oil blocks should never be owned by individuals. They should all be revoked and given to the States on whose territories the blocks are located. How could a mere tailor be given an oil block when she lacks the technical know-how nor any atom of experience in oil and gas? How could a military general be given multiple oil blocks when his experience is only on warfare and conflict management? We need to remove ethno-religious sentiments from issues and look at them objectively.

Referring to Mrs Alakija ko? Lmoa!! Her father was a multa billionaire while alive. She could afford to have an oil well.

Now let's talk about Stella Oduah can we?
Re: Foreigners Own 80% Of Oil Blocks Not Northerners - Femi Falana by Duru1(m): 4:45pm On Mar 11, 2013
pastie: Is this not coming from a yoruba man

Hmm..i smell a rotten egg somewhere.

It is a pertinent concern that the two desperate defenders of northerners in this Nigerian crude oil block debacle are Yoruba. If you just smelt rotten egg now, I must say you have been taken for a long ride.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photos: Flood Ravages Kaduna / Nobody Should Kill Nigerian In South Africa – Jacob Zuma / 2019: APC Power Blocs In Supremacy Battle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.