Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,176 members, 7,821,984 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

JAMBS Post Video Of Hostages’ Bodies - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / JAMBS Post Video Of Hostages’ Bodies (21637 Views)

Another West Nigerian Join Boko Haram -and Post Video Of Bay'ah! / JAMBS Claim Responsibility For Soldiers Ambushed In Kogi / FG To Tackle JAMBS Another Boko-Haram Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Re: JAMBS Post Video Of Hostages’ Bodies by alexis(m): 2:36am On May 20, 2013
ehissi:

I can tell U (now note that I am telling you this as a practicing born-again christian who has read portions of the qoran and lots of history books and lots of the bible born in a christian home) that the qoran actually commands all muslims to live in peace among people (irrespective of their religion) who do not question/bar them from practicing islam (a priviledge mohammed never had - that is a place to peacefully practice).; hence the need to fight; the history books actually show that mohammed lost muslim brothers and sisters to starvation because in his home city it was agreed among the clans that no one will trade nor sell food to mohammed and those who believed he heard from a God he couldn't see (which was definitely going to put a hole in the pockets of those who forged/made the images of the gods which they could see). So the need to host a jihad (which he had to hear from God to declare). The problem lies in the interpretation of qoran as proposed by the Hadith and the random interpretation of Jihad and the random interpretation of "question/bar from practicing islam", muslims are also taught by the qoran to walk (with restraint and humility) the fine line that the laws of the land gives in such a way that the qoran/allah's laws are not disobeyed e.g.The qoran does not specify an age that a girl can be given out for marraige so far its done in line with islamic laws. This is however not an excuse for Senator Yerima to marry a 12year old girl ( a clear violation of Nigerian law) and claim that since he didn't sin against allah, he cannot be prosecuted for obeying his religion. If U must marry, exercise restraint and wait until She is 18 then marry her.

We christians are a major favourite of fundametalist and radical muslims for bombings and attacks for one major reason (The trinity)!! The qoran also states for the benefit of all who listen that there is one God and one God alone - a death knell for major proposers of the trinity (the idea of three persons in one God; who by the way are Christians) - what they (muslims) fail to realise is that that scripture was a response to a theory raised by a heathen culture that stated that God almighty got married to venus, had a wonderful sex life and gave birth to Christ ( a mixture of Greek mythology and Christianity that was designed to ensure the relevance of the worship of venus - a major source of intimacy.u.a.l perversion and intimacy.u.a.l related crime in those days) that is also why the Hadith now records that any suggestion that God ( or Allah as muslims call him) presented himself in a human form or any attempt to "humanise God" should be regarded as "Shirk" -Sin- God can never take the low and corrupted form of a man ( principles that revelations in Christianity now teach concerning Jesus Christ; hence the reason why most christians are the preferred target practice for radical islamist)!!

But just as some Christians in the name of the fear of the Lord will be afraid to speak against revered elders in the Christian faith when something may appear to be done wrong in the name of not speaking against God's servant/annoited so also muslims are afraid of speaking openly against their own elders especially when certain sensitive issues are discussed - the most sensitive of all being the introduction of Sharia; which is seen by some as building a caliphate of Spiritual foundation's whose leader/king is God almighty- allah as he is called in arabic - and only his law ruling the land and in time extending his dominion on the face of the earth!!! When this is discussed everybody isn't quite sure what next to say next lest they be found to be opposing God's rule and be wrongly declared as committing major "Shirk" or "Haram"!! c

I am FIRST a human being before I am a practitioner of any religion. If muslims have a problem interpreting their Quran, then the author of the Quran didn't do a very good job in explaining it and conveying what he meant. I have said this and will always say it - YOU CAN BELIEVE IN A STONE, DON'T THROW IT AT OTHERS..

CHRISTIANS BELIEVE IN ONE GOD. If the concept of GodHead/Trinity is confusing to muslims - they should ask for education and not kill innocent people because of their beliefs.

Must it always be "muslims" that has problem interpreting their Quran?
Re: JAMBS Post Video Of Hostages’ Bodies by ehissi(m): 12:14am On May 21, 2013
@all... If there is one thing that I know that any one should take away from this debate whether you be a Christian or a muslim - and at this point I am convinced that you will have to be a blind fanatic, Christian or muslim to disagree - and that is the fact that Muslim's from their general conduct are generally hostile or easily given to violence when the issue of their religion is raised (whether it be criticism or slight offence deliberate or accidental) and it is a thing of worry to the whole world!! As a Child growing up, I was almost mobbed when I accidentally used my shoe to step into a praying ground - I had never known what islam meant - and no one even offered to explain to me what I had done wrong (and believe me I count myself lucky that it happened in Lagos; I guess I would have long have joined my ancestors if it were in Zamfara or gombe such had happened)!!
What is even more worrisome is that when they raise chaos everybody demands for peace , calm and dialogue (even when people are killed)!! As a child whenever I heard of killings in the North I always wondered why it was never seen as murder simply because a muslim felt offended at something someone did (even if it were in ignorance). They say God is merciful yet they show none!! They say it teaches peace, yet some of today's most bloody wars are centred around wars that God supposedly sent them to wage ( as though God's hand is too short to punish offenders or too feeble to wage war)!! In effect by their conduct they declare God incapable of taking action himself towards Sin or offence yet he made man!! This is confusion and God is not the author of confusion!! As for my Christian fella's, I must say that what I find appalling amongst them is that sometimes they are not bold in their profession ( a sign of a mind difficult to renew). They are admit they are not under jewish law but agree that a man who doesn't tithe is cursed; they admit they are Son's like Jesus but can be bound and need deliverance like daniel, they believe that faith is important but would rather be in church only on sunday tha attend a bible study during the week!! I find it an interesting puzzle!!! I wonder what God would have to say about it right now #just thinking aloud#
Re: JAMBS Post Video Of Hostages’ Bodies by alexis(m): 5:45am On May 21, 2013
ehissi: @all... If there is one thing that I know that any one should take away from this debate whether you be a Christian or a muslim - and at this point I am convinced that you will have to be a blind fanatic, Christian or muslim to disagree - and that is the fact that Muslim's from their general conduct are generally hostile or easily given to violence when the issue of their religion is raised (whether it be criticism or slight offence deliberate or accidental) and it is a thing of worry to the whole world!! As a Child growing up, I was almost mobbed when I accidentally used my shoe to step into a praying ground - I had never known what islam meant - and no one even offered to explain to me what I had done wrong (and believe me I count myself lucky that it happened in Lagos; I guess I would have long have joined my ancestors if it were in Zamfara or gombe such had happened)!!
What is even more worrisome is that when they raise chaos everybody demands for peace , calm and dialogue (even when people are killed)!! As a child whenever I heard of killings in the North I always wondered why it was never seen as murder simply because a muslim felt offended at something someone did (even if it were in ignorance). They say God is merciful yet they show none!! They say it teaches peace, yet some of today's most bloody wars are centred around wars that God supposedly sent them to wage ( as though God's hand is too short to punish offenders or too feeble to wage war)!! In effect by their conduct they declare God incapable of taking action himself towards Sin or offence yet he made man!! This is confusion and God is not the author of confusion!! As for my Christian fella's, I must say that what I find appalling amongst them is that sometimes they are not bold in their profession ( a sign of a mind difficult to renew). They are admit they are not under jewish law but agree that a man who doesn't tithe is cursed; they admit they are Son's like Jesus but can be bound and need deliverance like daniel, they believe that faith is important but would rather be in church only on sunday tha attend a bible study during the week!! I find it an interesting puzzle!!! I wonder what God would have to say about it right now #just thinking aloud#

Nice thoughts mate, nice thoughts smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Osinbajo Arrives Abia, Flags Off Maiden Edition Of SMEs Clinic In Aba (pics) / Blackout Looms As National Grid Collapses Again / EFCC To Write Interpol Over Sambo, Kuku, Lamorde, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.