Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,361 members, 7,812,020 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:29 AM

2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France - Education (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France (78783 Views)

2014 PTDF Overseas Masters Scholarship Result is out / University Of Ibadan Post Graduate 2013/2014 Discussion Thread / 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarship Scheme For Msc, Phd And Undergraduate Programmes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by HapiNna: 6:24pm On Dec 04, 2013
doziej84: pls where is the lagos venue?
i was scheduled to write in PHC but i wont be able to make it to PHC, i intend to write mine in lagos.

hello, I think we r in d same shoe. I tried contacting cinfores n ptdf to know whether my venue can be changed but was not successful.

Do u mind sending me a personal msg of ur number so we can know how to put this thru. Tnx
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by Kudanis(m): 6:45pm On Dec 04, 2013
Honestly, I can't remember anything except Laplace. It's not my field so couldn't memorized the terms. There were questions on diagrams based on "Laplace" something.... As of last year many questions on Control bears "Laplace" something......! I'm not writing Control this year.
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by Carsonv(m): 8:03am On Dec 05, 2013
Kudanis: Honestly, I can't remember anything except Laplace. It's not my field so couldn't memorized the terms. There were questions on diagrams based on "Laplace" something.... As of last year many questions on Control bears "Laplace" something......! I'm not writing Control this year.

Ok. Lemme c if these hints help you remember. Did you see stuff like Transfer Functions, Poles and Zeros, State-space Equations, Linear Time Invariant systems etc? Also were there lots of calculations or just theory questions?

It's not exactly my field cos I didn't do Control during undergraduate level but I'm tryna find my way around it so a hint from you would be most valuable. Thanks
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by Stevensonperson(m): 8:15am On Dec 05, 2013
has any 1 got past question on HSE pls send to stevenchidinwas@gmail.com
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by Frank0010(m): 9:08am On Dec 05, 2013
Plz send a copy of the general paper to me ansfrank10@yahoo.com
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by favoured247(m): 11:26am On Dec 05, 2013
lols. am writing as well. am very sure we will see sumtin we didnt expect dat day. as for those past questions flying around, that was way back. i suppose u know d current affairs back then is no longer current. so just be prepared for anytin. any sharp person will definitely pass, no matter the format they use for d test. my advice is just be fast in choosing ur answers and move on to the next question, because time is a major factor we must consider, so dont waste it on questions u dont know. d easier ones are always towards the end. u can use the past questions just to get urself prepared and ready, but dont expect to see it in d hall, cos if they mistakenly set it, trust me they wont be able to select pple, because too many pple will pass. goodluck to us all.
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by dammycrane000: 1:07pm On Dec 05, 2013
i believe the questions will be objective and sub-objective...simple
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by Adasek2008: 8:31pm On Dec 05, 2013
Hello Nairalanders, pls I need your advise ASAP. Just checked my name on ptdf website and I was shortlisted but up till now I haven't received any text message nor an email invite. Pls what can I do?
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by Nairalanda(m): 8:47pm On Dec 05, 2013
Adasek2008: Hello Nairalanders, pls I need your advise ASAP. Just checked my name on ptdf website and I was shortlisted but up till now I haven't received any text message nor an email invite. Pls what can I do?

You should try these:

1) Check your SPAM/Bulk/Deleted mail folders (or type PTDF in the search box of your email). It may be there.
2) Call their office.
3) Send them email.
4) If you live not far from their office, go there and inquire.
5) If you did not get anything (worst case scenario, DRESS WELL and print the page and take everything that shows you were shortlisted and take to the venue, as early as possible before the examination.)
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by Adasek2008: 9:43pm On Dec 05, 2013
Nairalanda:

You should try these:

1) Check your SPAM/Bulk/Deleted mail folders (or type PTDF in the search box of your email). It may be there.
2) Call their office.
3) Send them email.
4) If you live not far from their office, go there and inquire.
5) If you did not get anything (worst case scenario, DRESS WELL and print the page and take everything that shows you were shortlisted and take to the venue, as early as possible before the examination.)
thanks for your help. Will start doing all these ASAP!!!
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by Carsonv(m): 9:15am On Dec 06, 2013
Any info as regards a reschedule for 8am test tomorrow in PH due to the sanitation exercise?

Ptdf/Cinfores don't expect us to boycott the sanitation and sneak thru the uncanny eyes of the police.
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by Chuksaluta(m): 10:57am On Dec 06, 2013
Does anyone here know if we are to go with originals or copies of our certificate?
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by ignis: 2:28pm On Dec 06, 2013
Chuksaluta: Does anyone here know if we are to go with originals or copies of our certificate?
I will advice you go with the original copy.
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by Carsonv(m): 9:45pm On Dec 06, 2013
Hi guys, I know most of us are giving finishing touches to the preparation. I wish you all success.

I just stumbled to some General Past Questions tonight. If you're interested just send me a mail to ugolovesu@yahoo.com I'll forward them.

Meanwhile has anyone heard of any reschedule in ph venue due to d sanitation exercise?
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by obehishine: 12:47am On Dec 07, 2013
Adasek2008: Hello Nairalanders, pls I need your advise ASAP. Just checked my name on ptdf website and I was shortlisted but up till now I haven't received any text message nor an email invite. Pls what can I do?

pls did u apply for local or overseas scholarship?
'cos I don't think lss shortlisted applicants have so far been invited.
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by oroG: 12:24pm On Dec 07, 2013
pls anyone dat has written should pls post questions. Thanks and God bless
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by Olsey: 1:29pm On Dec 07, 2013
Wishing all candidates who sat for PTDF screening test (today) success. How did it go?
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by olumyde5(m): 1:30pm On Dec 07, 2013
oroG: pls anyone dat has written should pls post questions. Thanks and God bless

you want make dem cancel the test abi?
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by spawne: 4:20pm On Dec 07, 2013
After sleepless nights and all, this ptdf people chose to focus most control systems questions on just instrumentation ( like that is all control systems is about).
Anyway, hope lives on.
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by Nobody: 6:08pm On Dec 07, 2013
Mehn PTDF shocked me;I chose design of rotating machines;I was shocked to see questions on welding;39 questions on welding;none on design.

2 Likes

Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by Nairalanda(m): 6:12pm On Dec 07, 2013
spawne: After sleepless nights and all, this ptdf people chose to focus most control systems questions on just instrumentation ( like that is all control systems is about).
Anyway, hope lives on.

Be hopeful, life goes on, you are not alone. There may be other scholarships you are qualified for. Do a little search and you could find one. Others that did the exam should kindly share their experiences, no matter how little. When you share, it might help someone out there someday or somehow. For example those with ID issues and timetable issues, etc etc. Best wishes.
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by obioraval(m): 6:44pm On Dec 07, 2013
spawne: After sleepless nights and all, this ptdf people chose to focus most control systems questions on just instrumentation ( like that is all control systems is about).
Anyway, hope lives on.

I thought I was the only control guy that noticed that
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by spawne: 7:21pm On Dec 07, 2013
Nairalanda:

Be hopeful, life goes on, you are not alone. There may be other scholarships you are qualified for. Do a little search and you could find one. Others that did the exam should kindly share their experiences, no matter how little. When you share, it might help someone out there someday or somehow. For example those with ID issues and timetable issues, etc etc. Best wishes.
Baba shey you dey console me ni? Unto scholarship wey Baba God don give me sha...lol.
Thanks for the kind words but me na winner o... smiley

1 Like

Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by ignis: 9:39pm On Dec 07, 2013
The system was just asking me about useless football...
Who won the 2009 champions league n d rest? etc
Could u believe I went for Manchester United?
I don't watch football.
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by Frankolino(m): 9:44pm On Dec 07, 2013
Samoalfred: Mehn PTDF shocked me;I chose design of rotating machines;I was shocked to see questions on welding;39 questions on welding;none on design.
My guy, I thought I was d only one dat applied for that course! Only one question on bearing, the rest was just welding, welding, welding! No gearing design, no rotor-dynamics, no turbo-machinery! My brother, I am at my Lord's Divine Mercy.
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by Topiipii(m): 10:20pm On Dec 07, 2013
Anyway, hope lives on.
If you got questions on instrumentation, then you're lucky. In my own case over half of the questions were for an entirely different course; for every question that has a diagram or function, I got unrelated questions on pressure, triple point of water, flow rate etc. The questions that were based on control happen to be the ones without any diagram/function and are purely theoretical ones. I complained to two of the invigilators and was told that other people in control had similar issues unlike those in other courses. If this is true, then those in control have in my opinion been cheated and presently, I don't think PTDF will do anything about it.
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by Chikogb: 4:41am On Dec 08, 2013
Guys there's something i wanna verify... will there be negative marking in part 2 of the questions?
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by Mayflowa(m): 5:11am On Dec 08, 2013
No, there won't. From the instruction, only part A carries negative marking. They were mute on negative marking instruction for part B.
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by ignis: 8:13am On Dec 08, 2013
Mayflowa: No, there won't. From the instruction, only part A carries negative marking. They were mute on negative marking instruction for part B.
Are u serious? I left many questions unanswered in the part B, for fear of negative marking.
Though didn't read the instruction in part B.
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by obioraval(m): 8:38am On Dec 08, 2013
Topiipii:
If you got questions on instrumentation, then you're lucky. In my own case over half of the questions were for an entirely different course; for every question that has a diagram or function, I got unrelated questions on pressure, triple point of water, flow rate etc. The questions that were based on control happen to be the ones without any diagram/function and are purely theoretical ones. I complained to two of the invigilators and was told that other people in control had similar issues unlike those in other courses. If this is true, then those in control have in my opinion been cheated and presently, I don't think PTDF will do anything about it.

exactly same with me.
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by linton99: 8:40am On Dec 08, 2013
Any occupational health and safety candidate in the house?..where did those qstns come from? God na ur hand I dey o,thank u....it was more of residual knowledge and ability to eliminate no be small tin o
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by ignis: 9:11am On Dec 08, 2013
Please, does anybody know if they will still shortlist for another interview, or is this the final?

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (20) (Reply)

Have You Seen These Collection Fascinating Images? / An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). / University Of Abuja Rusticates Cyprian Igwe For A Post He Made On WhatsApp Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.