Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,313 members, 7,811,930 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:00 AM

2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France - Education (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France (78781 Views)

2014 PTDF Overseas Masters Scholarship Result is out / University Of Ibadan Post Graduate 2013/2014 Discussion Thread / 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarship Scheme For Msc, Phd And Undergraduate Programmes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by linton99: 5:51pm On Nov 28, 2013
I just got an invite from ptdf for the scholarship aptitude test at ust Port Harcourt,pleasssssssss any body with useful information on what to expect,thank u
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by Nairalanda(m): 6:19pm On Nov 28, 2013
linton99: I just got an invite from ptdf for the scholarship aptitude test at ust Port Harcourt,pleasssssssss any body with useful information on what to expect,thank u

What to expect?

Try www.pass1time.com for realistic practise CBT questions for the PTDF test. Try and follow the time so that you will be very well prepared for the actual exam. Practise as many times as possible and read wider too. Good luck with the exams.
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by modash(m): 6:24pm On Nov 28, 2013
Got the invite
But I won't be back to Lagos soon enuf
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by linton99: 6:26pm On Nov 28, 2013
Thanks a lot @nairalanda

1 Like

Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by Carsonv(m): 7:16pm On Nov 28, 2013
Got same invite!
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by Liftme(f): 7:59pm On Nov 28, 2013
Jibhas: Invitation for aptotude Test received It's 7th December, 2013

Hello,please do you have an idea of what should expected in the test or do you have a material that I can use to prepare. Kindly reply,thanks
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by Liftme(f): 8:01pm On Nov 28, 2013
Hello,please does anyone have an idea of what should be expected in the test or do anyone have a material that I can use to prepare. Kindly reply,thanks
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by nobleone: 8:07pm On Nov 28, 2013
Received the text and mail for the test on December 7.
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by Nobody: 10:41pm On Nov 28, 2013
Liftme:

Hello,please do you have an idea of what should expected in the test or do you have a material that I can use to prepare. Kindly reply,thanks
No

1 Like

Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by nobleone: 10:48pm On Nov 28, 2013
Nairalanda already gave www.pass1time.com. Its a nice site to practise. Good luck guys
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by SegunMike(m): 10:57pm On Nov 28, 2013
also, from previous years, its best u read wide on ur chosen course of study, current affairs, and little of maths and verbal. BUT REMEMBER THIS, d bulk of the mark is tied to questions to ur field of study............check earlier pages of this thread for more info
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by spawne: 11:10pm On Nov 28, 2013
But the txt clearly stated "aptitude test". Judging by the number of applicants sitting the test, I am of the opinion that this would just be same old aptitude test format with the possibility of a 2nd stage test(career based). Just saying...
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by eddyland: 11:30pm On Nov 28, 2013
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by Stone123(m): 12:15am On Nov 29, 2013
Any one with any idea if they've invited PhD candidates, thanks
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by infoscope(m): 8:38am On Nov 29, 2013
You cant AFFORD to write this exam without the past questions. Visit http://nigeriannewsportal.com/ptdf-oversea-scholarship-past-questions-and-answers/ to get it.

congrats to the shortlisted candidates.

Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by dammycrane000: 9:08am On Nov 29, 2013
its this the first time they use the CBT ?
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by ignis: 10:56am On Nov 29, 2013
Am currently a serving Batch A corper. I applied with my NYSC ID card. I just checked my inbox now and saw a mail from ptdf that I was shortlisted for the aptitude test on 07/12/13. And its stated that I should come with some certificates including NYSC certificate. Pls, will they accept my ID card in place of NYSC cert. On the day of the aptitude test?
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by Dfavouredone: 11:56am On Nov 29, 2013
ignis: Am currently a serving Batch A corper. I applied with my NYSC ID card. I just checked my inbox now and saw a mail from ptdf that I was shortlisted for the aptitude test on 07/12/13. And its stated that I should come with some certificates including NYSC certificate. Pls, will they accept my ID card in place of NYSC cert. On the day of the aptitude test?
since u apply with NYSC ID and was shortlisted, go with same but ensure u must have finished service b4 sept 2014 which is the date of commencement of the MSC prog.
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by Nairalanda(m): 12:03pm On Nov 29, 2013
ignis: Am currently a serving Batch A corper. I applied with my NYSC ID card. I just checked my inbox now and saw a mail from ptdf that I was shortlisted for the aptitude test on 07/12/13. And its stated that I should come with some certificates including NYSC certificate. Pls, will they accept my ID card in place of NYSC cert. On the day of the aptitude test?

You applied with your NYSC ID card and have been short-listed with the same. If I were you, I would not worry if they will not accept my NYSC ID card on the exam date. I'll rather work towards getting more prepared to pass the exam. You just have to bring along everything that can be used for identification. I see no reason why you would be stopped from writing the exam. Unless, perhaps, you get there late, you have issues with your ID photo, you bring illegal materials to the exam hall, you cheat or aim to cheat, etc.

You have paid for the exam and you were on the short-list of a first set of criteria. It is still up to PTDF to still grant the award. The exam is not the award in its self, it is just another means to create an even shorter list. If you score outstanding grade in the exam, you should also be in that shorter list. The final short-list will include those that meet all PTDF requirements and including those of UKBA requirements for UK visa e.g. if you are going to the UK.

If you are still worried however, you can call the PTDF lines on their website. Any information you get from this forum should not be taken as a scripture, your discretion is still advised.

Kind regards.
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by ignis: 12:27pm On Nov 29, 2013
Thanks Everyone.
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by ignis: 12:28pm On Nov 29, 2013
Nairalanda and favour, Thanks...

Does anyone know the nature of the exam?

1 Like

Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by Nairalanda(m): 12:41pm On Nov 29, 2013
ignis: Nairalanda and favour, Thanks...

Does anyone know the nature of the exam?

The EXACT nature of the exam can only be known after the exam. They can change tactics. What is certain is that, it is going to be CBT and will be relevant to what you will be studying abroad and also to the oil and gas industry. You can try your skills and even take mock exams and compare yourself with your colleagues at www.pass1time.com.

Cheers.
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by Chikogb: 4:22pm On Nov 29, 2013
Are we also gonna write essay?
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by neronex: 4:48pm On Nov 29, 2013
Is there anyone that applied for the PTDF Local Scholarship Scheme that got this invite for aptitude test? I'm jus curious cos I was shortlisted for the LSS and I hv nt seen any invite yet.
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by Nobody: 5:29pm On Nov 29, 2013
Pls wat did u use to apply 4 d lss?are u UG or PG?

neronex: Is there anyone that applied for the PTDF Local Scholarship Scheme that got this invite for aptitude test? I'm jus curious cos I was shortlisted for the LSS and I hv nt seen any invite yet.
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by seeker88(m): 6:28pm On Nov 29, 2013
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by Olsey: 6:39pm On Nov 29, 2013
Has anyone on Local Scholarship Scheme (LSS) been invited?
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by Frankolino(m): 11:52pm On Nov 29, 2013
May God Almighty help
us all.
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by neronex: 6:27am On Nov 30, 2013
I applied for PG LSS and no invite yet or hv dey 4goten abt us?
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by Chikogb: 1:40pm On Nov 30, 2013
Nairalanda:

What to expect?

Try www.pass1time.com for realistic practise CBT questions for the PTDF test. Try and follow the time so that you will be very well prepared for the actual exam. Practise as many times as possible and read wider too. Good luck with the exams.

please are we gonna answer essays too ? .don't be offended
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by Nairalanda(m): 2:26pm On Nov 30, 2013
Chikogb: please are we gonna answer essays too ? .don't be offended

Hi Chikogb,

In the past, it used to be a combination of MCQ (multi-choice questions) and essays. The MCQs used to be non-specific to your intended course, it covered several areas and included "current affairs". Then, the MCQs were done on OCR exam papers and the essays written on answer scripts just like in WAEC/NECO exams.

It is very unlikely that you will be writing any essays since it is going to be a CBT. You must surely expect MCQs. However, they may make you also write essays and will still be CBT (NO ONE CAN TELL!). Why I said it is unlikely is because of the high number of applicants involved and also it would require more effort to mark essays. So why bother with essays when CBT can easily test your skills sufficiently for the short-list?

What is most important is to keep your head refreshed on those things you did in undergraduate classes (generally not like reading from pali-to-pali smiley ). You should show your writing skills and communicate well. If you are in engineering use the right terms and units. For example, compare these:

(1a) The airfoil is positioned 15 degrees to the horizontal in a wind flowing horizontally.
(1b) The angle of attack of the airfoil is 15 degrees.

(2a) A force of 200 n is required to lift the 20 load.
(2b) A force of 200 N is required to lift the 20 kg load.

Don't expect the marker to try and understand! Check spellings and don't use informal style in writing. You also should avoid words like "lol", "lmao", "hbd" etc..just kidding, I know you will not do that.

With www.pass1time.com, you can try the "Theory type mock exam" to have a feel of what and "Essay CBT" may look like. If I were you, I will try a number of questions and check some terms from my old notes, get current affairs to brush through, know current prices of stuff related to oil and gas, SLEEP well before the exam, be at the exam venue hours before the start (just in case ...), I will check my answers again before submitting and WILL follow instructions and most importantly I WILL NOT PANIC (Why not? You are not alone!). I wish you every success in it.
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by Chikogb: 9:33pm On Nov 30, 2013
Nairalanda:

Hi Chikogb,

In the past, it used to be a combination of MCQ (multi-choice questions) and essays. The MCQs used to be non-specific to your intended course, it covered several areas and included "current affairs". Then, the MCQs were done on OCR exam papers and the essays written on answer scripts just like in WAEC/NECO exams.

It is very unlikely that you will be writing any essays since it is going to be a CBT. You must surely expect MCQs. However, they may make you also write essays and will still be CBT (NO ONE CAN TELL!). Why I said it is unlikely is because of the high number of applicants involved and also it would require more effort to mark essays. So why bother with essays when CBT can easily test your skills sufficiently for the short-list?

What is most important is to keep your head refreshed on those things you did in undergraduate classes (generally not like reading from pali-to-pali smiley ). You should show your writing skills and communicate well. If you are in engineering use the right terms and units. For example, compare these:

(1a) The airfoil is positioned 15 degrees to the horizontal in a wind flowing horizontally.
(1b) The angle of attack of the airfoil is 15 degrees.

(2a) A force of 200 n is required to lift the 20 load.
(2b) A force of 200 N is required to lift the 20 kg load.

Don't expect the marker to try and understand! Check spellings and don't use informal style in writing. You also should avoid words like "lol", "lmao", "hbd" etc..just kidding, I know you will not do that.

With www.pass1time.com, you can try the "Theory type mock exam" to have a feel of what and "Essay CBT" may look like. If I were you, I will try a number of questions and check some terms from my old notes, get current affairs to brush through, know current prices of stuff related to oil and gas, SLEEP well before the exam, be at the exam venue hours before the start (just in case ...), I will check my answers again before submitting and WILL follow instructions and most importantly I WILL NOT PANIC (Why not? You are not alone!). I wish you every success in it.

Thanks so much Nairalanda... God bless you

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (20) (Reply)

Have You Seen These Collection Fascinating Images? / An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). / University Of Abuja Rusticates Cyprian Igwe For A Post He Made On WhatsApp Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.