Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,856 members, 7,817,535 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

The Myths About SE As An Oil Producing Region. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Myths About SE As An Oil Producing Region. (1943 Views)

Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures / Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year / Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Myths About SE As An Oil Producing Region. by Nobody: 7:26pm On Mar 11, 2013
Ibos are always happy to join the bandwagon and declare their region as an oil producing but Ondo state alone produces more oil than the whole of SE and ethnic Ibos in the SS. Edo state also produces more oil than the SE, so why are Ibos always shouting about oil?

We all know that the oil producing areas of both Rivers and Akwa Ibom are not ethnically Ibo. It's time to expose the Ibo myth in Delta state.

The oil producing local government areas are in Delta state are: Warri North and South, Burutu, Isoko North and South, Ughelli North and South, Okpe, Ethiope East and West, Sapele and Ndokwa East and West. Ndokwa people migrated from Benin according to this history and they are no Ibos. The remaining local governments are occupied by Urhobo, Isoko, Itsekiri and Izon.

Ibos where is your oyel?
Re: The Myths About SE As An Oil Producing Region. by pazienza(m): 7:58pm On Mar 11, 2013
looplat: Ibos are always happy to join the bandwagon and declare their region as an oil producing but Ondo state alone produces more oil than the whole of SE and ethnic Ibos in the SS. Edo state also produces more oil than the SE, so why are Ibos always shouting about oil?

We all know that the oil producing areas of both Rivers and Akwa Ibom are not ethnically Ibo. It's time to expose the Ibo myth in Delta state.

The oil producing local government areas are in Delta state are: Warri North and South, Burutu, Isoko North and South, Ughelli North and South, Okpe, Ethiope East and West, Sapele and Ndokwa East and West. Ndokwa people migrated from Benin according to this history and they are no Ibos. The remaining local governments are occupied by Urhobo, Isoko, Itsekiri and Izon.

Ibos where is your oyel?

Who are ndokwa people? I had never heard of an igbo group by the name ndokwa,but if you mean the local government of my favourite igbo musician Ali chukwuma, then i guess you meant to say ukwuani,(ndokwa is but an lga in ukwuani) and yes,they are igbos. Igbos came from different places in the past,only central igbo groups around okigwe-orlu axis claim to have been in igboland as long as they can remember.

On rivers state,you might need to check out Oyigbo lga,they are asa and ndoki tribes of the igbo nation,and the remainder of their people are found in ukwa east and ukwa west of abia state,it was oil politics that was aimed at depriving SE( east central) of any oil producing community that placed them in rivers state, same with egbema in rivers.

Coming to SE, we don't have oil,yet we want out of nigeria,doesn't that tell you that we believe that we can do without oil?
We have some oil in imo and few in abia,with anambra boasting of some quantities too, but there is more to igboland than presence or lack of oil. What makes most nation great is not really natural resources(though natural resources is an added bonus),what make most nations great is the quality of their human resources,this is what we have in abundance in igboland. What we need is a conducive enviroment,(free of the paranoia and fear of domination of other nigerian groups,that breeds the pull him down spirit),to harness the potentials of our rich human resources,under a competent leadership,to build an igbo country we can be proud of.

You should be thinking the same for your ethnic group,and not spending time worrying about igboman's problem.

13 Likes

Re: The Myths About SE As An Oil Producing Region. by dayokanu(m): 8:11pm On Mar 11, 2013
looplat: Ibos are always happy to join the bandwagon and declare their region as an oil producing but Ondo state alone produces more oil than the whole of SE and ethnic Ibos in the SS. Edo state also produces more oil than the SE, so why are Ibos always shouting about oil?

Ibos where is your oyel?

Where did you get the stats and figures that Ondo state and Edo state produce more oyel than SE
Re: The Myths About SE As An Oil Producing Region. by pipeliner: 8:20pm On Mar 11, 2013
dayokanu:

Where did you get the stats and figures that Ondo state and Edo state produce more oyel than SE

I do not like your posts or opinion atimes but just now I can feel someone in an effort to ascertain facts. Kudos bros.
Re: The Myths About SE As An Oil Producing Region. by Ikengawo: 8:39pm On Mar 11, 2013

Ibos where is your oyel?

there are indigenous igbos in Edo state.
smh lol.

1 Like

Re: The Myths About SE As An Oil Producing Region. by Eziachi: 8:49pm On Mar 11, 2013
dayokanu:

Wow! this doesn't sound like you. What happened? I knew you got it in you but only a victim of ethnimatization ( grin) by Nairaland.
I take a bow!! while it last.
Re: The Myths About SE As An Oil Producing Region. by dayokanu(m): 8:50pm On Mar 11, 2013
Eziachi:
Wow! this doesn't sound like you. What happened? I knew you got it in you but only a victim of been ethnimatized ( grin) by Nairaland.

I am not agreeing or disagreeing with the OP but at the minimum he should have fact and stats to back it up and not expect us to just believe it because he typed it grin grin
Re: The Myths About SE As An Oil Producing Region. by Eziachi: 8:52pm On Mar 11, 2013
dayokanu:

I am not agreeing or disagreeing with the OP but at the minimum he should have fact and stats to back it up and not expect us to just believe it because he typed it grin grin
I knew it won't last, just before I get my cup of tea grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
And to the op, to say that you got anything going upstairs is equally a good myth.
Re: The Myths About SE As An Oil Producing Region. by Ejine(m): 8:54pm On Mar 11, 2013
The OP celebrates his stupidiity on this thread by thinking Igbos only need oil to survive.

This doofus is also completely unaware of the large quantities of gas found in Imo and Anambra, as well as the decent amount of oil already produced in Imo and Abia, with Anambra recently joining the league.

I was going to give the retarrd an assignment to go check all those oil-producing areas he listed (plus Ogoni) and come back and show us the Dubai they have become with their oyel.

I guess it will make this mooroon sleep better at night by reciting his fairytale to no-one but himself, even though it has long been a fact that no Igbo man sits his black asss on his pavement waiting for proceeds from oil to fall on his laps.

So, biko leave the toad to revel in his dance of idiiocy

1 Like

Re: The Myths About SE As An Oil Producing Region. by seunfly: 9:39pm On Mar 11, 2013
pazienza:
Coming to SE, we don't have oil,yet we want out of nigeria,doesn't that tell you that we believe that we can do without oil?
We have some oil in imo and few in abia,with anambra boasting of some quantities too, but there is more to igboland than presence or lack of oil. What makes most nation great is not really natural resources(though natural resources is an added bonus),what make most nations great is the quality of their human resources,this is what we have in abundance in igboland. What we need is a conducive enviroment,(free of the paranoia and fear of domination of other nigerian groups,that breeds the pull him down spirit),to harness the potentials of our rich human resources,under a competent leadership,to build an igbo country we can be proud of.

You should be thinking the same for your ethnic group,and not spending time worrying about igboman's problem.
Though i am not an igbo person but i realy enjoy this response, it is something the Op have to rumenate about and what all of us(Yoruba, Hausa, ibo, edo, ihrobo, ijaw etc) need to think about and utilise ethnoindividual strength in divercity for the common good of the Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: The Myths About SE As An Oil Producing Region. by OmoTier1(m): 9:46pm On Mar 11, 2013
dayokanu:

Oben and Oredo alone produce more oil than the whole of SE. #Facts. Oredo has one of the biggest gas field yet untapped by NPDC. Go figure..
Re: The Myths About SE As An Oil Producing Region. by Sunnybobo3(m): 9:58pm On Mar 11, 2013
@Op, You forgot to state that the oil producing area of Ondo state is actually the Ijaw area and not Yoruba.
Re: The Myths About SE As An Oil Producing Region. by aljharem(m): 10:08pm On Mar 11, 2013
Omo tire where are you from ? Rivers ?
Re: The Myths About SE As An Oil Producing Region. by aljharem(m): 10:09pm On Mar 11, 2013
BTW, OP the SE has crude oil deposit.
Re: The Myths About SE As An Oil Producing Region. by Ngwakwe: 10:15pm On Mar 11, 2013
Local firm, Addax, strikes oil in Imo
Nigeria's oil and gas industry has recorded another landmark, with Addax Petroleum announcing an onshore oil discovery from the Njaba 2 well (formally Okaka) currently drilling in the eastern part of the OML124 license area of Imo State. Addax Petroleum has a 100 per cent working interest under a Production Sharing Contract (PSC) covering the Oil Mining License 124 (OML124) area, whereby the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) is the concessionaire. The new discovery may likely become one its largest fields in Nigeria. Addax currently produces approximately 6000 barrels per day from the Ossu and Izombe fields in OML124, which is located within Imo State. President and Chief Executive Officer of Addax, Mr. Jean Claude Gandur said, "I am extremely proud to report an excellent start in 2009 with this successful exploration result in Nigeria as it is a leading discovery that has the potential to be one of our largest fields in Nigeria. The Njaba discovery is the first exploration well to be drilled in OML124 since the mid-80's and these results will increase the production potential of the license area considerably, as well as significantly upgrade the remaining undrilled prospects

https://www.nairaland.com/228009/nigerias-largest-onshore-oil-well

http://www.scandoil.com/moxie-bm2/news/addax-petroleum-hits-new-discovery-in-nigeria.shtml

Omo_Tier1:
Oben and Oredo alone produce more oil than the whole of SE. #Facts. Oredo has one of the biggest gas field yet untapped by NPDC. Go figure..
Re: The Myths About SE As An Oil Producing Region. by theripper: 10:19pm On Mar 11, 2013
Looplat is just anoda riff raff. Not to b taken seriously, dude sounds like a more stupid version of CyberG. They both have Igbo-ria-sis
Re: The Myths About SE As An Oil Producing Region. by Abagworo(m): 10:33pm On Mar 11, 2013
People seem to mistake offshore oil with actual oil found on people's soil. The oil and gas belt is clear as day and covers the area between Aba and Warri. Owerri, Onitsha, Uyo and Benin are at the fringe.

1 Like

Re: The Myths About SE As An Oil Producing Region. by OmoTier1(m): 10:50pm On Mar 11, 2013
Abagworo: People seem to mistake offshore oil with actual oil found on people's soil. The oil and gas belt is clear as day and covers the area between Aba and Warri. Owerri, Onitsha, Uyo and Benin are at the fringe.
Dude we are talking about grounds pumping oil and gas like rain falling from heaven not some kettle pot dripping low grade oil undecided
Re: The Myths About SE As An Oil Producing Region. by Afam4eva(m): 11:24pm On Mar 11, 2013
I never knew the oil producing regions have become a Dubai of some sort. SMH
Re: The Myths About SE As An Oil Producing Region. by Dibiachukwu: 12:41am On Mar 12, 2013
Sunny_bobo: @Op, You forgot to state that the oil producing area of Ondo state is actually the Ijaw area and not Yoruba.
watch them decimate you grin
Re: The Myths About SE As An Oil Producing Region. by Dibiachukwu: 12:44am On Mar 12, 2013
Ngwakwe: Local firm, Addax, strikes oil in Imo
Nigeria's oil and gas industry has recorded another landmark, with Addax Petroleum announcing an onshore oil discovery from the Njaba 2 well (formally Okaka) currently drilling in the eastern part of the OML124 license area of Imo State. Addax Petroleum has a 100 per cent working interest under a Production Sharing Contract (PSC) covering the Oil Mining License 124 (OML124) area, whereby the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) is the concessionaire. The new discovery may likely become one its largest fields in Nigeria. Addax currently produces approximately 6000 barrels per day from the Ossu and Izombe fields in OML124, which is located within Imo State. President and Chief Executive Officer of Addax, Mr. Jean Claude Gandur said, "I am extremely proud to report an excellent start in 2009 with this successful exploration result in Nigeria as it is a leading discovery that has the potential to be one of our largest fields in Nigeria. The Njaba discovery is the first exploration well to be drilled in OML124 since the mid-80's and these results will increase the production potential of the license area considerably, as well as significantly upgrade the remaining undrilled prospects

https://www.nairaland.com/228009/nigerias-largest-onshore-oil-well

http://www.scandoil.com/moxie-bm2/news/addax-petroleum-hits-new-discovery-in-nigeria.shtml

A bit of correction. Addax is not a local firm
Re: The Myths About SE As An Oil Producing Region. by Nobody: 12:56am On Mar 12, 2013
OP: Anambra produces crude oil.
Re: The Myths About SE As An Oil Producing Region. by OneNaira6: 1:40am On Mar 12, 2013
Lmfao. SW after making a fool of unaselves over the whole oil blocks things, you people now wants to turn the attention away from your community to Igbo community like always as if anyone made una put attention on yourselves if not for the attention seeking trait. Anyway sha, OP you failed terrible for here. You could have used something that at least will have impact or something Igbo cares about. Till this day, it hasn't knocked in your head, oil isn't a major concern to Igbo people irrespectful of what region. I laugh. First of all, the oil blocks in ondo state belongs to ijaw. Second of all, there are huge oil deposits in Anambra. Oil reserve in ebonyi and some say Enugu too. Some oil producing in IMO, abia, anambra and anioma as well plus the oil reserves in some anioma community. If its up to me, I'm very much in support of closing down the oil blocks in igboland and hiding away the reserves and whatever other oil in both SS and SE Igbo. That sh1t makes people lazy and a curse. Make we just agree with you OP, there is no oil. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

1 Like

Re: The Myths About SE As An Oil Producing Region. by Ilaje44(m): 1:55am On Mar 12, 2013
Sunny_bobo: @Op, You forgot to state that the oil producing area of Ondo state is actually the Ijaw area and not Yoruba.

I normally do not like to engage myself in this kind of Nairaland discussion, nevertheless, there is a need to correct this your erring Submission. Whoever told you that the oil producing Region in Ondo state belongs to the Ijaws does not know anything about the people of Southern Ondo State. Almost all the oil produced in Ondo State comes from Ilaje local Government. It used to be ILAJE ESE ODO local Government. However, after the Ijaw induced Ijaw/Ilaje conflict of not so distant past, the local Government was splitted into ILAJE and ESE ODO local Governments. Ilaje lga is inhabited overwhelmingly by the Ilajes with pockets of some few Ijaw settlements here and there. While Ese Odo is mostly inhabited by Arogbo Ijaws and Apoi Ijaws with some Ilaje and Ikale settlement here and there. In any case, there are more Ilajes in Ese Odo than we have Ijaws in Ilaje lga. Besides, the Apois are linguistically more Ilaje/Ikale than Ijaw. And Ese Odo has no coast. The entire coast of Ondo State belongs to the Ilajes. Therefore, it is a myth to say Ijaw area is producing the oil of Ondo state. Please do take Note, because it has caused a lot of bloodsheding and the spirit and memory of the innocent dead on all side needs to be respected. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: The Myths About SE As An Oil Producing Region. by odumchi: 2:35am On Mar 12, 2013
Pazienza, I like the way you put that. We Igbo are known for our abundance in human resources; we are a people who fashion success and progress out of our hands and sweat rather than complete reliance on others or on mere circumstance.

Igbo nwere ndi eji eme onu. Igbo ebuka.
Re: The Myths About SE As An Oil Producing Region. by Duru1(m): 2:48am On Mar 12, 2013

Ibos where is your oyel?

If your intellect is a free gift, I certainly do not want any of it. It sucks to be you. I know it is not your fault to be dumb but certainly a sociable indictment to flaunt idiocy in the public.
Re: The Myths About SE As An Oil Producing Region. by MajeOfficial: 3:19am On Mar 12, 2013
Edo has native Igbos as well.
Re: The Myths About SE As An Oil Producing Region. by mandarin: 1:32pm On Apr 17, 2013
pazienza:

Who are ndokwa people? I had never heard of an igbo group by the name ndokwa,but if you mean the local government of my favourite igbo musician Ali chukwuma, then i guess you meant to say ukwuani,(ndokwa is but an lga in ukwuani) and yes,they are igbos. Igbos came from different places in the past,only central igbo groups around okigwe-orlu axis claim to have been in igboland as long as they can remember.

On rivers state,you might need to check out Oyigbo lga,they are asa and ndoki tribes of the igbo nation,and the remainder of their people are found in ukwa east and ukwa west of abia state,it was oil politics that was aimed at depriving SE( east central) of any oil producing community that placed them in rivers state, same with egbema in rivers. Coming to SE, we don't have oil,yet we want out of nigeria,doesn't that tell you that we believe that we can do without oil?

Am so impressed by your reply. I don't support separation but a form of unity in diversity. Have you considered a similar form of Regional Government like the days of Western, Eastern and Northern Region competing. Presently we will have more than 10 regions but regions with huge ethnic groups like the Hausa/Fulani,Ijo, Tiv, Yoruba,Igbo Kanuri can form regions why we can also have some small ethnic groups into their own autonomous regions/states etc with economic means e.g. Akwa Ibom groups Rivers groups can make small autonomous enclaves maybe within a larger administrative structure.
Nigeria need not be dismantled, there is so much strengths in diversity.What is wrong in having Hausa /Fulani Arewa Emirates up north as a practicing Islamic region which recognize non Muslims. Its a matter of time when economic competitions become focus of political relevance, religion will become a second factor.
Re: The Myths About SE As An Oil Producing Region. by mandarin: 1:43pm On Apr 17, 2013

Has communities benefited from oil produced in them? all these are just funny. I pray Nigeria evolve out of its many problems as a strong egalitarian society but if there are crises many of you will be surprised many places you think your ethnic group owns wont be theirs, you will see history and original maps that are apolitical just ask of Bakassi. some offshore oil blocks will not be for many present states. You will also learn that you cannot claim water or swamps without a landmass etc etc. The best for all of us is peace. Oil do not make any nation people do

(1) (Reply)

Google search on grammatical blunders -Patience Jonathan / Obama Always Pay For His Food And Expenses In White House. / Rehabilitating the Haramites and GEJ's greatest mistake - CramJones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.