Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,699 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! (13371 Views)

Uyi Iredia, Please Clarify Your Comments On Saudi Arabia!! / TB Joshua Sees A Revolution In Nigeria / Atheism Is Not A Religion! (the Hardcore Debate Version) Challenge To Uyi Iredia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by InesQor(m): 3:20pm On Mar 14, 2013
frank3.16:

well, if we are here to xperience free will, the concept of hell makes no sense then, in fact it confuses the whole point u are making. isnt it obvious that pple are already facing the nagative consequences of free will here on earth? how and why did God choose to settle it all with the concept of hell?

In my opinion the concept of hell as is popularly known is not exactly what the Bible says about hell. That's an entirely different discussion, and will derail this thread beyond repair.
Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by cyrexx: 3:45pm On Mar 14, 2013
InesQor:

In my opinion the concept of hell as is popularly known is not exactly what the Bible says about hell. That's an entirely different discussion, and will derail this thread beyond repair.

The thread is about love of Yahweh and the topic of hell is among the issues that makes many to question his love, so it is in line with this thread. It won't derail.
Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by InesQor(m): 4:15pm On Mar 14, 2013
cyrexx:

The thread is about love of Yahweh and the topic of hell is among the issues that makes many to question his love, so it is in line with this thread. It won't derail.

You're right, it's on topic. I'm mobile now but will revert soonish.
Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by Alfamann: 4:54pm On Mar 14, 2013
InesQor:

What god do you refer to?

yours.
Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by Nobody: 5:03pm On Mar 14, 2013
cyrexx:

We should be concerned only on what Iredia presented are his problems with the love of God. The problem here is an isolated one.
Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by Nobody: 5:05pm On Mar 14, 2013
Reyginus: We should be concerned only on what Iredia presented are his problem with the love of God. The problem here is an isolated one.
lol @ ur sig.. Alexleo no dey take nonsense
Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by Nobody: 5:07pm On Mar 14, 2013
InesQor:

You're right, it's on topic. I'm mobile now but will revert soonish.
I assure you that any attempt to include what Iredia never presented as problem will derail this thread. The thread should be all about Iredia, his doubts and the love of God as regards to the OT. This is a temptation to derail. Except Iredia also has a problem with hell.
Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by Nobody: 5:10pm On Mar 14, 2013
musKeeto:
lol @ ur sig.. Alexleo no dey take nonsense
Lolol. The guy no dey tey vex. How you dey bro?
Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by Kay17: 5:20pm On Mar 14, 2013
InesQor:

But a "true free willed being" with no moral compass whatsoever, and who honours no agreements (even the ones that he made in his freewill, e.g. giving freewill to angels and man) is a tyrant.

However he can choose to either break or be bound by whatever agreement he has with anyone.

I think Uyi Iredia IS taking the path of challenging his faith and its very brave.

The incompatibility of God's acts in the OT and Concept of love might probably lead you to see the Bible as a lens of man in understanding God rather than being God's actual fingerprint (of which invalidation invalidates God), just as Jesus did. He saw the Mosaic laws as laws from Moses.
Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by onyfrank: 5:43pm On Mar 14, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Hold on a minute ! I have not said I'm an atheist. I'm in a questioning state while nominally remaining a Christian. That said I think the book 'Common Sense' by Jean Meslier did the trick. His short simple points made me reconsider my beliefs.
u will never understand life unless u hav a personal encounter with master. Spirituality is beyond human 5 senses.
Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by InesQor(m): 5:50pm On Mar 14, 2013
Alfamann:

yours.

Mine? One cannot be sure since yousaid "god", which is a common noun, not a proper noun or name of an entity and could as well refer to any god whatsoever. In that case let's revisit my quote

InesQor: But a "true free willed being" with no moral compass whatsoever, and who honours no agreements (even the ones that he made in his freewill, e.g. giving freewill to angels and man) is a tyrant.

I never said God is not a true free willed being. I was describing what makes a free willed being a tyrant. I hope you can see what I said, above.
Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by InesQor(m): 5:51pm On Mar 14, 2013
Reyginus: I assure you that any attempt to include what Iredia never presented as problem will derail this thread. The thread should be all about Iredia, his doubts and the love of God as regards to the OT. This is a temptation to derail. Except Iredia also has a problem with hell.
You're right
Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by InesQor(m): 5:56pm On Mar 14, 2013
Kay 17:

However he can choose to either break or be bound by whatever agreement he has with anyone.

I think Uyi Iredia IS taking the path of challenging his faith and its very brave.

The incompatibility of God's acts in the OT and Concept of love might probably lead you to see the Bible as a lens of man in understanding God rather than being God's actual fingerprint (of which invalidation invalidates God), just as Jesus did. He saw the Mosaic laws as laws from Moses.

A God of integrity will not break agreements just because he is omnipotent and has free will and nobody can stop him.
Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by frank317: 6:23pm On Mar 14, 2013
InesQor:

A God of integrity will not break agreements just because he is omnipotent and has free will and nobody can stop him.

again i ask, agreement with who?
Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by InesQor(m): 6:40pm On Mar 14, 2013
frank3.16:

again i ask, agreement with who?

Agreement with man through Adam. God gave him dominion. Dominion means he has the freewill to exert authority here on earth. This is the explicit agreement.

There is also the implicit agreement: i.e. Man knows that he can make decisions as long as he is alive. God will not take this away at any time.
Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by frank317: 7:24pm On Mar 14, 2013
InesQor:

Agreement with man through Adam. God gave him dominion. Dominion means he has the freewill to exert authority here on earth. This is the explicit agreement.

There is also the implicit agreement: i.e. Man knows that he can make decisions as long as he is alive. God will not take this away at any time.

ok, its just that i wish i was there, its just that i have a feeling that God knew that even if i was there, i would have still acted the same way adam did, this begs the question. way are we taking the pains of what God shuld have avoided.
Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by SNCOQ3(m): 7:49pm On Mar 14, 2013
Perfect Balance.

Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by Nobody: 8:48pm On Mar 14, 2013
@Uyi, about Argument A, it is true that the argument can be set up. It perhaps could go thus:

1. Killing innocent children in order to forgive people is brutal.

2. The Christian God killed an innocent child in order to forgive a people.

3. Therefore the Christian God is brutal.

By implication, this argument continues:

1. A brutal God is not loving.

2. The Christian God is brutal.

3. Therefore the Christian God is not loving.

If you agree, we can address it too. To move the discussion along more quickly, I propose we take the arguments simultaneously. Indicate your willingness or lack of it and we'll proceed or quit.

1 Like

Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by Nobody: 8:54pm On Mar 14, 2013
Ihedinobi: @Uyi, about Argument A, it is true that the argument can be set up. It perhaps could go thus:

1. Killing innocent children in order to forgive people is brutal.

2. The Christian God killed an innocent child in order to forgive a people.

3. Therefore the Christian God is brutal.

By implication, this argument continues:

1. A brutal God is not loving.

2. The Christian God is brutal.

3. Therefore the Christian God is not loving.

If you agree, we can address it too. To move the discussion along more quickly, I propose we take the arguments simultaneously. Indicate your willingness or lack of it and we'll proceed or quit.

Uyi must be tired of your failed attempts to make him believe that the christian God is loving.

Also, why not let Uyi set up his own argument?

I noticed the Anonyism trick you embedded in your modal argument

2) Jesus christ was not an innocent child, he was a willing partcipant in the forgiveness of mankind.

cool
Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by Nobody: 9:05pm On Mar 14, 2013
Logicboy03:

Uyi must be tired of your failed attempts to make him believe that the christian God is loving.

Also, why not let Uyi set up his own argument?

I noticed the Anonyism trick you embedded in your modal argument

2) Jesus christ was not an innocent child, he was a willing partcipant in the forgiveness of mankind.

cool

Lol. It so happens that I'm in no mood for your anti-intellectualism tonight.
Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by Nobody: 9:13pm On Mar 14, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Translation; logicboy exposed me and I must run!
Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by wiegraf: 12:26am On Mar 15, 2013
Logicboy03:

See what thinking like an paranoid christian who always suspect atheists does to you?

We all talk about our private beliefs here on the religion section. Stop making eba out of a grain of garri

That's not the issue here. The issue is he should be the one starting the thread, not you. And you're the one making eba, else you'd have dropped this. But meh

Random: Faulty arguments abound ITT, but meh

Just for the record I spell god god on purpose. On occasion, I spell it dog. When really pissed, I bring out a jesusfingchristliterally.jpg, but I usually spell Jesus Jesus. I can dig Jesus, he's ok.
Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by Nobody: 12:31am On Mar 15, 2013
wiegraf:

That's not the issue here. The issue is he should be the one starting the thread, not you. And you're the one making eba, else you'd have dropped this. But meh

Random: Faulty arguments abound ITT, but meh

Just for the record I spell god god on purpose. On occasion, I spell it dog. When really pissed, I bring out a jesusfingchristliterally.jpg, but I usually spell Jesus Jesus. I can dig Jesus, he's ok.

lol...you're one crazy guy..... smiley

You still havent told us if you're German or something......what kind of nigga has a name/username like Weigraff? Where did that come from?
Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by wiegraf: 12:41am On Mar 15, 2013
Logicboy03:

lol...you're one crazy guy..... smiley

You still havent told us if you're German or something......what kind of nigga has a name/username like Weigraff? Where did that come from?

https://www.nairaland.com/1063577/ageing-regenerative-medicine-purpose-life#12411145
Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by InesQor(m): 1:06am On Mar 15, 2013
wiegraf:

Finally, I get one answer to my question on the use of English. You do it deliberately / out of spite. Well understood.
Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by Nobody: 1:08am On Mar 15, 2013
InesQor:

Finally, I get one answer to my question on the use of English. You do it deliberately / out of spite. Well understood.

#desperation
Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by wiegraf: 2:10am On Mar 15, 2013
InesQor:

I do that to all things I have no respect for. No respect does not necessarily mean spite. Sometimes I'm just careless, but yes, in this case it's deliberate.

As for @mazaje, I don't think he capitalizes most words actually (including his handle iirc, like me), spite or no. I doubt it's personal in any way.

Time to get to work or derail elsewhere...
Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by Nobody: 2:46am On Mar 15, 2013
wiegraf:

I do that to all things I have no respect for. No respect does not necessarily mean spite. Sometimes I'm just careless, but yes, in this case it's deliberate.

As for @mazaje, I don't think he capitalizes most words actually (including his handle iirc, like me), spite or no. I doubt it's personal in any way.

Time to get to work or derail elsewhere...

I find this most odd. Its either God doesnt exist or He does and you dont respect Him. You cant have it both ways. I find it funny that those who claim God doesnt exist appear to exhibit the most virulent causeless hatred for His mere name.

1 Like

Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by wiegraf: 3:16am On Mar 15, 2013
davidylan:

I find this most odd. Its either God doesnt exist or He does and you dont respect Him. You cant have it both ways. I find it funny that those who claim God doesnt exist appear to exhibit the most virulent causeless hatred for His mere name.

Why yes, my good rabid thoughtless chiwawa. Notice the use of the word 'thing'. You know, lots of things can be 'things', like your fairy tale dog.

Virulent hatred where? Seriously. Don't project on me good ser

2 Likes

Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by Nobody: 4:03am On Mar 15, 2013
wiegraf:

Why yes, my good rabid thoughtless chiwawa. Notice the use of the word 'thing'. You know, lots of things can be 'things', like your fairy tale dog.

Virulent hatred where? Seriously. Don't project on me good ser
hehehe, thought twas a bulldog.. Scratch that (flea)
Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by alexleo(m): 8:35am On Mar 15, 2013
Ihedinobi:

No, dont be tired bros. General overseer, holy ghost holocaust ministry. When you succeed in converting them by your much effort we shall humbly come and lay our offerings at your feet for the great feat you achieved. Go on brother.
Re: Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! by Alfamann: 8:37am On Mar 15, 2013
alexleo:

No, dont be tired bros. General overseer, holy ghost holocaust ministry. When you succeed in converting them by your much effort we shall humbly come and lay our offerings at your feet for the great feat you achieved. Go on brother.

hahahahahaha. grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

What Is Assumption Of Mary / Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? / Do Christians Need To Confess Their Sins? See Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.