Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,579 members, 7,816,428 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers - NYSC (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers (55714 Views)

Ogun State Corp Members Decamped For Sexual Activities. / Decamped From Nysc Batch C 2014 Camp: My Story / Female Corper Decamped For Slapping A Male Corper in Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Slankey: 2:22am On Mar 13, 2013
Some Nigerians are still backward in this 21st century. She refused to wear trousers because of her faith? What about there that wore it. I wish shelves in Finland or even Winnipeg in Canada where the weather is a slow as -40, nobody will tell her enforce she jumps to wearing trousers. This is hypocrisy. She should rot wherever she's decamped to! Kmfft!!!

1 Like

Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by iswell1(m): 2:38am On Mar 13, 2013
her pastor is the problem that is what they touch her.
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Hillaco: 2:42am On Mar 13, 2013
i don,t think trouser is the major issue the most be something else.
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Nobody: 2:54am On Mar 13, 2013
Slankey: Some Nigerians are still backward in this 21st century. She refused to wear trousers because of her faith? What about there that wore it. I wish shelves in Finland or even Winnipeg in Canada where the weather is a slow as -40, nobody will tell her enforce she jumps to wearing trousers. This is hypocrisy. She should rot wherever she's decamped to! Kmfft!!!
LMFAO!! as in ehn..
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by honeric01(m): 2:55am On Mar 13, 2013
safarigirl: Why infringe on her 'rights'? Make dem leave her, by the time she has to do the tight-rope walk, shebi she will climb a ladder and be high up, then everyone can see what's underneath.

Foolish girl! NYSC has been there wayyy before her father even sabi wetin woman be and it's been the same, na she wan come form activist pass....sister you're on your own, ask your pastor, even his sister wore trousers for her own camp, various female Pastors wore trouser, no be only you.

If you check now, she's either a graduate of polytechnic or studied one mumu course like Guidance and Counseling

In your small mind, you don make sense abi? why are you bringing her father into this discussion? when exactly did NYSC start? what makes you think her father is not older than Nigeria itself?

Let her worry about the whole scenario you painted, worry about your own life, you call her foolish but she's standing for what she believes in, you that's not foolish, what do you stand for?

How does her decision affect your life that you have decided to insult her, her background, her parents, her education? someone you have never met in your damn life? what the hell is wrong with morals? if you were around me and you talk this way, believe me, i'll so whitewash you with words that you won't be left with any to say again! angry angry angry

You are even judging her educational background because she refused to join you in your wind-like lifestyle? all these hypocrites self. most of them don't talk this way when they go to church o, but outside, they can insult, do and un-do.

@topic

She has the right to refuse wearing trousers because she's not the first and won't be the last. not everyone believe in the liberal Christianity lifestyle in vogue now and such people should be respected (their opinions) as long as it's not affecting anyone's life. (There's exemption in the NYSC rules)
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by OkochiZico(m): 3:03am On Mar 13, 2013
Why'll this happen to xtians, how many times have they decamped all these Muslem girls that'll refuse to uncover their face while in camp? Abi no be believe be that?
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by dagr8(m): 3:16am On Mar 13, 2013
Akpa ife: Man make u no wear woman garment n woman make u no wear man cloth dats wht d bible said respect d law of God n fear God,human u dey hear?

So is trouser man's cloth?

What about shirts and t-shirts? are dey 4 man or woman?

sureteeboy: some of you don't know what you are writing. It's a great pity billions of people are going to hell. Who told you wearing a trouser is allowed in christianity. Deut 22:5 says " A WOMAN SHALL NOT WEAR THAT WHICH PERTAINETH UNTO A MAN...... .
It's a great pity this country is in what it is by just copying a nation controlled by devil (USA) .do you obey God or the government?

Can u tell me where d Bible says "And the trousers shall be for men" or is men's trouser same with women trouser

Why are women wearing shirt/t-shirt? that one too should be men's cloth na

see d way u are judging people to hell...SMH 4 u...
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by dagr8(m): 3:18am On Mar 13, 2013
Damitism: Go and read deuteronomy 22:5
come and quote deuteronomy 22:5
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by eforce: 4:18am On Mar 13, 2013
i have never had of her church but all MFM, deeper life and CAC members have been serving for years and wearing the trousers, even NCCF doesn't allow sisters to wear any other trouser apart from the NYSC trouser. It is not her fault, it is the effect of religion which is key in Nigeria. Left to me, everybody including those wearing hijabs that cannot dress properly should be sent out of camp, this is a paramilitary excercise and there is a required outfit.
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Geophem(m): 4:21am On Mar 13, 2013
[quote
author=Okochi Zico]Why'll this happen to xtians, how many times have
they decamped all these Muslem girls that'll refuse to uncover their
face while in camp? Abi no be believe be that?[/quote] my questn is did d hijab sister refuse to wear trouser?did nysc stop d lady frm tying scarf even d one dt covers her ears? hmm think! am a xtian too
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Nobody: 4:21am On Mar 13, 2013
50calibre: This NYSC people should learn to respect people's religious beliefs and choices.
Some people should just stay in their homes if they can't blend to the rules and regulations of NYSC. Why did she not do her NYSC at her church, and let her pastors award her a certificate for that.
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Nobody: 4:25am On Mar 13, 2013
khadaffi: This is a simple matter. The dress code for NYSC includes trousers and she and her pastors are aware of this so since she ain't ready to wear one she should have applied for exemption on that ground.
Good point. Some Xtians and their pastors are just trouble makers.

1 Like

Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Nobody: 4:31am On Mar 13, 2013
blamelessly: Abeg ppl quoting Deut 22:5, should get their facts right. In that Age, men were not wearing trousers, they wore long gowns. Trousers came into fashion much later after d bible was written.
That same Bible is still applicable regardless of the transition. Bringing it down to our culture...we all know what belongs to men, women. What the bible is asking for is that let there be clear distinction in our dress sense. Let the woman not put on what pertains to the man.. And vice versa. Maybe we shouldn't go too far by comparing our culture and dispensation with others. Simple obedience to His word in our 'context', in our dispensation is what God demands, and these are not grievous nor too much of a ask, right? smiley Shalom.
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Onlyhandsome(m): 4:36am On Mar 13, 2013
[quote author=alpha conde]ABEOKUTA – Reactions have started trailing the decamping of
2013 Batch A, female corps member, Ms Tolu Ekundayo, by the
National Youth Service Corps, NYSC, Ogun State for wearing skirt
at the Shagamu orientation camp.
In a press conference organised by Ekundayo’s church, Faith Revival
Apostolic Church, FRAC, in Lagos, the expelled corps member said
she was asked to leave the camp at about 11.00pm on March 8,
2013 by the Ogun State NYSC Co-ordinator, for her refusal to
put on trousers.
She explained that her refusal to wear trousers was not in
disobedience to NYSC authorities but in line with her belief and faith
in God.
Also speaking, Apostle Paul Adenuga condemned the manner in which
Ekundayo was expelled from the camp in the dead of the night
without considering her safety and called on the Director-General
of NYSC and the federal government to look into the matter
before it gets out of hand.
“I call on Nigerians, mostly Christians that stand for the truth, not
only to jointly condemn this barbaric and bestial act but to engage in
constructive dialogue with the concerned authority for the change
of such policy if it is official.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/03/church-condemns-sack-of-corps-member-over-refusal-to-wear-trousers/

have u not heard '' give ceaser what belongs to it n God what belongs to Him..'' wearing d trouser dos not send her to hell. Bsyd she wud hav collected exemtion instead goin to insult hersef over dia. Now both d discharge n exemption cert. No one wil b given to her again. Pple wan turn dis religion to anoda tin ooo
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Nobody: 4:38am On Mar 13, 2013
#80million:
okay
Ma
ma mia,,ok she want to imitate JENNY DEGADO of CNN.
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by chuksozy: 4:45am On Mar 13, 2013
Acidosis: God punish the coordinator and those praising the barbaric act of the person ignoramus brainless coordinator...

Why on earth would any bastard in a bastard dominated country like ours deprive one of his/her faith??

What happens to those reverend sisters on campus, medical schools with a dress code?

How about those NTA female journalists who wear hijab?

What happens to northern secondary school female students?

How about muslim corp members?

The fact that you're comfortable wearing a trouser like your husband doesn't mean those against it are wrong or dum. b... It is what they believe and whether some will go to hell is no one business to judge...

The only problem is: It will be too late to change your believe by the time the truth is unveiled.. be it skirt or trouser or wrapper or hijab or gown or scarf or brazillian or togolese..
grin
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by deols(f): 4:53am On Mar 13, 2013
Here we go again....

Why should people be made to wear what they dont want to wear and why should people not be allowed to wear what they want to wear?

If the NYSC wasnt made compulsory, you can blame her. But for making it compulsory, the government must respect people's values.
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by jacob2012(m): 5:10am On Mar 13, 2013
pls dont condemn Ms Ekundayo.she is acting according to her belif. I thank God for her for her stand, what are you standing for? Last Olympic that was held @ S/A. Iran female perticipant put on HIJJAB whch was against the rules of d Game.after alot of considratn she was allowed.
Sis Ekundayo, i love u courage. We need people like you in christdom.not like the fork that will sleep wth Man-O-War because of postin
Ms Ekundayo, i hail you
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by tintingz(m): 5:13am On Mar 13, 2013
ighoosagie:
U no man and woman garment?
Go wear woman trouser go church since all trouser na for men. Metcheeeew
trousers are meant for men but the white people invented women trouser...
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by deols(f): 5:16am On Mar 13, 2013
Did someone say you can apply for exemption, I would love to do that.

One whole wasted year? I no want.grin
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by tintingz(m): 5:16am On Mar 13, 2013
Cori_corde: That verse was referring to people who dressed themselves to look like men, for perverse reasons. Besides, I don't think God looks at us and notices our clothes. Clothes don't matter to God, do they?
so why are you dressed up...?
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by eghosarita: 5:19am On Mar 13, 2013
alpha conde: ABEOKUTA – Reactions have started trailing the decamping of
2013 Batch A, female corps member, Ms Tolu Ekundayo, by the
National Youth Service Corps, NYSC, Ogun State for wearing skirt
at the Shagamu orientation camp.
In a press conference organised by Ekundayo’s church, Faith Revival
Apostolic Church, FRAC, in Lagos, the expelled corps member said
she was asked to leave the camp at about 11.00pm on March 8,
2013 by the Ogun State NYSC Co-ordinator, for her refusal to
put on trousers.
She explained that her refusal to wear trousers was not in
disobedience to NYSC authorities but in line with her belief and faith
in God.
Also speaking, Apostle Paul Adenuga condemned the manner in which
Ekundayo was expelled from the camp in the dead of the night
without considering her safety and called on the Director-General
of NYSC and the federal government to look into the matter
before it gets out of hand.
“I call on Nigerians, mostly Christians that stand for the truth, not
only to jointly condemn this barbaric and bestial act but to engage in
constructive dialogue with the concerned authority for the change
of such policy if it is official.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/03/church-condemns-sack-of-corps-member-over-refusal-to-wear-trousers/

oh pls, did the Bible not tell her to obey the authorities because God put them there, Jesus Christ paid tax, what did He say, give what is Ceaser to Ceasar and God to God. The funny thing is that now that she has been decamped she ll go back and beg and that trouser she refused initailly she ll still end up wearing it, what she acted was an act of rebellion and not any obedience to her faith, before she went she knows, the kit is trouser and not skirt, what she should have done was to exempt herself from service based on her belief not to go and be rebellious. Its bad that she was sent out by 11pm, but u know its a paramilitary camp, their actions are like that so. I am a member of MFM, it is well known that we don't wear trousers, but we when d job or assignment calls for it, its either u don't participate or u put it on for the purpose of the job, so let's forget belief. SHE WAS WRONG AND REBELLIOUS SO LET HER FACE THE CONSEQUENCES.

1 Like

Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by tintingz(m): 5:21am On Mar 13, 2013
Okochi Zico: Why'll this happen to xtians, how many times have they decamped all these Muslem girls that'll refuse to uncover their face while in camp? Abi no be believe be that?
they dont cover their face in camp...where do you see such? Muslim girls wear trousers during parade and even put on the cap after the hijab...
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by eghosarita: 5:23am On Mar 13, 2013
jacob2012: pls dont condemn Ms Ekundayo.she is acting according to her belif. I thank God for her for her stand, what are you standing for? Last Olympic that was held @ S/A. Iran female perticipant put on HIJJAB whch was against the rules of d Game.after alot of considratn she was allowed.
Sis Ekundayo, i love u courage. We need people like you in christdom.not like the fork that will sleep wth Man-O-War because of postin
sorry its not courage, it is called rebellion, where her courage would have worked for her was to say bullshit to NYSC, afterall she knows that's been the atire in ages she can't change it now, how did she expect to use skirt on d field, the funniest thing is that that same girl wears a tight inside her skirt and she now wants to say she cannot put on trouser for the sake of NYSC, oh pls

2 Likes

Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by tintingz(m): 5:26am On Mar 13, 2013
dagr8:

So is trouser man's cloth?

What about shirts and t-shirts? are dey 4 man or woman?

Can u tell me where d Bible says "And the trousers shall be for men" or is men's trouser same with women trouser

Why are women wearing shirt/t-shirt? that one too should be men's cloth na

see d way u are judging people to hell...SMH 4 u...
in old England men wear trouser and women wear gown. . . .
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by eghosarita: 5:29am On Mar 13, 2013
eforce: i have never had of her church but all MFM, deeper life and CAC members have been serving for years and wearing the trousers, even NCCF doesn't allow sisters to wear any other trouser apart from the NYSC trouser. It is not her fault, it is the effect of religion which is key in Nigeria. Left to me, everybody including those wearing hijabs that cannot dress properly should be sent out of camp, this is a paramilitary excercise and there is a required outfit.
Good talk, her problem was rebellion and ignorance, she's d type that drags the christian race on the ground, simple obedience or abstinence would have saved her and the Christian race all these embaracement. May God help us in Jesus name, Amen!

1 Like

Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by dagr8(m): 5:34am On Mar 13, 2013
OlowoTee:
That same Bible is still applicable regardless of the transition. Bringing it down to our culture...we all know what belongs to men, women. What the bible is asking for is that let there be clear distinction in our dress sense. Let the woman not put on what pertains to the man.. And vice versa. Maybe we shouldn't go too far by comparing our culture and dispensation with others. Simple obedience to His word in our 'context', in our dispensation is what God demands, and these are not grievous nor too much of a ask, right? smiley Shalom.
Where was it define...Do you also wear shirts and t-shirts? Dont you know that shirt is what pertains to man grin

Don't tell me we have female shirts...

Come to think of it why are people making a BIG thing out of DEut 22:5 and nobody is saying anything about Deut 22:9 and 11 while what is more important is John 15:17
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Nobody: 5:49am On Mar 13, 2013
50calibre: This NYSC people should learn to respect people's religious beliefs and choices.

Religious people should also learn to obey the laws of the land.... If she isn't comfortable with it, she should have stayed home, and not expect a whole law be changed, just because of her faith.

I will never go to Saudi Arabia because I believe in drinking alcohol in the open, under the tree. The Saudi law doesn't permit that, so it's better I stay put.

There is also no christian rationale for her not wearing trousers.

Firtsly, jesus obeyed authority by encouraging his followers to pay taxes..

Secondly, christianity isn't obsessed with doctrines and traditions but your thoughts and actions. Remember jesus said it isn't what goes into a man that corrupts him, but what comes out of a man.

Lastly, if wearing trousers is sin, then hell is gonna be full of women. She should look at the practicality and comfort wearing it... If she goes to europe or north america, where temperatures can be -30 C, won't she wear leggings or trousers? Even the female missionaries that brought christianity to her ancestors wore trousers to prevent some nasty insects biting their legs.

n
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by bizlinks(m): 5:49am On Mar 13, 2013
Pretenders do the worst, is she the only born again/born b4 2 serve,even her pastor's wife wore it if she realy went to school cos thats the only copers outfit. If she dont wanna wear,let her go2 his church & get employd as a full time prayer worrior
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by pgiddy(m): 5:54am On Mar 13, 2013
Although I don't quite agree with her ideology, she knew wat she wass going to expect in Camp. But my ish is dat there is a reverend catholic sister in dis same Ogun camp where I am presently in shagamu for my 3wks batch A Orientation, diss Sister never whrs even d white-white we do wear, nt to talk of khaki, she is always on her bluue catholic gown evvrytime even on parade ground. So I tink there is a disparity here,dis is a vry big issue.
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Oahray: 6:07am On Mar 13, 2013
cyril83: hypocrisy is a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess while resilence is tendency to cope with stress and adversity. Stop taking ojo for aina.
hmmm... Wedding your explanation and your claim, she's a hypocrite cos she was PRETENDING to have a 'no-trouser' PRINCIPLE, right? Guy if I tell you my mind now, you go say na insult. In the face of POSSIBLE EVICTION, she was still able to MAINTAIN HER STAND and you say that isn't resilience?

You've got a problem with english, man! The silly urge to pronounce someone else a hypocrite so you can sound better off, just makes it harder for you.
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by nenergy(m): 6:13am On Mar 13, 2013
The bible says "obey authority". even Jesus paid tax! Just wear the thing..only 10 months

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply)

Edo Corper, Gbadamosi OluwaMayowa, Arrested For Sleeping With His Student / Fake Corper Arrested At Akwa Ibom NYSC Orientation Camp By Police (Photos) / See What A Nairalander Did When He Collected His NYSC Discharge Certificate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.