Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,557 members, 7,816,346 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers - NYSC (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers (55712 Views)

Ogun State Corp Members Decamped For Sexual Activities. / Decamped From Nysc Batch C 2014 Camp: My Story / Female Corper Decamped For Slapping A Male Corper in Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by gerald09(m): 12:31am On Mar 13, 2013
50calibre: This NYSC people should learn to respect people's religious beliefs and choices.

Y should it? This ® d kind of people dey call religious extremist. Wanting a whole nation to change its tradition just to suit a religious beliefs not even finkin on anybody else is as worst as bombing a church. Boko haram is doin it so y don't u say Nigeria should respect its "religious beliefs" n give them wat dey want or na because dis tym its a "church tin". HYPOCRITES!!!
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Oahray: 12:32am On Mar 13, 2013
ebosed:

dont be rude guy. all i am saying is that both of them should fact find their convictions becos they might be sincerely wrong..sincerely raped at 11pm...sincerely fired at 8am
I simply replied the same way you did. I admired the way she stood up for her conviction and you brought 'lunatic' into the issue, remember?
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by asudan: 12:34am On Mar 13, 2013
tablet_girl: Errr, so in other words give unto the devils what is the devils? If you go to hollywood, they dress half naked, you go follow suit? The Bible is not an old document now obselete. It is past tense, present tense and future tense. You think God did not know what today would be like He had the Bible written through scholars filled with the Holy Spirit? The word of God says a woman shall not put on that which belongs to a man. No matter the no of Pastors the "christian" world look up to that say it is alright, it is not. The Bible says there is no respect of persons, if you remove one word of the bible, the person is accursed. The Bible says women should not speak in church, no matter the pastors that say it is alright to have women preachers, it is not. The Bible says our hair is our covering, it should not be cut, a woman's hair is her glory, no matter who says otherwise, let every man's word be a lie...His Word is true. I am christian. I wear no trousers, no make up, no earrings. I am proud of who i am. It is not not wearing these things that will take you to heaven, but the Life of Christ in YOU. Too religious? U no know wetin time de talk. Look at the news, look at the Bible, you will know it is future tense indeed. What is the "pass" you will show when you get to heaven's portals? Hw did you stay with the Word of God? So many Pastors are leading people astray, blessings, blessings, blessings. What about the soul? One naira will not follow anyone to the grave. The Bible says make your calling and election sure. Have you? Dear sweet Goldie was not too pretty for death. I don't know her but i cried. So young and vital. The only sure thing is knowing Jesus. Have ever experienced His Presence in your room, in the taxi, in church? Do you talk to Him and hear Him whisper words of love to your heart,has He filled you and off your bad habits and everything you used to be that is not in Him? If no, run for your life. Talk to Him today, there is nooooo time. I deeply respect that girl. Heaven will take note even if no one else does. I deeply apologise for this long comment. Sisom, i am not really directing thing to you, but to everyone. Please, dont be upset, just pained me no one even thought she did the right thing. It matters, no matter who tells you it doesnt. People will be judged by the Word of God, not any preacher's notes unless unless they tally u know. As it was it in the days of Noah....even that should show another landmark reached in the Bible. God bless always. TG quote author=Sisom]it is good to serve the lord but the bible also said give to ceaser what belongs to ceaser. in other words when in rome behave like the romans
talking about women not speaking in church,it is jewish law,moreover Jehovah wouldn't have been using women today to preach the gospel.read other translations u will see that apostle Paul said it cos most women talk alot.
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Nobody: 12:36am On Mar 13, 2013
akthedream: If some lecturers ask you to donate ur kitty in order to pass ur exams,would you?Knowing well that it is the norm in most higher institutions?..Mrs Ceasar.
and what does this question have to do with anything? undecided undecided
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by ebosed: 12:36am On Mar 13, 2013
[quote author=Oahray] I simply replied the same way you did. I admired the way she stood up for her conviction and you brought 'lunatic' into the issue, remember? [/quote

thats figure of speech. our convictions cant just be enough. period.
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by cyril83(m): 12:37am On Mar 13, 2013
Oahray: you chose to disbelieve the 11pm info, but believed the report about her LEAVING CAMP ON HER OWN. Na wa for your bias.

If you knew what 'hypocrite' mean, you wouldn't call her that. Hypocrites are pretenders, and no hypocrite would keep up the pretense if it would land him in trouble. Brainwashed? Maybe. Fanatic? Maybe. Resilience? Definitely!
hypocrisy is a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess while resilence is tendency to cope with stress and adversity. Stop taking ojo for aina.
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by ebosed: 12:37am On Mar 13, 2013
[quote author=Oahray] I simply replied the same way you did. I admired the way she stood up for her conviction and you brought 'lunatic' into the issue, remember? [/quote

thats figure of speech. our convictions cant just be enough. period. osama is convinced. bh are too
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by speaktome(m): 12:44am On Mar 13, 2013
OH! I remember one of d christian tracts i read somtimes ago dat says

"OTHERS MAY BUT I CAN NOT"

My sister tank God 4 U. Dey only decamped u 4rm NYSC CAMP... Hold unto ur faith bkos soon u r goin 2 encamp in HEAVEN
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Almustee(m): 12:46am On Mar 13, 2013
tank god she is nt muslim
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Maximus85(m): 12:49am On Mar 13, 2013
fubbyy: Didn't she knew trouser is what she would wear in camp?Why should she refuse to wear trouser? What's wrong with trouser? the remaining thousands that wore it will go to hell abi?
Gbagaun!
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by gerald09(m): 12:49am On Mar 13, 2013
Well, the thread said a female corper was decamped for refusing to where trouser, n the author was tryin to say the corper refused to wear trouser because of her religious beliefs so don't blame any1 for jt recognising that section. Obviously it was a horrible tin to do what dey did she didn't have to leave. The question is was she pushed out dat night and y did the rest of the corp member allow it or was she told to leave n with vex she jt comot n later realised it was dat late? except the coordinator bundled her to d hustle packed her bags dem bundled her out of camp cos I am 100% sure d soldiers wuld not hav don dat, I still believe d 11pm tin was jt added to make d story sound more sympathetic to her religious extremity.
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by osifred(m): 12:51am On Mar 13, 2013
Damitism: Go and read deuteronomy 22:5

I think you lack understanding to that scripture. Did the passage categorically mention trouser?
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by gerald09(m): 12:52am On Mar 13, 2013
speaktome: OH! I remember one of d christian tracts i read somtimes ago dat says

"OTHERS MAY BUT I CAN NOT"

My sister tank God 4 U. Dey only decamped u 4rm NYSC CAMP... Hold unto ur faith bkos soon u r goin 2 encamp in HEAVEN

Yes ooh! Until heaven realises u from Nigeria.
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by safarigirl(f): 12:52am On Mar 13, 2013
Oahray: Na english dey confuse you. She was asked to comply (wear trousers) OR LEAVE. How is that not throwing her out? For someone hellbent on not wearing trousers, that is as good as throwing her out, and at 11pm for that matter!
nah!

*plays out the scenario in my head*

Girl is called into co-ordinator's office, co-ordinator questions girl on disobedience, girl insists trousers are against her 'faith', co-ordinator gives girl option, "comply by the rules or leave first thing by morning"

Girl feels cheated, begins to rant about the persecution of Christians, going further to quote references in the bible, speaks on Revelations, drops the "I serve a living God who will fight for me" line, insists on leaving immediately so as not to blemish her faith, co-ordinator no send any overgrown baby, they let her go.

Most of these 'born again' christians tend to be irrational in thoughts and spontaneous in actions...if say dem been r@p3 her (and it's much faster to r@p3 someone in a skirt) na so she for blame NYSC

1 Like

Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Oahray: 12:54am On Mar 13, 2013
ebosed: thats figure of speech. our convictions cant just be enough. period. osama is convinced. bh are too
quit the mind games, man. You can't possibly be better than me at it.

Meanwhile, her resilience is what I praised, not the correctness of her beliefs. If you cannot note the difference, I cannot help you.

Osama and bh were/are spurred on by conviction and so was the co-ordinator who sent her packing. So were the Wright brothers who believed their plane would fly and was worth the effort. So were other inventors and discoverers. You really have no point, mr.
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Oahray: 12:57am On Mar 13, 2013
safarigirl: nah!

*plays out the scenario in my head*

Girl is called into co-ordinator's office, co-ordinator questions girl on disobedience, girl insists trousers are against her 'faith', co-ordinator gives girl option, "comply by the rules or leave first thing by morning"

Girl feels cheated, begins to rant about the persecution of Christians, going further to quote references in the bible, speaks on Revelations, drops the "I serve a living God who will fight for me" line, insists on leaving immediately so as not to blemish her faith, co-ordinator no send any overgrown baby, they let her go.

Most of these 'born again' christians tend to be irrational in thoughts and spontaneous in actions...if say dem been r@p3 her (and it's much faster to r@p3 someone in a skirt) na so she for blame NYSC
She chose to leave in the dead of the night when she was not asked to?

Can you testify as an eye witness in a law court that that is exactly what happened without running the risk of perjury?
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Nobody: 12:59am On Mar 13, 2013
nikkypearl: HAPPY 33RD BIRTHDAY TO CHIOMA CHUKWUKA AKPOTHA
Make a u turn and try next topic
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by frankobaba(m): 1:01am On Mar 13, 2013
Chrichigo: Mehn!.....dis is lack of ignorance....why didnt Jesus refused to obey d laws of land wen he was on earth......is beta u reason b4 u act..

BOOM-CHaka...i don kill one!. This is Shaolin English flying.
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by cyril83(m): 1:04am On Mar 13, 2013
Maximus85:
Gbagaun!
who says English is easy? Mr gramarian! Oya answer this question by fill in the gap

......i don't have sense
(A) Yes
(B) No

What's your answer?
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Nobody: 1:07am On Mar 13, 2013
tintingz: yes something like...

“A woman shall not wear a man's garment, nor shall a man
put on a woman's cloak, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord your
God. (Deuteromy 22:5)

But she should have put on the khaki trouser since she knew about the khaki trouser in camp. . .atleast not for long, many hijab sisters wear the khaki trouser during camp... smiley
U no man and woman garment?
Go wear woman trouser go church since all trouser na for men. Metcheeeew

1 Like

Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Oahray: 1:08am On Mar 13, 2013
*yawns*
I'm out jare. The deed has been done. The babe probably has already been scolded seriously by her parents. My argument here based on what I read cannot change what truly happened. grin
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by cyril83(m): 1:09am On Mar 13, 2013
Oahray: She chose to leave in the dead of the night when she was not asked to?

Can you testify as an eye witness in a law court that that is exactly what happened without running the risk of perjury?
Abeg deck your baseless arguement dude! You are so full of assumptions. Besides you can as well use your numba six to solve the equation, the light out is 10pm and the news claimed she left 11pm.
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Nobody: 1:09am On Mar 13, 2013
cyril83: who says English is easy? Mr gramarian! Oya answer this question by fill in the gap

......i don't have sense
(A) Yes
(B) No

What's your answer?
U b real odeh, since u nor no different btw question and anwer, watin dey there to answer wen u don already tell us say u no get sense. Metcheeeew.
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by pillarinfotech: 1:22am On Mar 13, 2013
i am of opinion that they should sack that nysc state coordinator for that stupid action...
And for the benefits of those that will be heading to hell fire unknowingly hear this....man should not wear female's clothes as well as women....it is written in DEUTERONOMY 22:5...IT IS AN ABOMINATION UNTO GOD...BEWARE...DONT SAY UR PASTOR OR UR CHURCH DIDNT TELL YOU...RUN FOR UR LIFE NOW....IF UR CHURCH CAN NOT CHANGE U, U CHANGE UR CHURCH....

1 Like

Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by ITANAMI(m): 1:24am On Mar 13, 2013
emmatok: But Muslims women wears Hijab in Camp
not on parade ground
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by onuawuchi: 1:27am On Mar 13, 2013
Honestly, I'm really impressed by this girls action. I never knew there is still such a resolute faith in Nigeria. Some of you may argue here about the biblical relevance of wearing or not wearing trousers. But this girls actions goes beyond that. At least, despite how ignorant you may term her, she has shown how ready she is to sacrifice for her faith. Unlike some of you here, who don't have any thing they even believe in. That is why the muslims consider us christians unserious. In UK some kids were sent home for refusing not to go without their hidjah, and muslims world over raised alarm over about that. Its unfortunate that we christians aside shying away from the challenges of the things we believe in , blab about those who choose to do so.

1 Like

Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Nobody: 1:42am On Mar 13, 2013
onuawuchi: Honestly, I'm really impressed by this girls action. I never knew there is still such a resolute faith in Nigeria. Some of you may argue here about the biblical relevance of wearing or not wearing trousers. But this girls actions goes beyond that. At least, despite how ignorant you may term her, she has shown how ready she is to sacrifice for her faith. Unlike some of you here, who don't have any thing they even believe in. That is why the muslims consider us christians unserious. In UK some kids were sent home for refusing not to go without their hidjah, and muslims world over raised alarm over about that. Its unfortunate that we christians aside shying away from the challenges of the things we believe in , blab about those who choose to do so.
Stop spitting rubbish,There are rules and you follow the rules of the institution and go back to your house after 1 year.
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Oahray: 1:42am On Mar 13, 2013
cyril83: Abeg deck your baseless arguement dude! You are so full of assumptions. Besides you can as well use your numba six to solve the equation, the light out is 10pm and the news claimed she left 11pm.
lol... We both were not there. I am arguing based on info provided and you say I am assuming? Interesting! grin

Before dismissing something as false especially when you were not there to witness it, consider all possibilities. Isn't it possible the whole issue began before 10pm and she finally left camp at about 11pm? In the link you posted, why was the time in question not disputed if it were really untrue? Your turn to use your brain man, it doesn't hurt.
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by bigpastor(m): 2:02am On Mar 13, 2013
In the days of Shedrack, Meshack and Abednego, many of today's christians will describe that kind of faith as yeye.
Is it the same heaven they went that we are planning to go?

1 Like

Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by onuawuchi: 2:07am On Mar 13, 2013
olas2u:
Stop spitting rubbish,There are rules and you follow the rules of the institution and go back to your house after 1 year.
If I'm the one spitting rubbish, I think you should be knowledgeable enough to know that rules are not created in vacuums. Rules are made for humans and as such MUST consider the principles of those it governs. If we are free with some people wearing hidjab, I don't know why others can't be allowed to wear flowing gowns, if that's what they want. It won't stop them from taking part in what every other person is doing. And for the record, your language is uncalled for. Its only a forum and not a national assembly session.
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Nobody: 2:21am On Mar 13, 2013
That verse was referring to people who dressed themselves to look like men, for perverse reasons. Besides, I don't think God looks at us and notices our clothes. Clothes don't matter to God, do they?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply)

Edo Corper, Gbadamosi OluwaMayowa, Arrested For Sleeping With His Student / Fake Corper Arrested At Akwa Ibom NYSC Orientation Camp By Police (Photos) / See What A Nairalander Did When He Collected His NYSC Discharge Certificate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.