Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

Emeka Anyaoku For President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Emeka Anyaoku For President (1928 Views)

Jumbo Pay: Emeka Anyaoku’s ‘atomic Bomb’ / Anyaoku Leads PAC Members To Bid Jonathan Farewell / Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emeka Anyaoku For President by Danmasani(m): 2:40am On May 07, 2006
People of Good conscience. Has anyone thought about Emeka Anyaoku as Nigeria's next President. I mean this is a guy with an international reputation and is witty. I would love to see this guy in Aso Rock than any Ex-General,Ex-con criminal. what do u think?
Re: Emeka Anyaoku For President by vigasimple(m): 8:41pm On Jun 23, 2007
I am not from the south east, but if Nigeria is going to produce its next president from the South east, people like Emeka Anyaoku is the type of candidate that nigerians need.

Also Soludo, Akinyuli and some other good ones.

BUT and it is a big but, what about the south east factor

1. Biafara
2. Inability for the people there to rally round one or two strong good and clean candidate.
3.Long throat
4. 'Clanishness' - Anambra(Nnwei mafia) and Onithsa and Aba cabals.

The above are powerful things that will militate against good people from the South East

Finally, there are two other factors from the Nigeria angles in general

1. Is thatNigerians percieved the average S/E candidate will only be using presidency to further Biafra cause and simply serve their own people more than Nigeria as a whole

2. Secondly, the almighty political class in Nigeria as a whole do not like good and clean andidate like Emeka Anyaoku

NIGERIAN NEED A VSIONARY LEADER THAT WE START RE-ORIENTATION then we will be on the way to true federation and happy co-exsstence.

The average Nigeria politician don't want things to change, they like the status quo, they benefits massively from it.

Whether or not people like Emeka Anyaoku and Soluso want to be drag into this dirty game is another matter.

May God guide Nigeria and her people with wisdom.
Re: Emeka Anyaoku For President by chrisokw: 9:26pm On Jun 23, 2007
@Vigasimple,

Don't be idiotic.
1. Biafara

Do you know what brought about Biafra? Or are you a baby?

2. Inability for the people there to rally round one or two strong good and clean candidate.
in 1999, Two Yorubas contested against themselves. in 2003, more than 5 Yorubas contested against themselves
In 2007, more than 5 hausas contested against themselves. So what stupidity of ideas are you suffering from? When it is time for the Igbo to rule based on the current turn-by-turn presidency, you will see the best of the Igbo. Be patient.

quote]. 'Clanishness' - Anambra(Nnwei mafia) and  Onithsa and Aba cabals.
[/quote]
The Igbos only cannot produce Nigeria's president, like it is with other individual zones of Nigeria.
There is clanishness everywhere in Nigeria. This is why only Yorubas from Ogun matter in Nigeria's politics. Check all those that have led in Nigeria, including Shonekan and Diya, all Ogun. In the North, it has always been Northwest and caliphate-backed others.

[quote][Long throat

What do you mean by long throat? Do you mean the type of long-throat from Obasanjo, IBB, Abacha, Diya, Aikhomu, Jerry Gana, Bode George and other non-Igbo Federal looters? Can you expanciate on that so I can respond appropriately?

, Is that Nigerians percieved  the average S/E candidate will only be using presidency to further Biafra cause and simply serve their own people more than Nigeria as a whole

You mean like Akunyili, Soludo, Okonjo Iweala and Oby Ezekwesisli did? And like Obj, Shagari, IBB, Abacha and now, Yaradua, did/ is doing? You are unbelievable idiotic.

1 Like

Re: Emeka Anyaoku For President by babasin(m): 10:00pm On Jun 23, 2007
OBJ father is IBO, so next president in 2011 is middle-belt
shocked
Re: Emeka Anyaoku For President by chrisokw: 10:04pm On Jun 23, 2007
babasin:

OBJ father is IBO, so next president in 2011 is middle-belt
shocked

Babasin is the sharer of political positions in Nigeria. grin Did Obj tell you his father is Igbo? Did he rule for the Igbo?
Re: Emeka Anyaoku For President by babasin(m): 10:14pm On Jun 23, 2007
evidence shows that OBJ father is igbo and nigeria is paternal oriented nation.

OBJ indeed rule nigeria as igbo man. case closed

igbo will need to wait for 2027

2011: middle belt
2019: south west
2027: igbo

grin cheesy
Re: Emeka Anyaoku For President by McKren(m): 10:17pm On Jun 23, 2007
babasin:

grin cheesy

Congratulations Babasin, what a Mathmatecian you are. That statistics will look better in a graph.
Re: Emeka Anyaoku For President by DisGuy: 10:59pm On Jun 23, 2007
apart from being the being the sec. gen for the commonwealth for nine years what else has he been involved with? i don't know much about him

I think Kofi Anan should also be the next president of ghana, he's got international reputation and an international degree
Re: Emeka Anyaoku For President by McKren(m): 11:07pm On Jun 23, 2007
Dis Guy:

apart from being the being the sec. gen for the commonwealth for nine years what else has he been involved with? i don't know much about him

I think Kofi Anan should also be the next president of ghana, he's got international reputation and an international degree

Commonwealth or UN secratary general and a State Governor who is more qualified when considering candidates for Presidency?
Re: Emeka Anyaoku For President by DisGuy: 11:11pm On Jun 23, 2007
I dont know, you tell me. what i know is that he wont be hand picked from nowhere to be president, he'll have to join a party and not just any party right?
Re: Emeka Anyaoku For President by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jun 23, 2007
Re: Emeka Anyaoku For President by McKren(m): 11:32pm On Jun 23, 2007
well you were talking like commonwealth secretary genral was not enough achievement
Re: Emeka Anyaoku For President by DisGuy: 11:37pm On Jun 23, 2007
oh it is, just want him to mix things up in nigeria politics aswell , im sure he can do alot IN nigeria and as part of the opposition or govt even.
Re: Emeka Anyaoku For President by initiator(m): 11:41pm On Jun 23, 2007
Yea Anyaoku is big deal. But i see more gut in Okonjo Iweala and/or soludo. Their impediments are: this obj trend? of choosing govs to succeed as president, the monolithic political system, fraudulent elections and this anointed syndrom introduced by obj which yar' may continue.
Our hope of their emergence is a change in the political scene so that things get more competitive and clean.
Re: Emeka Anyaoku For President by McKren(m): 11:42pm On Jun 23, 2007
Dis Guy:

oh it is, just want him to mix things up in nigeria politics aswell , im sure he can do alot IN nigeria and as part of the opposition or govt even.

on a more serious note, I dont think Anyaoku is looking to be President. He was foreign minister to Shagari's regime, before he became common wealth secretary general.

He is too old to be Nigerian President, at the moment he is trying to build first Nigeria's private refinery, Orient Petroleum in Onitsha.

He is doing his little bit in project Nigeria.
Re: Emeka Anyaoku For President by DisGuy: 12:07am On Jun 24, 2007
Thats a good move, hopefully he will get a lot of support from the host community
Re: Emeka Anyaoku For President by chrisokw: 8:00am On Jun 24, 2007
babasin:

grin cheesy

Hm! Typical Yoruba man. Always looking for cheap short-cut. Based on zoning system, who is ruling, the individual or the zone? Which zone did Obj represent? Supreme court will hear this grin grin What are the evidences that OBJ is Igbo? Any DNA tests?
Re: Emeka Anyaoku For President by soadia2004: 12:36pm On May 05, 2009
Who ever muted that Idea must be of the must have the most slavish of mentalities. The fact that Emeka Ayankou rose to the head of the Common wealth isn't ample reason for his capability to govern a state, not even Nigeria. By the way, has he signified his interest in becoming president? Nigeria does not need another reluctant leader. let Emeka Ayankou continue to play the statemanship roles he is doing right now. We beg una, biko, eejo, du anllah
Re: Emeka Anyaoku For President by deor03(m): 12:53pm On May 05, 2009
For me give me people like

Oby
Okonjo
Soludo
Frank Nweke ( former information minister)
etc.

Apart from being the head of commonwealth, I have not seen anything spectacular about the man, Besides he kind a Old.
Re: Emeka Anyaoku For President by Eziachi: 1:12pm On May 05, 2009
babasin:

grin cheesy

Silly me! Ofcourse I knew what your evidence was! You were there holding lamp for them when they were procreating OBJ.

As for the mathematical calculation? with brain box like you, who needs a Chike Obi.
Re: Emeka Anyaoku For President by generalzango(m): 1:26pm On May 05, 2009
O boy, consider now,haba Papa is too old for that sit, y not people Prof. Chukwuma Soludo, Frank Nweke Jnr. and other top Ndi igbos'?
Re: Emeka Anyaoku For President by DisGuy: 1:31pm On May 05, 2009
what did nweke jnr achieve? please lets nominate those with experience of governing people or people that have handled budgets not some english speakers

Soludo should join an opposition party!
Re: Emeka Anyaoku For President by chidichris(m): 7:31pm On May 05, 2009
@Vigasimple,

Don't be idiotic.
1. Biafara

Do you know what brought about Biafra? Or are you a baby?

in 1999, Two Yorubas contested against themselves. in 2003, more than 5 Yorubas contested against themselves
In 2007, more than 5 hausas contested against themselves. So what stupidity of ideas are you suffering from? When it is time for the Igbo to rule based on the current turn-by-turn presidency, you will see the best of the Igbo. Be patient.

quote]. 'Clanishness' - Anambra(Nnwei mafia) and Onithsa and Aba cabals.
The Igbos only cannot produce Nigeria's president, like it is with other individual zones of Nigeria.
There is clanishness everywhere in Nigeria. This is why only Yorubas from Ogun matter in Nigeria's politics. Check all those that have led in Nigeria, including Shonekan and Diya, all Ogun. In the North, it has always been Northwest and caliphate-backed others.

[Long throat

What do you mean by long throat? Do you mean the type of long-throat from Obasanjo, IBB, Abacha, Diya, Aikhomu, Jerry Gana, Bode George and other non-Igbo Federal looters? Can you expanciate on that so I can respond appropriately?

, Is that Nigerians percieved the average S/E candidate will only be using presidency to further Biafra cause and simply serve their own people more than Nigeria as a whole

You mean like Akunyili, Soludo, Okonjo Iweala and Oby Ezekwesisli did? And like Obj, Shagari, IBB, Abacha and now, Yaradua, did/ is doing? You are unbelievable idiotic.

@chrisokw,
i partially share vigasimple's ideas here. a house that is divided against itself,
if nigerians agree to an igbo president, the igbos can now have the choice of featuring as many candidates as possible but what if it is a case of igbos vs other tribes? between u and i as igbos, it is very difficult to agree on a candidate.
there is anambra/enugu factor which has been playing urgly roles between alex ekwueme and jim nwobodo npn/npp days.
emeka anyaoku is just a nigerian and cannot represent the ibos at that level.
Re: Emeka Anyaoku For President by grafikdon: 7:52pm On May 05, 2009
chidichris:

@chrisokw,
i partially share vigasimple's ideas here. a house that is divided against itself,
if nigerians agree to an igbo president, the igbos can now have the choice of featuring as many candidates as possible but what if it is a case of igbos vs other tribes? between u and i as igbos, it is very difficult to agree on a candidate.
[b]there is anambra/enugu factor which has been playing urgly [/b]roles between alex ekwueme and jim nwobodo npn/npp days.
emeka anyaoku is just a nigerian and cannot represent the ibos at that level.

I noticed your penchant for taking a swipe at Anambra/Enugu, as if Satan opened the gates of hell and let all the demons fall upon the states. Is there something you are not telling us?
Re: Emeka Anyaoku For President by Strength10: 5:59am On May 06, 2009
i have said this before and i will say it again with no hesitation. Nigeria can NEVER, I MEAN NEVER achieve its full political capability, potential and integration until a qualified detribalized igboman  leads Nigeria. I am not saying this because i am IGBO, It is because it is the truth. Nobody here can ever blame IGBOS for the  current state of Nigeria because they have never had the opportunity to lead the country. Whenever igbos have had the opportunity to serve, they've shown excellence and competence in their service and abilities. Most Nigerians are scared of an IGBO man being president  because they feel that he will split Nigeria. No educated IGBOMAN will ever split nigeria because they know how invested IGBOS are all over the country. It is just a stupid reason used in feilding opposition for igbo presidency. Others are scared because they believe that if igbos control so much in nigerian economy presently in light of not being in power for so long, they will take over everything in the country when they get power. This is also a fear which i see and hear other Nigerians agitating about and it is totally unwarranted. Until qualified, educated people like Soludo, Iweala,  and many others are given that mantle of leadership, we still have ways to go in Nigeria.
Re: Emeka Anyaoku For President by Nobody: 6:38am On May 06, 2009
Strength10:

i have said this before and i will say it again with no hesitation. Nigeria can NEVER, I MEAN NEVER achieve its full political capability, potential and integration until a qualified detribalized igboman  leads Nigeria. I am not saying this because i am IGBO, It is because it is the truth. Nobody here can ever blame IGBOS for the  current state of Nigeria because they have never had the opportunity to lead the country. Whenever igbos have had the opportunity to serve, they've shown excellence and competence in their service and abilities. Most Nigerians are scared of an IGBO man being president  because they feel that he will split Nigeria. No educated IGBOMAN will ever split nigeria because they know how invested IGBOS are all over the country. It is just a stupid reason used in feilding opposition for igbo presidency. Others are scared because they believe that if igbos control so much in nigerian economy presently in light of not being in power for so long, they will take over everything in the country when they get power. This is also a fear which i see and hear other Nigerians agitating about and it is totally unwarranted. Until qualified, educated people like Soludo, Iweala,  and many others are given that mantle of leadership, we still have ways to go in Nigeria.

Who told you that nigerians are scared of an Igbo president because of Biafra? They are simply scared because:

1. Most nigerians are cowards and the corrupt establishment uses the fear and divide and conquer tactics on them to keep looting the treasury.
2. They dont want to be proven wrong that an Igbo man will do an exceptional job.

Believe me, its not about Biafra.
Re: Emeka Anyaoku For President by Ijawman(m): 6:10pm On May 06, 2009
I do not know more than 2 or 3 Nigerians who are more qualified to lead Nigeria than Emeka Anyaoku

(1) (Reply)

Major Defeat For G.w. Bush / N50billion Police Equipment Fund Cornered / Emir Strips Obasanjo Of Title

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.