Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,731 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. (21085 Views)

Fashola Commissions Jebba Hydro Power Plant In Niger State (photos) / Jumbo Pay: Emeka Anyaoku’s ‘atomic Bomb’ / Fashola Commissions 100 New Air-Conditioned Buses At Oshodi - PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by EkoIle1: 2:28am On Apr 10, 2013
LAGOS—Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State, yesterday, flagged off the newly-constructed Ikeja Millemium Housing Estate, naming it after former Secretary-General of the Commonwealth, Chief Emeka Anyaoku.

He equally flagged off the Rauf Aregbesola Model Primary Health Centre, PHC, in Mosan-Okunola Local Council Development Area, LCDA, to aid healthcare delivery at the grassroots.

The governor, who spoke at the premises of the 76-unit four-bedroom duplexes located on Muiz Banire Street, GRA Ikeja, said the completion of the project had taught the state government other methods of planning and managing project in the state.

He said: “The lesson we learnt here has been transferred to all ongoing construction of Lagos HOMS scheme, with detailed soil testing, proper foundation design and engagement of qualified workers in the construction the projects.”

On why the government named it after Anyaoku, he said: “After we completed this project, a new challenge aroused. And it was who the estate should be named after. I think that events made that decision very easy.

“We resolved that if we have to dedicate any public service and building after anyone, whether living or dead, it will be those who have contributed to the development of our nation,especially Lagos state.”

In reaction, Anyaokwu said: “I am humbled by this kind gesture of the Lagos government led by a performing governor. It is a great honour to cut the ribbon of this new estate.

“My connection with Lagos is deep and longstanding. Although I come from across the Niger, I started my career in Lagos and I have been married for over 50 years to a native of Lagos, from Egba precisely.”.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/04/fashola-names-housing-estate-after-anyaoku/

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by Nobody: 3:00am On Apr 10, 2013
Wow. . . this is an improvement from the crap construction I see in Nigeria

For real, I thought I was staring at some student apartments around here. But we can do better tho, why copy american architecture when we can start modern deconstructive architecture?

We're getting there.

Looks beautiful btw.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by Nobody: 3:03am On Apr 10, 2013
8/10.

Wow. . . .
Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by mensdept: 3:06am On Apr 10, 2013
Very good Fashola and Lagos. Theo Orji is there sleeping for the past 6 years

14 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by MajorJ(m): 4:29am On Apr 10, 2013
In america you know what this is called, they are called the projects, lowest/cheapest apartments, they are usually built with fake knockoff materials and usually end up being rundown in about 5 years from construction date, so i will say enjoy it while it lasts

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by dayokanu(m): 4:43am On Apr 10, 2013
Eko o ni baje ooo
Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by FreeGlobe(f): 4:50am On Apr 10, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:
8/10.

Wow. . . .
Ileke idi. can you add 0 and make it 80/10?
Not only 8/10 cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by fkaz(m): 6:01am On Apr 10, 2013
LAGOS—Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State, yesterday, flagged off the newly-constructed Ikeja Millemium Housing Estate, naming it after former Secretary-General of the Commonwealth, Chief Emeka Anyaoku.
He equally flagged off the Rauf Aregbesola Model Primary Health Centre, PHC, in Mosan-Okunola Local Council Development Area, LCDA, to aid healthcare delivery at the grassroots.
The governor, who spoke at the premises of the 76-unit four-bedroom duplexes located on Muiz Banire Street, GRA Ikeja, said the completion of the project had taught the state government other methods of planning and managing project in the state.
He said: “The lesson we learnt here has been transferred to all ongoing construction of Lagos HOMS scheme, with detailed soil testing, proper foundation design and engagement of qualified workers in the construction the projects.”
On why the government named it after Anyaoku, he said: “After we completed this project, a new challenge aroused. And it was who the estate should be named after. I think that events made that decision very easy.
“We resolved that if we have to dedicate any public service and building after anyone, whether living or dead, it will be those who have contributed to the development of our nation,especially Lagos state.”
In reaction, Anyaokwu said: “I am humbled by this kind gesture of the Lagos government led by a performing governor. It is a great honour to cut the ribbon of this new estate.
“My connection with Lagos is deep and longstanding. Although I come from across the Niger, I started my career in Lagos and I have been married for over 50 years to a native of Lagos, from Egba precisely.”.
Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by EkoAtlantic: 6:02am On Apr 10, 2013
Great, Eko oni baje
Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by dridowu: 8:22am On Apr 10, 2013
Iwaju ni ilu eko yio ma la
Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by ochukoccna: 9:10am On Apr 10, 2013
mens dept: Very good Fashola and Lagos. Theo Orji is there sleeping for the past 6 years
Wake him up cheesy
Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by ochukoccna: 9:14am On Apr 10, 2013
EKO O NI BAJE O!
Even though Tinubu orchestrated Fashola's ascension as governor, why will Tinubu not be jealous seeing Fashola just keeps launching different projects almost on a weekly basis

mens dept: Very good Fashola and Lagos. Theo Orji is there sleeping for the past 6 years
Wake him up cheesy
Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by KingPradas(m): 9:14am On Apr 10, 2013
MajorJ: In america you know what this is called, they are called the projects, lowest/cheapest apartments, they are usually built with fake knockoff materials and usually end up being rundown in about 5 years from construction date, so i will say enjoy it while it lasts

Okay,Do you think this is america ?

5 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by aminho(m): 9:18am On Apr 10, 2013
borno govnor is doing better
Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by Okijajuju1(m): 9:22am On Apr 10, 2013
MajorJ: In america you know what this is called, they are called the projects, lowest/cheapest apartments, they are usually built with fake knockoff materials and usually end up being rundown in about 5 years from construction date, so i will say enjoy it while it lasts

This is what Housing in the Projects look like hommie..

COMPARE...

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by Akpaife(m): 9:22am On Apr 10, 2013
Oga emeka u igbos will never learn soon yourba will start their own take ur wealth 2 igbo land ur guys should learn how 2 invest in south east I pity igbos soon them will carry again

1 Like

Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by 32D: 9:22am On Apr 10, 2013
u need prayers

5 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by muyiwah666(m): 9:23am On Apr 10, 2013

Good work from the Governor...but Anyaoku should know better.....EGBA IS NOT LAGOS PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS...AND LAGOS IS NOT EGBA...
fkaz:

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by Czarskit(m): 9:24am On Apr 10, 2013

Where's this creature from?

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by eggheaders(m): 9:27am On Apr 10, 2013
FreeGlobe:
Ileke idi. can you add 0 and make it 80/10?
Not only 8/10 cheesy

foolglobe or whatever is it your progenitors choose to christened you numbskull.it will make sense for you to stop your sickening obsession of lagos and the Yoruba race.if only you can channel all the energy you use in hating yorubas into criticizing all the failures in the helm of affairs in your enclave.your folks wont be trooping out of your enclave in their millions.to places where they exteminate them for charity like there soul is more worthless than that of chicken.

6 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by Pataki: 9:28am On Apr 10, 2013
A good step in the right direction.
Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by PENMIGHT(m): 9:31am On Apr 10, 2013
At this age and century, this isn't too much 'WOW' delivery.
Obviously, a slight leap from the mediocre past but it is only in our books of limited understanding that this gets extraordinary accolade.

It shows the decades of retrogression we ve long suffered.

By the way, we can always come back here to asses the Post Occupancy Evaluation in terms of our maintenace culture. Kudos to BRF.
Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by Dreyl(m): 9:32am On Apr 10, 2013
this is lovely.fashola thumbs up to you
Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by MeloJayEnt: 9:41am On Apr 10, 2013
Another milestone from the progressive governor
Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by Afritop(m): 9:45am On Apr 10, 2013
THATS A GOOD MOVE FROM THE LAGOS STATE GOVERNOR. THESE IS UNLIKE SOME SERVING AND EX PDP GOVERNORS WHO WILL NAME SOCIAL INFRASTRUCTURES GOTTEN FROM STATE FUNDS AFTER THEMSELVES

1 Like

Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by alumnidoggz(m): 9:46am On Apr 10, 2013
[b][/b]MARS
Czarskit:

Where's this creature from?
Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by ogtavia(m): 9:47am On Apr 10, 2013
while i dnt wnt to contest the veracity of ur claims abt d poor quality of materials used in constructing mass housing projects in the US,i want to state that ''the projects'' dnt become rundown after 5yrs or even collapse as u imply,i av neva bin to d US b4 bt i knw dt wat makes ''projects'' rundown is lack of/delay in maintenance and also d sheer mass of such projects,many av bin constructed in Mexico,Brazil even in America bt were demolished due to high crime rate,security and safety issues and also maintenance cost....back to subject matter,u cannot compare dt housing estate to d ''american projects'',it isnt jst d same,if u're a professional in d building/construction industry u shuld knw why,if nt,then so long,bt i tend to agree with ur statement ''enjoy while it lasts'' we tend to construct in Nigeria especially mass project such as dis without a concrete maintenance policy,luk at ketu housing estate,festac,even d police barracks....
Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by RiKKies: 9:50am On Apr 10, 2013
With all there going on, some youth will still be involved in tribal bashing. Make una carry on.
Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by Nobody: 9:51am On Apr 10, 2013
Na Student's Hostel be this?
Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by Afritop(m): 9:52am On Apr 10, 2013
THIS IS A GOOD MOVE FROM THE LAGOS STATE GOVERNOR. THESE IS UNLIKE SOME SERVING AND EX PDP GOVERNORS WHO WILL NAME SOCIAL INFRASTRUCTURES FINANCED BY STATE FUNDS AFTER THEMSELVES

1 Like

Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:00am On Apr 10, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:
Wow. . . this is an improvement from the crap construction I see in Nigeria

For real, I thought I was staring at some student apartments around here. But we can do better tho, why copy american architecture when we can start modern deconstructive architecture?

We're getting there.

Looks beautiful btw.
which crap constructions do u see in Nigeria? Where d hell are u staying?
Some people can talk trash!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

LASEMA Officials Rescue Trapped Lagos Residents From Flood / Okada Ban In Anambra: Operators Groan As 15,000 Lose Jobs In Onitsha, Awka / Rochas Okorocha's 56th Birthday Celebration (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.