Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,541 members, 7,819,926 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife (25837 Views)

Permanent-Secretaries Present Birthday Gifts To Bolanle Ambode / Tuface And Rep Member Herman Hembe Back In The Days / Fayose Presents Car Gifts To Teachers In Appreciation For Their Hard Works (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by Nobody: 12:08am On Mar 15, 2013
If a Governor did this in the U.S, he or she would be out of job within a week.

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by Andyforte: 12:09am On Mar 15, 2013
Dear governor, with due respect, ur defense is simply annoying and makes no sense. This horrible statements which ur publicist was not ashamed to publish is an insult to us, and attempts to imply that the public is stupid and thus can be fed anything. There is no justification for the use of public funds for these kind of benevolence. YOU DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT. The blessings of our land belong to all of us and there are sons of akwa ibom alive today who cannot afford 3 square meals, a decent living space or even basic education for their children. You are very much aware of this. U know u have poor sons of the land, rightful owners of thiese blessings, who continue to suffer inadequate social amenities, underdevelopment and neglect, yet u thout it was smart to reward a faithful wife of and artiste with millions that could make a difference for many poor families? 2face is an international figure and is wealthy enough to reject ur offer, yet there are millions of others who are unknown in their local government who go hungry for days. Have u no fear of God?

Your hopeless explanations is devoid of common sense and can be likened to a thief who after been accused of stealing N29 in the town square, gave up himself just so he could tell the village he stole N20 only.

Akwa ibom is strong enough to not only set a standard of living for all other states to follow but also create wealth by exporting needed solutions to other stars. Akwa ibom can be a shinning jewel in Nigeria and a reference for cities of the world. This is what we hope for and not all these petty senseles expenditure passed off as strategies for publicity. I can't tell u how angry I am.

Pls recover those gifts and recall ur approval for the planned wedding appearance and attend to the overbearing needs of the state. I will personally investigate whether I have the capacity and the ground to sue you.

7 Likes

Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by frond: 12:20am On Mar 15, 2013
mbhs139: Why are these people always on the defensive?
[size=24pt]I wonder[/size]
Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by drstan(m): 12:22am On Mar 15, 2013
booqee: This man is a complete fool.. All i can read from his defense statement is bulls.hit. Like seriously??
Whats the big difference or what does it matter if its 29 guest or 20guest?? One prado or two?? A prado will still cost over a million..so wtf?!
This is just a case of misplaced priority and st.u.pidity.
Not that i'm against his giving them gift..but why to so much extent if there isn't more to the story?? Three million coulda changed the lives of some homeless kids..i'm certain.
Well i'm wondering why he quickly came out to defend himself....oh my bad!..he just remembered dat his oga at the top may not like it..daz all abi?? Mtchewww
angry angry angry
dis oga at the top tinz,, i just day hear am evry where, even 4 hostel,pas me link make i get d ful gist ,
Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by fxcelebrity: 12:24am On Mar 15, 2013
lmao,,,worry not abut my guy Mr Akpabio... we are flexing see hiz new toy grin

http://sparksnbubbles.com/pix-gov-akpabio-purchases-million-dollar-bullet-proof-luxury-van/
Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by richnsexy25: 12:27am On Mar 15, 2013
As long as he isnt using funds 4rm d govt treasury den i tink am ok wit it.But if it is otherwise then......... angry

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by DonaldGenes(m): 12:30am On Mar 15, 2013
I don't blame my stupid Gov!I blame myself for votinq an im-becile into the office*i reqret my actions*

2 Likes

Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by freecocoa(f): 12:31am On Mar 15, 2013
My own be say, where the money for the gifts come from?

We all know its from states fund cos these people handle the state's fund like its their personal property, so what are talking about? Abegi.

Its really pathetic, a country where only the rich keeps getting richer.

Somewhere in Akwa-ibom lies a family with little children who have nothing to eat and millions of naira was given to someone who didn't need it.

Smh, only in naija.sad

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by Okijajuju1(m): 12:34am On Mar 15, 2013
[b]Like some have said,, if the money came from his pocket, then I see no reason for all these talk..

However, it seems the money came from his states account because it required 'APPROVAL', and that on itself makes all this explanation rubbish. State funds should not be wasted like that. But then again, Cross Rivers wastes millions of states money to fund 4 weeks of unwanton debauchery every Christmas. The Nigerian Police that is highly under equipped and under trained with decapitating facilities spent 2 Billion on 1 week of Police Games. Northern Governors spend millions on State weddings for divorcees every year. Southern Governors spend billions to ferry people to Jerusalem for pilgrimage yearly. Northern Governors spend billions to send people to Mecca yearly. Nigeria spent billions to host African First ladies in Nigeria. Rochas okorocha spent over 150 million Naira to send 60 Imo State students to America for exchange program. Rochas spent Millions to braodcast his daughters wedding live on T.V to the whole Nation. APC gave 500 million Naira to Boko victims in Borno and nobody asked where the money came from, yet they set the military on students of their state who protested the non availability of water in their hostels. So in a way, giving Tuface a lousy 6.5 million Naira vehicle and spend another 20 million to send some Akwa Ibomites to Dubai isn't really over the Top.

Fortunately, I have been to Uyo and can testify that the Governor has really put in work. If anything, he has moved that state at least 10 years forward from where they used to be. If giving Tuface a car gift is his worst offence, I will pardon him.

I don't support unwanton wastage of Public funds, but if we must condemn, let's bring in all the wastage we see around us as well into focus.

On the flip side, he spent it on a citizen of his state. I would rather have 20 Akwa Ibomites travel to Dubai on states funds than have it end up in one mans pocket.[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by DonaldGenes(m): 12:39am On Mar 15, 2013
payless: If a Governor did this in the U.S, he or she would be out of job within a week.
I dye teyuuuuuu
Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by grrit: 12:40am On Mar 15, 2013
Hope that Akpabio is not panshing Annie ohh!!cause me I don't understand this "kind gesture" ahn ahn is she the only Akwa Ibom woman.. That man is a he-goat and I don't think I trust him.. To even make matters worse, he came out to defend himself and ended up making a fool of himself!! Is Annie the only Akwa Ibom woman that has gotten married? Please, what is not right is not right.. If Annie is is ex gf, he should come out and say, we'll understnd he's paying her off but not with state funds because I know for him to come out and defend himself with out stating where allav that cash is coming from, its deff state stolen cash that he's spending.. Buying a car for someone on his/her wedding day is a common thing here but sending 20 or 29 of her fam memebers on an all paid trip abroad? C'mon we aint kids + if tuface really wants his inlaws to be at his wedding, he would provide for them.. Don't even know why that one carried his wedding to Dubai.. Mtttcchhheewww!!! Mumu show off!!

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by Freewilly(f): 12:44am On Mar 15, 2013
For all those that are saying it's OK as long as it's his personal money and not State founds,my question to you is this. How much does he make a year

in salaries that he can afford to buy a bullet proof van for himself, give a Toyota SUV for a wedding gift and sponsor 20 people to Dubai.

2 Likes

Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by Okijajuju1(m): 12:46am On Mar 15, 2013
Freewilly: For all those that are saying it's OK as long as it's his personal money and not State founds,my question to you is this. How much does he make a year

in salaries that he can afford to buy a bullet proof van for himself, give a Toyota SUV for a wedding gift and sponsor 20 people to Dubai.

He was not poor before he became a governor...

Do you know how much it costs to finance an election.

2 Likes

Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by nytwolf: 12:49am On Mar 15, 2013
Who gives a s***

Abeg nxt
Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by emmydex(m): 12:53am On Mar 15, 2013
Y r U̶̲̥̅̊ al blabbing, a prado and 20 delegates to dubai. @ least sum1 ȋ̝̊̅§ benefitn from d money compared to them and their immediate family (the governor) eating alone. 2face can use that prado for beta videos lol. When Namadi sambo did d daughters wedding, they distributed latest IPADs and laptops as sourvenirs. So U̶̲̥̅̊ can imagine. Cars Were given, houses Were given. The governor ȋ̝̊̅§ tryn @ least I knw σƒ pple who benefited from his scholarship scheme. Clinical students were paid 200,000 cash and preclinicals 100,000. 2face ȋ̝̊̅§ a responsible man now and who has done the nation proud as a LEGEND in d music industry. Ihe ne •̸Ϟε̲̣̣̣̥!gracias!

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by Itoroetti(m): 1:01am On Mar 15, 2013
booqee: This man is a complete fool.. All i can read from his defense statement is bulls.hit. Like seriously??
Whats the big difference or what does it matter if its 29 guest or 20guest?? One prado or two?? A prado will still cost over a million..so wtf?!
This is just a case of misplaced priority and st.u.pidity.
Not that i'm against his giving them gift..but why to so much extent if there isn't more to the story?? Three million coulda changed the lives of some homeless kids..i'm certain.
Well i'm wondering why he quickly came out to defend himself....oh my bad!..he just remembered dat his oga at the top may not like it..daz all abi?? Mtchewww
angry angry angry
U and ur entire family are fools.must u call him a fool?how does akwa ibom issues concerns u?is annie not an akwa ibom lady?jealous no go kill u.if u were d one given d vehicle,would u reject it with all sincerity?mumu,unam,ebot,nton ikot iwa.

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by Itoroetti(m): 1:03am On Mar 15, 2013
Rolling.:

The only reason why some people are alive is that MURDER is not permissible.People like Akpabio should have been shot.
U may receive what u wish for him sooner.

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by Itoroetti(m): 1:03am On Mar 15, 2013
wolex200980: Ogun kill akpabio
Ewu yoruba
Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by emmydex(m): 1:12am On Mar 15, 2013
Okija_juju: [b]Like some have said,, if the money came from his pocket, then I see no reason for all these talk..

However, it seems the money came from his states account because it required 'APPROVAL', and that on itself makes all this explanation rubbish. State funds should not be wasted like that. But then again, Cross Rivers wastes millions of states money to fund 4 weeks of unwanton debauchery every Christmas. The Nigerian Police that is highly under equipped and under trained with decapitating facilities spent 2 Billion on 1 week of Police Games. Northern Governors spend millions on State weddings for divorcees every year. Southern Governors spend billions to ferry people to Jerusalem for pilgrimage yearly. Northern Governors spend billions to send people to Mecca yearly. Nigeria spent billions to host African First ladies in Nigeria. Rochas okorocha spent over 150 million Naira to send 60 Imo State students to America for exchange program. Rochas spent Millions to braodcast his daughters wedding live on T.V to the whole Nation. APC gave 500 million Naira to Boko victims in Borno and nobody asked where the money came from, yet they set the military on students of their state who protested the non availability of water in their hostels. So in a way, giving Tuface a lousy 6.5 million Naira vehicle and spend another 20 million to send some Akwa Ibomites to Dubai isn't really over the Top.

Fortunately, I have been to Uyo and can testify that the Governor has really put in work. If anything, he has moved that state at least 10 years forward from where they used to be. If giving Tuface a car gift is his worst offence, I will pardon him.

I don't support unwanton wastage of Public funds, but if we must condemn, let's bring in all the wastage we see around us as well into focus.

On the flip side, he spent it on a citizen of his state. I would rather have 20 Akwa Ibomites travel to Dubai on states funds than have it end up in one mans pocket.[/b]
God bless U̶̲̥̅̊ for enlighting them. How abt d money farouk stole, abacha,bankole, maina etc @ least for governor akpabio, U̶̲̥̅̊ knw ђξяξ d money ȋ̝̊̅§ going. Pls let's wake up from our dreams. They r both celebs and we can't help it. Do U̶̲̥̅̊ even knw d revenue 2face pulled in jst because σƒ d traditional wedding. D video coverage wud b sold to d. World. If 2face were to come for a show in akwa ibom I bet U̶̲̥̅̊ he ȋ̝̊̅§ likely to b paid more than that.
Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by Itoroetti(m): 1:13am On Mar 15, 2013
Okija_juju: [b]Like some have said,, if the money came from his pocket, then I see no reason for all these talk..

Okija chairman,I have always looked at ur comments always from the negative perspective,maybe we'll talk about that later,but I most confess that this one is excellently written.they are not criticising fashola who spent almost all d states resources on tinubu and can.d don't criticise obi for using state funds for apga progress,all d see is akpabio's reckless spending.nobody is happy when state funds are diverted for issues uncalled for,but as u said,if we must talk about it,we must bring all others to the fore for discussion.

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by emmydex(m): 1:18am On Mar 15, 2013
grrit: Hope that Akpabio is not panshing Annie ohh!!cause me I don't understand this "kind gesture" ahn ahn is she the only Akwa Ibom woman.. That man is a he-goat and I don't think I trust him.. To even make matters worse, he came out to defend himself and ended up making a fool of himself!! Is Annie the only Akwa Ibom woman that has gotten married? Please, what is not right is not right.. If Annie is is ex gf, he should come out and say, we'll understnd he's paying her off but not with state funds because I know for him to come out and defend himself with out stating where allav that cash is coming from, its deff state stolen cash that he's spending.. Buying a car for someone on his/her wedding day is a common thing here but sending 20 or 29 of her fam memebers on an all paid trip abroad? C'mon we aint kids + if tuface really wants his inlaws to be at his wedding, he would provide for them.. Don't even know why that one carried his wedding to Dubai.. Mtttcchhheewww!!! Mumu show off!!
2face ȋ̝̊̅§ nt a mumu for takn his wedding to dubai, if it were to b in naija U̶̲̥̅̊ won't even see space to c ђξяξ 2face ȋ̝̊̅§ sitting eating his cake because σƒ d crowd. Hw abt stephanie okereke that did hers in France in d plane, why didn't U̶̲̥̅̊ hate. Jst kul dwn, υя turn might cum soon ђξяξ U̶̲̥̅̊rs wil b in d moon.
Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by CyberG: 1:36am On Mar 15, 2013
Is this not the person some lunatics are mouthing off as a "performer" and who was even mentioned as a VP candidate? LOL...so far, all the leaders from the SS and SE (ibo) in Nigeria have been NON-LEADERS! They need to be left to their state and not have to spread their odious cluelessness like the retardeen is doing right now in Abuja! grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by MMotimo: 1:48am On Mar 15, 2013
Orisirisi, smh
One Prado not two
20 people, not 29
Kini efa ninu eje? What is the difference? 1 or 2, 20 or 29, which of the expenses did not come from state coffers undecided

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by NovusHomo(m): 1:56am On Mar 15, 2013
Question is: what are you going to do about it, internet warriors?
Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by Nobody: 2:33am On Mar 15, 2013
payless: If a Governor did this in the U.S, he or she would be out of job within a week.
A week is too long,the FBI will be knocking on his/her door the next day.
Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by Nobody: 2:36am On Mar 15, 2013
femmyb:
A week is too long,the FBI will be knocking on his/her door the next day.

Each of the Toyota Prado cost 8.5 million naira (17 million naira). Then, other expenses running to 30 million + when children don't have seats in their classrooms to sit.

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by omenka(m): 2:38am On Mar 15, 2013
This man started phucking up left right and centre ever since he made GEJ's crotch his face's permanent abode! Only a coupla months back nairaland was awash with evidences of his sterling performance in Akwa Ibom oo.

And the more they try to defend this reprehensible act, the more it lingers in the media, the victim of which at the end of the day would be no one but our amiable Tu Baba.

So oga Okpa-bio, no con dey pour san san for this young man garri mbok. One TuFace is better than all your lot put together!
Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by Policewoman(f): 3:14am On Mar 15, 2013
Squandermania is a hallmark of our SS Govs. Rewarding Ann Macaulay for being FAITHFUL? to tuface is laughable. B4 nko? If she no dey loyal, d oda 7 baby mamas r waiting in line. Akpabio should spare us d bullcrap story. He F'd up big tym.

2 Likes

Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by baby124: 3:23am On Mar 15, 2013
These politicians are not to be trusted. Hope he is not annie's sugar daddy, sending her off with a befitting wedding gift she will always remember him for. I bet he had a good laugh somewhere inside him when he said "faithful". They were not together all the time now. They dated other people in between. These Nigerian politicians are very dirty, no be today that kain thing dey happen. cheesy. Sugar daddies sponsoring their sugar babes weddings.smh.
Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by gbadexy(m): 4:03am On Mar 15, 2013
I suppose 2 face was aware of the cost implication before choosing dubai for their wedding venue.
I don't know why the governor should bother with sponsoring the bride's relative abroad for the wedding.
Shouldn't he have encouraged or hinted about patronizing obudu cattle ranch, tinanpa or other tourist destination in nigeria instead of endorsing and sponsoring trips for wedding in dubai.
Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by point5: 4:05am On Mar 15, 2013
Akpabio has bn knwn 4 ridiculous spendin,he wud alwz com out on media housis 2 annouce his installatn of 1 or 2 Transformaz jst lik Mr.Peter Obi of Anambra state wyl his averag citizen diez in penuary in rural and evn dia urban eriaz..jst imagin.1 NOT 2,,20 NOT 29,,I beliv ur OGA @ D TOP(EFCC) wl nt let u go free dis tim 4 decivin ur pipo,,Odenii

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ortom Presents Documents To Indict Presidency, Defence Minister, IGP / Yoruba Nation: Stay Away From Ondo, Akeredolu Warns Igboho, Others / Oshiomhole: Foreign Prisoners Are Working At Construction Sites In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.