Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,831 members, 7,820,913 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife (25839 Views)

Permanent-Secretaries Present Birthday Gifts To Bolanle Ambode / Tuface And Rep Member Herman Hembe Back In The Days / Fayose Presents Car Gifts To Teachers In Appreciation For Their Hard Works (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by crackhouse(m): 8:11am On Mar 15, 2013
The deed has been done. However, Nigerians are very good at making noise without taking any action. And i am very sure that all these rantings and noise-making will surely calm down before 2wks. I tell you, that's the worst Nigerians can do on this issue, so i am not really bothered about the dust being raised on this issue by Nigerians because it will surely calm down in few weeks time. We are not yet serious in fighting corruption. Just watch out before 2wks and you will hear nothing on this no more.
Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by sounso: 8:16am On Mar 15, 2013
''Her resolve to stand by her husband on his journey right from his days of youthful beginnings to stardom even in the face of challenges was commendable and a true attribute of the Akwa Ibom women.''
That one na true sha for most Akwa Ibom women

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by ITbomb(m): 8:32am On Mar 15, 2013
Does Akwa Ibom ever operate a budget?
Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by albacete(m): 8:35am On Mar 15, 2013
Did u guys seek permission from d oga @ d top b4 commenting? because he might come and say a different thing altogether.

Daz all.
Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by TriggerHappy: 8:40am On Mar 15, 2013
It's only 20 people not 29, only one Jeep and not two........datz his defense. She is a daughter from da state and da gift is a gesture for standing beside her man in times of trials and tribulation. Is dat all Mr. Governor......... PLEASE GIVE ME A GOOD REASON WHY I SHOULD'NT PUT A HOLE IN THIS FOOOOOOL HEAD IF I GET THE CHANCE.

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by OgaTheTop2: 8:41am On Mar 15, 2013
cool
Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by crackhouse(m): 8:45am On Mar 15, 2013
sounso: ''Her resolve to stand by her husband on his journey right from his days of youthful beginnings to stardom even in the face of challenges was commendable and a true attribute of the Akwa Ibom women.''
Taaa shut up, talk wetin u wan talk and stop the silly advertisement. Are u talking about the Awka Ibom women that i have all around me or another one? Akwa women that are not tired of milking a man dry.

2 Likes

Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by pristine700yah: 8:46am On Mar 15, 2013
THIS IS PART OF MADNESS SPENDING IN THE LIFE OF OUR ELECTED LEADERS, WHEN THEY WERE SEEKING 4 THE POST THEY PROMISED HEAVEN AND EARTH HERE THEY ARE WASTING PEOPLE RESOURCES. THE FAMILY ARE RICH ENOUGH TO SPONSOR INVITEES TO DUBIA, GOD WILL JUDGE THIS GOVERNOR.

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by TriggerHappy: 8:46am On Mar 15, 2013
sounso: ''Her resolve to stand by her husband on his journey right from his days of youthful beginnings to stardom even in the face of challenges was commendable and a true attribute of the Akwa Ibom women.''
So don't u think every Akwa Ibom women deserves a phucking Jeep and not Jux one. It seems u don't see anything wrong wit wot da governor did. See brains

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by Okijajuju1(m): 8:46am On Mar 15, 2013
Trigger Happy: It's only 20 people not 29, only one Jeep and not two........datz his defense. She is a daughter from da state and da gift is a gesture for standing beside her man in times of trials and tribulation. Is dat all Mr. Governor......... PLEASE GIVE ME A GOOD REASON WHY I SHOULD'NT PUT A HOLE IN THIS FOOOOOOL HEAD IF I GET THE CHANCE.

Because you would have holes all over you even before you realize you have the chance, let alone acting... undecided
Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by Nobody: 8:53am On Mar 15, 2013
Na wa o, so people now get rewarded in Nigeria for having children out of wedlock.... See how they are trying to paint Annie as some Mary! I'am sure there are loads of women in that state who are better examples of a good woman even if he wants to start dashing money around.
Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by ssii: 8:55am On Mar 15, 2013
These politicians can never admit they are wrong, always foolishly defending their actions.. SMH. For goodNess sake, there are several Akwa Ibom daughters who wed every now and then, why does he not go dashing car gifts to them? Two people decide to hold their wedding in Dubai, a governor wants to use state funds to sponsor people to the wedding. And he is defending himself, when are we ever going to get it right and hold our leaders accountable in this country.

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by Nobody: 8:55am On Mar 15, 2013
Hmmmm

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by Okijajuju1(m): 8:59am On Mar 15, 2013
tatiana009: Na wa o, so people now get rewarded in Nigeria for having children out of wedlock.... See how they are trying to paint Annie as some Mary! I'am sure there are loads of women in that state who are better examples of a good woman even if he wants to start dashing money around.

Focus jor!!

Shey because she had a child out of wedlock makes her a w`hore or what?! Many people that even got married as virgins sef are not saints. Let us not deviate from the issue on ground. Nobody is concerned about Annies morals, simply where the funds for the SUV and airline tickets given to her and her boo is coming from.. #CHIKINA.

P.S: She is a good woman. She stuck by him all through. From his Plantashun boys days to his wild fame days and all.. Many women like her would have scandalized him (like some of his baby mamas did), but not her.. Cut the girl some slack. She was focused and though many other girls from richer homes, with bigger fame than her came into Tufaces life, she was the only one that left an impression enough to win his heart. THATS THE POWER OF AN AKWA IBOM WOMAN.. how to find a man and keep a man.

2 Likes

Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by Agbesky: 9:07am On Mar 15, 2013
abi Akpabio dey Bleep Annie secretly niii?....something i dont understand ooo

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by TriggerHappy: 9:08am On Mar 15, 2013
iwanchop:

The gods needs ur head as sacrifice to mark this year's stupidity carnival in ur village
The sacrifice won't be successful cuz the gods don't approve of using DUMB HEADS for sacrifice.
Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by Nobody: 9:14am On Mar 15, 2013
Agbesky: abi Akpabio dey Bleep Annie secretly niii?....something i dont understand ooo

Yoruba and thier thinking undecided
Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by TriggerHappy: 9:18am On Mar 15, 2013
Okija_juju:

Because you would have holes all over you even before you realize you have the chance, let alone acting... undecided
Snipers don't leave traces
Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by Nobody: 9:26am On Mar 15, 2013
Agbesky:

According to Mr. Fashakin, if it were his personal resources, Mr. Akpabio would not do what he did, but having realised that Akwa Ibom earns a lot, based on 13 percent derivation, he could afford to spend on anything that catches his fancies.

He said, “This type of financial recklessness from governors of oil rich states is another reason militating against the passage of the PIB.

For Tope Fasua, an Abuja-based public affairs commentator, such behaviours are clearly as a result of lack of vision by our leaders.

What all these rubbish coming from the same wrong ppl... what has wedding gift got to do with PIB bill. This is what happens when you become too irrelevant in todays politics, forcing useless and unrequited opinion down our throat. This man is performing more than any other governor in Nigeria why the jealousy. SMH

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by TriggerHappy: 9:30am On Mar 15, 2013
Standing beside ur man in times of trials and tribulation shouldn't be an achievement cuz datz its expected of every woman, maybe its rare for men in Akwa Ibom state to find women like that, so the block head governor thought its wise to reward this woman but in reality he is indirectly insulting Akwa Ibom women. Hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by Dubemkelly(m): 9:34am On Mar 15, 2013
Gud riddance wid bad rubbish, his giving such a gift n making promises aint his priority,he's jux spending unnecessarily besides 2face aint a pauper,he has made his name n money, does it mean he gives cars 2 every daughter of AK or cos dey r celebrities? His presence @d trad wedding means a lot nt d gifts...Definitely der r thousands of citizens in AK soliciting 4rm help...He did d ryt thing @d wrong time....OGAS @THE TOP r full of shits...Datz all
Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by akin101: 9:46am On Mar 15, 2013
anotha stupid oga at the top
Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by Eperipopsi(m): 9:47am On Mar 15, 2013
i dnt blame d govrnor he is fahter chirstmas dats y he is givin out tinks as he like
Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by katordidi(m): 9:50am On Mar 15, 2013
wait o is it possible to sponsor 20 people to dubai on only 3 million naira?
Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by talk2s(m): 9:52am On Mar 15, 2013
Andyforte: Dear governor, with due respect, ur defense is simply annoying and makes no sense. This horrible statements which ur publicist was not ashamed to publish is an insult to us, and attempts to imply that the public is stupid and thus can be fed anything. There is no justification for the use of public funds for these kind of benevolence. YOU DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT. The blessings of our land belong to all of us and there are sons of akwa ibom alive today who cannot afford 3 square meals, a decent living space or even basic education for their children. You are very much aware of this. U know u have poor sons of the land, rightful owners of thiese blessings, who continue to suffer inadequate social amenities, underdevelopment and neglect, yet u thout it was smart to reward a faithful wife of and artiste with millions that could make a difference for many poor families? 2face is an international figure and is wealthy enough to reject ur offer, yet there are millions of others who are unknown in their local government who go hungry for days. Have u no fear of God?

Your hopeless explanations is devoid of common sense and can be likened to a thief who after been accused of stealing N29 in the town square, gave up himself just so he could tell the village he stole N20 only.

Akwa ibom is strong enough to not only set a standard of living for all other states to follow but also create wealth by exporting needed solutions to other stars. Akwa ibom can be a shinning jewel in Nigeria and a reference for cities of the world. This is what we hope for and not all these petty senseles expenditure passed off as strategies for publicity. I can't tell u how angry I am.

Pls recover those gifts and recall ur approval for the planned wedding appearance and attend to the overbearing needs of the state. I will personally investigate whether I have the capacity and the ground to sue you.

U are ranting absolute RUBBISH.
First investigate whether the gifts were from personal pockets or public coffers!
All of u guys that are ranting nonsense should do the same thing first, else i just conclude that POVERTY-MENTALITY is ur problem!
Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by terryjohn7: 9:57am On Mar 15, 2013
News update from the government house. The governor said is going to give every body that comment on this topic one SUV each.
Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by Valto(m): 10:19am On Mar 15, 2013
make una free akpabio joor...he is not the first to do so... afterall it was given to an akwa ibom indigene as wedding gift... the one other governors gives out to their numerous girlfriends nko

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by talk2s(m): 10:21am On Mar 15, 2013
Trigger Happy: It's only 20 people not 29, only one Jeep and not two........datz his defense. She is a daughter from da state and da gift is a gesture for standing beside her man in times of trials and tribulation. Is dat all Mr. Governor......... PLEASE GIVE ME A GOOD REASON WHY I SHOULD'NT PUT A HOLE IN THIS FOOOOOOL HEAD IF I GET THE CHANCE.

Na u be fool, not a performer like Obong Akpabio! Useme
Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by Nautillus(m): 10:36am On Mar 15, 2013
[size=14pt][/size]prof•li•gate

/ˈpräfligət/

Adjective
Recklessly extravagant or wasteful in the use of resources.

Noun
A licentious, dissolute person.

Synonyms
adjective. dissolute - rakish - wasteful - licentious - prodigal
noun. libertine - debauchee - spendthrift - rake - roue - rip

The "choice" word says it all... I rest my case
Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by Nobody: 10:42am On Mar 15, 2013
Imagine having to give a car gift to every daughter of Akwa Ibom at their wedding-just thinking!
Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by talk2s(m): 11:12am On Mar 15, 2013
The greatest obstacle that confronts mediocre minds which they battle unsuccessfully to overcome is the PULL HIM DOWN SYNDROME!
For the avoidance of doubt, Akpabio is the BEST PERFORMING governor in Nigeria. The Fashola you guys like mentioning is because many of you either resides in Lagos or visit Lagos often. Take a walk to Akwa Ibom, you will be amazed at the performance of the man. Better still, ask someone who had known Akwa Ibom some 5-10 years ago and has been to the State in the past 2-5 years to spot tje difference, the person would be availed with a thousand thing to point to.
STOP USING THIS OVERFLOCKED #3.M naira gift to PULL AKPABIO DOWN. He is worth more than that, a million times!
If, as it's clearly portrayed by your vituperations, that it hatred that causes all those abuses, the question is: who are you guys hating?
Is it AKwa Ibom?
Is it Annie?
Is it Tuface?
Is it Akpabio's Commissioner for information?
Is it Governor Akpabio?
Is it Goodluck ebele Johnathan?
OR
IS. IT. PDP?

Make I hear word.

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by Oballer: 11:47am On Mar 15, 2013
you guys dont get it...the Guv must have been "the Oga at the top of Anne" before...i dont understand why he would go all out for a lady who is not an ambassador of the state in any way? does she have an NGO that helps homeless or motherless akwa iboms? has she been a pioneer in any field at all....She got all that all because she married 2face....i better go and propose to Mariam Makeba then...lets see what Mandela and President Zuma will dash me private jet and a house in cape town........stand to be corrected o....wasteful lots

#just expressing my opinion..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Who Will Win Next Week Presidential Election? / Massive Protest Ongoing In Yenagoa By The APC / Ortom Presents Documents To Indict Presidency, Defence Minister, IGP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.