Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife (25838 Views)

Permanent-Secretaries Present Birthday Gifts To Bolanle Ambode / Tuface And Rep Member Herman Hembe Back In The Days / Fayose Presents Car Gifts To Teachers In Appreciation For Their Hard Works (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by babapupa: 4:10am On Mar 15, 2013

The controversy over music star Innocent "2face" Idibia acceptance of a controversial Toyota Prado SUV gift from the profligate governor of Akwa Ibom state, Godswill Akpabio is finally over.

The Akwa Ibom state government released a photo today showing Mr. Idibia looking on as the commissioner for Information, Aniekan Umanah presented the car keys to Annie Macauley–Idibia in the presence of her husband and a friend, Jackson Udom.

The governor will further spend addition millions of naira to sponsor some "relatives" of Mrs. Idibia to the second leg of the wedding to be held in Dubai.

Meanwhile, 2face don collect moto...

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by fkaz(m): 4:24am On Mar 15, 2013
Governor Akpabio of Akwa Ibom State on Thursday rose in stout defence of his controversial wedding gifts to hip pop musician, Tuface Idibia, saying the gesture was to reward the musician’s wife for standing by her husband in the face of difficulties.

How come Akpabio knows that Annie Macaulay was standing by tuface all these while, when tuface was playing foreign league with other women.
Governor Akpabio must be a good custodian, he is a nice man and Annie should know how to say thank you daddy. grin

2 Likes

Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by mbulela: 5:02am On Mar 15, 2013
Tuface is going from a defender of the masses to one of the partakers of the bazaar conducted by the barbarians in power exploiting and sharing our commonwealth with impunity.
Very soon,all those songs of his will stop making sense to the man on the street as by virtue of his marriage to this attention seeking LovePeddler, he would be one and the same with those being criticized.
Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by bros856: 5:29am On Mar 15, 2013
Akwa Ibom State Governor Akpabio goes about donating cash and cars to single and married women as if he is sharing toys with Akwa Ibom state fund. I pity the people of Akwa Ibom state because all they do is to clap for him. Everything in Akwa Ibom state belongs'to his family only, that is what the people celebrates. Governor Akpabio once donated over 30 brand new Toyota corolla to all Nollywood stars that came to Akwa Ibom for a movies shut directed by Emem Isong. He also shared millions of Naira amongst them. So you en see nothing.

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by speak2me: 5:37am On Mar 15, 2013
People my question is when tuface decided to leave nigeria and fly to dubai which is obviously more expensive to host an event then he should knw that tuface already is declaring that he is too rich to have his wedding in nigeria which more or less a slap on our government that a citizen is not even proud of his homeland. All he could do is encourage him more...bunch of dimwits..
Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by bros856: 5:41am On Mar 15, 2013
Akpabio is busy throwing Akwa Ibom state money like sand, just tell me what Tuface will do with Prado jeep when he can buy it anytime he feel like. GO DRIVE ROUND EKET AND IBENO MAIN TOWN WHERE HE HARVEST ALL THIS MONEY, THERE IS NO SINGLE GOOD ROAD. EKET PEOPLE HAVE NOTHING TO OFFER YET AKPABIO AND FAMILY ARE THROWING MONEY LIKE SAND ON UNECESSARY THINGS AND OCASSIONS LIKE IT BELONGS TO HIM OR HE WORKED FOR IT.

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by rumours: 5:44am On Mar 15, 2013
My brother/sister, it sounds like 'plea bargain' to me. God is watching...

Your hopeless explanations is devoid of common sense and can be likened to a thief who after been accused of stealing N29 in the town square, gave up himself just so he could tell the village he stole N20 only.

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by Ivynwa(f): 6:00am On Mar 15, 2013
MAYOWAAK: Governor Godswill Akpabio of Akwa Ibom State on Thursday rose in stout defence of his controversial wedding gifts to hip pop musician, Tuface Idibia, saying the gesture was to reward the musician’s wife for standing by her husband in the face of difficulties.

The governor had come under heavy criticism after he, on Friday, announced a gift of two brand new Toyota Prado SUVs to Tuface and his wife. He also reportedly promised to bankroll an all-expense paid trip for 29 delegates from the state to attend the white wedding of the couple fixed for Dubai, the United Arab Emirate on March 23.

Besides, he also hosted a lavish state dinner in honour of the couples and promised to rehabilitate the Eket-Ibeno Road ahead of the child dedication of Tuface and Annie.

But in a statement by his commissioner for information, Aniekan Umana, on Wednesday, Mr. Akpabio said he only approved a car, and not two, for the couple. He also said he only promised to sponsor 20, and not 29, wedding guests to Dubai for the couple’s white wedding.

The statement reads, “Following spurious and false speculations in the social media concerning the wedding gift by Governor Godswill Akpabio to Mrs. Annie Innocent Idibia, née Macaulay, I wish to state as follows:

“That the Governor of Akwa Ibom State Chief Godswill Akpabio, donated ONE Prado jeep to Mrs. Annie Innocent Idibia, nee Macaulay a daughter of Akwa Ibom State and renowned artist during her traditional marriage at Eket.

“That the State Governor as a token of support for the couple promised to fund the travelin expenses (economy return tickets) for ONLY TWENTY relatives of Mrs. Annie Idibia Macaulay to Dubai, where the couple have chosen to wed.

“That looking carefully at the surrounding events in perspective, Mrs. Annie Idibia, nee Macaulay is a daughter of Akwa Ibom State and the gift of a Prado SUV from her governor is only a gesture of love and goodwill. Her resolve to stand by her husband on his journey right from his days of youthful beginnings to stardom even in the face of challenges was commendable and a true attribute of the Akwa Ibom women.

“That It is however unbecoming that mischief makers and enemies of progress have decided to inflame the social media with incongruous reports that the State Government is sponsoring an

entourage of party supporters to the wedding in Dubai, when in fact the Government is only sponsoring the travel expenses of twenty of her family members at an estimated cost of roughly Three Million Naira (N3,000,000.00) only.

------------

They are now making Tuface, his baby mamas and Annie Macauley into a cindrella love story of "How Tuface passed through many tribulations/challenges and poor Annie was standing by his side like a true Akwa Ibom woman". Oh my God, that is so so laughable. Why defend and justify Tuface's father Abraham lifestyle when he was merely having affairs with these other ladies just like he had one with Annie. It's just his choice that he settled with her just like he would have settled with any of those women if he has chosen them. I just don't like it when some men impregnate some women, leave them with children and when they find better women that appeals more to them feel like they are the world's best studs and the other women they have impregnated get painted black and blue just like in the case of the man that was saying rubbish about his former marriage just because he wanted to marry the sexy Mercy Johnson. (I like the MJ actress though and isn't bad talking her in any way).

The governor is forgeting that right behind us all that Tuface may still get on lovey doveying with other women & even his baby mommas whenever he goes to play "father" to his children. I bet when he does that the governor will buy Macauley another Prado Jeep for standing by him in the face of "woman difficulties and challenges". He better find another good explanation to give his subjects instead of the flimsy one he is using.

3 Likes

Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by castro2: 6:26am On Mar 15, 2013
datz was rubbish!,dat money wud hav bin use for meaningful projects in d state. Any wher EFCC go help us.

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by NOIBMUUL(m): 6:31am On Mar 15, 2013
Gov. Akpabio was Annie's sugar daddy...
Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by merlinvi: 6:33am On Mar 15, 2013
castro2: datz was rubbish!,dat money wud hav bin use for meaningful projects in d state. Any wher EFCC go help us.
dare2think: Ok,

In all of these, he still has not explained if the expenses come from his personal budget or from the state's budget?

Should that not be the question that needed to be answered?

The irony regarding his justification is just ridiculous. lol

-Bought ONE car and not TWO.
- Sponsoring 20 family members not 29

Does it F/u/cking matter!!!

How does this affect the average akwa ibom citizen.
NOIBMUUL: Gov. Akpabio was Annie's sugar daddy...
dare2think: Ok,

In all of these, he still has not explained if the expenses come from his personal budget or from the state's budget?

Should that not be the question that needed to be answered?

The irony regarding his justification is just ridiculous. lol

-Bought ONE car and not TWO.
- Sponsoring 20 family members not 29

Does it F/u/cking matter!!!

How does this affect the average akwa ibom citizen.
Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by searay(m): 6:39am On Mar 15, 2013
To all the "Saints" on NL, when it is your opportunity to be given a jeep by Gov't Akpabio, please don't collect.

Me, I don reject for like 3 times now. Hypocrites

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by ibnjarir(m): 6:41am On Mar 15, 2013
All this is happening because we have a fearful parliament(frm state to fed level).If not, this is purely an impeachable offfence because this is a leader that lacks vision and has lost focus already.Hw many couples are out there married $ u can tell the story of how the bride stood by the husband's side during the cause of there struggle?.why didn't he send a gift together with even a representative to them?

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by Nobody: 6:49am On Mar 15, 2013
Those who roll with jona learn not to give a damn

I swear, its as if all these politicos have serious inferiority issues

These are the acts of a groupie
Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by iwanchop(m): 6:55am On Mar 15, 2013
skykenny: oga Akpabio has done nothin wrong. If i were in his shoes, I wil do more dan dat

The gods needs ur head as sacrifice to mark this year's stupidity carnival in ur village

2 Likes

Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by ayoola2002(m): 7:01am On Mar 15, 2013
If you wish the couples , HAPPY MARRIED LIFE, and u too to want to received unescpected blessing this year, LIKE this post.

Ignore it, if you dont.

2 Likes

Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by SimplySEA(m): 7:05am On Mar 15, 2013
Shey na because them announce am nain make una see mouth they talk....! Has d governor been lazy wit infrastructure and general developments? Has he not been doing donations around d state? Is he not one of
d best performing governors in d country? For all i care, d money could have com from anywhere.

Com o, what is 3million and an suv? Is it so much dat 2face can not afford.....? Haba, make we leave issues jor!

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by OkochiZico(m): 7:07am On Mar 15, 2013
Gov Akpabio why wasting d state resources on mere Turface trad marriage, when alot of Akwa Ibomite go to bed hungry? This is miplacement of PRIORITY.

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by AdituEde(m): 7:10am On Mar 15, 2013
I love criticisms, this is one. On the contrary, I'm not a baby who cannot reason beyond the feeding-bottle! Action they say speaks louder than words. There's more to it (Akpabio/Annie)
Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by iwanchop(m): 7:14am On Mar 15, 2013
The couple who chose to celebrate its wedding in Dubai knew they have the financial muscle to bear the cost,Akpabio has only displayed how extravagant he is.
N3m plus the price of 1 prado would comfortably build and equip a small health centre in a community.
A number of Akwa I bom indigenes r in the Uniuyo teaching hospital with no money to pay their treatment bill the governor has not deemed it fit to bail them out .Executive stupidity at play

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by Lucasbalo(m): 7:22am On Mar 15, 2013
Nigeria is doomed as long as its leaders thinks this way.

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by Nobody: 7:26am On Mar 15, 2013
any need, is d moni not the entire citizen of akwa ibom and annie an outaider?
Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by mrsough(m): 7:37am On Mar 15, 2013
skykenny: oga Akpabio has done nothin wrong. If i were in his shoes, I wil do more dan dat
Then you must be as stu/p/ID as he is. Why can't people think for God's sake. Is spending state money recklessly what he need to do now? I? the face of jobless graduate parading the streets everyday? Non/se/nce

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by terryjohn7: 7:39am On Mar 15, 2013
This one wey every body they vex if u were to be in his position u go do pass am.

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by mrsough(m): 7:40am On Mar 15, 2013
egbe4real: any need, is d moni not the entire citizen of akwa ibom and annie an outaider?
Bafooooo like u
Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by neksummi(m): 7:43am On Mar 15, 2013
They have the money to wed in Dubai why waste his or state money to sponsor 20 members of her family? Some graduates are looking to such amount to start a vibrant business and here they are wasting it on things that are not so important.

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by silat(f): 7:48am On Mar 15, 2013
Dis is beef. Is it easy 2 b a celeb. U ppl shod mind ur bigness jor n be happy 4 d couple. If it were 2 be anoda gov dat isn't working ,it's a diff ball game. But Godswill Akpabio has done son much for his state n is still doin more. So haters go n do smetin beta wit ur time,instead of gettin jealous.

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by sheedy407(m): 7:53am On Mar 15, 2013
What you all fail to kno is that 2Face brought Limelite into Nigeria Entertainment Industry and any state he comes from or marry,im very sure that same gov wuld ve done d same tin or more dan what d gov did.For u to kno,2face is a blessing to nigeria,to africa and he shuld b celebrated.abeg he need am jaree cos he is so so so humble.

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by Danhumprey: 7:59am On Mar 15, 2013
This man is a complete fool.. All i can read from his defense statement is bulls.hit. Like seriously??
Whats the big difference or what does it matter if its 29 guest or 20guest?? One prado or two?? A prado will still cost over a million..so wtf?!
This is just a case of misplaced priority and st.u.pidity.
Not that i'm against his giving them gift..but why to so much extent if there isn't more to the story?? Three million coulda changed the lives of some homeless kids..i'm certain.
Well i'm wondering why he quickly came out to defend himself....oh my bad!..he just remembered dat his oga at the top may not like it..daz all abi?? Mtchewww
angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by easiest(m): 8:04am On Mar 15, 2013
(PHOTO):Governor Akpabio purchases million-dollar bullet proof luxury vans?

Just months after purchasing a $45 million dollar jet, and a few days after recklessly
doling out several thousands of dollars to Nigerian music star, 2Face and his wife, Akwa Ibom
State Governor Godswill Akpabio has taken possession of several bulletproof sprinter luxury vans
from US based Texas Armoring Corporation (TAC)

http://www.nollylife.com/2013/03/governor-akpabio-purchases-million.html

Re: Akpabio Defends Wedding Gifts To Tuface And Wife by Policewoman(f): 8:05am On Mar 15, 2013
I don't blame the northern and Western Senators that opposed the PIB. It is because of reckless spending by our SS governors like this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fayemi Cautions The Nation Newspaper And Ojudu Over "Misleading Publication" / Yoruba Nation: Stay Away From Ondo, Akeredolu Warns Igboho, Others / Who Will Win Next Week Presidential Election?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.