Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,733 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

Jonathan Nominates Akinkuotu As Demuren’s Replacement - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Nominates Akinkuotu As Demuren’s Replacement (10581 Views)

Haliru Bello Wheelchair: Eniola Akinkuotu's Perspective / Jonathan Nominates Obanikoro, Six Others As Ministers / President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Nominates Akinkuotu As Demuren’s Replacement by Akpoistson(m): 8:00am On Mar 15, 2013
[quote author=fkaz]

Did you mean CAN(christain association of nigeria) or what? pls who is dis oga ist
Re: Jonathan Nominates Akinkuotu As Demuren’s Replacement by ninja4life(m): 8:11am On Mar 15, 2013
So many hidden posts must we politicise and tribalise evry dam action of our public officer instead of addressing d issue smh 4 all of una.back to topic i wish him well and hopes he carries out his duty effectively and not ass licking as our leaders practice
Re: Jonathan Nominates Akinkuotu As Demuren’s Replacement by crackhouse(m): 8:28am On Mar 15, 2013
But i thought they selected an igbo woman before. Anyway i have to keep quiet so that i will not say something and our Oga on top will come and say a different thing.
Re: Jonathan Nominates Akinkuotu As Demuren’s Replacement by OgaTheTop2: 8:34am On Mar 15, 2013
cool
Re: Jonathan Nominates Akinkuotu As Demuren’s Replacement by Nobody: 8:35am On Mar 15, 2013
Pls hide my post because I am about to bash some ppl some SWners....pls hide my post b4 i type it, nowwww
Re: Jonathan Nominates Akinkuotu As Demuren’s Replacement by abY2: 8:35am On Mar 15, 2013
why so many hidden post.na wa o. With i know of NCAA, Demuren was removed for not cooperating with the corrupt practises of some political 'stakeholders'. You fight corruption and it fights back,teaching the youths to embrace it.
Re: Jonathan Nominates Akinkuotu As Demuren’s Replacement by OgaTheTop2: 8:35am On Mar 15, 2013
kagari: O God, I don't know what to say to d oga at d top
cool
Re: Jonathan Nominates Akinkuotu As Demuren’s Replacement by OgaTheTop2: 8:37am On Mar 15, 2013
MajorJ: Abegii somebody help me askt his mods why they are hiding my post, it was an anti-tribalistic post for jesus' sake, why why do u like ur fellow nigerian being called oily soup?
cool
Re: Jonathan Nominates Akinkuotu As Demuren’s Replacement by seunajia: 8:57am On Mar 15, 2013
KDULAR: If this appointment is to appease tribal sentiments or sensibilities then it is rather unfortunate but if otherwise but based on merit ,track record and other non parochial reasons then congratulations to the new DG. I've said it before, Yorubas should stop whinning over representations in the Federal Government wait for the right time besides like before concentrate on self ( Yoruba) and personal development and stop behaving like those who'll stop at nothing debasing to get crumbs or left overs from FGN. Abi is it now better to postrate for maalu in order to eat beef?( No insult intended on any person or the Government o).

Omo oko nie, o kin se omo-ale.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Nominates Akinkuotu As Demuren’s Replacement by Ijebulogic(m): 9:12am On Mar 15, 2013
Exactly! When i get on a plane bound for Abuja, am i thinking " i hope the oga at the top of NCAA is competent and has ensured that the plane and airspace is safe" or am i thinking " i hope the oga at the top of NCAA is a yoruba man"? who cares where the man is from when it concerns life and death please? This tribalism rubbish will destroy this country...eventually.

ekwah:

smh why should the appointee's tribe even matter in this case?
Re: Jonathan Nominates Akinkuotu As Demuren’s Replacement by Newcrescent(m): 9:21am On Mar 15, 2013
Maxymilliano: Another interesting angle to the story...

Aviation sources confided in Daily Independent on Thursday that besides Akinkuotu, two others are also being considered for top appointment at the NCAA.

They are Dele Sasogbon and Benedict Oluwole Adeyileka.

While Sasogbon is scheduled to come on board as Director, General Aviation, Adeyileka has been pencilled down as the new Director of Airworthiness Standards (DAWS).

Sasogbon is presently the Special Assistant (Technical) to the Minister of Aviation.
Adeyileka is a Technical Director at Aero Contractors Airline.

Daily Independent learnt that the Federal Government, like Jonathan told Senate in the case of Akinkuotu, decided to make all the appointments from the South West region to correct the erroneous impression that the dismissal of Demuren had ethnic colouration.

It was equally gathered that Demuren would not have lost his job on Tuesday, but for the alleged intervention of former Lagos State Governor, Bola Tinubu.

“The Minister of Aviation, Princess Stella Oduah, had always maintained her stand that Demuren cannot be sacked based on the Dana crash of June 3, 2012. She even threatened at a time that she would quit her job should anything happen to Demuren. The Minister has a lot of respect for Demuren.

But to her (Oduah) surprise, Demuren took his case to Tinubu for intervention.

The former Lagos State Governor through an emissary pleaded with President (Jonathan) that Demuren is the last Yoruba man standing in the aviation industry and that he should be spared.

“Tinubu based his intervention on a letter sent to all heads of aviation parastatals to indicate when they would observe their annual vacation.

“Demuren was to proceed on vacation today (March 15, 2013). Perhaps, that letter was perceived as a prelude to his exit from the NCAA.

“When the President called the Minister to inform her of Tinubu’s intervention, she (Oduah) got angry and told the President to take his appropriate decision on Demuren. That was how he was sacked,” our source said on Thursday.

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2013/03/fg-names-akinkuotu-new-ncaa-dg/first-plane-land/

Junk journalist having a field day on this. What is the source of your report, please produce the proof of Tinubu's letter to Stakeholders and Presidency on this.
Re: Jonathan Nominates Akinkuotu As Demuren’s Replacement by TableLeg(m): 9:42am On Mar 15, 2013
demmy: Stella 'Oil Block' Oduah must be angry with this appointment. grin
Point of correction, he hasnt been appointed yet .. So you can tuck your rotten teeth back in!
Read properly before you comment next time!!!
Re: Jonathan Nominates Akinkuotu As Demuren’s Replacement by fuke(m): 9:54am On Mar 15, 2013
Al_Qaadir: Following the removal of the Director General of the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA), Harold Demuren, President Goodluck Jonathan has nominated, the rector of Ilorin College of Aviation, Kwara state, Fola Akinkuotu to take over the helm of the agency.
The rector of Ilorin College of Aviation, Kwara state, Fola Akinkuotu

In a letter to the Senate, President Jonathan asked the lawmakers to approve the confirmation of appointment of Mr Akinkuotu as the DG of NCAA.

According to a statement released by the Federal Government, Mr Demuren was sacked for failing to give a “satisfactory response” to stakeholders in the aviation sector.

The three paragraph statement read: “Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan has approved the removal of Dr. Harold Olusegun Demuren from office as the Director General of the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) with effect from 12th March 2013.

“This is consequent upon a careful consideration of Dr. Demuren’s unsatisfactory response to the numerous concerns of stakeholders in the aviation sector.”

Following the Dana Air crash in June last year, the National Assembly had launched into a probe of the aviation sector.

The investigation by both chambers of parliament had unearthed the rot in the sector and blamed Mr Demuren for turning a blind eye to the underhand dealings in the sector and compromising safety.

This led to the insistence by the House of Representatives for his sack.

The Senate had also confirmed the reappointment of Suleiman Barau as the Deputy Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria.
http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/03/14/jonathan-nominates-akinkuotu-as-demurens-replacement/

Ope o.
Re: Jonathan Nominates Akinkuotu As Demuren’s Replacement by Nobody: 9:55am On Mar 15, 2013
KDULAR: If this appointment is to appease tribal sentiments or sensibilities then it is rather unfortunate but if otherwise but based on merit ,track record and other non parochial reasons then congratulations to the new DG. I've said it before, Yorubas should stop whinning over representations in the Federal Government wait for the right time besides like before concentrate on self ( Yoruba) and personal development and stop behaving like those who'll stop at nothing debasing to get crumbs or left overs from FGN. Abi is it now better to postrate for maalu in order to eat beef?( No insult intended on any person or the Government o).

To be honest I'll rather not have any responsible, honest and patriotic Yoruba in this satanic government of gej, its like swimming in the mud with swine.
Re: Jonathan Nominates Akinkuotu As Demuren’s Replacement by godfadda6(m): 10:03am On Mar 15, 2013
In Captain Fola Akinkoutu, we have a professional, this appointment should be ractified immediately!

Captain Fola is not a charlatan in the aviation Industry, he practised in it, has personal flown the Nigerian airspace, knows the terrain and all. Maybe not the politics involved, but he can deliver!

If this is done, let me be the first to say "congradulation" Capt Fola!
Re: Jonathan Nominates Akinkuotu As Demuren’s Replacement by Valto(m): 10:14am On Mar 15, 2013
this post has been hidden!!
this thread has been hidden
grin grin
Re: Jonathan Nominates Akinkuotu As Demuren’s Replacement by IGBOSON1: 10:25am On Mar 15, 2013
buchibabe: Y all dis hidden posts Which offence una commit ehhh?

^^^I wonder too! As at yesterday, there were hardly any incendiary remarks (esp' on the 1st page) to warrant all these 'hidden posts'......must be some 'sensitive' moderator at work, and i have my guess as to who it is.
Re: Jonathan Nominates Akinkuotu As Demuren’s Replacement by IGBOSON1: 10:40am On Mar 15, 2013
Aggrippa: sentiments apart...again i still insist that Dr Demuren did well ...the man was rugged, relentless and fearless and above all very knowledgeable and inspiring. its not easy to maintain a high standard, always in a country like Naija, one is bound to face constant negative pressures!!! being a regulator is not easy...i just hope the new helms man will be 10TIMES fearless than Dr Demuren

Aggrippa: "...the man was rugged"

^^^You can say that again! grin grin
Re: Jonathan Nominates Akinkuotu As Demuren’s Replacement by badesco(m): 12:09pm On Mar 15, 2013
The president his only using this appointment to appease the Yoruba's and i can assure you this will still not go down with the Yoruba's. The President made a silly big mistake by removing the former DG.
Re: Jonathan Nominates Akinkuotu As Demuren’s Replacement by tpia5: 12:22pm On Mar 15, 2013
No bio of either him or demuren on the thread?

Not sure why nigerians always do things in this manner- you dont post bios on public figures.

Anytime there's an appointment, you're supposed to start with the person's info, such as hometown, parents's names, grandparents if possible, education, qualifications, work experience, personal life eg hobbies, etc etc.

And of course, one or more photos.

Gosh.
Re: Jonathan Nominates Akinkuotu As Demuren’s Replacement by ikweremilitant: 12:46pm On Mar 15, 2013
ola_pluto: Not surprising to see so many hidden post. The name Fola Akinkuotu triggers severe parkinsons of the finger in some NLanders.
atleast u have seen dat gej is not a bigot lyk obj or northanas.I knw all of tur colective blood presure will nw drop snce u didn't here ibo
Re: Jonathan Nominates Akinkuotu As Demuren’s Replacement by Nobody: 9:39pm On Mar 15, 2013
Remember his days in IRS, Huge Appreciation, always! and a Hearty Congratulations to a wonderful Captain - Fola Akinkuotu.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

JUDICIARY Gets Full Financial Independence (autonomy) / Buhari, Obasanjo To Speak At South-east Economic Summit / NNPC: New Refinery Will Cost About $12 Billion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.