Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,107 members, 7,811,118 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:09 AM

Diya And Adisa Already Pardoned In 1999 - Official Gazette Reveals - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Diya And Adisa Already Pardoned In 1999 - Official Gazette Reveals (16740 Views)

Anybody Complaining About Buhari Is Wasting His Time – Diya Oladipo / Army Sends Back Pardoned Soldiers To Fight Bokoharam / Abacha Offers Oladipo Diya Handkerchief To Wipe Rivers Of Tears (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diya And Adisa Already Pardoned In 1999 - Official Gazette Reveals by jadakiss213(m): 11:03pm On Mar 14, 2013
If Adisa was granted full Pardon,he would have been buried with complete Millitary Honours..Diya,Adisa and co were NEVER granted full Presidential 'Pardons'.They all looked up to Umaru Yaradua for it.Unfortunately,he did not grant that till he died.SR obviously goofed on this.
Re: Diya And Adisa Already Pardoned In 1999 - Official Gazette Reveals by babaowo: 11:04pm On Mar 14, 2013
vigasimple:
I think GEJ advisers are mixture of little men who don't know how to make a case even for a bad case as ALAMS, they took a very bad shortcut.

On another thought, ALAMS used to be GEJ father, and he needed to repay him, without ALAMS there can be no GEJ. The North has also not help GEJ because they are busy trying to unseat/unsetled him and NOT allow the country to work. The battle line for 2015 is being drawn because all the forces in the SS will be out in full force as the North are preparing to unseat GEJ.

Anyway, the NORTH are never sincere. Look at those lists of people pardon, they are politically motivated full of southerners in a fathom coup.

The noise level was only this much because we in the south who are educated will not like to see black and call it white BUT the North has always done this stuff and nobody can complain and or anything about it.

It is insensitive for GEJ to have pardon ALAMS, but this is Nigeria where some people think that they are BORN TO RULE and until we get rid of born to rule mentality, i am sorry i don't support GEJ but niether will I condemn him outrightly, he need his own 'creekmasters' to fight 'Boko Haram politicians'
....I agree he need support against North but if i were GEJ have should have do it in style,not like openly disgrace order like this....
Re: Diya And Adisa Already Pardoned In 1999 - Official Gazette Reveals by Sharrks: 11:05pm On Mar 14, 2013
clemency and pardon both means forgiveness,you are not talking to dunce on this forum.Aways get your facts right,pls do make dictionary your companion
gramci:

There's is no fact to check, sahara reporters goofed here, from the gazetted report they presented its very obvious that they are two categories, the first list in which Diya appeared belong to the clemency category while the second list is the pardon category. Based on this record presented by sahara reporters, Diya and Adisa were not pardoned in 1999.

It may interest you to know that pardon and clemency might look similar but are quite distinctive.

1 Like

Re: Diya And Adisa Already Pardoned In 1999 - Official Gazette Reveals by Costa2000(m): 11:07pm On Mar 14, 2013
idirect: How on earth can any government pardon two people for a crime that they had already been pardoned for 13 years earlier? This man has proved to be the greatest eediot yet to rule this countryangry
Our oga at top must hear this.
Re: Diya And Adisa Already Pardoned In 1999 - Official Gazette Reveals by emmatok(m): 11:09pm On Mar 14, 2013
See the way GEJ fans are panicky.

Weather CLEMENCY or PARDON,
It means the have been cleared many years ago.

So why do it again to justify ALAMs pardon.

1 Like

Re: Diya And Adisa Already Pardoned In 1999 - Official Gazette Reveals by andyanders: 11:15pm On Mar 14, 2013
Sharrks: clemency and pardon both means forgiveness,you are not talking to dunce on this forum.Aways get your facts right,pls do make dictionary your companion

Allow people to say what they like. Diya and Alamesegha are two different issues here. One stole money and was convicted for stealing and the other for getting involved in coup. Why must the president pardon an ex convict?
People are here talking about clemency and pardon instead of facing the issue at hand.If na school or dictionary you came here to talk about or the so called government trying to clear an ex convict so that he can come back and run for elective office. Why not pardon Bode George also an ex convict? Why must the president be biased here?
Re: Diya And Adisa Already Pardoned In 1999 - Official Gazette Reveals by jadakiss213(m): 11:16pm On Mar 14, 2013
emmatok: See the way GEJ fans are panicky.

Weather CLEMENCY or PARDON,
It means the have been cleared many years ago.

So why do it again to justify ALAMs pardon.
they were cleared years ago and the Presidential Advisory Council still recommended to Yaradua for Diya,Adisa and co to be granted full Presidential Pardon? seems there so many daft people wt comprehension issues on ds forum or at best just displaying ignorance.

3 Likes

Re: Diya And Adisa Already Pardoned In 1999 - Official Gazette Reveals by maclatunji: 11:20pm On Mar 14, 2013
Watching Doyin Okupe defending the pardon on NTA. Waiting for the excuse to be given tomorrow for this rubbish.
Re: Diya And Adisa Already Pardoned In 1999 - Official Gazette Reveals by mbhs139(m): 11:26pm On Mar 14, 2013
dayokanu: Further evidence that Retardeen Jonathan is clueless

See, I don't really think GEJ is clueless or retard as we think. I think he's fraudulently smart. And that's the only people who seems to be making it in Nigeria
Re: Diya And Adisa Already Pardoned In 1999 - Official Gazette Reveals by jadakiss213(m): 11:30pm On Mar 14, 2013
maclatunji: Watching Doyin Okupe defending the pardon on NTA. Waiting for the excuse to be given tomorrow for this rubbish.
There is no 'rubbish' here except the one u and ur ill-informed goons are trying to put up.

4 Likes

Re: Diya And Adisa Already Pardoned In 1999 - Official Gazette Reveals by mbhs139(m): 11:33pm On Mar 14, 2013
jadakiss213: If Adisa was granted full Pardon,he would have been buried with complete Millitary Honours..Diya,Adisa and co were NEVER granted full Presidential 'Pardons'.They all looked up to Umaru Yaradua for it.Unfortunately,he did not grant that till he died.SR obviously goofed on this.

You are the one that actually goofed on this and let me tell you why.

First of all, remember that being "buried with complete military honour", like you claimed, is not a right. It's matter of choice.

Secondly, remember that Adisa is a Muslim from Kwara, and knowing what Islam says about burying the dead, his body could not have been delayed to be given the full military honour you strongly crave for.

Finally, please prove me wrong that it is a most to be given full militrary honour after death
Re: Diya And Adisa Already Pardoned In 1999 - Official Gazette Reveals by mbhs139(m): 11:34pm On Mar 14, 2013
But there is something I'm not getting here, are there people in this country who sees nothing wrong this very act of their president?
Re: Diya And Adisa Already Pardoned In 1999 - Official Gazette Reveals by gramci: 11:36pm On Mar 14, 2013
Sharrks: clemency and pardon both means forgiveness,you are not talking to dunce on this forum.Aways get your facts right,pls do make dictionary your companion

Before I leave you to wallow in ignorance, let me ask you, did you go through the gazetted document? Because if you do you would have seen that the categorisation.

Its a shame how lettered individuals easily expose their ignorance.
Re: Diya And Adisa Already Pardoned In 1999 - Official Gazette Reveals by jadakiss213(m): 11:43pm On Mar 14, 2013
mbhs139: But there is something I'm not getting here, are there people in this country who sees nothing wrong this very act of their president?
.and what 'act' are u reffering to here?
Re: Diya And Adisa Already Pardoned In 1999 - Official Gazette Reveals by ozoneamani: 11:46pm On Mar 14, 2013
MOGs where are thou! I hope the Redeemed Church will learn a lesson from this not to allow stu pid leaders at its pupilt.
Re: Diya And Adisa Already Pardoned In 1999 - Official Gazette Reveals by gramci: 11:47pm On Mar 14, 2013
mbhs139:

You are the one that actually goofed on this and let me tell you why.

First of all, remember that being "buried with complete military honour", like you claimed, is not a right. It's matter of choice.

Secondly, remember that Adisa is a Muslim from Kwara, and knowing what Islam says about burying the dead, his body could not have been delayed to be given the full military honour you strongly crave for.

Finally, please prove me wrong that it is a most to be given full militrary honour after death

Do you bother to ask yourself why Diya was often referred to as Mr. Oladipo Diya as agains Lt. Gen Oladipo Diya. if we can answer this, then I think the issue of clemency and pardon will be resolved without much ado.

As for sahara reporters, its obvious they trive in misinformation

1 Like

Re: Diya And Adisa Already Pardoned In 1999 - Official Gazette Reveals by jadakiss213(m): 11:57pm On Mar 14, 2013
ozoneamani: MOGs where are thou! I hope the Redeemed Church will learn a lesson from this not to allow stu pid leaders at its pupilt.
and where did this f00l jump out from? did u for a moment think u made sense wt this your stvpid post?
Re: Diya And Adisa Already Pardoned In 1999 - Official Gazette Reveals by yomip3t(m): 11:58pm On Mar 14, 2013
MAYOWAAK: OUR DISTURBED PRESIDENT: I understand from a reliable source that President Jonathan is seriously considering closing down his facebook page. Why? In the last 24 hours, I was told by my source that Mr President is very disturbed about the insults and curses that people were hauling at him on his facebook wall. Should he close it down?

GO TO : Who Wants To Be A Millionaire for answers.
Re: Diya And Adisa Already Pardoned In 1999 - Official Gazette Reveals by emmatok(m): 12:02am On Mar 15, 2013
jadakiss213: they were cleared years ago and the Presidential Advisory Council still recommended to Yaradua for Diya,Adisa and co to be granted full Presidential Pardon? seems there so many daft people wt comprehension issues on ds forum or at best just displaying ignorance.

You probably the daft one here.

Learn to express yourself better next time.
Re: Diya And Adisa Already Pardoned In 1999 - Official Gazette Reveals by jadakiss213(m): 12:05am On Mar 15, 2013
emmatok:

You probably the daft one here.

Learn to express yourself better next time.
still not impressed.
Re: Diya And Adisa Already Pardoned In 1999 - Official Gazette Reveals by ypzilanti: 12:06am On Mar 15, 2013
EFCC just sent a message that they are working really hard to convict more corrupt governors for GEJ to pardon.
Re: Diya And Adisa Already Pardoned In 1999 - Official Gazette Reveals by ypzilanti: 12:11am On Mar 15, 2013
Dear Nairalanders, I am a young bright eyed staff of EFCC and I read the news yesterday...about the pardons.

I have just been offered a bribe of $500,000 by a corrupt ex governor. Should I refuse my bribe and arrest the governor (losing $500,000) only for GEJ to pardon the guy in next few years? Or should I take the money and 'pardon' the guy myself?

2 Likes

Re: Diya And Adisa Already Pardoned In 1999 - Official Gazette Reveals by Maxymilliano(m): 12:12am On Mar 15, 2013
From a bigger brother,

Femi Fani-Kayode

BETWEEN A PRESIDENTIAL PARDON AND CLEMENCY-

There is a distinction between a "pardon" and"clemency". Clemency sometimes includes a"pardon" because its a general term but sometimes it doesn't.

What Generals Diya, Olanrewaju, Adisa and others were granted in 1999 was clemency and not a pardon. It is now up to the Presidency to tell us whether the clemency that was given to these gentlemen in 1999 included a pardon or did not include a pardon.

If it did then they have no business granting another pardon for the same people 13 years later. If it did not then they have every right to do so.

This is my position.

End of discussion!
Re: Diya And Adisa Already Pardoned In 1999 - Official Gazette Reveals by Nobody: 12:13am On Mar 15, 2013
Okupe and co will push our clueless presido into the pit of no return.Then madaam Aso rock will know that no one but mr President is his own enemy.Let's wait for the next blunder from aso rock.
Re: Diya And Adisa Already Pardoned In 1999 - Official Gazette Reveals by geedeex2(m): 12:24am On Mar 15, 2013
There's a difference between pardon and clemency. General Abdusalami Abubakar only granted general Diya and the rest clemency not pardon. Even then many of us criticised him for not granting them full pardon.

1 Like

Re: Diya And Adisa Already Pardoned In 1999 - Official Gazette Reveals by jadakiss213(m): 12:25am On Mar 15, 2013
maoolakanm: Okupe and co will push our clueless presido into the pit of no return.Then madaam Aso rock will know that no one but mr President is his own enemy.Let's wait for the next blunder from aso rock.
there was no 'blunder' in this case..ur rants are at best unnecessary.i suggest u get some sleep bro.
Re: Diya And Adisa Already Pardoned In 1999 - Official Gazette Reveals by Nobody: 12:46am On Mar 15, 2013
Coup plotters trying to dispose other coup plotters isn't a crime in the first instance, hence there should be no need for pardon.

Is jonathan gonna pardon Buhari, Ibb, Gowon, and Obj 2?

Only coup plotters that overthrows a democratically elected gov are law breakers (Buhari)..
Re: Diya And Adisa Already Pardoned In 1999 - Official Gazette Reveals by tutu1: 12:51am On Mar 15, 2013
This is is true, it will be the second time is is making a public decision without thinking twice, first decision was to rename Unilag, I wonder what kind of advisers he has, I just so sad that such gullible people headed by GEJ are the ones leading us, If he was my employee i for done sack am since grin He doesn't even know how to be a bad guy lol
Re: Diya And Adisa Already Pardoned In 1999 - Official Gazette Reveals by disboy: 1:18am On Mar 15, 2013
obo_man: Coup plotters trying to dispose other coup plotters isn't a crime in the first instance, hence there should be no need for pardon.

Is jonathan gonna pardon Buhari, Ibb, Gowon, and Obj 2?

Only coup plotters that overthrows a democratically elected gov are law breakers (Buhari)..

So a democratically elected govt that is stealling the country dry should b allowed 2 do so?
Re: Diya And Adisa Already Pardoned In 1999 - Official Gazette Reveals by olivertwist: 1:44am On Mar 15, 2013
State pardon for a convicted criminal (former Bayelsa State governor, Dipreye Alamieyeseigha) who stole public funds running into Billions of Naira shocked shocked shocked

10 years jail term for a common pick-pocket who stole N100 in order to feed his hungry family cry cry cry

Only in Nigeria undecided undecided undecided
Re: Diya And Adisa Already Pardoned In 1999 - Official Gazette Reveals by Policewoman(f): 3:34am On Mar 15, 2013
dayokanu: Further evidence that Retardeen Jonathan is clueless
Isn't it about time nairaland begins censoring d use of d derogatory word "retardeen" to describe our president? Or is it because he is not from a particular tribe?

2 Likes

Re: Diya And Adisa Already Pardoned In 1999 - Official Gazette Reveals by dayokanu(m): 3:39am On Mar 15, 2013
YarAdull was not censored by Nairaland either during the last regime

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Deizani Alison-Madueke Denies Leasing Planes For 10 Billion Naira / Osun By-Election: Fayose Congratulates Adeleke, Says Isiaka Didn’t Die In Vain / Igbo Community In Delta Endorses Okowa For Second Term

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.