Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,176 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:12 AM

Diya And Adisa Already Pardoned In 1999 - Official Gazette Reveals - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Diya And Adisa Already Pardoned In 1999 - Official Gazette Reveals (16741 Views)

Anybody Complaining About Buhari Is Wasting His Time – Diya Oladipo / Army Sends Back Pardoned Soldiers To Fight Bokoharam / Abacha Offers Oladipo Diya Handkerchief To Wipe Rivers Of Tears (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diya And Adisa Already Pardoned In 1999 - Official Gazette Reveals by IYANGBALI: 2:24pm On Mar 15, 2013
Policewoman: Isn't it about time nairaland begins censoring d use of d derogatory word "retardeen" to describe our president? Or is it because he is not from a particular tribe?
shut the fok up ashawo,it it because GEJ and alam blow are from your village?
Re: Diya And Adisa Already Pardoned In 1999 - Official Gazette Reveals by ekuri77: 3:02pm On Mar 15, 2013
[quote author=idirect]Official Gazette Reveals Generals Diya And Adisa Already Pardoned In 1999

By SaharaReporters, New York

SaharaReporters has proof that this week’s state pardon of convicted former Bayelsa State governor, Dipreye Alamieyeseigha was merely garnished with other names to cover up the true intent.

An official document known as the "Supplement To The Official Gazette Extraordinary No 33, Vol. 86" published on May 26, 1999 and signed by then military head of state, General Abdusalami Alhaji Abubakar, shows that Lt. General D.O Diya; Maj-Gen. A.T Olanrewaju, Maj-Gen. A.K Adisa and several others were granted clemency at that time, 14 years ago.
This document confirms that the pardon granted by President Goodluck Jonathan this week to some military generals accused of coup plotting was mere padding to make the pardon of Alamieyeseigha, his former boss who was convicted for grand theft in Bayelsa state, appear palatable to increasingly incredulous Nigerian citizens and international observers.

The gazette, made on March 4, 1999, also listed several other beneficiaries of government clemency, including civilians.

The gazette exposes President Jonathan’s hollow desperation to confuse Nigerians with the specious argument that the clemency had merely been extended to a number of Nigerians who deserved it, rather than a particular kleptocrat governor who stole millions of dollars from Bayelsa State.

Meanwhile, the decision has continues to attract wide condemnation from within and outside Nigeria. An anti-corruption seminar sponsored by the Niger State government and the Ministry of Planning in Minna today quickly dovetailed into a major discussion about the pardon granted Mr. Alamieyeseigha. Speakers Segun Adeniyi, Dino Melaye, and Kaduna based activist Shehu Sanni condemned the pardon by President Jonathan as they discussed a paper presented by a former Minister of External Affairs, Prof. Bolaji Akinyemi.

With reference to the gazette, popular Nigeria civil rights attorney, Femi Falana, told SaharaReporters today that there is no provision for double pardon in Nigerian law, underlining that Monday's pardon of DSP Alamieyeseigha was a package of fraud that has been exposed by the federal gazette.

Doyin Okupe, a presidential adviser on public affairs, spent all of yesterday speaking to a variety of media organizations at home and abroad in the effort to nail down the impression that the pardon of Alamieyeseigha is both fair and honourable.

Mr. Jonathan has said that he has no apologies for the nationally-reviled pardon. By the pardon, Alamieyeseigha will now be free to accept government appointments, contracts and honours, as well

WONDERS SHALL NEVER END.....
Re: Diya And Adisa Already Pardoned In 1999 - Official Gazette Reveals by sucess001(m): 4:42pm On Mar 15, 2013
i was also surprised when i read about this pardon. i was aware Diya was pardoned by Obj i tink...or maybe abdusalam back then...GEJ is just reinforcing his sleeazy character
Re: Diya And Adisa Already Pardoned In 1999 - Official Gazette Reveals by IFELEKE(m): 6:44pm On Mar 15, 2013
When a clueless man rides on luck,all should expect a bumpy journey all the way!
Re: Diya And Adisa Already Pardoned In 1999 - Official Gazette Reveals by thirty(m): 9:30am On Mar 16, 2013
It better we call for cluesless GEJ impeachment before he pardon all convicted the prisoners.
Re: Diya And Adisa Already Pardoned In 1999 - Official Gazette Reveals by bidell1(f): 9:30am On Mar 16, 2013
sucess001: i was also surprised when i read about this pardon. i was aware Diya was pardoned by Obj i tink...or maybe abdusalam back then...GEJ is just reinforcing his sleeazy character

You dont even know and you sound like that NSCDC dude.

Re: Diya And Adisa Already Pardoned In 1999 - Official Gazette Reveals by ola4gud: 11:59am On Mar 16, 2013
D govt is confess also I did nt blame him in nigeria we don ave record..
Re: Diya And Adisa Already Pardoned In 1999 - Official Gazette Reveals by manmade(m): 12:06pm On Mar 16, 2013
idirect: How on earth can any government pardon two people for a crime that they had already been pardoned for 13 years earlier? This man has proved to be the greatest eediot yet to rule this countryangry
Stop misleading people here.Clemency and Pardon are two different things,only Obj was pardöned by Abdulsalam Adm. the rest were given clemency, that xplaind why the gazette mentioned d forfeiture of their properties while Obj's properties was never seized.

1 Like

Re: Diya And Adisa Already Pardoned In 1999 - Official Gazette Reveals by manmade(m): 1:07pm On Mar 16, 2013
engrfcuksmtin: You are very Stewpid. She-goat.
Donkey-head, why are u insulting her? When next u do dat I'll call u HE-GOAT.
Re: Diya And Adisa Already Pardoned In 1999 - Official Gazette Reveals by Nobody: 2:28pm On Mar 16, 2013
I gues u ar rite @manmade. Even tho we oredy knw dt Alams is de real target, frm de legal point of view, i tink clemency and pardon mean diffrent things. Ds pardon is not only shameful but also wickednes.
Re: Diya And Adisa Already Pardoned In 1999 - Official Gazette Reveals by sucess001(m): 3:42pm On Mar 18, 2013
bidell1:

You dont even know and you sound like that NSCDC dude.

dont u feel st.upid after you wrote that? i would if i were you.
Re: Diya And Adisa Already Pardoned In 1999 - Official Gazette Reveals by manmade(m): 4:52pm On Mar 19, 2013
Patsey: [size=15pt]Believe it or not, GEJ is an imbeci1e who has no clue. That he's Nigeria's President beggars believe![/size]
Who is this young fool?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Presidency: No Deal With Onnoghen Over Resignation / Arisetv And Rufai Oseni Lied About Chicago University Denying Tinubu – Omokri / PDP Youth South/South East Rally & Townhall Meeting (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.