Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,229 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy (19014 Views)

Patience Jonathan’s Look At Alamieyeseigha's Service Of Song (Pictured) / Jonathan, Alamieyeseigha, Others To Attend Dickson’s Declaration / ‎​How I Met Goodluck Jonathan -Alamieyeseigha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by Dodfather(m): 4:18pm On Mar 15, 2013
it is shameful that a daylight robber like Alams got state pardon while people are in jail for stealing pepper.
Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by baysol: 4:31pm On Mar 15, 2013
CFCfan: The Presidency, increasingly desperate, has again tried to justify the pardon it granted, Mr. Diepriye Alamieseigha, describing the convicted former Governor of Bayelsa State as responsible for an increase in the barrels of oil Nigeria now sells on the international market.

The Senior Special Assistant to President Goodluck Jonathan on Public Affairs, Doyin Okupe, made the wild claim at a press briefing in Abuja on Thursday.

“I thought he was going to say the man has refunded millions of dollars he stole when he was in office,” an angry reporter who covered the briefing stated.

But Okupe told the astonished journalists, “In truth,nAlamieseigha since he left prison has been working strenuously and silently to assist the President stabilize the amnesty in the Niger Delta region.

“Alamieseigha is a foremost leader of the Ijaw Nation, and his political and stabilizing influence in that region has impacted positively on the overall economy of the nation, bringing crude oil exports from the abysmally low level of 700,000bpd to over 2.4million bpd.”

Okupe, the attack dog who came to the presidency last year with serious ethical questions of his own, added that Alamieseigha, who is still wanted by British authorities, can be credited with ensuring that the blood running through Nigeria's economic artery is not cut off.

Seeking to find comfortable parallels on which to hang the issue of the discredited former governor and a president whose credibility continues to plunge, he likened Alamieseigha’s pardon to that of the late Obafemi Awolowo and that of the late Ikemba Nnewi, Chief Odumegwu Ojukwu, stressing that they were once pardoned by the state. He forgot to say that none of those men stole from children and the poor who were under their charge.

Okupe continued to insist that Alamieseigha has repented, and that he "lost his position, forfeited the property illegally acquired and had also demonstrated enough soberness after he served his sentence."

Source: http://saharareporters.com/news-page/desperate-times%C2%A0alamieseigha%C2%A0-crucial-nigerias-economy-president-jonathan-says

Na Now I trully believe say this president really mumu die. How you go compare Alamieseigha pardon to Awolowo's or any other Nigerians for that matter. How much of credibility has Nigeria lost because of these thieving man? How do you explain this madness in presidency and the parrot Okupe glossing wrong on the face. He who has coconut cracked on his head will definitely not do in the eating. Make we continue dey sidon look.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by RanchOwner: 4:31pm On Mar 15, 2013
What has Dr Reuben Abati got to say now about the 'hot' topic of the day.
Since he's the Speical Advisor on Media to the President or has Dr Okupe taken over his job completely?.
This is a link to what he wrote back in 2005.

http://nigeriavillagesquare.com/articles/reuben-abati/alami-should-go-its-over.html
Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by WaleLeemson: 4:38pm On Mar 15, 2013
God go punish your mouth Doyin Okupe for mentioning our icon Awolowo. using our great Awo to compare that criminal. you the son of a bastard. the Oduduwa people reject and forbid you. BASTARD
Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by BetaThings: 4:40pm On Mar 15, 2013
thelastPope: This is a fact and it isn't new. Go and check all the news and even threads on NL dating back as much as 3 to 4 years and you will see it clearly. Alameisegha was the biggest factor behind the Niger Delta amnesty.

Whether you agree that that is enough for him to get pardon is another debate entirely. But it is a known fact that Alameseigha was the man that got the militants to drop their arms and accept amnesty. He still remains a respected leader because of what he did for those guys over the years.

You will be fooolish to expect that those youths will throw him under the bus because of his corruption case when he has really helped them for years.

Alams stole the money of these guys. How can I take N100 belonging to all of us and now spend N20 on "charity" and say the people should be grateful for my help! Did I use my hard-earned money to help them?

I can understand the theft committed by a man whose wife in is labour, cannot feed himself and needs to buy drugs
The only reason Alams stole was greed and selfishness. Period
Those youths are misled. They should be pressing GEJ to jail (I actually want shooting) ALL corrupt public officials. They have a moral stand to insist that all parts of the country produce thieves and ALL must taste the shame and perhaps execution
It should not be "pardon our own because you have not got others"

BTW we were once told that Abacha was indispensable to Nigeria
Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by BetaThings: 4:48pm On Mar 15, 2013
Wale Leemson: God go punish your mouth Doyin Okupe for mentioning our icon Awolowo. using our great Awo to compare that criminal. you the son of a bastard. the Oduduwa people reject and forbid you. BASTARD
Let me darken your mood further
Okupe actually said that if the oil in the Niger Delta had been in the SW, the geogrpahy of this country would have been different
He added that if the oil in the Niger Delta had been in the North, the geogrpahy of this country would have been different

In summary, according to the presidency, the SW and the North are the problems of this country
Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by Feedmemore(f): 5:00pm On Mar 15, 2013
There is something GEJ knows that we the rest of Nigerians don't know... If not, i can't fathom why he should grant a pardon to a certify criminal/embezzler. He has just lost the little credibility left in his administration. What a shamless lot.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by Dahbutter(m): 5:51pm On Mar 15, 2013
Am not in the least bit surprised at GEJ's actions, I mentioned it b4 that we r going to have a puppet in power whose loyalty was to a bunch of greedy selfish bastardz! The bockhead hasn't a mind of his own, I mean honestly answer this: Does GEJ look intelligent to u?

Don't be surprised when Ibori's state pardon and presidential welcome happens.
Unknown to many those two were the money power sustaining militancy in the Niger Delta
Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by Osota(m): 6:19pm On Mar 15, 2013
alala dakosta: i think they should just make him minister of petroleum.since oil sales as increase since he left the prison. foolish people
that's what would be done in the end.
Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by lastpage: 6:45pm On Mar 15, 2013
Gosh, why cant the word "slowpoke" be left alone?
Each time "Oga at the Top" (...and those men of the belly he calls his "aides"wink open their mouth, Bingo my Dog is always shouting M.O.R.O.N! angry angry

Truly, Rwanda will be child's play, when Nigeria finally collapse. Just watch.

Lastpage!
Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by yemmy19(m): 10:05pm On Mar 15, 2013
Crucial jare...GEJ wȊ̝̊̅ℓℓ not make me to stop laughing
Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by Afam4eva(m): 10:22pm On Mar 15, 2013
thelastPope: This is a fact and it isn't new. Go and check all the news and even threads on NL dating back as much as 3 to 4 years and you will see it clearly. Alameisegha was the biggest factor behind the Niger Delta amnesty.

Whether you agree that that is enough for him to get pardon is another debate entirely. But it is a known fact that Alameseigha was the man that got the militants to drop their arms and accept amnesty. He still remains a respected leader because of what he did for those guys over the years.

You will be fooolish to expect that those youths will throw him under the bus because of his corruption case when he has really helped them for years.
[size=14pt]Whether he was the one that increased Nigeria's GDP by 1000% is not the issue here. The point is that he's a thief and once a thief always a thief. These people should not play with our sensibilities. We're no fools.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by EzeUche(m): 10:26pm On Mar 15, 2013
Sometimes you have to make a deal with the devil.
Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by gramci: 10:37pm On Mar 15, 2013
Afam4eva:
[size=14pt]Whether he was the one the increased Nigeria's GDP by 1000% is not the issue here. The point is that he's a thief and once a thief always a thief. These people should not play with our sensibilities. We're no fools.[/size]

As someone said earlier, pardon isn't meant for saints.
Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by Afam4eva(m): 10:38pm On Mar 15, 2013
gramci:

As someone said earlier, pardon isn't meant for saints.
[size=14pt]How about pardoning all the criminals in our prisons or is pardon meant for some particular individuals?[/size]
Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by Nobody: 11:26pm On Mar 15, 2013
Jonathan, Jonathan, Jonathan, how many times did i call you. nwepu aka enwe na ofe Jonathan.
Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by Eziachi: 12:36am On Mar 16, 2013

You guys always have a ready made explanation for everything, irrespective of how jaw breaking it might sound or look.
So Alam can now be compared to our Ikemba and you nodded in affirmation? Nice to know!

Without Alam skills the boys from the Creek will go crazy? but forgetting that the Creek insurgency started under his watch as governor of Bayelsa and that they are the remnant of the forces he used and dumped for his election rigging into power in the first place?

If Alams is all this skillful in crises management and manufacturing of peace, then maybe Nigeria got the wrong person as president, they should have given it to him and by now he could have sorted the Boko Haram issue, of which the one there is clueless on how to go about it.
Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by Nobody: 1:08am On Mar 16, 2013
See what ur senseless votes has caused.voting with sentiments; u see ur lives. Brainless followers choosing brainless leaders. Ntouyin. God catch all of u that voted this straight-from-birth imbeciile
Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by Moralistli(m): 1:38am On Mar 16, 2013
Is Alamieyeseigha an economist? ,,,,,Hey, Pres Jona has just goofed again,,,,

I see a vision-less bat exercising nepotism!
Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by nig77: 6:02am On Mar 16, 2013
NOW WITH THIS AND OTHER EYES POOPING NEWS IN OUR COUNTRY THE QUESTION IS!!!

IS THERE STILL HOPE FOR NIGERIA?
Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by musiwa19: 6:59am On Mar 16, 2013
Alamieseigha has nothing to do with why people stop blowing up pipeline...
Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by davseun2ta(m): 7:30am On Mar 16, 2013
Dahbutter: Am not in the least bit surprised at GEJ's actions, I mentioned it b4 that we r going to have a puppet in power whose loyalty was to a bunch of greedy selfish bastardz! The bockhead hasn't a mind of his own, I mean honestly answer this: Does GEJ look intelligent to u?

Don't be surprised when Ibori's state pardon and presidential welcome happens.
Unknown to many those two were the money power sustaining militancy in the Niger Delta

seriously! GEJ's moves lacks self will.He doesnt think before leaping,he leaps before thinking and the most annoying part is that he makes flemzzy excuses to back up his actions.He is indeed a puppet,that is directed by "the Oga at the top" ... Am not surprised as well..
Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by davseun2ta(m): 7:54am On Mar 16, 2013
nig77: NOW WITH THIS AND OTHER EYES POOPING NEWS IN OUR COUNTRY THE QUESTION IS!!!

IS THERE STILL HOPE FOR NIGERIA?

there is!!! If and only if Nigerian Youths take the bull by it horn.Exercise their franchise out of the fact that whoever they vote in,has Vision and no Oga at the top! This is the consequency of voting out of pity. Jonathan was voted out of empathy,now the international body is sympathising with Us Nigerians,cos of our failed leaders... Lets say NO! TO OGA AT THE TOP
Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by Gabriellee1(m): 10:11am On Mar 16, 2013
Alam has tried. He did what he had to do to survive. In a fight dat u cant win,u run to fight another day,and dats wat he did. He was not d first to eat his people money. He ate and he worked. We have governors who eat and do nothing. He deserved it cus he has served and worked for this pardonment,if anyone has got a problem with dat,let him go and pray for God's kingdom to come.
Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by lekzyn(m): 10:26am On Mar 16, 2013
this is the most funniest statement i av heard this year 2013 "Mr. Diepriye Alamieseigha,
describing the convicted former
Governor of Bayelsa State as
responsible for an increase in
the barrels of oil Nigeria now
sells on the international market". I think Mr Oga At The Top is crazy saying this idiotic words (sorry for insulting mr presidor). sincerely speaking Gej is out of is mind and these so called Okupe n Abati.
Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by wirinet(m): 11:22am On Mar 16, 2013

You people must think everybody here is a kid. We the adults know that the so called Niger delta militants (Ijaw youths) was created, funded and armed mainly by DSP Alamiesiegha and Peter Odilli. That is why Alams is still referred to as the genaralsimo of Ijaw land. The Niger delta militants were the military arm of PDP (state chapter), just as Boko Haram was a military arm of PDP. The problem was that these military wings of PDP developed their own agenda after elections.

So if you want us to give some credits to Alams for ending (or should i say suspension of militancy, because i am sure they would resume after the Ijaw lose the presidency), we should also assign blame to him for creating the militants in the first place.

Another thing is that the Ijaws are using militancy to blackmail Nigeria. They are threatening that GEJ must be returned as president (with or without the support of other regions) or else.... Nigeria must be grateful to all Ijaw leaders and youths because they are responsible for stopping militancy and therefore improving the economy of Nigeria. We are asked not only to be grateful to Alams, we must be grateful to President Jonathan, Edwin Clark, Timi Alaibe, boyloaf, Asari Dokubo, elder orubebe and lots of others.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by joseph1832(m): 12:03pm On Mar 16, 2013
EzeUche: Sometimes you have to make a deal with the devil.
At what expense?
Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by billyG(m): 12:26pm On Mar 16, 2013
ehhhn!alamieyesseigghha is crucial 2 nigeria's Economy so na him bele dey produce d 2.4milln barrels of oil abi jona cry
Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by PastorOla1: 12:41pm On Mar 16, 2013
There is more than the eye can see, when will it be the turn of Bode George , James Ibori & Co. GEJ is too confused and will surely continue to miss fire and miss behavie.
Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by tomakint: 1:43pm On Mar 16, 2013
thelastPope:

No matter what you think, you cannot change the fact that Alams was the guy the FG under Yaradua called upon at that crucial time to get the militants to embrace peace and amnesty. That is a historical fact!
Stop wasting your precious time educating 'dolts' in the house, too many young minds who are incorrigibly stubborn to their warped views, trust me they can make you go nuts with their incoherent psychobabbles cool
Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by playmode(m): 2:58pm On Mar 16, 2013
Only in Africa.Just another proof that Jonathan is an i.d..i..o..t of epic proportions I just wish someone will murder this Jonathan and save Nigeria from all these embarrassments.
Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by EzeUche(m): 3:19pm On Mar 16, 2013
After thinking about this, sometimes making a deal with the devil is not the best option.

Alamieyeseigha arseee should be rotting in jail. GEJ really messed up with his pardon.

There is no defense to this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Murray-bruce Declares For Senate, Laments Widespread Poverty. / Army Recovers IED At Boboshe And Kadawu (photos) / Sagay: Atiku's Lawyers Only Collected His Billions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.